Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Logical answer?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Our brains go into overdrive when we're tired and stressed, right? It's just a coincidence that our house key is on the floor as if it had been put through the letterbox and a car drive off? (or could have been the neighbour parking!)

I'm sure it was in the door after the school run and I'm sure the kids wouldn't have messed with it.

Can you give me your logical answers so I can sleep tonight

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Aliens.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Clearly poltergeist activity.

Did I happen to mention that I’m presently offering a 10% discount on my exorcism services?

over a year ago

"Our brains go into overdrive when we're tired and stressed, right? It's just a coincidence that our house key is on the floor as if it had been put through the letterbox and a car drive off? (or could have been the neighbour parking!)

I'm sure it was in the door after the school run and I'm sure the kids wouldn't have messed with it.

Can you give me your logical answers so I can sleep tonight "

That weirdo living in your attic is playing games again

By *rangesmartieWoman
over a year ago

Devon

Kids messing about

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

"Our brains go into overdrive when we're tired and stressed, right? It's just a coincidence that our house key is on the floor as if it had been put through the letterbox and a car drive off? (or could have been the neighbour parking!)

Right now I blame everything on Covid. Everyone has been affected by it, even if you haven't had it.

Over the last 2 years our social skills and memory have taken a turn for the worse. A few months ago I was looking for a mask as I walked through a shopping centre, I searched everywhere for it then I looked in a shop window and I was wearing it. Doh.

over a year ago

You've gone into the neighbour's house by mistake, which just happens to be in a parallel time zone so all of this is happening next Tuesday.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

when you say it was in the door, what do you mean? In the actual lock on the outside?

over a year ago

"when you say it was in the door, what do you mean? In the actual lock on the outside? "

No, in the lock on the inside. I'd locked it after we got in from the school run.

over a year ago

You left it in the door on the outside and a friendly passer by has kindly posted it for you so no unscrupulous types can take it and sneak into your house later to steal your crocs

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I realised I still had them after our afternoon tryst so popped them through the letterbox to avoid disturbing you!

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"when you say it was in the door, what do you mean? In the actual lock on the outside?

No, in the lock on the inside. I'd locked it after we got in from the school run. "

So you can sleep I’d say you subconsciously removed it straight after locking it and dropped it

over a year ago

Someone opened the door again and slammed it shut and the key fell out.

By *ocopops1962Man
over a year ago

Glasgow / Lindon

Somehow in the commotion of getting in the house you momentarily took it out , then distracted dropped it ( bringing stuff in from car )

Your neighbour or someone visiting their house saw the key on the ground as they were going out - put it through your letterbox as a nice friendly act - why didn’t they knock / they were going out somewhere , already late , just didn’t want the one minute interaction on doorstep to delay them further

Thanks neighbour lol ( it’s happened to me btw )

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

On the floor in the kids room

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

It's Jím returning the keys after your recent ménage à trois.

over a year ago

Brexit.

over a year ago

The only logical answer I can come up with is the boogeyman

By *ot-AshMan
over a year ago

London

It could have been the Russians..

over a year ago

Has a big lorry come past and rattled it loose?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"when you say it was in the door, what do you mean? In the actual lock on the outside?

No, in the lock on the inside. I'd locked it after we got in from the school run. "

ok it isn't possible for someone to have taken it out of the lock from the outside so the car driving away had nothing to do with it.

The key was on the floor because someone took it out of the lock accidentally or purposely. Was the door still locked?

over a year ago

Thanks all - it's a very quiet road and not big enough for lorries.

I must have accidentally pulled it out too far or knocked it somehow. Don't think the kids would have messed as they know not to play with it.

I had a decent sleep anyway. Thank you magic pills

Post new Message to Thread