Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A bit selfish but!

Jump to newest

By *inda May Simmons OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

hexham

I was paid a complement about my legs a few days ago while wearing a short dress (as in my newly posted pic) .

Now my conviction is that my thighs are too chunky and a female friend also said they were and I should wear a longer skirt, down to my knees to look more feminine.

I guess I would like to hear from the ladies.. should I wear a longer skirt?

Would you wear a longer skirt if afflicted with tree trunk thighs like me ?

Or would you say sod it, I will wear what I want!

Of course any guys are welcome to throw their thoughts on this too

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Wear what makes you feel good or comfortable

Fuck what other's think

By *athyperkinsCouple
over a year ago

lifton

Well I think you look just fine! What matters is how happy you are with your look tbh. But thumbs up from me and it's a lovely dress

T

over a year ago

I think you should get rid of that "friend"

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

"Wear what makes you feel good or comfortable

Fuck what other's think "

Totally this. You will never please all the people all the time.

over a year ago

You do have nice legs and short dresses do suit you

By *implynaughty1Couple
over a year ago

stockport

You look good on your pics as I always say you do you only person can judge you is you x mrs m x

By *TK421-Man
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Wear what makes you feel good or comfortable

Fuck what other's think "

This!!!!!! Spot on...

Someone shamed me about my scars and told me to wearing long shorts to cover my knees.

People like that can jog on.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"I think you should get rid of that "friend" "

Definitely, your legs look great OP. No need to cover them.

This really could be a case of jealousy

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Someone shamed me about my scars and told me to wearing long shorts to cover my knees.

People like that can jog on."

Blimey, scars are part of a person

By *yrdsisWoman
over a year ago

Gleam Street

I swam and played rugby for years...I'm proud of my tree trunk thighs! They're strong, healthy and look awesome in a shortish skirt. Stuff what they think... your legs look great.

over a year ago

hexham

Wow! Well a lot of very strong minded people replying . Thank you for that.

Just to clarify though. I am not. Was not or will ever be offended by anyone expressing their opinion on what I wear or the way I look.

I don’t think looks are really too important even though of course I want to look as good as possible.

If people are expressing genuine opinion and not just out to be nasty then I am all ears

Oh and yes, I also like the dress, it gets lots of comments and I have had a few fun filled run ins with police when I have worn it out in Leeds and manchester !

By *elinefineWoman
over a year ago

kempston

Wear what you want, what you are comfortable in and what makes you feel good!!

I would question the worth of any “friend” who put you down and couldn’t be constructive and if they were a true friend you wouldn’t be questioning yourself now…

over a year ago

Whare what you feel comfortable in

There is no age or size restriction on clothes if someone dosent like it that’s there problem

If you want to go out in the shortest dress possible with your bum cheeks hang out and hold up or stockings tops on show

Then you should be able to without anyone bothering you or saying nasty things

over a year ago

Legs look fine to me, better than mine do in a skirt

over a year ago

hexham

"Wear what you want, what you are comfortable in and what makes you feel good!!

I would question the worth of any “friend” who put you down and couldn’t be constructive and if they were a true friend you wouldn’t be questioning yourself now…"

I really do not think it was a put down. I think she was genuinely saying that she felt I would look more feminine in a longer skirt.

Also I didn’t really mean this thread to be about me, I was hoping it would branch out and allow women to discuss whether they felt they ever dressed because of expectations or they just said “fu@k it, I will dress how I want!

It seems so far… and to my immense pleasure. That all the women are saying they dress exactly how they want.

I am chuffed to bits about that

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I think you should carry on wearing that dress and others like it. You look great.

Ignore anyone who criticises you or your dress sense.

By *xydadbodMan
over a year ago

Milton keynes

I say dress however you feel comfortable really. Looking at your pics, you look amazing and I'm sure other people will agree also

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes the things people say have quite an effect - my grandma told me I shouldn't wear trousers or jeans because my legs are too fat. And I don't own any. Lasting legacy I guess. Sometimes it's good to have honest feedback but sometimes it's another's opinion on clothes, what women should or shouldn't wear. And only that. Not the law.

Do you know what makes someone look particularly feminine OP? It's not about the length of the skirt, the cut of the dress. It's about how they feel in it - that confidence and ease, the energy they bring. Your legs look fantastic and if you're happy in that length, keep wearing it. It suits you.

By *aptain Caveman41Man
over a year ago

Home

"I was paid a complement about my legs a few days ago while wearing a short dress (as in my newly posted pic) .

Now my conviction is that my thighs are too chunky and a female friend also said they were and I should wear a longer skirt, down to my knees to look more feminine.

I guess I would like to hear from the ladies.. should I wear a longer skirt?

Would you wear a longer skirt if afflicted with tree trunk thighs like me ?

Or would you say sod it, I will wear what I want!

Of course any guys are welcome to throw their thoughts on this too "

fuck the begrudgers, wear what you want you have a great pair of pins

over a year ago

hexham

"Someone shamed me about my scars and told me to wearing long shorts to cover my knees.

Blimey, scars are part of a person "

It is difficult to know if they are genuinely trying to help.

I certainly am not put off by scars, note would I feel it necessary to cover them up or advise anyone to cover them up.

I would also be mortified if I tried to give anyone advice and they were offended… mind, I don’t think I ever offer advice unless it is specifically sort by a person !

By *tam3Man
over a year ago

Bromley

You look absolutely amazing xx

over a year ago

hexham

"Sometimes the things people say have quite an effect - my grandma told me I shouldn't wear trousers or jeans because my legs are too fat. And I don't own any. Lasting legacy I guess. Sometimes it's good to have honest feedback but sometimes it's another's opinion on clothes, what women should or shouldn't wear. And only that. Not the law.

Do you know what makes someone look particularly feminine OP? It's not about the length of the skirt, the cut of the dress. It's about how they feel in it - that confidence and ease, the energy they bring. Your legs look fantastic and if you're happy in that length, keep wearing it. It suits you. "

This is fab

Absolutely spot on. When I go out on the town the girls , whether generic girls or trans that always look the best are the ones who own how they feel and how they look and are not afraid to show it .

By *B69Woman
over a year ago

Wiltshire

You look great, wish I had a waist like yours, wear what you want and feel comfortable in x

over a year ago

I've got thick thighs too but I've found that skirts and dresses that have a more skater shape to them are more flattering for me but honestly, you wear what you're most confident in, I think you look amazing!

over a year ago

Your legs look fab in both the green dress and the black dress x

By *arneygumbleMan
over a year ago

Catcliffe

Wow don't listen to put downs you look stunning. And definitely wear more of the same if not less

By *TK421-Man
over a year ago

Cheltenham

I certainly am not put off by scars, note would I feel it necessary to cover them up or advise anyone to cover them up.

I would also be mortified if I tried to give anyone advice and they were offended… mind, I don’t think I ever offer advice unless it is specifically sort by a person ! "

No, she's was being a really toxic nasty person unfortunately. Not to go into to much detail. She was very, very nasty about them. I was injured and spent 6 months in a cast. You can hardly see them.

Not hijacking your thread. But I think the point is that it will depend on if this friend and you have the type of relationship that allows you to be brutally honest with each other... Or were they just being a plonker...

over a year ago

What do you like?

I appreciate input from friends or Mr when they think a particular style suits me better than others but I wouldn't appreciate it if the comment was very negative about a part of my body.

I used to get comments at school about my legs being too muscular (calves in particular) because I ran a lot. I barely wore a skirt going out until I was in my 30s because I was convinced they looked manly.

Now I'm a mad auld tart in leather and pvc and never wear trousers on a night out

over a year ago

...and you have a good shape in your pics

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Your thighs are smaller than mine.

Wear whatever you want.

over a year ago

"I think you should get rid of that "friend" "

I agree with that

By *issYeuxBleusWoman
over a year ago

My boudoir - S Wales

I wish my thighs looked that good in a short skirt!

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"I think you should get rid of that "friend"

I agree with that "

3rd vote for this, my thighs are thicker and I'd kill for that waistline. I think you look fabulous in your pics hun

P

over a year ago

hexham

"I think you should get rid of that "friend"

I agree with that

3rd vote for this, my thighs are thicker and I'd kill for that waistline. I think you look fabulous in your pics hun

P"

Oh crumbs the waistline is another story all together… vollers corsets pulled very tight !

By *irginieWoman
over a year ago

Near Marlborough

Fuck any friend off that thinks they have a right to comment on your body or how you dress.

But….. big thighs definitely need a short skirt.

V xx

over a year ago

hexham

"Fuck any friend off that thinks they have a right to comment on your body or how you dress.

V xx"

Ooh big thighs need a short skirt! ?

Hmm that is interesting. I am certainly having my eyes opened up a bit here

Thank you so much for the feed back

By *iss KissWoman
over a year ago

near Coventry

Your friend sounds like a bitch. Sorry. But who does that. Your thighs look fine on your profile. You have a waist to die for as well I might add.

Wear what makes you feel happy.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

I wouldn’t call that person a friend.

You feel confident in a short skirt, then you wear that short skirt and bugger what anyone else thinks

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"I wouldn’t call that person a friend.

You feel confident in a short skirt, then you wear that short skirt and bugger what anyone else thinks "

Depends if I've shaved my legs.

over a year ago

hexham

I would also be mortified if I tried to give anyone advice and they were offended… mind, I don’t think I ever offer advice unless it is specifically sort by a person !

No, she's was being a really toxic nasty person unfortunately. Not to go into to much detail. She was very, very nasty about them. I was injured and spent 6 months in a cast. You can hardly see them.

Not hijacking your thread. But I think the point is that it will depend on if this friend and you have the type of relationship that allows you to be brutally honest with each other... Or were they just being a plonker..."

Certainly not hijacking the thread at all. I hoped it would open up into a broader discussion anyway, with people bringing in their own experiences,

And your contribution has been brilliant.

I genuinely don’t think she was trying to put me down. We have a very loving (though none sexual in any way) relationship.

There was nothing toxic about what she was saying.

As for your experience, then I hope you did exactly as you pleased and I hope that turned out to be the right thing.

By *irginieWoman
over a year ago

Near Marlborough

"Fuck any friend off that thinks they have a right to comment on your body or how you dress.

V xx

Thank you so much for the feed back "

They absolutely do.

In all seriousness (as an owner of two tree trunks myself) it has to be as short as possible proudly displaying gorgeous trunks OR to the floor. Anything in between is just indecisive.

PS. “Fuck off” is the answer so anyone who has an opinion on your body other than you.

V x

V x

over a year ago

hexham

V xx

They absolutely do.

In all seriousness (as an owner of two tree trunks myself) it has to be as short as possible proudly displaying gorgeous trunks OR to the floor. Anything in between is just indecisive.

PS. “Fuck off” is the answer so anyone who has an opinion on your body other than you.

V x

V x "

Do you want to run for prime minister?

You have got my vote

Totally fab xxxx

By *irginieWoman
over a year ago

Near Marlborough

V xx

They absolutely do.

V x

V x

Do you want to run for prime minister?

You have got my vote

Totally fab xxxx"

That’s 1. Ermmm. How many more do I need?

Vx

Post new Message to Thread