Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Eat Your Meat

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Scientists worry that those on meat free diets and especially the young are missing out on necessary vitimins and minerals found mostly in red meat. Are these vegan diets a fad or just crank diets

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I started eating vegans,

I get everything I need.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Vegan takes work

It’s not automatically healthy

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Is it all over the loos ?

over a year ago

How do you know someone is vegan?

They'll tell you.

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

For some, it’s better as they may have specific dietary requirements so subsequently make up for missing elements elsewhere.

But for some others, they’re clearly treating it like a fad to be with the “in crowd”.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

I'm sure they not missing out on anything u can have a balanced diet without the need to eat flesh x

By *urplechesterCouple
over a year ago

chester

I have several deficiencies due to a health condition that means my body rejects the essential nutrients from food. So for me even if I wasn’t vegetarian, it wouldn’t make a difference Miss pc

By *agicM53XMan
over a year ago

Orpington

"Scientists worry that those on meat free diets and especially the young are missing out on necessary vitimins and minerals found mostly in red meat. Are these vegan diets a fad or just crank diets "

And what are these nutrients I couldn't find but mostly in red meat? As I haven't eaten red meat in 20 years ... I'm not a vegan, but this idea that vegans can't get all the necessary nutrients in today's society has long been debunked and is complete bullshit. The only difference is that it would be a tad more difficult for vegans to get all necessary nutrients...but definitely not impossible. So please let this "vegans don't get all the necessary nutrients " argument die out already... it's simply not true.

over a year ago

Some people can be vegan/vegetarian and be absolutely fine. Some can’t.

Evidence was found that Gladiators (the Roman ones, not warrior/shadow etc) ate a largely vegan diet I believe.

over a year ago

"How do you know someone is vegan?

They'll tell you."

Before showing you their vegan shoes

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Scientists worry that those on meat free diets and especially the young are missing out on necessary vitimins and minerals found mostly in red meat. Are these vegan diets a fad or just crank diets

And what are these nutrients I couldn't find but mostly in red meat? As I haven't eaten red meat in 20 years ... I'm not a vegan, but this idea that vegans can't get all the necessary nutrients in today's society has long been debunked and is complete bullshit. The only difference is that it would be a tad more difficult for vegans to get all necessary nutrients...but definitely not impossible. So please let this "vegans don't get all the necessary nutrients " argument die out already... it's simply not true. "

To be fair that’s not what was said

Getting all the vitamins on a vegan diet takes work. You have to eat smartly, where as meat just covers many bases

No one’s saying you can’t get everything you need from a vegan diet. It’s just harder, and with a big influx of vegan eaters that maybe aren’t experienced with the diet, or don’t know of what they need to have to get what they need, they go become deficient in certain things

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

"I'm sure they not missing out on anything u can have a balanced diet without the need to eat flesh x"

Vegans don't eat animal products. And no, you can't get all you need without animals.

Hence their need to supplement vital things like B12.

A study showed that supplementing diets with one egg a week helps prevent stunted growth in those bereft of animal based nutrition.

A vegetarian I know has recently started eating meat again after she saw how well I was doing.

Her nails started growing again...which they hadn't since going vegetarian.

Oh, she also lost half a stone in a couple of weeks.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"I'm sure they not missing out on anything u can have a balanced diet without the need to eat flesh x

Vegans don't eat animal products. And no, you can't get all you need without animals.

A study showed that supplementing diets with one egg a week helps prevent stunted growth in those bereft of animal based nutrition.

A vegetarian I know has recently started eating meat again after she saw how well I was doing.

"

And my friend competed in the worlds strongest man in Florida last year as a full time natural + vegan

And his nails grow

So I guess anecdotal evidence can only take you so far

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I'm sure they not missing out on anything u can have a balanced diet without the need to eat flesh x

"

Well would have to disagree! I do just fine dont think I look to bad for 65 this year? And physically am fitter than any of my kids tbh! X

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

If you do your research you will be fine but you can't go into blindly.

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

Yes. But was he optimal ?

Its all well and good to say people can do things. But are they the best they can be?

You only need to look at the number of vegans who go back to eating the proper human diet for health reasons. There is lots of YT content about it.

Anecdotal evidence, when repeated eventually becomes evidence.

By *TK421-Man
over a year ago

Cheltenham

For a worrying moment I thought this tread would be about wanting videos of guys giving themselves blowjobs....

Phew....

Been Veggie and vegan and live with a life long veggie.... No issues. Though I would say it is a very well balanced diet and all sorts of ingredients. A good spread of stuff.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Yes. But was he optimal ?

Its all well and good to say people can do things. But are they the best they can be?

You only need to look at the number of vegans who go back to eating the proper human diet for health reasons. There is lots of YT content about it.

Anecdotal evidence, when repeated eventually becomes evidence. "

If the diet is good enough to make you one of the strongest humans alive in the planet in an untested sport as a full time natural, that’s enough anecdotal evidence for me

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

I’m not veggie or vegan deffo a carnivore

But love veggies and usually eat more veg than meat but could never go full on vegan/veggie.

Vegans can get a lot of vitamins from marmite including B12 ect.

Most people get on veggies carnies but you do get the preachy vegans banging on about meat is murder

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Well if any ladies want a little extra meat in their diet...

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

I've started reducing the amount of meat I eat (for other reasons) and looking to replace two or three meals a week with a vegetarian option, what could I use to do this? Quorn?

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"Yes. But was he optimal ?

Anecdotal evidence, when repeated eventually becomes evidence. "

But you don’t really need that much meat to make up for the shortfall.

Most of us eat loads of meat because we love it not need it

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Vegan is a word.

Vegetables make for great eating especially if fresh.

My only criticism of a plant based diet is the reliance on processed foods and items that are imported across the planet.

Grow your own, source local and forage with good guidance.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I've started reducing the amount of meat I eat (for other reasons) and looking to replace two or three meals a week with a vegetarian option, what could I use to do this? Quorn?"

So much choice nowadays as u say quorn tofu polenta mushroom based products lots to choose from! I miss the taste of meat but there are some good tasting alternatives out there x

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Well if any ladies want a little extra meat in their diet..."

You know someone with a sizeable supply ?

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

"I've started reducing the amount of meat I eat (for other reasons) and looking to replace two or three meals a week with a vegetarian option, what could I use to do this? Quorn?

So much choice nowadays as u say quorn tofu polenta mushroom based products lots to choose from! I miss the taste of meat but there are some good tasting alternatives out there x"

I'll have a dig in and look online for some ideas, it'll help in the long run with my health.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I haven't eaten meat since I was 11. I regularly have blood tests because of unrelated health issues and I'm not deficient in anything. The problem is unhealthy meat free diets, not meat free diets. I know plenty of meat eaters who eat no fruit ir vegetables and I imagine they have a few deficiencies themselves.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Also how do you think those vitamins got into the meat in the first place? In a herbivore.

over a year ago

Why can't we eat what we want now? The restaurant at work is pure health. If I am having a shit day the last thing I want is a plant related lunch. I want a slutty burger.

Alternatively I worship country veg pie in BBC good food book. Hot it'll warm the coldest of hearts. Cold, if there's any women out there who like country veg pie cold to be eaten of their naked body...

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"

Why can't we eat what we want now? The restaurant at work is pure health. If I am having a shit day the last thing I want is a plant related lunch. I want a slutty burger.

Alternatively I worship country veg pie in BBC good food book. Hot it'll warm the coldest of hearts. Cold, if there's any women out there who like country veg pie cold to be eaten of their naked body... "

We can eat what we want? X

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"I haven't eaten meat since I was 11. I regularly have blood tests because of unrelated health issues and I'm not deficient in anything. The problem is unhealthy meat free diets, not meat free diets. I know plenty of meat eaters who eat no fruit ir vegetables and I imagine they have a few deficiencies themselves. "

Exactly this. It’s the quality of what you eat, not the “rules” of your diet

Oreos are vegan. Eat only Oreos and see how healthy a vegan you are

Or try eating McDonald’s only, see how you feel

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I have never eaten meat or fish and my diet is totally fine.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"Well if any ladies want a little extra meat in their diet...

You know someone with a sizeable supply ?"

I did say 'little'!

Post new Message to Thread