Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Novak is out

Jump to newest

By *un Knights OP   Couple
over a year ago

South West

So now the court has spoken what do people think? The right decision or not.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *dward_TeagueMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

Absolutely the right decision.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Definitely the right decision. He should never have been allowed to go in the first place.

By *mooth tongue 4uMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

Hats off to the Aussies they got it right

over a year ago

Absolutely right! Novak acting like he’s above the law because he’s rich, famous, and influential was annoying as.

We all got vaxxed (or not) for whatever reason, if the tournament really meant something to him, he should have got it done to avoid this shit show happening.

Like we all did, to avoid extra quarantining or particular restrictions (as that’s the way it is nowadays) when traveling…

over a year ago

Not one for politics but I feel a lawsuit on the way concerning

australia Is letting they own athletes in and out they contry unvaccinated

Not on any side off the fency but it’s a bit hip critical to allow they own in and out without being but no one else

By *omethingDifferent4FunWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh-ish

"Absolutely right! Novak acting like he’s above the law because he’s rich, famous, and influential was annoying as.

We all got vaxxed (or not) for whatever reason, if the tournament really meant something to him, he should have got it done to avoid this shit show happening.

Like we all did, to avoid extra quarantining or particular restrictions (as that’s the way it is nowadays) when traveling…"

Absolutely this. He expected special treatment because of "who he is" and I'm glad the government/Fed judges have not bowed down to that attitude. He's already had special treatment along the way having the hearings expedited and heard on Sunday etc.

Want to travel? Play by their rules which apply to everyone.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

He’s not the (Tennis) messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Wrong! X

By *omethingDifferent4FunWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh-ish

"Not one for politics but I feel a lawsuit on the way concerning

Not on any side off the fency but it’s a bit hip critical to allow they own in and out without being but no one else "

But the entry requirements/rules are different depending on whether you are an Australian citizen or not, aren't they? He needs to follow rules applicable to non-citizens, whatever situation you're referring to would be considered under entry requirements for citizens (possibly involving quarantine? I remember seeing Olympic athletes having to quarantine on return from Tokyo 2020 last year).

over a year ago

Not on any side off the fency but it’s a bit hip critical to allow they own in and out without being but no one else

But the entry requirements/rules are different depending on whether you are an Australian citizen or not, aren't they? He needs to follow rules applicable to non-citizens, whatever situation you're referring to would be considered under entry requirements for citizens (possibly involving quarantine? I remember seeing Olympic athletes having to quarantine on return from Tokyo 2020 last year)."

I can name 6 ufc fights and 4 arm wrestlers that all have left that contry unvaxed and came back in

What’s good for they own athletes is good for all

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

Good on Australia.

over a year ago

But the entry requirements/rules are different depending on whether you are an Australian citizen or not, aren't they? He needs to follow rules applicable to non-citizens, whatever situation you're referring to would be considered under entry requirements for citizens (possibly involving quarantine? I remember seeing Olympic athletes having to quarantine on return from Tokyo 2020 last year)."

Exactly! And also each country has their own requirements.

Some in Europe are super strict and require a super green pass to be exhibited at entry to even go get breakfast or dinner! For example (which requires vaccination)

Also, the whole tracing back stories and adding new stories, he just came across as a big dick…

By *ean counterMan
over a year ago

Kettering

Why hasn't he been vaccinated? Is it religious reasons or just because he doesn't want to? Either way he's an idiot and fair play to Australia for sticking to their rules irrespective of who it is! Shame the UK didn't operate in the same way!

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

The right decision, and well done Aus for standing up to entitled celebs.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Does this mean he won’t be allowed in again for 3 years?

By *ean counterMan
over a year ago

Kettering

"Does this mean he won’t be allowed in again for 3 years?"

That's the rules but I suppose money and status will get around that little issue

over a year ago

But the entry requirements/rules are different depending on whether you are an Australian citizen or not, aren't they? He needs to follow rules applicable to non-citizens, whatever situation you're referring to would be considered under entry requirements for citizens (possibly involving quarantine? I remember seeing Olympic athletes having to quarantine on return from Tokyo 2020 last year).

Some in Europe are super strict and require a super green pass to be exhibited at entry to even go get breakfast or dinner! For example (which requires vaccination)

Also, the whole tracing back stories and adding new stories, he just came across as a big dick… "

Yes they do have they own rules

But then why it’s it one rule for australin athletes and another rule for ever other athlete form ever other contry

Just like it’s one rule for us in lockdowns but the pm can have a 100 man garden party

Like I say I am not on ither side off the fence I couldn’t care what I am against in’s hipcrital bs whare it’s one rule for one group but another group and do what ever they like

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Couldn't give less of a fuck if I'm honest.

over a year ago

evesham

Also, the whole tracing back stories and adding new stories, he just came across as a big dick…

But then why it’s it one rule for australin athletes and another rule for ever other athlete form ever other contry

Just like it’s one rule for us in lockdowns but the pm can have a 100 man garden party

Like I say I am not on ither side off the fence I couldn’t care what I am against in’s hipcrital bs whare it’s one rule for one group but another group and do what ever they like "

Because the Australians live there, they aren't just passing through. You can't deny someone entry if thet are returning to their home country.

By *edheadjMan
over a year ago

High Wycombe

Considering he only became really good after he went 'vegan', I'm surprised he is against the vaccine

over a year ago

Like I say I am not on ither side off the fence I couldn’t care what I am against in’s hipcrital bs whare it’s one rule for one group but another group and do what ever they like

Because the Australians live there, they aren't just passing through. You can't deny someone entry if thet are returning to their home country. "

Sorry not interested in people who only want to talk to me for a argument happy swingeing

over a year ago

evesham

Because the Australians live there, they aren't just passing through. You can't deny someone entry if thet are returning to their home country.

Sorry not interested in people who only want to talk to me for a argument happy swingeing "

Lol OK not looking for an argument, just discussing the topic, thought that's what threads like this were for

By *layful HarlequinMan
over a year ago

uxbridge

The closet…? What I miss

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

Like I say I am not on ither side off the fence I couldn’t care what I am against in’s hipcrital bs whare it’s one rule for one group but another group and do what ever they like "

It's not one rule for one group and one rule for another.

Australian athletes (who reside in Australia) are returning home, they're not visitors, like Novac is. Therefore, different rules of entry apply.

He failed to observe and comy with the rules of entry.

It's very simple when you cut through the noise.

Winston

over a year ago

Sorry not interested in people who only want to talk to me for a argument happy swingeing

Lol OK not looking for an argument, just discussing the topic, thought that's what threads like this were for "

It’s the only time you talk to me you make out your a nice person but I can see right though it considered the fact you blank 99% off my post and the only time you ever take notice is when I say something controversial

And if anyone wants to dig though thay see that is a facts

So not interested in that kind off person

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Because the Australians live there, they aren't just passing through. You can't deny someone entry if thet are returning to their home country. "

This... spot on.

over a year ago

It's not one rule for one group and one rule for another.

Australian athletes (who reside in Australia) are returning home, they're not visitors, like Novac is. Therefore, different rules of entry apply.

He failed to observe and comply with the rules of entry.

It's very simple when you cut through the noise.

Winston"

*spelling edit.

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

"

Was about to make the exact same point. The rule is for any foreigner entering the country, vaccine exemptions are not for Australians, you'd have thought people would have realised this. If you're allowed to leave your own country common sense says you're allowed to return, who'd ban their own citizens re-entry, pmsl, it's all about the country you go to and following their rules.

over a year ago

Tennis is just swing ball for grown ups.

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Lol OK not looking for an argument, just discussing the topic, thought that's what threads like this were for

It’s the only time you talk to me you make out your a nice person but I can see right though it considered the fact you blank 99% off my post and the only time you ever take notice is when I say something controversial

So not interested in that kind off person"

If you say something that's "controversial" you're likely to be challenged about it.

As far as I can see the poster you responded to was perfectly reasonable.

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

I can name 6 ufc fights and 4 arm wrestlers that all have left that contry unvaxed and came back in

What’s good for they own athletes is good for all "

But they each done the 10 days isolation which Novak was told and could have done

over a year ago

If you say something that's "controversial" you're likely to be challenged about it.

As far as I can see the poster you responded to was perfectly reasonable."

Challenge by someone looking for a argument if they wernt they just blank me like you do the other 99% off the time

People want to make out like they nice people but completely blank you till you say something controversial then start talking to you because they looking for a argument

If they weren’t they just keep blanking simple as

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Well it’s freed up a spot for me now

They call me the mandolin when I played

Coz my slice was lethal

over a year ago

evesham

I don't Blank you at all or personally attack you but thanks for not showing me the same courtesy.

You didn't say anything controversial, just inaccurate.

I won't be drawn in to trying to defend myself against your _aseless accusations though. I'm not that petty. If I see a comment you make that I find an interesting point of discussion or debate I'll interact with it. If I don't, I won't. That's how the forums work.

Have a wonderful day, Natalie.

over a year ago

Excellent news, good on Australia.

By all means do what you want... but respect the law of the land your visiting or living in.

over a year ago

evesham

As far as I can see the poster you responded to was perfectly reasonable."

Thank you x

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

[Removed by poster at 16/01/22 08:31:18]

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Challenge by someone looking for a argument if they wernt they just blank me like you do the other 99% off the time

People want to make out like they nice people but completely blank you till you say something controversial then start talking to you because they looking for a argument

"

Could it be that no one is blanking you and your just not posting anything interesting

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Australian citizens returning to Australia still need to prove they're vaccinated or qualify under the eligible exemptions otherwise they have to quarantine for 14 days.

over a year ago

I don't Blank you at all or personally attack you but thanks for not showing me the same courtesy.

I won't be drawn in to trying to defend myself against your _aseless accusations though. I'm not that petty. If I see a comment you make that I find an interesting point of discussion or debate I'll interact with it. If I don't, I won't. That's how the forums work.

Have a wonderful day, Natalie. "

You do so go dig through all my post I think you find you do

I think you find that the only times we have ever spoken was saying something controversial

I have watched it with others also

Fun thing about only sleeping 3 hours you see everything

over a year ago

"

Irony;

Someone who doesn't want an argument starts arguments

Winston

over a year ago

Could it be that no one is blanking you and your just not posting anything interesting "

I watched yous two go at it for months in the exact same situation lol ha ha

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Could it be that no one is blanking you and your just not posting anything interesting

I watched yous two go at it for months in the exact same situation lol ha ha "

I’m glad you remember coz I don’t

Make don’t take the forums and everything in it so serious. 99% of the users don’t remember any of it

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

By *all me FlikWoman
over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"So now the court has spoken what do people think? The right decision or not. "

Without delving into all the detail, if a country has rules about anything from entry requirements, work visas through to which side of the road you drive on then you abide by these rules or don't go.

By *edheadjMan
over a year ago

High Wycombe

If you say something controversial, you'd expect people to reply to it and challenge it.

I don't see what the problem is here.

over a year ago

This is a test

over a year ago

evesham

I think you find that the only times we have ever spoken was saying something controversial

Fun thing about only sleeping 3 hours you see everything "

If you feel attacked by my pointing out a fact that's on you, not me. The only other time we have 'debated' was some thread about lifting heavy things and u can't truly remember the whole context of that. As per the forum rules, if you don't like me then ignore my posts.

I have no feeling about you and in fact didn't even register who I was responding to, just the comment, until you started throwing accusations around. I've never been personal about you, I'm unsure why you have decided to do it publicly. If you have an issue with me my inbox is always open. Goes for anyone on here.

If you continue to accuse me on public forums I reserve the right to reply.

over a year ago

It worker. Fanks.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Anyone else would have been pushed onto the next flight out, which is what should have happened to him.

over a year ago

Irony;

Winston"

I never I posted my thoughts and watched as people who blank me went looking for one funny when you you sleep 3 hours read 90% off threads and see partners off people about who they blank and then fight cat and dog with as soon as something controversial is sed

over a year ago

There country there rules , good on them , he lied so many times , he knew he had covid yet went to a press interview, stupid man

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Make don’t take the forums and everything in it so serious. 99% of the users don’t remember any of it "

This is where the private note on peeps profile come in handy I find! Just saying x

over a year ago

If you feel attacked by my pointing out a fact that's on you, not me. The only other time we have 'debated' was some thread about lifting heavy things and u can't truly remember the whole context of that. As per the forum rules, if you don't like me then ignore my posts.

I have no feeling about you and in fact didn't even register who I was responding to, just the comment, until you started throwing accusations around. I've never been personal about you, I'm unsure why you have decided to do it publicly. If you have an issue with me my inbox is always open. Goes for anyone on here.

If you continue to accuse me on public forums I reserve the right to reply. "

I don’t feel attacked I have all ready compiled a partin with you about this exact thing I have watched and stayed quite for months as you blank serton penny they as soon as they say something controversial your on them

By *ink Panther 123Man
over a year ago

Colnbrook

It’s there country, as a visitor you adhere to there rules.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Someone needs a nap

over a year ago

evesham

Anyway.... Back to the thread lol

I genuinely don't care if no am hits yellow balls in oz or not but I do think that they are right in allowing their own citizens back in the country to live and work as per the rules in their area at the time of travel regardless of vaccination status.

Hope that's cleared that up

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

If the rules are you must be vaccinated to enter a country then those rules of that country should be understood and respected.If you choose not to be vaccinated that is your right but you must still follow the rules set out by whatever country you choose to visit.

over a year ago

Make don’t take the forums and everything in it so serious. 99% of the users don’t remember any of it "

One off my things is people watching and seeing parties in people

And I watched for months as when you posted something controversial they be a couple off people who would jump at you but say something none controversial they would just blank you

I can post links I like to save stuff for things like this in case I ever seen to show the partin to anyone

over a year ago

evesham

I don’t feel attacked I have all ready compiled a partin with you about this exact thing I have watched and stayed quite for months as you blank serton penny they as soon as they say something controversial your on them "

Maybe their controversial opinions are all that interests me about them. I could accuse you of blanking me until you decided to pick a fight today. Works both ways.

We're not friends of bff's and I rarely get involved in the forum lovein threads anymore and you take up 0% of my head space.

Yeah sometimes I can get stuck in a loop arguing the toss with someone but there's no animosity there. Sometimes I play devil's advocate and people don't like it.

There genuinely is no animosity from me towards you. Yogsde a statement, I replied with a fact. That's it. No game playing. I will try to avoid entering into discussion or debate with you in the future as you don't seem to like me.

over a year ago

I don’t feel attacked I have all ready compiled a partin with you about this exact thing I have watched and stayed quite for months as you blank serton penny they as soon as they say something controversial your on them

Maybe their controversial opinions are all that interests me about them. I could accuse you of blanking me until you decided to pick a fight today. Works both ways.

We're not friends of bff's and I rarely get involved in the forum lovein threads anymore and you take up 0% of my head space.

Yeah sometimes I can get stuck in a loop arguing the toss with someone but there's no animosity there. Sometimes I play devil's advocate and people don't like it.

There genuinely is no animosity from me towards you. Yogsde a statement, I replied with a fact. That's it. No game playing. I will try to avoid entering into discussion or debate with you in the future as you don't seem to like me. "

I have nothing against you I don’t know you hence the problem I am not interested in someone who hasn’t took the time to conversation about anything other than controversial talk looking for anything other than a argument simple as

By *edheadjMan
over a year ago

High Wycombe

Irony;

Winston

I never I posted my thoughts and watched as people who blank me went looking for one funny when you you sleep 3 hours read 90% off threads and see partners off people about who they blank and then fight cat and dog with as soon as something controversial is sed "

Perhaps you should spend less time on here and more time trying to get more than three hours sleep a night. That's not going to be good for you

By *itygamesMan
over a year ago

UK

why didnt they just send him back when the plane landed , would have been the correct way..

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

So getting back to your thread..I think it's the right decision, he obviously lied, he was out and about whilst supposedly having the virus, same rules for everyone.

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

Enough already, evie won

Yes, the thread..rules is de rules.

over a year ago

Well done Australia on sending Novax packing!!!!

And if this thread was a tennis match personally I’d declare little brat the clear winner but that just my personal opinion!!!!!

T

Have a lovely Sunday every one

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/01/22 09:53:24]

over a year ago

Irony;

Winston

I never I posted my thoughts and watched as people who blank me went looking for one funny when you you sleep 3 hours read 90% off threads and see partners off people about who they blank and then fight cat and dog with as soon as something controversial is sed "

Natalie I hope you are ok. People can't reply to every single post/ person on the forum or threads would get filled up within seconds. If there was a 'Like' button people may feel less 'ignored'.

Hope you can get some sleep and feel better.

over a year ago

"If the rules are you must be vaccinated to enter a country then those rules of that country should be understood and respected.If you choose not to be vaccinated that is your right but you must still follow the rules set out by whatever country you choose to visit."

This.

I don't know their exact reasons for denying him entry. Also may be the fact he lied about being in other countries and also didn't isolate when he had covid.

over a year ago

Irony;

Winston

I never I posted my thoughts and watched as people who blank me went looking for one funny when you you sleep 3 hours read 90% off threads and see partners off people about who they blank and then fight cat and dog with as soon as something controversial is sed

Natalie I hope you are ok. People can't reply to every single post/ person on the forum or threads would get filled up within seconds. If there was a 'Like' button people may feel less 'ignored'.

Hope you can get some sleep and feel better. "

I am fine just not interested in people only looking for a for a argument as I have compiled the data over month on her doing exactly that she may have everyone here fooled but go back and start dig though her posts you will see a commen pattern off it

over a year ago

Irony;

Winston

I am fine just not interested in people only looking for a for a argument as I have compiled the data over month on her doing exactly that she may have everyone here fooled but go back and start dig though her posts you will see a commen pattern off it "

Me and her have strongly disagreed on posts before but I know that's not because she hates me, she just disagreed with what I said. And I don't hate her either, for the same reasons.

Maybe it's just unlucky. I often agree or disagree with what you posted but I may feel more strongly about a different post so reply to that one instead. Doesn't mean you don't exist in my eyes.

over a year ago

100% the correct decision

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Australia bungled it and had to rely on minister discretion. Not ideal.

But ultimately the right decision.

over a year ago

Irony;

Winston

I am fine just not interested in people only looking for a for a argument as I have compiled the data over month on her doing exactly that she may have everyone here fooled but go back and start dig though her posts you will see a commen pattern off it

Me and her have strongly disagreed on posts before but I know that's not because she hates me, she just disagreed with what I said. And I don't hate her either, for the same reasons.

Maybe it's just unlucky. I often agree or disagree with what you posted but I may feel more strongly about a different post so reply to that one instead. Doesn't mean you don't exist in my eyes. "

In the rules off the site no reply = not interested

No reply on the form ie plank post = not internet

Me in real life = not interested

On the forums means I am now not interested in what you have to say = keep blanking me no matter what I post simple as

over a year ago

Correct decision. Visiting relations in Australia or going to America there is always a worry,I haven't completed a form correctly. Hence I do it myself and not rush it. I also am a respectable person who will obey another countries rules and regulations. Australia is lovely, hence many like my relatives started a new life there.

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr southend

100% right decision and 100% the worst country on the planet to try and lie you way into Australia is know for it's super tight border control and immigration rules, if he had followed those rules he would be there playing tennis.

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 16/01/22 10:21:10]

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I think that it was wrong and a set up and they used the media frenzy over it to say "hey look, we dont even let in the world nr1", djokovic 1, austrailia 0.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I think that it was wrong and a set up and they used the media frenzy over it to say "hey look, we dont even let in the world nr1", djokovic 1, austrailia 0."

Some people have a problem with rules, some people think they are above them but rules is rules

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Ok can we get back to the OP

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I think that it was wrong and a set up and they used the media frenzy over it to say "hey look, we dont even let in the world nr1", djokovic 1, austrailia 0."

Agreed x

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"Does this mean he won’t be allowed in again for 3 years?

That's the rules but I suppose money and status will get around that little issue "

They do waver that rule it all depends on circumstances.

No doubt if he did get vaxxed in the future he would get in for competition.

Not too sure about pleasure though.

But then he’s probably too arrogant to return there for a holiday

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Right decision but took too log in reaching it

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Not on any side off the fency but it’s a bit hip critical to allow they own in and out without being but no one else "

The thing people leaving the country are subject to the rules of the country they're entering, not the one they're leaving. If the country they're going to doesn't require you to be vaccinated, Australia can't really stop them from going, only impose rules on them when they come back. I imagine they'll have to quarantine.

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Irony;

Winston

Maybe it's just unlucky. I often agree or disagree with what you posted but I may feel more strongly about a different post so reply to that one instead. Doesn't mean you don't exist in my eyes.

In the rules off the site no reply = not interested

No reply on the form ie plank post = not internet

Me in real life = not interested

On the forums means I am now not interested in what you have to say = keep blanking me no matter what I post simple as "

FFS enough, being ignored as you put it, is part of FAB, move on

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

If he followed the rules then he would be playing, it's the right choice I think

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

"If the rules are you must be vaccinated to enter a country then those rules of that country should be understood and respected.If you choose not to be vaccinated that is your right but you must still follow the rules set out by whatever country you choose to visit.

This.

I don't know their exact reasons for denying him entry. Also may be the fact he lied about being in other countries and also didn't isolate when he had covid. "

. Like you I don’t know the exact reasons but as I said if a country says you must be vaccinated to enter it then respect those rules. I am not the cleverest but to my way of thinking it’s quite simple.Either You don’t go or get vaccinated and go to me it’s that simple.

By *rchitectMan
over a year ago

Dorchester

Absolutely the right decision it’s up to him if he wants the vacation but he lied on the documents. His agent knew he was in Spain and tried to hide it. He knew that would of been a problem.

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr southend

"If the rules are you must be vaccinated to enter a country then those rules of that country should be understood and respected.If you choose not to be vaccinated that is your right but you must still follow the rules set out by whatever country you choose to visit.

This.

I don't know their exact reasons for denying him entry. Also may be the fact he lied about being in other countries and also didn't isolate when he had covid. . Like you I don’t know the exact reasons but as I said if a country says you must be vaccinated to enter it then respect those rules. I am not the cleverest but to my way of thinking it’s quite simple.Either You don’t go or get vaccinated and go to me it’s that simple."

Exactly he must have been aware of the current rules of entry to the country he didn't follow the rules he has paid the price for it, the rules apply to everyone regardless of who you are are or what to you think and as you say if you dont want to follow the rules dont go it really is that simple.

over a year ago

This is another case of , I have money I can do what I want , he don’t believe in covid yet got tested for it and chose to ignore it and carry on meeting people, who could of caught it from him, took it home passed it on etc

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Absolutely right decision!

He has the right not to vaccinate, but in doing what he did he has not only made himself the sole focus of public attention, created unwanted disagreements in governments and brought disdain upon the Australian open.

He will have to go a long way to recover his integrity

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

This.

I don't know their exact reasons for denying him entry. Also may be the fact he lied about being in other countries and also didn't isolate when he had covid. . Like you I don’t know the exact reasons but as I said if a country says you must be vaccinated to enter it then respect those rules. I am not the cleverest but to my way of thinking it’s quite simple.Either You don’t go or get vaccinated and go to me it’s that simple.

Exactly he must have been aware of the current rules of entry to the country he didn't follow the rules he has paid the price for it, the rules apply to everyone regardless of who you are are or what to you think and as you say if you dont want to follow the rules dont go it really is that simple."

From what I have read on it is seems he was granted a visa on the basis of being medically exempt from getting the vaccine but he had to supply sufficient proof upon entry which he failed to do. It's entirely possible I've got some of this wrong, this was just my interpretation.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

This.

I don't know their exact reasons for denying him entry. Also may be the fact he lied about being in other countries and also didn't isolate when he had covid. . Like you I don’t know the exact reasons but as I said if a country says you must be vaccinated to enter it then respect those rules. I am not the cleverest but to my way of thinking it’s quite simple.Either You don’t go or get vaccinated and go to me it’s that simple.

Exactly he must have been aware of the current rules of entry to the country he didn't follow the rules he has paid the price for it, the rules apply to everyone regardless of who you are are or what to you think and as you say if you dont want to follow the rules dont go it really is that simple.

From what I have read on it is seems he was granted a visa on the basis of being medically exempt from getting the vaccine but he had to supply sufficient proof upon entry which he failed to do. It's entirely possible I've got some of this wrong, this was just my interpretation. "

I believe he was told by Tennis Australia and possibly the Victorian (state) government that he was allowed to enter. The buck stops, for entry, with the Australian (federal) government.

I don't know if he was given a visa or not, if it was filled in correctly or not - my understanding is that both federal court hearings came down to procedural fairness and lawful use of executive power.

In the first hearing Border Force did not act sufficiently fairly towards Djokovic. Regarding the executive visa cancellation, the minister acted lawfully and within his power.

No right or wrong or morality in the legal decision - just, have the mechanisms operated correctly. Dry, dull, necessary law. (I suspect the decisions will be up on Austlii, which I can't link to per forum rules)

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
over a year ago

Kent

Any chance he can play via Zoom?

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"Any chance he can play via Zoom?"

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Based on the information available, absolutely the right decision.

He has put others at risk by travelling when Covid positive and lied on his paperwork. Regardless of his vaccination status and exemption.

The Australian Borders are very strictly managed, and rightly so.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
over a year ago

Kent

Aussie government with a powerful return of Serb

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Aussie government with a powerful return of Serb"

You're on a roll...

over a year ago

Yes the correct decision.

Go feck off home

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"Aussie government with a powerful return of Serb"

A Serb and Wally

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"Absolutely right decision!

He has the right not to vaccinate, but in doing what he did he has not only made himself the sole focus of public attention, created unwanted disagreements in governments and brought disdain upon the Australian open.

He will have to go a long way to recover his integrity "

I don’t see how he can undo the damage that he has done. He wasn’t popular anyway and this performance won’t be forgotten.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

How can he be out... he's only missed two shots

Cal

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Absolutely right decision!

He will have to go a long way to recover his integrity

I don’t see how he can undo the damage that he has done. He wasn’t popular anyway and this performance won’t be forgotten. "

He's not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty boy.

Now go away!

over a year ago

Still glad he stood up for what he believes yes Australia are correct there country there rules. but really have to wonder why he went and why the tournament goes ahead if they want the best in the world to come why not move it to a country that does allow them in.

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Still glad he stood up for what he believes yes Australia are correct there country there rules. but really have to wonder why he went and why the tournament goes ahead if they want the best in the world to come why not move it to a country that does allow them in."

Erm... it's the Australian Open so takes place in Australia. They don't just want thd best, they also want to protect the country and its citizens. Novak appears not to take the welfare of others seriously.

He can still apply for other tournaments.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
over a year ago

Kent

Tim Henman flicks through his passport while looking expectedly at the phone

By *trawberry MojitoWoman
over a year ago

over the hill & far away, like Princess Fiona.

Yes definitely

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Still glad he stood up for what he believes yes Australia are correct there country there rules. but really have to wonder why he went and why the tournament goes ahead if they want the best in the world to come why not move it to a country that does allow them in.

Erm... it's the Australian Open so takes place in Australia. They don't just want thd best, they also want to protect the country and its citizens. Novak appears not to take the welfare of others seriously.

He can still apply for other tournaments. "

Imagine the reaction if they tried to move the Wimbledon championships to another country after Brexit because of it being harder for EU competitors to get in .

By *aseMan
over a year ago

Gourock

Rules are Rules....

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"Still glad he stood up for what he believes yes Australia are correct there country there rules. but really have to wonder why he went and why the tournament goes ahead if they want the best in the world to come why not move it to a country that does allow them in."

... or maybe he can try following rules and not lying

over a year ago

Have followed from the very start since he entered Aus. But i have 2 say only through BBC Radio 5 firstly the media

Now at the very start R5 stated that 3 other Tennis players had entered Aus with exemptions ( non Vac) . But his 1 was the 1 border forced picked up on ( mind tennis Aus accepted his visa b4 he even left to go to Aus.And i av to say i agree with what they did as they found a fault in it .

He was within his right to ask why he was specially picked out and yes he won his case.

Now his covid started on the 16th Dec ( positive and 14days later he was free) my bad feeling towards him was he went out in public on the 17th Dec ).

Now lets rewind to the 3 others who gaied entry into Aus they are still there , so why can Aus revoke his Visa under the grounds he is a health risk to others because he is a non vac person .

As u can see this is why he isbeing deported the last time i heard at 6am this morning and maybe now other things have come to light that i dont know about.

Will he get the 3yr ban well thats another discussion

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Have followed from the very start since he entered Aus. But i have 2 say only through BBC Radio 5 firstly the media

Now at the very start R5 stated that 3 other Tennis players had entered Aus with exemptions ( non Vac) . But his 1 was the 1 border forced picked up on ( mind tennis Aus accepted his visa b4 he even left to go to Aus.And i av to say i agree with what they did as they found a fault in it .

He was within his right to ask why he was specially picked out and yes he won his case.

Now his covid started on the 16th Dec ( positive and 14days later he was free) my bad feeling towards him was he went out in public on the 17th Dec ).

Now lets rewind to the 3 others who gaied entry into Aus they are still there , so why can Aus revoke his Visa under the grounds he is a health risk to others because he is a non vac person .

As u can see this is why he isbeing deported the last time i heard at 6am this morning and maybe now other things have come to light that i dont know about.

"

One Czech player left after this came to light.

If you're going to draw attention to your antisocial behaviours then you might attract particular attention. Same as anything else, really.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

This has been a shambles from start to finish, but Novak has made a complete balls of things, and overestimated his clout ... thought he could lie and blag his way through proceedings.

over a year ago

"Have followed from the very start since he entered Aus. But i have 2 say only through BBC Radio 5 firstly the media

If you're going to draw attention to your antisocial behaviours then you might attract particular attention. Same as anything else, really."

The Czech female did do the correct thing and Novak should have too . But what u have missed is Tennis Australia said his docs where correct for entry into the Country, but border forced have never expalined what the difference between her's and his was

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

If you're going to draw attention to your antisocial behaviours then you might attract particular attention. Same as anything else, really.

The Czech female did do the correct thing and Novak should have too . But what u have missed is Tennis Australia said his docs where correct for entry into the Country, but border forced have never expalined what the difference between her's and his was "

The Border Force decision was overturned by the federal court, so it's moot.

The minister may act with personal discretion, and did so, lawfully. As noted above.

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Zzzzzzz

over a year ago

The Czech female did do the correct thing and Novak should have too . But what u have missed is Tennis Australia said his docs where correct for entry into the Country, but border forced have never expalined what the difference between her's and his was

The minister may act with personal discretion, and did so, lawfully. As noted above."

Again missing point if 3 other Tennis players non vac where allowed and under Tennis Australia's condinfiatialy these people can't be named why can Australia's minister say it was down to a health risk to others, which is why his visa was over turned .as i said do u think Aus will ban him like any other Mortal for 3 yrs . Me i dont think so but again another discussion

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The minister may act with personal discretion, and did so, lawfully. As noted above.Again missing point if 3 other Tennis players non vac where allowed and under Tennis Australia's condinfiatialy these people can't be named why can Australia's minister say it was down to a health risk to others, which is why his visa was over turned .as i said do u think Aus will ban him like any other Mortal for 3 yrs . Me i dont think so but again another discussion "

Because that's what the law in Australia allows.

Why can't the king or queen of the UK be Catholic? Because the law says so

over a year ago

The minister may act with personal discretion, and did so, lawfully. As noted above.Again missing point if 3 other Tennis players non vac where allowed and under Tennis Australia's condinfiatialy these people can't be named why can Australia's minister say it was down to a health risk to others, which is why his visa was over turned .as i said do u think Aus will ban him like any other Mortal for 3 yrs . Me i dont think so but again another discussion

Why can't the king or queen of the UK be Catholic? Because the law says so"

reason for the K&Q not being Catolic is another discussion . As for Novak thats here and now . Politics and showing face has taken over . But as i say do U think he will get the 3yr visa ban . Me i think not and i would be foolish if i think this is the end off it within the Tennis fraternity

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
over a year ago

Kent

Parents now claiming it's a witch hunt, but that's nothing knew for Goran. Even he's a witch.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The minister may act with personal discretion, and did so, lawfully. As noted above.Again missing point if 3 other Tennis players non vac where allowed and under Tennis Australia's condinfiatialy these people can't be named why can Australia's minister say it was down to a health risk to others, which is why his visa was over turned .as i said do u think Aus will ban him like any other Mortal for 3 yrs . Me i dont think so but again another discussion

Why can't the king or queen of the UK be Catholic? Because the law says soreason for the K&Q not being Catolic is another discussion . As for Novak thats here and now . Politics and showing face has taken over . But as i say do U think he will get the 3yr visa ban . Me i think not and i would be foolish if i think this is the end off it within the Tennis fraternity "

I don't know. Depends on how pissed off the government are and how much they want to beat their chests over their sovereignty. (I'm led to believe that the minister could make it to to a lifetime ban if he so chose)

Ultimately it was partly an election issue in Australia - there's an election coming up and they want to show that they're strong. And as Australia has such a high rate of vaccination, I can well see how they decided as they did. (My home state is over 95% double jabbed in the over 12s)

over a year ago

"Parents now claiming it's a witch hunt, but that's nothing knew for Goran. Even he's a witch."
i thought i saw him doing a Cameo part in the Witcher . Was he know 1 off the guys bk in witcher castle sitting at the bk

over a year ago

Feel sorry for tennis

All that attention on one person from the press and probably will continue while the tourny is on.

over a year ago

"Feel sorry for tennis

All that attention on one person from the press and probably will continue while the tourny is on.

"

U are correct that man Polictics and sport should always be seperate but that now has set a precedence

By *aughty power coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cotswolds

A government over ruling the court and democracy in the process = dictatorship (tin pot)

over a year ago

"A government over ruling the court and democracy in the process = dictatorship (tin pot) "
Sounding more like Boris has made it across the world

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"A government over ruling the court and democracy in the process = dictatorship (tin pot) "

What you mean is, the government respecting the outcome of decision one and using a separate mechanism, which was adjudicated by a full court on a Sunday, no less.

Nobody knows Djokovic's pain. He was in a bad hotel for days, not years, in a situation where immigration detention has to comply with Australian law (unlike Nauru). He got immediate access to the courts and was not denied a lawyer, and the courts held out of hours sessions!

Woe. Woe. The people stuck in immigration detention, which the UN has described as t*rture, cannot know the depths of his pain

By *itzi999Woman
over a year ago

Slough

Correct decision

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"

He failed to observe and comy with the rules of entry.

"

Really? Which rule ?

over a year ago

Lets rewind on the 6th Jan he entered Auz. His Visa was submitted to tennis Australia a Visa which they accepted. So unknown to him was incorrect but to Tennis Australia was correct Done.

He arrived at Border Control ( passport Visa control) they looked at it and found wrong with it .

He was told he would have been given an answer within certain amount off time ( which he wasn't)

So with the money he had he used it ( like any1 else would do ) or we are not fookin human ) to get his lawyers to ask the Question .

He won that battle and then WW3 BROKE out because it went from sport to Politics

over a year ago

I here now Novak has leave the building . ?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Lets rewind on the 6th Jan he entered Auz. His Visa was submitted to tennis Australia a Visa which they accepted. So unknown to him was incorrect but to Tennis Australia was correct Done.

He arrived at Border Control ( passport Visa control) they looked at it and found wrong with it .

He was told he would have been given an answer within certain amount off time ( which he wasn't)

So with the money he had he used it ( like any1 else would do ) or we are not fookin human ) to get his lawyers to ask the Question .

He won that battle and then WW3 BROKE out because it went from sport to Politics "

Tennis Australia does not issue visas in Australia.

I'm not sure what went wrong, and the court cases did not hinge on the facts of his claimed exemption and whether it met Australian immigration requirements.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I here now Novak has leave the building . ? "

Yeah, he's gone

over a year ago

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/novak-djokovic-vaccine-exemption-australia-b1988536.html.

Stated by paper

over a year ago

"Lets rewind on the 6th Jan he entered Auz. His Visa was submitted to tennis Australia a Visa which they accepted. So unknown to him was incorrect but to Tennis Australia was correct Done.

He won that battle and then WW3 BROKE out because it went from sport to Politics

I'm not sure what went wrong, and the court cases did not hinge on the facts of his claimed exemption and whether it met Australian immigration requirements."

Look at my last post . Time line

By *m389Man
over a year ago

Bromley

[Removed by poster at 16/01/22 21:38:45]

By *m389Man
over a year ago

Bromley

When you are used to privilege. Equality can feel like discrimination.

over a year ago

"When you are used to privilege. Equality can feel like discrimination."
totally agree but if u had wouldn't you use it

over a year ago

By *igmaMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS !?!?

By *m389Man
over a year ago

Bromley

"When you are used to privilege. Equality can feel like discrimination.totally agree but if u had wouldn't you use it "

I’d milked the hell out of it for sure

over a year ago

"When you are used to privilege. Equality can feel like discrimination.totally agree but if u had wouldn't you use it

I’d milked the hell out of it for sure "

over a year ago

"YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS !?!?"
30/30 . Fed/ nadal / novak

over a year ago

Here is a better 1, the link i put 3 players being exempt has now been removed by indenpanted ( as i tried to follow my own link and a cant get it

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Not really. Wild exaggeration

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

The final ruling was made by a court, wasn’t it?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"A government over ruling the court and democracy in the process = dictatorship (tin pot)

The final ruling was made by a court, wasn’t it? "

Yes, the federal court.

A single judge from the federal court also overturned the actions of the Border Force - saying their actions were unlawful.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"A government over ruling the court and democracy in the process = dictatorship (tin pot)

Yes, the federal court.

A single judge from the federal court also overturned the actions of the Border Force - saying their actions were unlawful."

But the final decision was made by a court.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, the federal court.

A single judge from the federal court also overturned the actions of the Border Force - saying their actions were unlawful.

But the final decision was made by a court. "

The court found that the minister acted within his power.

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

Well after all that racket, the balls were in his court in the first place, and up to him if he wanted to get the point that they were making. He's probably feeling a right prick now, and it's likely to needle him for a good while, and might inject some sense into him that he's not a law unto himself. So having been given the tennis elbow by Australia, the umpires decision is final, even though some might say, "You cannot be serious!"

By *aptain Caveman41Man
over a year ago

Home

Correct decision.

I see the majority on here agree with the decision their borders their rules.

Now for the people complaining about Australian border rules, the UK voted for brexit so they could control their own borders and you are here now complaining about how another country is controlling their borders there is a word for that hypocrisy and its the height of hypocrisy at that.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Yes, the federal court.

The court found that the minister acted within his power. "

... so it wasn’t a case of the government ignoring the courts / laws then. as had been suggested in the post I had replied to

By *hunderace...Man
over a year ago

Dudley

Australia and NZ have the toughest boarder controls for good reason, he lied and showed himself not to be of reliable character.

I applaud them for sticking to their guns and its a bloody shame their morals aren't adopted here.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I'm not sure what went wrong, and the court cases did not hinge on the facts of his claimed exemption and whether it met Australian immigration requirements."

Tennis Australia issued the exemption

State of Victoria advised the exemption was ok.

The courts agreed , he did nothing wrong

Now the politicians of Australia intervene and with new powers they are able to break the law

The courts then agreed the politicians can now break the laws

I’m glad we’re not yet living in a police state like Australia

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

I'm not sure what went wrong, and the court cases did not hinge on the facts of his claimed exemption and whether it met Australian immigration requirements.

Now the politicians of Australia intervene and with new powers they are able to break the law

I’m glad we’re not yet living in a police state like Australia "

When he arrived in Australia, he had lied about his recent movements, and could not provide evidence to support the reason that the exemption had been given.

Not sure you understand what a police state is, as it has no relevance here.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Simple question: what law did the politician break? From what I can see, the court decided that the minister had acted within his powers, legally.

You may not like the outcome, but making things up doesn’t make that any better.

Perhaps focus on why he has been kicked out, for lying and not having his docs in order.

By *hunderace...Man
over a year ago

Dudley

I lived in Oz for 10yrs and still maintain my perminent resident visa, I've no idea what your basing your comment on but if its because he thought his lies would be overlooked as he's an international tennis god then he was a wrong as you are.

They have every right to allow or turn away who ever they see fit.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Simple question: what law did the politician break? From what I can see, the court decided that the minister had acted within his powers, legally.

You may not like the outcome, but making things up doesn’t make that any better.

Perhaps focus on why he has been kicked out, for lying and not having his docs in order. "

Read the news , specifically the mis-use of state of emergency powers in Australia , there’s lots of debate on real news sites, even a little bit of Facebook

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Perhaps focus on why he has been kicked out, for lying and not having his docs in order.

Read the news , specifically the mis-use of state of emergency powers in Australia , there’s lots of debate on real news sites, even a little bit of Facebook "

Facebook, oh wow!! I should have thought of looking there!

People “debating” on websites does not mean that the government broke the law.

Like I said, if you don’t like the outcome could that’s fine, but making up stuff and throwing around accusations like “police state” don’t charge anything.

If Novak had told the truth and had his docs in order then perhaps he would be playing today.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, the federal court.

The court found that the minister acted within his power.

... so it wasn’t a case of the government ignoring the courts / laws then. as had been suggested in the post I had replied to "

Indeed.

First decision was that Border Force acted unfairly.

Second decision was that the minister acted within his power.

Ultimately the rights and wrongs of the exemption, if Djokovic lied, etc, didn't come into it at all - it was just boring administrative law.

By *hunderace...Man
over a year ago

Dudley

I can end this argument in one saying that any Aussie will be only too familiar with.

Its Australia mate, love it or leave it...

What most don't know or realise is as Australia is relatively close to South Eastern Asia and China in specific they've been aware and warned of this pandemic for many years, in the 10yrs I lived in Perth we were aware of corona virus and bird flu outbreaks several times as its not something that's suddenly appeared over the last couple of years.

The Australian current affairs programme 60 Minutes warned of the potential worldwide outbreak long before it happened.

They introduced airport temperature screening and shut down their boarders whilst we were still allowing anyone with no checks to waltz in and out the UK.

NZ was the 1st to claim a covid free country and Australia had stronger lockdowns than us, they coped better because they were already used to dealing with this all be it on a smaller scale.

How anyone in this country who can criticise how they deal with their immigration and boarder control procedures defies comprehension to me and tbh is showing ignorance in just how long some parts of the world have been dealing with corona viruses.

We only wish we could have been as well prepared and had their correct protocols in place.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I can end this argument in one saying that any Aussie will be only too familiar with.

What most don't know or realise is as Australia is relatively close to South Eastern Asia and China in specific they've been aware and warned of this pandemic for many years, in the 10yrs I lived in Perth we were aware of corona virus and bird flu outbreaks several times as its not something that's suddenly appeared over the last couple of years.

The Australian current affairs programme 60 Minutes warned of the potential worldwide outbreak long before it happened.

They introduced airport temperature screening and shut down their boarders whilst we were still allowing anyone with no checks to waltz in and out the UK.

NZ was the 1st to claim a covid free country and Australia had stronger lockdowns than us, they coped better because they were already used to dealing with this all be it on a smaller scale.

How anyone in this country who can criticise how they deal with their immigration and boarder control procedures defies comprehension to me and tbh is showing ignorance in just how long some parts of the world have been dealing with corona viruses.

We only wish we could have been as well prepared and had their correct protocols in place."

Australia isn't the UK, has a different culture, and yelling tyranny/ police state is a bit silly. (particularly when we look at some of the laws in the UK ) Vaccine mandates exist, did before Covid, and the majority just got on with it. Anzac spirit - mates in the trenches together and all that jazz.

By *hunderace...Man
over a year ago

Dudley

"I can end this argument in one saying that any Aussie will be only too familiar with.

We only wish we could have been as well prepared and had their correct protocols in place.

Australia isn't the UK, has a different culture, and yelling tyranny/ police state is a bit silly. (particularly when we look at some of the laws in the UK ) Vaccine mandates exist, did before Covid, and the majority just got on with it. Anzac spirit - mates in the trenches together and all that jazz."

Thank god this countries not taken the Sheila out of ya, your still as Aussie as a Tim Tam...

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Australia isn't the UK, has a different culture, and yelling tyranny/ police state is a bit silly. (particularly when we look at some of the laws in the UK ) Vaccine mandates exist, did before Covid, and the majority just got on with it. Anzac spirit - mates in the trenches together and all that jazz.

Thank god this countries not taken the Sheila out of ya, your still as Aussie as a Tim Tam... "

True blue dinky-di, mate.

By *arry monk40Man
over a year ago

Telford

So if I tried to enter Serbia without correct documentation they would just say its OK come on in ......no

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Its tennis. Who cares?

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

We only wish we could have been as well prepared and had their correct protocols in place."

Yeah they did react fast but you have to remember they have tiny populations and nothing like the commerce.

NZ has an entire population half of London , Australia is less than half the U.K..

It’s very different now , 20 years ago they were both very relaxed we used to fly in and out using weekends in pacific islands for extending tourist visas indefinitely and work abs set up businesses very easily, now it’s impossible since Covid to get in or out!

Post new Message to Thread