Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Groping (just a male fantasy?)

Jump to newest

By *ager 2 Please OP   Man
over a year ago

Birmingham/midlands

Just wondering, is groping and being groped just a male perversion, or in the right hands is it something that (some) ladies actually enjoy?

I am talking for mutual sexual pleasure (consensual, not just grabbing random strangers body parts)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Birmingham/midlands

Just to clarify - nothing to do with unsolicited attention - purely on an agreed basis.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

What do you mean groping?

Physical contact, or mauling your partner?

Why are you suggesting its a male perversion? Most people are open to consensual contact with a partner, but it depends where and how you go about it.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm happy to be touched affectionately and appropriately. I think groping has unsavoury connotations by definition

over a year ago

Birmingham/midlands

"What do you mean groping?

Physical contact, or mauling your partner?

Why are you suggesting its a male perversion? Most people are open to consensual contact with a partner, but it depends where and how you go about it."

Not mauling, definitely no. But I see it as different to consensual contact in the sense that it would not be touching both ways, but also not fit under sensual massage either.

Is there perhaps a better way to term it/phrase it without it coming across as a grope? Perhaps more fantasy based?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Do you mean you want to consensually touch someone or be touched while they or you are going about their normal day to day activities?

over a year ago

Birmingham/midlands

"I'm happy to be touched affectionately and appropriately. I think groping has unsavoury connotations by definition"

Would there be a better word then, that doesn’t carry the connotations that are suggested, that does not imply the misogynistic perspective?

over a year ago

Birmingham/midlands

"Do you mean you want to consensually touch someone or be touched while they or you are going about their normal day to day activities?"

Not sure on that, but first thoughts would be no, as that still carries the misogyny connotation I think.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I'm happy to be touched affectionately and appropriately. I think groping has unsavoury connotations by definition

Would there be a better word then, that doesn’t carry the connotations that are suggested, that does not imply the misogynistic perspective?"

I don't know. It's a difficult one, I understand what you're saying and I think I understand the scenario you're hoping for.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Do you mean you want to consensually touch someone or be touched while they or you are going about their normal day to day activities?

Not sure on that, but first thoughts would be no, as that still carries the misogyny connotation I think."

Can you describe what you want?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

And it's not misogynistic if it's consensual in my opinion

over a year ago

Birmingham/midlands

"I'm happy to be touched affectionately and appropriately. I think groping has unsavoury connotations by definition

Would there be a better word then, that doesn’t carry the connotations that are suggested, that does not imply the misogynistic perspective?

I don't know. It's a difficult one, I understand what you're saying and I think I understand the scenario you're hoping for. "

It is one of those scenarios that really is difficult to explain, but very easy to demonstrate, but in demonstrating, could be something that would offend or cause distress if the person was not on the same page. Which is completely the opposite of what was intended. Tricky…

By *aliceWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

What's making it tricky is you're giving a very conflicting impression of your understanding of consent. Twice you've implied consensual is a bad thing or not what you're looking for.

The negative connotation of groping isn't that it's misogynistic; its that it often means without consent.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't know. It's a difficult one, I understand what you're saying and I think I understand the scenario you're hoping for.

It is one of those scenarios that really is difficult to explain, but very easy to demonstrate, but in demonstrating, could be something that would offend or cause distress if the person was not on the same page. Which is completely the opposite of what was intended. Tricky…"

Now I'm confused

over a year ago

Birmingham/midlands

"What's making it tricky is you're giving a very conflicting impression of your understanding of consent. Twice you've implied consensual is a bad thing or not what you're looking for.

The negative connotation of groping isn't that it's misogynistic; its that it often means without consent."

I may have presented the wrong impression, and confused the two terms which was not intentional. Perhaps there is, as mentioned above, a better word than groping? Where the consent is totally explicit?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Why don't you describe a scenario in which "groping" occurs. We might understand better

over a year ago

Birmingham/midlands

It is one of those scenarios that really is difficult to explain, but very easy to demonstrate, but in demonstrating, could be something that would offend or cause distress if the person was not on the same page. Which is completely the opposite of what was intended. Tricky…

Now I'm confused"

To be fair, as I have thought this through, I’m a bit confused myself. So I will drop the conversation, as the last thing I wanted to do was to suggest any level of non-consensual engagement - not my thing at all. I will go and have a think about a better phrase or term to use… cheers for engaging though

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Consensual non consent? You'll all remember that 'list site, often people appeared to be arranging to be groped on a tube train. I always assumed it never happened, but I can see the appeal in trying to arrange it safely.

over a year ago

Birmingham/midlands

"Consensual non consent? You'll all remember that 'list site, often people appeared to be arranging to be groped on a tube train. I always assumed it never happened, but I can see the appeal in trying to arrange it safely."

I’ve seen similar with fake public videos, where it is clearly planned and set up with actors. I had put ‘grope’ in part of my status update, and then felt uncomfortable with the word, hence the post. But I have simply removed it instead.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Consensual, sensual touching, which is often a part of foreplay for me

Post new Message to Thread