Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Anyone got Alexa

Jump to newest

By *uck-Rogers OP   Man
over a year ago

Tarka trail

My son has bought an Alexa. I said to him I would buy one if I could change the activation name to Bitch. Bitch turn the light on. What name would you choose, if you could change it. ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *al kalMan
over a year ago

london

"My son has bought an Alexa. I said to him I would buy one if I could change the activation name to Bitch. Bitch turn the light on. What name would you choose, if you could change it. ?"

IamMisogynistic maybe…

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Something less misogynistic.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Darling

That way I could say "hello darling" in my best Catherine Tate nan voice and then pretend I have a loving partner and say things like "darling, can you play me some Placebo please?"

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I'd call mine Oi

over a year ago

She's tied up and gagged in my basement

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Why is it called Alexa anyway?

By *urplechesterCouple
over a year ago

chester

I think I’d rename her to bob or something simple like that , she’s my morning alarm so saying Alexa snooze several times every day gets a bit annoying haha! Miss pc

By *uck-Rogers OP   Man
over a year ago

Tarka trail

After ALEXA Morales jr

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

I added Hey Santa to my Alexa in December. He’s still there so I sometimes ask him stuff instead of Alexa. It amuses me

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

She's easily amused ^

By *orruptionandliesMan
over a year ago

leeds

Our daughters name is alyssa however alexa misinterprates this as her so if we call alyssa alexa activates

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

U can change it apparently! Which I must get round to doing it's either that or change one of the dogs name he is called dexter! When I say dexter stop (usually barking) she stops! X

By *iromancergirl1Woman
over a year ago

bolton

Yes I have 3 dotted around the house we use them for alarms, music , audiobooks , she will tell you a joke if you ask her I’d be lost without mine.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

My dad couldn't remember the name Alexa so I changed it to "computer" to make it easier for him. Then he told me it wasn't working. Turned out he was saying "calculator what time is it"

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

"My dad couldn't remember the name Alexa so I changed it to "computer" to make it easier for him. Then he told me it wasn't working. Turned out he was saying "calculator what time is it""

aw bless

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Honeybum?

over a year ago

I managed to send mine a bit mad when I was listening to an audio book on which a character was called Alexa. Everytime the character was mentioned, the Echo Dot thought it was being asked to do something.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I've got it activated on one of my devices. I just changed the name to Amazon. I'm uncomfortable calling non sentient things human names.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"My son has bought an Alexa. I said to him I would buy one if I could change the activation name to Bitch. Bitch turn the light on. What name would you choose, if you could change it. ?"

Why would you change it to Bitch? I was somewhere once and a guy had a dog called "Woman". I couldn't understand the kind set behind that either. Well, I could but I didn't really want to think about it.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

*mind set

over a year ago

Well I suppose ‘better example to my son’ is kinda a long name ....

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I heard a radio interview with women called Alexa some time back. Some of them had contacted Amazon and asked for the name to be changed because of the "jokes" being made and a female name being given to an object that essentially was there to serve and keep quiet when not needed.

over a year ago

"I heard a radio interview with women called Alexa some time back. Some of them had contacted Amazon and asked for the name to be changed because of the "jokes" being made and a female name being given to an object that essentially was there to serve and keep quiet when not needed."

over a year ago

"Why is it called Alexa anyway?"

Mrs N explained it.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I heard a radio interview with women called Alexa some time back. Some of them had contacted Amazon and asked for the name to be changed because of the "jokes" being made and a female name being given to an object that essentially was there to serve and keep quiet when not needed.

"

I suppose the one millionth time a hilarious person says "Alexa make me a cup of coffee" the joke wears a bit thin

over a year ago

Ask her for fart sounds

By *orruptionandliesMan
over a year ago

leeds

"My son has bought an Alexa. I said to him I would buy one if I could change the activation name to Bitch. Bitch turn the light on. What name would you choose, if you could change it. ?

Ask her for fart sounds"

Seconds of fun with that

By *izzy69Man
over a year ago

London

"My son has bought an Alexa. I said to him I would buy one if I could change the activation name to Bitch. Bitch turn the light on. What name would you choose, if you could change it. ?

IamMisogynistic maybe…"

You're assuming "bitch" to be referring to a female. People nowadays say that word without gender bias

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

Ask her for fart sounds"

I was a juror in a pretty serious court case a couple of years ago. One day one of the lawyers opened up his lap top and all around the court you could hear ‘what fart sound would you like to hear?’ I thought the judges eyebrows were going to push his wig off they raised so fast and so high. The laptop was slammed shut and the lawyer looked mortified and quite right too! It was kinda funny though

By *ecretlivesCouple
over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

"I heard a radio interview with women called Alexa some time back. Some of them had contacted Amazon and asked for the name to be changed because of the "jokes" being made and a female name being given to an object that essentially was there to serve and keep quiet when not needed.

I suppose the one millionth time a hilarious person says "Alexa make me a cup of coffee" the joke wears a bit thin "

Apparently a real problem for children named before alexa arrived. Other children can be unintentionally cruel. Why they ever chose a common human name - rather than up-front saying pick-your-own is probably something that will see them in court in US.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

IamMisogynistic maybe…

You're assuming "bitch" to be referring to a female. People nowadays say that word without gender bias"

To refer to people of any gender who are displaying what are widely (and incorrectly in my opinion) held to be female behaviours.

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

I don't want any strangers in my house. Anything she can do, I can do better ...well perhaps not anything but a lot

Post new Message to Thread