Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Covid Birthday

Jump to newest

By *uperS77 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

Is the worst present to have!

What’s the worst gift you’ve been given?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Covid is not a great gift to give or receive, I'm sorry if you're poorly on your birthday. I hope someone is shoving a cake under the door.

The worst present I was given was a very lumpy, brown draught excluder. It looked used and I suspect it was stuffed with old tights and undies.

By *uperS77 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Covid is not a great gift to give or receive, I'm sorry if you're poorly on your birthday. I hope someone is shoving a cake under the door.

The worst present I was given was a very lumpy, brown draught excluder. It looked used and I suspect it was stuffed with old tights and undies. "

how was that wrapped, cake has been provided, but I must be ill because I didn’t even want any!

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

Yep, I tested positive about 30 mins before my Birthday party back in December. Had to quickly call round and tell everyone not to come. I was totally asymptomatic (and remained that way till clear). I only took a test because my daughter had to as she was ill and I wanted to set an example as I had to give her one. She tested negative. It was a rubish birthday present.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Covid is not a great gift to give or receive, I'm sorry if you're poorly on your birthday. I hope someone is shoving a cake under the door.

The worst present I was given was a very lumpy, brown draught excluder. It looked used and I suspect it was stuffed with old tights and undies. how was that wrapped, cake has been provided, but I must be ill because I didn’t even want any! "

What do you fancy, if anything? Send up the bat signal for that.

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

I was bought a pair of slippers for Christmas. Not bad I hear you say.

They were boots and had a velcro strap across them. Like 80 yr olds in Homes wear.

These were my only present from my then partner and she received a very caustic assessment of her present buying skills and her future romantic status.

God, I was soooo angry.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I was bought a pair of slippers for Christmas. Not bad I hear you say.

They were boots and had a velcro strap across them. Like 80 yr olds in Homes wear.

These were my only present from my then partner and she received a very caustic assessment of her present buying skills and her future romantic status.

God, I was soooo angry. "

Did they keep your feet warm though?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Worst present I got was a packet of jelly babies from my mum for Xmas. No I wasn't 5, I was in my 30's!

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
over a year ago

Next Door

God, I was soooo angry.

Did they keep your feet warm though?"

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

God, I was soooo angry.

Did they keep your feet warm though? "

Honestly, they nearly kept her face warm as I felt like throwing them at her.

She had the audacity to cry. As she sat thee surrounded by gifts all cunningly wrapped to add to the surprise.

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

Poole

My now ex husband forgetting my birthday. Mil & Fil had just arrived back in the uk from 6 weeks in Oz. Same evening a family meal was booked for a catch up. 12 of us in all. Mil, was asking if the 3 small grandchildren enjoyed their birthdays and prezzies (which she'd left pre wrapped, before she left). The penny then dropped and she said, "oh it's your birthday today"! My ex husband then clicked and fell through the floor. At leaset Mil had an excuse. She'd just spent 24 hours travling. Ex husband did not know what to do with himself.

Another birthday, we we're broke. He went to Tesco. He came back with a bottle of JD for him (I don't drink), I got a £3 tub of hand cream. I don't use hand cream.

Another birthday, ex husband got up early to catch a flight to France. That evening, when he called me. He could not understand why I was crying. It was my birthday, that he'd not only forgotton, but didnt even say happy birthday.

To top it all. I'm a twin, so always have to share my birthday. Imadgin having your first bike. Yes, it was a joint gift. I only git to ride it. When my brother brought it back with a flat tyre. Not to mention, sharing a cake, and "joint birthday gifts" from school pals as a child.

Last years birthday, we broke our rules of playing on my birthday. We arranged a meet. And got stood up by a time waster.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

God, I was soooo angry.

Did they keep your feet warm though?"

My thoughts exactly. Plus, no slipper on stairs related accidents likely but there may be an increased risk of putting slippers on accident.

By *uperS77 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

The worst present I was given was a very lumpy, brown draught excluder. It looked used and I suspect it was stuffed with old tights and undies. how was that wrapped, cake has been provided, but I must be ill because I didn’t even want any!

"

u in those stockings when I’m back up and running please

By *exy Two-Shoes40Man
over a year ago

bolton

My mother gave me a book for Christmas that I gave to her for her birthday a year before. She acted as though she purchased it for me.

I wrote a note in it to her, so I know it was the copy I gave to her.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

The worst present I was given was a very lumpy, brown draught excluder. It looked used and I suspect it was stuffed with old tights and undies. how was that wrapped, cake has been provided, but I must be ill because I didn’t even want any!

u in those stockings when I’m back up and running please "

Well, I have given similar birthday gifts in the past to my friends.

By *urplechesterCouple
over a year ago

chester

Ooh I’ve had so many dodgy gifts over the years it’s hard to chose! I guess I’ll have to go for the bag of pigs ears I received once! At that point I’d been vegetarian for around 25 years, yeah so that was pretty special Miss pc

Post new Message to Thread