Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Back to work blues

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do people who enjoy their jibs get the back-to-work blues on a Sunday night/Monday morning? And what’s your remedy for this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Block it out of your mind till you wake up in the morning. It's like whwn you go on holiday and worry you only have a couple of days left, don't think about it.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
over a year ago

Kent

Used to

Changed jobs

Don't anymore

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My remedy was to not work Mondays. It have solved it immensely! It feels like your weekend is limited when you're preparing for work on a Sunday night whereas I can get organised for work on Monday instead.

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

On balance I do love my job but I get the Sunday night blues more so because I don't want the weekend to end as opposed to starting work on a Monday

over a year ago

Get a job you like only problem weeks and weekends go faster, and before you know it. It will be Christmas again

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I used to love going into work on a Monday.

My weekends were busy and tiring, and work was a relief from it.

I did look forward to school holidays though, when I had the house to myself weekdays.

over a year ago

Only there for the money which is bad i know

New sites on route, temp for two weeks to see how we all do.

(Could be too much work or could cope)

But i get sad on a sunday a few times if things are bad at work.

over a year ago

"My remedy was to not work Mondays. It have solved it immensely! It feels like your weekend is limited when you're preparing for work on a Sunday night whereas I can get organised for work on Monday instead. "

Good idea. I am in a position to reduce to Tues-Fri without affecting the finances so worth considerable thought. Thank you

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Don't have set work hours.

I start let on a Monday on purpose

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Good idea. I am in a position to reduce to Tues-Fri without affecting the finances so worth considerable thought. Thank you "

It will make a difference

over a year ago

"Get a job you like only problem weeks and weekends go faster, and before you know it. It will be Christmas again "

I think this is my case, rather than me dredging work. Working week flies by but so does the weekend do I somehow feel a bit cheated.

By *erfectman122Man
over a year ago

from somewhere nice

I enjoy it because after Monday I have three days off

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"My remedy was to not work Mondays. It have solved it immensely! It feels like your weekend is limited when you're preparing for work on a Sunday night whereas I can get organised for work on Monday instead. "

Does that mean you are down to a 4-day week? I am considering it too but might take the Friday off instead. I usually get all the work problems pushed my way on a Friday

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

I took a 9-5 job after 40 odd years of various shift patterns.

Hated it, really hated it and that Sunday night feeling was causing all sorts of negativity so after 2 years I'm back to shift and loving it.

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I can get the Monday blues quite bad. I can start worrying and feeling really meh, and a little anxious. I never get many hours sleep on a Sunday night either because of the thought of work.

By *orruptionandliesMan
over a year ago

leeds

On garden leave would welcome going to work

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

The older I get the more I resent work getting in the way of me doing what I want to do with my limited time on this planet (aside from I need to do it to afford the things I want to do)

Sunday nights are the worst!

over a year ago

"I can get the Monday blues quite bad. I can start worrying and feeling really meh, and a little anxious. I never get many hours sleep on a Sunday night either because of the thought of work.

"

Sounds like work is not enjoyable/what you want to do? Sorry if this is the case x

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

"I can get the Monday blues quite bad. I can start worrying and feeling really meh, and a little anxious. I never get many hours sleep on a Sunday night either because of the thought of work.

Sounds like work is not enjoyable/what you want to do? Sorry if this is the case x"

You're right, it isn't. One day I will make a change.

over a year ago

I do really hate work at the moment but fortunately there's always something enjoyable about my first day back too

over a year ago

I hated it for years and years. Sunday nights were a misery. Was made redundant and now I work for myself which solved it. I don't think it's worth having that feeling of dread if you can get around it, it affects the whole weekend.

By *urplechesterCouple
over a year ago

chester

I’m the opposite, I get the blues the night before my day off! Luckily I absolutely love my job, so having a day off is a challenge as I want to be there! I should take a look at that really . Happy Monday folks, Miss pc

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

"I hated it for years and years. Sunday nights were a misery. Was made redundant and now I work for myself which solved it. I don't think it's worth having that feeling of dread if you can get around it, it affects the whole weekend."

My job is affecting my weekends and I feel physically sick this morning. Uuuurgh.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Have a strong coffee, fill bird feeders, and their water pot/bath.

over a year ago

"I hated it for years and years. Sunday nights were a misery. Was made redundant and now I work for myself which solved it. I don't think it's worth having that feeling of dread if you can get around it, it affects the whole weekend.

My job is affecting my weekends and I feel physically sick this morning. Uuuurgh."

Sorry to hear this x

over a year ago

"I hated it for years and years. Sunday nights were a misery. Was made redundant and now I work for myself which solved it. I don't think it's worth having that feeling of dread if you can get around it, it affects the whole weekend.

My job is affecting my weekends and I feel physically sick this morning. Uuuurgh."

I'm sorry Ruby. It is a horrible feeling. It was affecting my time with my kids because work was so toxic. It's harder in many ways now but I'm glad i was pushed out. What's in the way of you changing jobs?

over a year ago

"

I'm exactly the same, ruins my whole Sunday

Post new Message to Thread