Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mental health chat

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Done one of these last week and seemed to help a few people so would like to keep doing it even if I help one person it’s a good result

So chat on forum or a private message

Xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ysyphusMan
over a year ago

Starbase K-7

I try to put a brave face on things, joking, joining in daft forum chats, but really, it's a struggle, day to day, and sometimes, even tugging hard on my bootstraps can't get me out of the feeling that I'm wading through treacle.

It's nothing really to do with Fab, well, maybe a little, but it's not about meets, or no meets, fabs, winks, or a friends list. Sometimes there is hostility, not particularly towards me, and that brings me down, because I don't like to see confrontation anywhere.

I see the "be kind" debates, and how they end up being anything but kind.

Everybody says they're here for "fun", and then some are anything but fun.

These things bring me down. Add that to real life, and it does make it hard to be inside, or outside Fab. I'm sure I'm not alone, feeling this way.

I just want to smile, laugh, and hopefully make others do the same. I don't want to put others down. They might feel the same way I do, inside, and I see no need to add to anyones' troubles. If I make a connection with someone else along with the way, that's a bonus.

My take on the be kind thing is this: I'm not just asking people to be kind to themselves, which seems to be the way, but be kind to everyone you encounter.

Everyone has their fragility, and no matter how much they hide it from you, they can't hide it from themselves.

Like the OP, I am open to talk to anyone who wants to, in the forum, or in private. I don't have all the answers, but I can listen. Sometimes that can be enough.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

For anyone struggling.

For 5 years

-ive tried to smile,

-tried to live up to what people expect,

-Put a smile on with little meaning,

-Felt lost,

-had zero real connection,

-ive tried to end it twice

But believe me, things do get better, time is a healer. Recovery cant be forced its a natural cycle that will get better when you least expect it. Stay strong

By *ysyphusMan
over a year ago

Starbase K-7

over a year ago

You are angels, guys!

over a year ago

There's no worse place you can be than inside your head sometimes. The days you struggle to get out of bed, the days you silently cry in secret, the days where nothing is wrong but everything is.

It's a battle that you will always fight. There's no quick fix or easy way out but there are better days to come. I can promise anyone that is having a hard time right now, there are brighter days to come. You have already survived 100% of your bad days and stronger than you think you are.

My inbox is always open to anyone who needs it. It's okay to ask for help and ultimately it's okay not to be okay

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

So, 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with Genera Anxiety Disorder, I’m struggling to find ways to help me relax. Doesn’t help my heart is racing with it and has made me feel like crap.

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

I’ve struggled for years with depression due to marriage breakup, Dad dying suddenly and many other things over the years.

I’ve spent much of lockdown messaging friends that I know are struggling and spoken to one on the phone who was going through a really tough time and had phoned the Samaritans. The fact he was talking about it was a huge positive step.

Working from home has been good for many but difficult for some as well. Message someone different every day and see how they are. Meet for a coffee and you’ll both be uplifted.

By *ysyphusMan
over a year ago

Starbase K-7

Lots of good stuff, everyone. Be kind to yourself, be kind to others. (heart)

over a year ago

I met an astronaut yesterday. Talking to him puts a lot of things into perspective

Post new Message to Thread