Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Self Esteem Problems

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I was just wondering how many people have self esteem problems and just want to post in this thread what you are feeling. Then people can show you how wrong you are about yourself and what people think about you. Have courage to swing don't just talk about it and then run when its time to play. Come speak your mind.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

Pretty much most people, unless completely arrogant will of had self esteem issues in the past.

2022 is the year I get into the best shape of my life before I’m way too old. This has caused me to feel a little down about how I look as it’s not the body that I want. I wouldn’t call it slow self esteem as I know I’m my head that I look no different than before. I’m m just waiting for that major breakthrough before I post pics of myself naked self again

Beard

By *orruptionandliesMan
over a year ago

leeds

Confidence definitely

Being placed on garden leave and not working has left a sense of purpose who which is bizarre

By *yway60Man
over a year ago

Gamlingay

"Pretty much most people, unless completely arrogant will of had self esteem issues in the past.

2022 is the year I get into the best shape of my life before I’m way too old. This has caused me to feel a little down about how I look as it’s not the body that I want. I wouldn’t call it slow self esteem as I know I’m my head that I look no different than before. I’m m just waiting for that major breakthrough before I post pics of myself naked self again

Beard "

I hope don't mind a gay guy replying to your post. But I want to say just how amazing I think your body is. I know we all have our preferences, but speaking solely for myself you have the body I can only wish for myself. And it is definitely one I would love to explore! We all have our insecurities, despite what others may tell us to the contrary. I know I do. But believe me when I say 'F**k you are hot!!'

By *aseMan
over a year ago

Gourock

Been getting involved in the forums & enjoying them..But there's a small group of women from the west of Scotland, Enjoy slating me all the time ! But I can take it, just now

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Been getting involved in the forums & enjoying them..But there's a small group of women from the west of Scotland, Enjoy slating me all the time ! But I can take it, just now "
when you tell those women you've took screenshots of their pics, are you surprised

By *aseMan
over a year ago

Gourock

"Been getting involved in the forums & enjoying them..But there's a small group of women from the west of Scotland, Enjoy slating me all the time ! But I can take it, just now when you tell those women you've took screenshots of their pics, are you surprised"
Do you honestly think I done that lol, You's women are easy to wind up...

over a year ago

"Been getting involved in the forums & enjoying them..But there's a small group of women from the west of Scotland, Enjoy slating me all the time ! But I can take it, just now when you tell those women you've took screenshots of their pics, are you surprised Do you honestly think I done that lol, You's women are easy to wind up..."
I do yea

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

"Pretty much most people, unless completely arrogant will of had self esteem issues in the past.

Beard

I hope don't mind a gay guy replying to your post. But I want to say just how amazing I think your body is. I know we all have our preferences, but speaking solely for myself you have the body I can only wish for myself. And it is definitely one I would love to explore! We all have our insecurities, despite what others may tell us to the contrary. I know I do. But believe me when I say 'F**k you are hot!!' "

Of course I don’t mind and thank you for saying that

By *ookiemonster500Man
over a year ago

No where

I think the self of steam issues are common but rarely spoke about from a man's perspective maybe due to the alpha male/provider (very old way of looking at it however its something that men do have). The fact in media and in this site sometimes if you aren't the 6'4 gym shark model you may not attract the attention you first may have thought you would get.

However for me personally I have multiple issues that I haven't spoke about that pften but in a open forum I think it's time to talk

I've always been aware of how I look and not for the better I'm my worse enemy and biggest critic if someone gives me a compliment I am humble with it and appreciate it but actually believing that is another thing its hard to believe with the pictures that are available on here but I wear confidence suit of armour as I call it I will be thar Jack lad big dick swing pillock but realistically ill be insecure checking things over 20 times getting changed that many as well and trying to make everything "perfect" as well now this has seeped into my sexual life where I am asking myself am I adequate for the person I'm with was they satisfied etc its all just a hole load of insecurity thar I carry with me and sometimes it gets too much

By *entative_steps7781Couple
over a year ago

Home

"I was just wondering how many people have self esteem problems and just want to post in this thread what you are feeling. Then people can show you how wrong you are about yourself and what people think about you. Have courage to swing don't just talk about it and then run when its time to play. Come speak your mind. "

I have always struggled with self esteem issues.

I have a really negative inner voice and often insult the way I look (ugly, fat etc) and I struggle to believe that people really like me, or that I have anything to offer in a conversation.

This hasn't been helped recently by being made redundant, as I am now a stay at home mum, and so feel I have even less to offer.....

I have worked with therapists on this, and am continuing to do so at home, but it's still an issue.

MJ x

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I sometimes get told I have self-esteem problems. Unfortunately, it's just that I have an uncommonly honest attitude regarding my shortcomings and the various challenges I face.

over a year ago

I have issues with trust. This stems from a previous “boyfriend” who messed with my mind. I won’t go into it but when I find someone who wants to meet again and again, I get worried that they don’t mean what they say, or I’ll send a text and it gets read but not replied or not read at all…. For days I spend the time with all sorts going through my head, then I’ll get a text from that person and all is good for a bit then starts again. If there’s a pattern to it and I know the pattern I’m fine but when the texting is all over the place so am I.

over a year ago

"Been getting involved in the forums & enjoying them..But there's a small group of women from the west of Scotland, Enjoy slating me all the time ! But I can take it, just now "

I don't know if you've heard this quotation before but it's one I really like and try to remember when I encounter trolls, haters or other such harbingers of misery.

"Someone else's opinion of me is none of my business."

over a year ago

"I was just wondering how many people have self esteem problems and just want to post in this thread what you are feeling. Then people can show you how wrong you are about yourself and what people think about you. Have courage to swing don't just talk about it and then run when its time to play. Come speak your mind.

I have always struggled with self esteem issues.

I have a really negative inner voice and often insult the way I look (ugly, fat etc) and I struggle to believe that people really like me, or that I have anything to offer in a conversation.

This hasn't been helped recently by being made redundant, as I am now a stay at home mum, and so feel I have even less to offer.....

I have worked with therapists on this, and am continuing to do so at home, but it's still an issue.

MJ x"

I can totally relate to this especially the constant negative voice.

over a year ago

Definitely. Came here for some potential fun and chatting and if anything the experience I've had so far has shattered what little was left. I understand you can't be everyone's cup of tea but didn't expect this. Think this site is more for people who have a lot to be confident about

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I haven’t read the comments but I think if you have self-esteem problems it doesn’t matter what anyone else says. It has to come from you. If you’re not happy with yourself your self esteem and confidence will be low and nothing anyone says can change that. In my experience that’s true anyway x

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"I haven’t read the comments but I think if you have self-esteem problems it doesn’t matter what anyone else says. It has to come from you. If you’re not happy with yourself your self esteem and confidence will be low and nothing anyone says can change that. In my experience that’s true anyway x"

I agree from my own experience. Decades of low self esteem and non existent confidence. What others said had zero effect either way even if offered as encouragement. The loudest voice was always my own and it was only when I chose to ignore it when I was almost 50 years old that I realised other channels were also available and haven't looked back since.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I haven’t read the comments but I think if you have self-esteem problems it doesn’t matter what anyone else says. It has to come from you. If you’re not happy with yourself your self esteem and confidence will be low and nothing anyone says can change that. In my experience that’s true anyway x

I agree from my own experience. Decades of low self esteem and non existent confidence. What others said had zero effect either way even if offered as encouragement. The loudest voice was always my own and it was only when I chose to ignore it when I was almost 50 years old that I realised other channels were also available and haven't looked back since. "

That’s really good you got to that stage. I do sometimes then seem to go back again. Like a yo yo!

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"I haven’t read the comments but I think if you have self-esteem problems it doesn’t matter what anyone else says. It has to come from you. If you’re not happy with yourself your self esteem and confidence will be low and nothing anyone says can change that. In my experience that’s true anyway x

I agree from my own experience. Decades of low self esteem and non existent confidence. What others said had zero effect either way even if offered as encouragement. The loudest voice was always my own and it was only when I chose to ignore it when I was almost 50 years old that I realised other channels were also available and haven't looked back since.

That’s really good you got to that stage. I do sometimes then seem to go back again. Like a yo yo!"

I was going to say I've been lucky that I haven't slipped back but after all those years just reaching that point was a major achievement and a life changing as well as affirming moment so there was no going back from it.

over a year ago

"I was just wondering how many people have self esteem problems and just want to post in this thread what you are feeling. Then people can show you how wrong you are about yourself and what people think about you. Have courage to swing don't just talk about it and then run when its time to play. Come speak your mind. "

My biggest , l won't say biggest , problem is that lm extremely shy and l certainly don't want to be a burden on anyone ever, but life puts you into these positions sometimes and it's easier to not go through them than go through them but sometimes you have no choice.lm the type of guy that might be totally crushed because of both of these but it's just the way l am ,if you always put others first you end up holding the door instead of going in .Some people want that in others , most , if not all , see it as a sign of weakness.

over a year ago

Self esteem (or lack thereof) was what got me into sleeping around

I mean if they'll shag me, I must be alright yeah?

Such was my desire to be wanted that I put myself into situations that were both dangerous and cringey

I didn't see that at the time

It's only with maturity and security in myself did I realise that my self esteem needed working on not my sexual self

over a year ago

"I was just wondering how many people have self esteem problems and just want to post in this thread what you are feeling. Then people can show you how wrong you are about yourself and what people think about you. Have courage to swing don't just talk about it and then run when its time to play. Come speak your mind.

My biggest , l won't say biggest , problem is that lm extremely shy and l certainly don't want to be a burden on anyone ever, but life puts you into these positions sometimes and it's easier to not go through them than go through them but sometimes you have no choice.lm the type of guy that might be totally crushed because of both of these but it's just the way l am ,if you always put others first you end up holding the door instead of going in .Some people want that in others , most , if not all , see it as a sign of weakness."

I know exactly what you mean. You grow up this way thinking its how you're supposed to be but all it does is leave you left behind. Only adding confusion to the idea of how you should or could be so that it wouldn't be that way. I often wonder is this just who we are and is there no getting around it

over a year ago

"I haven’t read the comments but I think if you have self-esteem problems it doesn’t matter what anyone else says. It has to come from you. If you’re not happy with yourself your self esteem and confidence will be low and nothing anyone says can change that. In my experience that’s true anyway x"

Very true, I am my own worst critic. I try hard to feel confident about how I look, but then I’m reminded of how I’ve been treated and it goes. But I’m a fighter and won’t stop trying x

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Very true, I am my own worst critic. I try hard to feel confident about how I look, but then I’m reminded of how I’ve been treated and it goes. But I’m a fighter and won’t stop trying x "

That must be even harder if you’ve been treated badly too. xx

over a year ago

Very true, I am my own worst critic. I try hard to feel confident about how I look, but then I’m reminded of how I’ve been treated and it goes. But I’m a fighter and won’t stop trying x

That must be even harder if you’ve been treated badly too. xx"

It is, because over a length of time I was conditioned to believe I wasn’t worth anything or any love. X

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I think everyone has self esteem issues from time to time. I know I definitely do. Often my mind will wander back to the insults people who loved me said to me, often said in jest but I have taken them to heart. Hurtful words can stay with you forever.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Me, I struggle to accept my body and that anyone can find it and me attractive.

over a year ago

Definitely have self esteem issues. Hate the way my body looks. Hate the way my face looks. Have mass imposter syndrome all the time. Hate almost everything about me. I know that’s not necessarily the opinion of others but I struggle to like myself really- don’t see what they see blah blah. Self love is a journey apparently though so I’ll give it time.

Fab doesn’t help tbf. Nor do any other dating/ hookup apps. But they don’t impact me as much as they used to so that’s growth.

over a year ago

Also there are some gorgeous people both inside and outside in the thread and I hope today you look in the mirror and tell yourself 5 things you love about yourself. Positive affirmations

By *tarflyLouWoman
over a year ago

Preston

Really low self-esteem here atm due to weight gain. I agree completely with Nora, nothing anybody says can change that x

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

I think that it's more that I have come to a realistic appreciation of how remote my chances are in the sexual arena. Women who have friendship feelings towards trans lesbians = lots. Women who have sexual feelings towards trans lesbians = very very few, and all of those already have partners.

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple
over a year ago

Planet Ork

"Really low self-esteem here atm due to weight gain. I agree completely with Nora, nothing anybody says can change that x"

Same here, we’re slowly getting older and fatter and with fab being full of so many fit hotties it doesn’t really help how we feel about ourselves!

over a year ago

"Also there are some gorgeous people both inside and outside in the thread and I hope today you look in the mirror and tell yourself 5 things you love about yourself. Positive affirmations "

You have to do this too Mr Plough!

over a year ago

"Definitely. Came here for some potential fun and chatting and if anything the experience I've had so far has shattered what little was left. I understand you can't be everyone's cup of tea but didn't expect this. Think this site is more for people who have a lot to be confident about "

There's trillions of men for every woman on here. Many of the women aren't meeting or chatting so it makes the likelihood of any reply/ positive reply very low.

It's not you it's the statistics. Don't let it get you down.

over a year ago

Not so much self esteem as i know people fancy me and want my winky more a self motivation problem than awt life just dont excite me anymore its all about productivity all while prattling on in the background about work life ballance just to cover there own back

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

I have the same wobbles as everyone. I’ll go through phases of being insecure on parts of my body.

I don’t think it’s ever really affected my sense of self worth. My self esteem is more linked to me as a person. Work stress can make me really doubt myself and make me question my competency which effects my self esteem

over a year ago

"Also there are some gorgeous people both inside and outside in the thread and I hope today you look in the mirror and tell yourself 5 things you love about yourself. Positive affirmations

You have to do this too Mr Plough! "

Ok I will if you will

over a year ago

Self-esteem very low, but in everyday life I'm fairly confident. Until I'm face to face or 1on1 with a anyone then I freeze. I have no idea what to say or do. In a group I'm fine I go with the flow...

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Tom has very low self esteem and possibly clinically low self esteem. Since childhood he has had very little self esteem and had to work hard to compensate.

By *inx.x3Woman
over a year ago

Bath

"Really low self-esteem here atm due to weight gain. I agree completely with Nora, nothing anybody says can change that x"

Same here.

Why does weight go on so quick

over a year ago

I've always worried that I'm a stand-in until something better comes along but fortunately I have a really understanding fwb who's slowly made me realise I'm no such thing. It'll always poke me now and then but I'm much better ghan I was

By *amspoonsMan
over a year ago

North East

Im fucking terrible for low self esteem. Never used to be. But now, genuinely, do not feel like I am worth much.

over a year ago

In the shape of my life but my self confidence is currently at its lowest….a lot of that is down to my year long search for a partner…I’m still single

Post new Message to Thread