Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

High street supermarket wars

Jump to newest

By *ranimallxl5 OP   Man
over a year ago

Winchester

Co-Op has really started to pull it's socks up recently. The app has decent savings and it does student discount. Five pound freezer deal is awesome. I'd love to take someone down to my local for a social

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Co-Op has really started to pull it's socks up recently. The app has decent savings and it does student discount. Five pound freezer deal is awesome. I'd love to take someone down to my local for a social"

Because they are making money selling your personal data

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Tbh good to have one by, convenient and good for all the basics. But range is a little limited when you want something with that extra je ne sais quoi in my opinion. Also, at the moment quite often there seem to be a few shelves not as well stocked as they used to be. I am glad it's there but could not get everything I want in there alone

over a year ago

"Co-Op has really started to pull it's socks up recently. The app has decent savings and it does student discount. Five pound freezer deal is awesome. I'd love to take someone down to my local for a social"

When I'm at the CO-OP I like a quick in and out.

By *ranimallxl5 OP   Man
over a year ago

Winchester

"Co-Op has really started to pull it's socks up recently. The app has decent savings and it does student discount. Five pound freezer deal is awesome. I'd love to take someone down to my local for a social

Because they are making money selling your personal data"

That's fine who doesn't have my personal data in 2022?

By *ranimallxl5 OP   Man
over a year ago

Winchester

"Tbh good to have one by, convenient and good for all the basics. But range is a little limited when you want something with that extra je ne sais quoi in my opinion. Also, at the moment quite often there seem to be a few shelves not as well stocked as they used to be. I am glad it's there but could not get everything I want in there alone "

But I'm only comparing to the other express shops not the major supermarket

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Up 'ere, the Co-op has actual proper big shops, as well as the local ones. Still not as competitive as other supermarkets but usually decent goods. The Co-op was founded up near here too

over a year ago

"Co-Op has really started to pull it's socks up recently. The app has decent savings and it does student discount. Five pound freezer deal is awesome. I'd love to take someone down to my local for a social

"

Doesnt mean you have to give it away all the time. There are steps you can do to minimise it. Its a bit like saying crime happens, so we should just let it happen

Just pointing out theses "deals" are a loss leader to supermarkets (if they are even making a loss) while they are selling advertising/personal data to other people for ALOT more than the savings you get on a bag of chips. We are not the ones winning in this situation. there is a reason they are moving to a model of only getting these "savings" while you are signing your privacy away to another corporation. Leveraging stuff like FOMO ect

We shouldnt be incentivising these practices

By *ranimallxl5 OP   Man
over a year ago

Winchester

Doesnt mean you have to give it away all the time. There are steps you can do to minimise it. Its a bit like saying crime happens, so we should just let it happen

Just pointing out theses "deals" are a loss leader to supermarkets (if they are even making a loss) while they are selling advertising/personal data to other people for ALOT more than the savings you get on a bag of chips. We are not the ones winning in this situation. there is a reason they are moving to a model of only getting these "savings" while you are signing your privacy away to another corporation. Leveraging stuff like FOMO ect

We shouldnt be incentivising these practices "

I've nothing to hide. I use google, it's fine

Post new Message to Thread