Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Noisy neighbours

Jump to newest

By *adbod7519 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Anyone else have noisy neighbours?

I’ve nicknamed the woman in the flat above me ‘Godzilla’ because of the way she stomps around even though she has laminated flooring and no carpets.

Thankfully earplugs have helped a lot for when I go to bed.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

Surely the carpets would muffle the noise?

Our neighbour next door is a very quiet lady in her 80s, people from the house that's facing our garden can be a pain sometime though. It's only bad in the summer as they open door to the garden and he likes to yell at the TV and at his wife

K

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Anyone else have noisy neighbours?

I’ve nicknamed the woman in the flat above me ‘Godzilla’ because of the way she stomps around even though she has laminated flooring and no carpets.

Thankfully earplugs have helped a lot for when I go to bed. "

Our previous neighbours used to argue ALL the time, you could hear them slamming doors an throwing things around, I'm so glad they left. They once had the audacity to whinge about having to hear us having sex all the time, maybe if they'd tried it themselves the wouldn't be arguing

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’ve got neighbours that peep over the fence, if they stand in the right place they can see through my patio doors, I’ve started sitting on the sofa naked, give the nosey gits something to talk about

over a year ago

The couple next door to us has a woman with only one setting to her voice, and the is max’ volume. She shouts at EVERYTHING. Her phone calls, her dog, her telly, her husband. It’s bloody awful.

By *adbod7519 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Some people are so inconsiderate

over a year ago

I’ve got a neighbour that has started sitting on his sofa naked. At least I think he’s naked. I can’t see a willy so maybe he is and maybe he isn’t

over a year ago

I’ve a neighbor who starts his car every morning and leaves it running on the drive for at least 20 mins before leaving for work and yes that’s all year round including summer if I wash my car he watches me from his window then comes out and washes his

By *pike2010Man
over a year ago

Darlington

I have 3 noisy neighbours, one is constantly building some shed or other one likes garden parties til 2 or 3 in the morning and the other one has yappy dogs and a loud wife.. Glad I'm moving soon

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

I used to live in a flat. People upstairs had no consideration specially letting their small children run around. Luckily nighttimes were ok.

over a year ago

I think it's just unfortunately what happens when you live with apartments upstairs. The sound from their floorboards/washing machine.

I'd be reluctant to take anything other than top floor for that reason. I'm the one being 'noisy' now. Sorry

By *ecretlivesCouple
over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

My neighbour keeps shouting and banging on the walls. I will go round and let him out of the cuffs after my coffee.

over a year ago

"I have 3 noisy neighbours, one is constantly building some shed or other one likes garden parties til 2 or 3 in the morning and the other one has yappy dogs and a loud wife.. Glad I'm moving soon

"

We had all your three rolled into one - he was a *#$@ … the loud wife was him though lol - he’s gone now but the new people are friends of his so he visits

over a year ago

"I’ve got a neighbour that has started sitting on his sofa naked. At least I think he’s naked. I can’t see a willy so maybe he is and maybe he isn’t "

Love this

over a year ago

"I’ve a neighbor who starts his car every morning and leaves it running on the drive for at least 20 mins before leaving for work and yes that’s all year round including summer if I wash my car he watches me from his window then comes out and washes his "

Can you go out and turn it off?

By *asian_fruitMan
over a year ago

Fuckingham Palace

You should hear her when she’s bouncing up and down on me… you ain’t heard nothing yet

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

So many people don't think of their neighbours these days and how their behaviour affects them. People are selfish and think it's my house, my garden my drive and sometimes my road and can do anything I like. And this obsession with swings, trampolines and the rest stops others from enjoying a moment's peace in their own homes and gardens for all the noise, the screaming and the rest. Some parents also seem to believe it's OK to just let their kids do whatever they like, they are kids after all. It's the parents that have the responsibility to advise and supervise their kids appropriately rather than just let them do whatever they like irrespective of how impacts on others and especially their neighbours. My mother would have me just stay inside all the time rather than allow me to behave like that and upset the neighbours.

over a year ago

Not noisy neighbours but for 11 years I had Neighbours From Hell

Laminated flooring makes any stomping sound louder

over a year ago

Assholes that work from home all day and at 10 at night then decide it's a good time to start drilling.

over a year ago

Oh,god!that doesn't sound good,you sound really pissed off

By *adbod7519 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Thankfully earplugs have helped a lot for when I go to bed.

Not noisy neighbours but for 11 years I had Neighbours From Hell

Laminated flooring makes any stomping sound louder"

This is exactly what I’m going through!

over a year ago

I’m technically the noisy neighbor with a drum kit but being end of terrace I keep the kit as far away from the neighbor as possible, we also have an agreement I only play it between certain hours which I do. I’m lovely like that

over a year ago

One of my neighbours shouts all the time.

No wonder her husband looks fed up.

By *illiam101000Man
over a year ago

Melton Mowbray

Laminated flooring should be banned from all flats or shared buildings in my opinion. The noise transmission is appalling.

over a year ago

I have this problem. She lives above me and I've nicknamed her Dumbo because she thuds about on her wooden floors in her shoes, she bangs things about and drops things too. Unfortunately the walls are thin, I can hear her doing the toilet, I can hear her on the phone too, above my TV. This has been going on every night and morning for the four years I've been in my flat and I'm just fed up of it. I shout up telling her to shut up especially at 7.30am. One of my neighbours on the other side actually shouted it too one morning. Just shows how sound travels x

Post new Message to Thread