Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dreadlocks

Jump to newest

By *igInHer14 OP   Man
over a year ago

york

Dreads have a bit of a miss representation…what do ladies think of men/women with them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What misrepresentation do they have?

By *igInHer14 OP   Man
over a year ago

york

"What misrepresentation do they have? "

Unwashed

Smell

Dirty

Scruffy

Etc etc

over a year ago

"What misrepresentation do they have?

Unwashed

Smell

Dirty

Scruffy

Etc etc"

I’ve never heard them described as any of those things....

over a year ago

Unwashed

Smell

Dirty

Scruffy

Etc etc"

I think that might be the thoughts of some older people

I think, as a whole, we've moved on from those preconceptions though

I like them - I think they look kinda cool

By *igInHer14 OP   Man
over a year ago

york

Unwashed

Smell

Dirty

Scruffy

Etc etc

I think that might be the thoughts of some older people

I think, as a whole, we've moved on from those preconceptions though

I like them - I think they look kinda cool"

Excellent, I agree it is a more older generational thought.

Swampy did nothing to help

By *igInHer14 OP   Man
over a year ago

york

Unwashed

Smell

Dirty

Scruffy

Etc etc

I’ve never heard them described as any of those things...."

Really?? I am surprised. Then, yeah, maybe opinion has changed

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Do you have dreads and if so have you faced people with those misconceptions?

By *igInHer14 OP   Man
over a year ago

york

"Do you have dreads and if so have you faced people with those misconceptions?"

I do…& of course, not as much most recently admittedly but yeah ignorance can be scary at times

By *igInHer14 OP   Man
over a year ago

york

Ladies? Thoughts?

By *bonyBiDesiresCouple
over a year ago

West London

[Removed by poster at 23/01/22 11:15:24]

By *bonyBiDesiresCouple
over a year ago

West London

I have them. I love them.

I give a lot of TLC to them.

Mine are gorgeous...like me

B

By *nthony MMan
over a year ago

london

In my opinion dreadlocks were more of a religious thing so the older generations didn’t really keep their locks in good shape , where as now dread locks are more of a fashion statement so people groom and maintain them much more

By *atty CoramWoman
over a year ago

Wimbledon

"I have them. I love them.

I give a lot of TLC to them.

Mine are gorgeous...like me

B"

Yours are gorgeous. I have hair envy.

I ll be happy if mine look half as good. Im not very disciplined though. One misconception I had was that they would be easier to maintain.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Unwashed

Smell

Dirty

Scruffy

Etc etc"

Mine certainly don't and currently they are wrapped up in a big towel after washing them this morning.

By *bonyBiDesiresCouple
over a year ago

West London

Awww thanks Tatty .

Well it gets easier over the years. Do you re-do your own?

P.S. Lovely body by the way.

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

I had a bad experience with someone who had dreads so it does put me off a bit (as do men with top knots!) Which I know is unfair but it makes my palms sweaty and I get a bit anxious

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Ma pubes are in Dreadlocks

By *atty CoramWoman
over a year ago

Wimbledon

"Awww thanks Tatty .

Well it gets easier over the years. Do you re-do your own?

P.S. Lovely body by the way.

"

Thank you!

I tried to interloc once: big mistake - HUGE!

Now I leave it to the professionals.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Unwashed

Smell

Dirty

Scruffy

Etc etc

I’ve never heard them described as any of those things...."

This one time, someone cut their dreads, and they had maggots living in them. So yes they definitely have that rep.

By *risxbrisxMan
over a year ago

Bristol

I've had my locks for over 16 years and I cant remember the last time anyone asked the classics "aren't they really dirty? Don't they smell bad?" etc when I was younger like over 10 years ago used to get it a lot though.

They seem to just get a lot of nice compliments and hairpreciation theese days. Cool to see some fellow dreadheads on Fab

By *bonyBiDesiresCouple
over a year ago

West London

I hear that. I interlock mine. Takes a while to get the hang of it. Sticking to professionals is best for your hair and sanity though lol.

By *bonyBiDesiresCouple
over a year ago

West London

The funniest question I've been asked is 'Do you wash it?' LMAO.

Mostly, I get a lot of compliments, so the appreciation is awesome.

Also get the 'can I touch it?' question.

Next time it comes up, the naughty in me might just pull my knickers down and open my legs for them to touch me THERE one day .

over a year ago

Unwashed

Smell

Dirty

Scruffy

Etc etc

This one time, someone cut their dreads, and they had maggots living in them. So yes they definitely have that rep. "

Really? Did that actually happen though or is it something someone told you in the pub? Maggots tend to live off rotting flesh so I’m struggling to see how they can survive in dreadlocks.

Also, one incident, if true, isn’t enough to claim they have a reputation. If you judge everyone who has dreadlocks by the condition of one person who has dreadlocks then you really need to change your way of thinking.

over a year ago

I have dreads and have had them for years.

There is still a lack of understanding on how to care for them. Plus there are a lot of weirdos who think they can just touch your hair in public.

By *risxbrisxMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Unwashed

Smell

Dirty

Scruffy

Etc etc

This one time, someone cut their dreads, and they had maggots living in them. So yes they definitely have that rep.

Really? Did that actually happen though or is it something someone told you in the pub? Maggots tend to live off rotting flesh so I’m struggling to see how they can survive in dreadlocks.

Also, one incident, if true, isn’t enough to claim they have a reputation. If you judge everyone who has dreadlocks by the condition of one person who has dreadlocks then you really need to change your way of thinking. "

It is a myth for gullible people. Maggots need a decaying food source not dry hair loool

over a year ago

Unwashed

Smell

Dirty

Scruffy

Etc etc

Also, one incident, if true, isn’t enough to claim they have a reputation. If you judge everyone who has dreadlocks by the condition of one person who has dreadlocks then you really need to change your way of thinking.

It is a myth for gullible people. Maggots need a decaying food source not dry hair loool "

That’s what I thought, amazing what people will believe haha.

I hate to think the worse of people but I wonder if the people who think dreadlocks are dirty, smelly, full of maggots....would have the same opinion if it wasn’t predominantly black people who have them? Not accusing anyone of being racist....just a thought.

over a year ago

Depends on the person. Some look scruffy, some look cool.

By *lofeldMan
over a year ago

Redhill

An ex fwb of mine had them, she looked great, loved the feel of them on me.

And being a slaphead, some mild envy too

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

I dont like long hair on men of any sort, sorry

By *lofeldMan
over a year ago

Redhill

"I dont like long hair on men of any sort, sorry "

How about no hair?

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Unwashed

Smell

Dirty

Scruffy

Etc etc

Also, one incident, if true, isn’t enough to claim they have a reputation. If you judge everyone who has dreadlocks by the condition of one person who has dreadlocks then you really need to change your way of thinking. "

I used to groom dogs.

We had all sorts come in.

Now, there was one occasion where the poor thing was matted to fuck. Had to clip it all over and the lot came off in one almost rug like section. It was horrific and the rspca needing informing. This dog did have maggots. Maggots around a flesh wound that desperately needed vet treatment.

Would I judge Hungarian Pulis and Komondors the same? Absolutely not. If you've never seen those breeds look them up, my god they're stunning.

Everyone look at Hungarian Pulis and Komondors..... pweeeeease how gorgeous are they?!

over a year ago

Unwashed

Smell

Dirty

Scruffy

Etc etc

I used to groom dogs.

Now, there was one occasion where the poor thing was matted to fuck. Had to clip it all over and the lot came off in one almost rug like section. It was horrific and the rspca needing informing. This dog did have maggots. Maggots around a flesh wound that desperately needed vet treatment.

Would I judge Hungarian Pulis and Komondors the same? Absolutely not. If you've never seen those breeds look them up, my god they're stunning.

Everyone look at Hungarian Pulis and Komondors..... pweeeeease how gorgeous are they?! "

Yeah, the maggots were feeding off the flesh wound, not the matted hair. They’d have been there whether the hair was matted or not.

It must have been horrible seeing a dog in that condition, how could anyone neglect a dog like that. Very sad.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Unwashed

Smell

Dirty

Scruffy

Etc etc

I used to groom dogs.

Everyone look at Hungarian Pulis and Komondors..... pweeeeease how gorgeous are they?!

Yeah, the maggots were feeding off the flesh wound, not the matted hair. They’d have been there whether the hair was matted or not.

It must have been horrible seeing a dog in that condition, how could anyone neglect a dog like that. Very sad. "

Exactly.

Yeah I cried a lot over that. There were a few that were in a right state but that one will never leave me. We would try to educate the owners, but that was too much and wasn't being taken in any way other than abuse.

By *risxbrisxMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Unwashed

Smell

Dirty

Scruffy

Etc etc

I used to groom dogs.

Everyone look at Hungarian Pulis and Komondors..... pweeeeease how gorgeous are they?! "

Poor doggo! I love dogs so much, Puli dogs and komondours are lushh

By *nthony MMan
over a year ago

london

I just get compliments on my locks never had a bad word said to me about them in the 4 years I’ve had them

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

I said why have you braided spaghetti into your hair.. she said “cos I pastafaria..”

By *lasphemousGirlWoman
over a year ago

Cambs

Dreadlocks look great as long as they're well maintained.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"Dreadlocks look great as long as they're well maintained. "

I don't to anything to my 13 year old dreads, just wash them and tuck them up for work.

What else am I supposed to do to maintain them?

Post new Message to Thread