Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

It's just Monday

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Every where I've been today, I've been told it's "blue Monday." the radio, the TV, Google, emails, its even got a thread here.

The reality is, it's just Monday.

People struggle daily and the idea that somehow today is worse, is only fueled by the marketing.

So it's not an extra shitty Monday in the world. It's just Monday.

Life is hard, so many struggle for so many reasons and if you are, just breathe and know that better days will come. X

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes. The advertisement of it feels like you should be feeling blue, depressed, upset, sad etc today and if you don't are you even normal?

I like to choose for myself which day I'm feeling meh

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I don't think the thread was entirely serious... any excuse to get bouncing boobs.

To try put a positive spin on the "Blue Monday" spiel, it's drawing attention to mental health, people are checking in on each other (well they are doing so more than normal in my little corner of the world). That's kind of nice isn't it? And you can also see it as the days getting lighter, brighter and filled with more joy. That's a win in my books.

Take what those evil marketing execs are shoving down our throats and turn it around. The evil bastards they are.

over a year ago

Every Tuesday is worse by far.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I always find Sundays worse!

Apparently it was something the travel industry came up with to get people booking holidays

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

I like to think that if this is supposed to be the worst day of the year, that just means the year is going to get better and we have many brilliant days to come.

over a year ago

Monday is alright by me.

Post new Message to Thread