Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

polyamory

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi beautiful people! I was just wondering, anyone else on here in a polyamorous relationship with more than one person? (I am not talking about open relationships where you have a fwb but rather about multiple active caring relationships.)

Have fun and stay safe

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

There are plenty of poly people on here

LvM

over a year ago

"There are plenty of poly people on here

LvM"

And gorgeous ones from what I see

over a year ago

Lincoln

LvM

And gorgeous ones from what I see "

Oh, thanks but not us

*Lights the Lacey and Meli signal*

LvM

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

LvM

And gorgeous ones from what I see

Oh, thanks but not us

*Lights the Lacey and Meli signal*

LvM"

You called

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

To answer you OP I am not.

But it is what I would like. But a closed MMF triad

over a year ago

Nice to see some peeps that are poly or open to it on here Tbh it's rather surprising that it's not more common on here?

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Nice to see some peeps that are poly or open to it on here Tbh it's rather surprising that it's not more common on here?"

I guess it's because swinging is more focused on sex and while you do get polyamorous people who also swing (like myself) most want to get away from the stereotype that they just want to sleep around and would probably find here frustrating because most just want casual sex. Looking to date is often frowned upon on here.

By *aliceWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Nice to see some peeps that are poly or open to it on here Tbh it's rather surprising that it's not more common on here?"

Not really. While of course there can be overlap swinging and poly can also be at odds with each other. Lots of swinging couples would stop being comfortable at the point where romantic and emotional bonds started to develop, and lots of people in polyamorous dynamics would frown on casual sexual relationships being developed by their romantic partners.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Now there's a thought, would like to have a poly relationship with a mature mf couple.

over a year ago

Yeah, I guess you bith have a point. For me questioning one form of structure lead me to question the other too, which I thought might be somewhat common, but yes, they are two very sifferent things.

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

A question from the unenlightened that might be a bit dumb but I'd rather ask the genuinely polyamorous than Google so... is polyamory the same as polygamy where one person has multiple partners who do not necessarily have any relationship with each other?

Or is it more of a menage where all have relationships with each other and may even live together? For example, in an MMF not only would the two MMs be in a (sexual) relationship with the woman but also with each other. A diagram might be a better way of illustrating it but hopefully you get my point.

Maybe it's both those scenarios or other permutations that my bourgeois brain can't compute?

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"A question from the unenlightened that might be a bit dumb but I'd rather ask the genuinely polyamorous than Google so... is polyamory the same as polygamy where one person has multiple partners who do not necessarily have any relationship with each other?

Or is it more of a menage where all have relationships with each other and may even live together? For example, in an MMF not only would the two MMs be in a (sexual) relationship with the woman but also with each other. A diagram might be a better way of illustrating it but hopefully you get my point.

Maybe it's both those scenarios or other permutations that my bourgeois brain can't compute?

"

Polygamy is marrying multiple people.

Polyamory takes many forms. You can get triads, quads, or even larger groups where they all date each other but it's less common in my experience. Most practice parrallel dating. My partners are not dating each other because they're both heterosexual. They do however date other women. One has another long term partner.

over a year ago

"A question from the unenlightened that might be a bit dumb but I'd rather ask the genuinely polyamorous than Google so... is polyamory the same as polygamy where one person has multiple partners who do not necessarily have any relationship with each other?

Maybe it's both those scenarios or other permutations that my bourgeois brain can't compute?"

Both things can be polyamory, you find people that are in the former situation, people that are in the latter, and people in other arrangement forms. In my case, I have two gfs but they are friends with each other, not partners. Some of my friends live in polycules with 3 people all of them in a relationship. There are all kinds of romantic networks.

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I love learning new terminology: never heard of "parallel dating" and "polycule"

I knew this would be informative!

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I love learning new terminology: never heard of "parallel dating" and "polycule"

"

You can add metamour too if you like. That's your partner's partner

over a year ago

"To answer you OP I am not.

But it is what I would like. But a closed MMF triad "

You would? We should get that coffee and talk about that. Sounds fascinating.

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I love learning new terminology: never heard of "parallel dating" and "polycule"

You can add metamour too if you like. That's your partner's partner "

And I thought the Germans had the monopoly on innovative compound nouns! I'm tempted to get into this polyamory business just for the intellectual challenge

By *ingly_minx1Woman
over a year ago

Lincoln

I'm poly, in a hetero marriage and have lovers.

Recently had break ups with a couple of partners.

Husband has a gf and other women he is dating.

over a year ago

Polystyrene is bad for the plsnet

By *aliceWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Compersion is also a term you rarely see used outside of polyamory and quite a beautiful aim and concept.

Personally I hate the abbreviation poly because it puts all the emphasis on the less important part of the word.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

You can add metamour too if you like. That's your partner's partner

And I thought the Germans had the monopoly on innovative compound nouns! I'm tempted to get into this polyamory business just for the intellectual challenge "

over a year ago

"Compersion is also a term you rarely see used outside of polyamory and quite a beautiful aim and concept.

Personally I hate the abbreviation poly because it puts all the emphasis on the less important part of the word."

I was trying to explain compersion to my mum this afternoon. I think I did a rubbish job. It is a lovely concept.

over a year ago

Lincoln

"Nice to see some peeps that are poly or open to it on here Tbh it's rather surprising that it's not more common on here?

I guess it's because swinging is more focused on sex and while you do get polyamorous people who also swing (like myself) most want to get away from the stereotype that they just want to sleep around and would probably find here frustrating because most just want casual sex. Looking to date is often frowned upon on here. "

So can I or can I not sway you to be my comet one day?

K

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Lots of people on here don't want to emotionally share, they are happy for their partners to have sex with others but not love another person.

I am a solo poly with a stable of regular playmates and we have been together for nearly 3 years. We all see others and share partners

over a year ago

Polyamory was soooo last year.

I give it until 2023 until the new fad called ‘monogamy’ is back in fashion. It’s one shade darker than mahogany.

(Disclaimer: other wood references are available)

By *ocktoplaywithMan
over a year ago

Derby

I was, but not any more

Post new Message to Thread