Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lonely weekends

Jump to newest

By *parrow77 OP   Man
over a year ago

cheshire

Well it’s the weekend again yes I look forward to it coming as break from work but since single last 6 months also hate them as means am alone and bored no matter what I do or all stuff I have to entertain self.

It’s hard as feel. Burden family cos don’t want be alone all weekend although yes I like alone time but weekend are something else.

Wonder if I’ll ever stop feeling like this just empty and alone makes me realise also how crappy I must be and been all life as don’t have friends to see or speak to and ppl thought was I feel have to chase them to talk if don’t msg they never msg me.

Ok now I’m starting feel like huge loser and crazy lol but if read and feel like a nice guy chat movies, music and games msg or reply.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

Why don’t you start going to a club, get to know people who go/staff

By *parrow77 OP   Man
over a year ago

cheshire

"Why don’t you start going to a club, get to know people who go/staff"

I never thought of that cos never been to a club didn’t know can go in that sense not just sexual play.

Also know my anxiety going alone may be tough but something think about

Thanks for idea

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Mate, it’s good that you have hobbies. Join some groups/communities for these interests to make friends. Take positive action to change your life for the better x

By * AND R 777Couple
over a year ago

Teesside

Joine a few social groops (dosnt have to be a sex thing) get yourself a new hobby and try and meet new people, keep your chin up and good luck, and definitely go to a club it very good fun

By *parrow77 OP   Man
over a year ago

cheshire

"Mate, it’s good that you have hobbies. Join some groups/communities for these interests to make friends. Take positive action to change your life for the better x"

I am trying not too take control more

By *parrow77 OP   Man
over a year ago

cheshire

"Joine a few social groops (dosnt have to be a sex thing) get yourself a new hobby and try and meet new people, keep your chin up and good luck, and definitely go to a club it very good fun "

Thank you i try but still hard as I question why ex left what did I do wrong ect as didn’t get reason just left so I keep reflecting as a friend got me sign on dating apps to chat and meet ppl but get no likes or matches so makes me question is it looks or how I come across etc

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

"Joine a few social groops (dosnt have to be a sex thing) get yourself a new hobby and try and meet new people, keep your chin up and good luck, and definitely go to a club it very good fun

Thank you i try but still hard as I question why ex left what did I do wrong ect as didn’t get reason just left so I keep reflecting as a friend got me sign on dating apps to chat and meet ppl but get no likes or matches so makes me question is it looks or how I come across etc"

Maybe a therapist would help you work through these questions around your ex. Fab is hard for most men so you do need to be mentally robust to survive.

over a year ago

Relationships break down for all kinds of reasons and sometimes there isn't any particular reason. Doesn't make it easier though.

Yes being single can be lonely at times, even though I do enjoy the quietness, its a balancing act between wanting to be alone and wanting company..

Dating apps can be soulless places. Try to become content being single and maybe try and meet more people in real life.

Hope that helps. I don't have the answers. Maybe there isn't even an answer...

over a year ago

Ask you GP to refer to your local Social Prescribing service. It’s free - it’s NHS funded. There’s a big push in social prescribing now, following the pandemic - worth a Google x

By *ayskiMan
over a year ago

Leeds

"Why don’t you start going to a club, get to know people who go/staff"

I agree, you should try going to a club.

It`s not easy going on your own, but i did and i soon made some good male & female friends who i just socially hang out with in the club.

( Had some fun with a few of them to! )

Good luck.

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

"Why don’t you start going to a club, get to know people who go/staff

I never thought of that cos never been to a club didn’t know can go in that sense not just sexual play.

Thanks for idea"

Yes of course you can. I go to clubs mostly for the social side

By *parrow77 OP   Man
over a year ago

cheshire

"Joine a few social groops (dosnt have to be a sex thing) get yourself a new hobby and try and meet new people, keep your chin up and good luck, and definitely go to a club it very good fun

Thank you i try but still hard as I question why ex left what did I do wrong ect as didn’t get reason just left so I keep reflecting as a friend got me sign on dating apps to chat and meet ppl but get no likes or matches so makes me question is it looks or how I come across etc

Maybe a therapist would help you work through these questions around your ex. Fab is hard for most men so you do need to be mentally robust to survive."

I had a therapist to sort ptsd which I did for ex and she did speak about split but still doesn’t stop bein alone and doubting self but I appreciate people taking time reply and those who msg me to chat stuff

By *parrow77 OP   Man
over a year ago

cheshire

Thanks for idea

Yes of course you can. I go to clubs mostly for the social side "

I never realised as when spoke to ppl about going or who gone all sexual but definitely an idea as your in nw where is good to go???

over a year ago

Thanks for idea

Yes of course you can. I go to clubs mostly for the social side "

I have to be completely honest - whilst someone may be feeling low in themselves - and as a single guy new to the clubs, going on their own, it might not be the right thing at this time. I think the clubs are best when you’re feeling a bit more confident and better in yourself. Having tried two, for the first time this month, I empathise for some single guys, as I could see them trying but, it really is hard.

Perhaps going to an organised event with a non fab friend would be more comfortable OP? That’s what I did. We joined a kik chat group beforehand so we knew peoples faces and their interests, before we even got to the club. So on the night, it felt like we were walking into a local pub.

Wish you all the luck! Be kind to yourself and go when you’re ready. And come back and tell us all about it, when you do x

By *parrow77 OP   Man
over a year ago

cheshire

Thanks for idea

Yes of course you can. I go to clubs mostly for the social side

I have to be completely honest - whilst someone may be feeling low in themselves - and as a single guy new to the clubs, going on their own, it might not be the right thing at this time. I think the clubs are best when you’re feeling a bit more confident and better in yourself. Having tried two, for the first time this month, I empathise for some single guys, as I could see them trying but, it really is hard.

Perhaps going to an organised event with a non fab friend would be more comfortable OP? That’s what I did. We joined a kik chat group beforehand so we knew peoples faces and their interests, before we even got to the club. So on the night, it felt like we were walking into a local pub.

Wish you all the luck! Be kind to yourself and go when you’re ready. And come back and tell us all about it, when you do x"

Thank you I do understand your paint soon as people said before about going club solo I started having panics about can I, how I look, do I know how to communicate and talk to people as I used think I was cheeky and fun and now I worry and miserable and dark lol wow am moody.

But I appreciate people offering ideas and will start to look at things and see what can do but sometimes even in busy things I feel lonely but I need to start to be kind to me again and not hurt self way I have been

By *parrow77 OP   Man
over a year ago

cheshire

To the people who responded here and few who pmd thank you for support and chats I hope can chat more and stuff but appreciate everything

By *parrow77 OP   Man
over a year ago

cheshire

Thanks for chat and messages from people meant a lot.

Same old dress for the weekend but out with parent to football tomorrow so know going be bit better but no plans for Sunday so will see where goes.

Anyone like chat drop a message

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

I'd love to try indoor rock climbing, bit past it though

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

^just read more of the thread and to clarify that was meant as a hobby suggestion

By *parrow77 OP   Man
over a year ago

cheshire

"^just read more of the thread and to clarify that was meant as a hobby suggestion"

Hahaha that’s good idea I did it few times but only one know is where ex still goes so puts me off but need good upper body strength

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"^just read more of the thread and to clarify that was meant as a hobby suggestion

Hahaha that’s good idea I did it few times but only one know is where ex still goes so puts me off but need good upper body strength "

Boxing then - either gets you mixing and out of the house.

By *istyblue1967Man
over a year ago

manchester

i know how you feel mate

keep positive

go on walks get some fresh air the current climate doent help

try gym

local groups or activeties ??? maybe

over a year ago

Check out mind over mountains - it’s a great day out! Meeting likeminded people and walking and talking with trained counsellors and enjoying the scenery. They do meet ups about once a month.

Post new Message to Thread