Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bag charges

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When the 10p or 20p bag tax was introduced it was with the aim of cutting down use of plastic bags from shops. A good thing in my opinion and I gladly paid it. Some shops, Boots for example, have done away with plastic bags and use paper bags instead. Fine, a good thing EXCEPT they STILL charge 10p for the bag! I think Greggs do that as well, not too sure though. Why are we being charged for something that's completely biodegradable and disposable? I asked my local Boots store manager and she said Boots put the charges gathered towards making other things in the Boots range more environmentally friendly. Hmmmmm. I don't think so. I reckon it's sheer profiteering.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's utter bollocks. Go to the likes of Walmart in America and they just put about 2 items in every plastic bag. Disgusting waste.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Morrison’s paper bags started at 25p now it’s 30p… they that’s not the case and it was always 30p, til I produced a receipt proving it was 25p…. It’s not like the bag has got bigger…. I don’t grudge the money, I do reuse the paper bags, but if they don’t know why the price was put up I’d rather they just say so than lie.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I use it as a way to shop more intentionally. If I don't have a bag or it won't fit in my bag, I can't have it.

By *ltra72Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Morrison’s paper bags started at 25p now it’s 30p… they that’s not the case and it was always 30p, til I produced a receipt proving it was 25p…. It’s not like the bag has got bigger…. I don’t grudge the money, I do reuse the paper bags, but if they don’t know why the price was put up I’d rather they just say so than lie. "

Yes I was in Morrisons last night, I couldn’t I couldn’t believe it was 30p for a paper bag

Post new Message to Thread