Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Four horsemen

Jump to newest

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

We’ve had the plague. War looks possible. Food prices are rising….what next pestilence?

I don’t mean to jest but remember when all we used to worry about was Pop Idol..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Pestilence next? Have you not been paying attention for the last two years?

over a year ago

Project 2030

over a year ago

Four Horsemen were eliminated in the third week the year Michelle McManus won.

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"Pestilence next? Have you not been paying attention for the last two years? "

That was plague surely..?

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

The Fourth Horseman is named Death

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

Oh I don't know, the forum seems surprisingly relaxed at the prospect of Russia marching into Ukraine and triggering WWIII.

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"The Fourth Horseman is named Death"

Well he can bugger off..

over a year ago

A cheery thread for a Monday morning

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"Oh I don't know, the forum seems surprisingly relaxed at the prospect of Russia marching into Ukraine and triggering WWIII."

Hardly a place of topical debate, I guess most people are numb to the prospect?

Russia and China have got ahead in the arms race whilst the west discharged a trillion shells at terrorist shadows.

Plus Russia has been excellent at spreading internet dissent. What forum hasn’t been infiltrated by their troll factories. Both the U.K. and the US are more divided than ever whilst the EU wobbles like a house of cards.

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"A cheery thread for a Monday morning "

I only come here for the laughs.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

We'd all better fuck like the last days of Rome then. Just saying

over a year ago

The horsemen are drawing nearer, on leather steed's they ride, they come to take your life

over a year ago

"We’ve had the plague. War looks possible. Food prices are rising….what next pestilence?

I don’t mean to jest but remember when all we used to worry about was Pop Idol.."

Pretty Patel might become prime minister....

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"We'd all better fuck like the last days of Rome then. Just saying"

Sadly the last days of Rome were a time of harsh Christianity. It was short on bukakee..

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"We’ve had the plague. War looks possible. Food prices are rising….what next pestilence?

I don’t mean to jest but remember when all we used to worry about was Pop Idol..

Pretty Patel might become prime minister...."

over a year ago

The trouble with living in a "Christian" society is that the end of days is always just around the corner. That wacky fire and brimstone ending to The Revelations of St John the Divine. Isn't Jesus supposed to come back straight after? If he's seen reality TV he might worry his dad might tell him he has to die for our sins once more. I doubt he'll be double keen to go through all that again.

Also, armed horsemen would have been the height of wealth and power when these things were written. So if we're going to maintain that level of fear shouldn't we expect something more modern? Like, I dunno, the four hybrid drivers of the apocalypse? Or maybe the four wheeled drives of the apocalypse? The four apache attack helicopter pilots of the apocalypse?

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

"We'd all better fuck like the last days of Rome then. Just saying

Sadly the last days of Rome were a time of harsh Christianity. It was short on bukakee.."

But isn't this the time to pray? Isn't that what I hear all the time in clubs coming out of the rooms? Oh God, Oh God, Oh God!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/01/22 09:01:09]

over a year ago

"The trouble with living in a "Christian" society is that the end of days is always just around the corner. That wacky fire and brimstone ending to The Revelations of St John the Divine. Isn't Jesus supposed to come back straight after? If he's seen reality TV he might worry his dad might tell him he has to die for our sins once more. I doubt he'll be double keen to go through all that again.

Also, armed horsemen would have been the height of wealth and power when these things were written. So if we're going to maintain that level of fear shouldn't we expect something more modern? Like, I dunno, the four hybrid drivers of the apocalypse? Or maybe the four wheeled drives of the apocalypse? The four apache attack helicopter pilots of the apocalypse?"

It’s the four motorcyclists now, if they can get death to stop playing pinball. Good Omens is a good read.

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"The trouble with living in a "Christian" society is that the end of days is always just around the corner. That wacky fire and brimstone ending to The Revelations of St John the Divine. Isn't Jesus supposed to come back straight after? If he's seen reality TV he might worry his dad might tell him he has to die for our sins once more. I doubt he'll be double keen to go through all that again.

Also, armed horsemen would have been the height of wealth and power when these things were written. So if we're going to maintain that level of fear shouldn't we expect something more modern? Like, I dunno, the four hybrid drivers of the apocalypse? Or maybe the four wheeled drives of the apocalypse? The four apache attack helicopter pilots of the apocalypse?"

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

As anyone who has had too much to drink on a night out knows, the REAL four horsemen are;

The Vomit Fairy

The Rolf Goblin

The Chunder gremlin

The Sputum Elf

over a year ago

As long as they only take the Christians and others daft enough to believe in them I really don't care..

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

The Four Horsemen is the real name of the The Queen Vic in Walford.

Post new Message to Thread