Sewing

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Can anyone sew here? Preferably in Edinburgh or surrounding - I need help

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I can do basic sewing and cross stitch but not near Edinburgh. Sorry! What are you struggling with?

over a year ago

I crochet. 2020 I made a cowl for my niece which she loves, it’s a basic pattern, but then folded over and sewn together it creates a “pocket” she asked if I could make something to put in this pocket so she could put keys/money in and closure so they won’t fall out when she’s working (cleaner business)…. I’m rubbish at that sort of thing so am asking if anyone can help.. have asked friends on Face book but they might not see it as FB had me in jail and is sinking some of my posts for 21 days lol.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Does the cowl go over her head or just around her neck? Would a small, zipped, purse type thing made of fabric then stitched to the inside be what she's looking for?

over a year ago

"Does the cowl go over her head or just around her neck? Would a small, zipped, purse type thing made of fabric then stitched to the inside be what she's looking for? "

It goes over the head and down into a sort of “V” shape, the “V” is doubled so could easily have a separate pocket inside, but removable so that it can come out when cowl is washed. Or put into another

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Does the cowl go over her head or just around her neck? Would a small, zipped, purse type thing made of fabric then stitched to the inside be what she's looking for?

It goes over the head and down into a sort of “V” shape, the “V” is doubled so could easily have a separate pocket inside, but removable so that it can come out when cowl is washed. Or put into another "

Got it! It would need to be quite secure but how about something that could be placed inside the v and held in place with Velcro or press studs?

over a year ago

"Does the cowl go over her head or just around her neck? Would a small, zipped, purse type thing made of fabric then stitched to the inside be what she's looking for?

It goes over the head and down into a sort of “V” shape, the “V” is doubled so could easily have a separate pocket inside, but removable so that it can come out when cowl is washed. Or put into another

Got it! It would need to be quite secure but how about something that could be placed inside the v and held in place with Velcro or press studs? "

Velcro would be good as could Velcro the purse to the cowl inside then possibly press studs on the actual material. But I’m useless at that kind of thing, I can’t even knit, only crochet lol

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Got it! It would need to be quite secure but how about something that could be placed inside the v and held in place with Velcro or press studs?

Velcro would be good as could Velcro the purse to the cowl inside then possibly press studs on the actual material. But I’m useless at that kind of thing, I can’t even knit, only crochet lol "

Could you crochet a purse?

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Could you buy a fabric coin purse and then use a back stitch to attach it to the cowl?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Could you crochet a square then stitch it firmly to the cowl and attach press studs?

Post new Message to Thread