Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Groundhog Day

Jump to newest

By *ickshawed OP   Couple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I know it's not February 2nd yet, but I do love that film. In it Bill Murray talks about which perfect day he'd choose to relive rather than the one he gets stuck with.

So if you could choose to relive one day over and over which would it be and what did you do?

Mine would be the first full day I spent with my now husband. Although I'll break my own rules and make it two days.

There was sex, endless talking, a visit to the Kelvingrove in Glasgow, a meal out at Wagamama's, a long walk up a snowy hill, visiting friends who did a double take when they saw us holding hands, a game of munchkin Fu, guitar hero, more sex. We fell in love. The happiness and excitement was something special.

How about yourselves?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *igJFromSAMan
over a year ago

Woking

I'd rather get stuck in a loop on an ordinary day off, one where no one is expecting anything from me. That would give me a blank canvas for all sorts of adventures. Win big at the bookies one day and blow it all on a huge party, next day jet off somewhere new until the day resets. Learn new things, meet new people.

By *TK421-Man
over a year ago

Cheltenham

What a fantastic day/weekend to relive OP.

I would be torn. Avoiding the worst day of my life or reliving the best day... What's had the most impact.

Let's go positive and say the day I meet my partner and the electricity and excitement we shared that night. No details though, that memory is just for me and her.xxx

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

"I'd rather get stuck in a loop on an ordinary day off, one where no one is expecting anything from me. That would give me a blank canvas for all sorts of adventures. Win big at the bookies one day and blow it all on a huge party, next day jet off somewhere new until the day resets. Learn new things, meet new people. "

Great answer and one I did not think of.

By *ickshawed OP   Couple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"I'd rather get stuck in a loop on an ordinary day off, one where no one is expecting anything from me. That would give me a blank canvas for all sorts of adventures. Win big at the bookies one day and blow it all on a huge party, next day jet off somewhere new until the day resets. Learn new things, meet new people.

Great answer and one I did not think of."

Probably the most sensible answer especially if you were stuck in an infinite loop. I was just answering from a happiest day perspective. But hell, if I had to fall in love with my husband over and over I'd probably get bored and go after his flatmate instead at some point

By *igJFromSAMan
over a year ago

Woking

"I'd rather get stuck in a loop on an ordinary day off, one where no one is expecting anything from me. That would give me a blank canvas for all sorts of adventures. Win big at the bookies one day and blow it all on a huge party, next day jet off somewhere new until the day resets. Learn new things, meet new people.

Great answer and one I did not think of.

Probably the most sensible answer especially if you were stuck in an infinite loop. I was just answering from a happiest day perspective. But hell, if I had to fall in love with my husband over and over I'd probably get bored and go after his flatmate instead at some point "

Yeah, that's why I steered away from special days, eventually they'd lose their shine.

Post new Message to Thread