Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Potty mouth

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When it comes to talking to someone are you someone that's got a potty mouth that just like to say the f-word a lot or is there a favourite word that you do like to say and you just can't stop saying it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"When it comes to talking to someone are you someone that's got a potty mouth that just like to say the f-word a lot or is there a favourite word that you do like to say and you just can't stop saying it "

Depends. I am able that rein it in if I absolutely have to, but it builds up and has the come out somewhere.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I am able that rein it in if I absolutely have to, but it builds up and has the come out somewhere. "

Do you end up talking out of your arse ?

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS
over a year ago

hexham

I have started to try and consciously replace effing this and effing that with words like “crumbs” and “fiddlesticks” and “blinkety flip” but sometimes the rage just gets the best of me!

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"I am able that rein it in if I absolutely have to, but it builds up and has the come out somewhere.

Do you end up talking out of your arse ? "

That happens anyway.

I don’t make too many allowances for people who don’t swear though, I don’t see why I shouldn’t swear (if it is nexessary) just because they are po-faced about it and look shocked if they hear a bad word.

My in-laws would be near the top of the list for this, they pretend that they never heard a swear word in their lives, which is just bollkcks. I don’t go out of my way to swear in front of them, I’m not deliberately trying to offend them, but if a situation arises where I would normally say ah for fuck sake, I don’t try replacing that with “of dear”. And if they don’t like it, fuck them, I’m not going to change because two miserable cunts are sitting there chewing wasps because I dropped an f bomb.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

No. I don’t swear much. Maybe when I’m driving more or really angry. But not in public or in front of my kids.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"I have started to try and consciously replace effing this and effing that with words like “crumbs” and “fiddlesticks” and “blinkety flip” but sometimes the rage just gets the best of me! "

I can’t do that. It would sound completely unconvincing

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It depends who I'm with. Squaddies? I think every word is a swear word and they just know what I'm talking about.

I don't change my words, if I think you're a fucking cunt I'll say it.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I am able that rein it in if I absolutely have to, but it builds up and has the come out somewhere.

Do you end up talking out of your arse ?

That happens anyway.

I don’t make too many allowances for people who don’t swear though, I don’t see why I shouldn’t swear (if it is nexessary) just because they are po-faced about it and look shocked if they hear a bad word.

My in-laws would be near the top of the list for this, they pretend that they never heard a swear word in their lives, which is just bollkcks. I don’t go out of my way to swear in front of them, I’m not deliberately trying to offend them, but if a situation arises where I would normally say ah for fuck sake, I don’t try replacing that with “of dear”. And if they don’t like it, fuck them, I’m not going to change because two miserable cunts are sitting there chewing wasps because I dropped an f bomb. "

Would you day "for fucks sake" in front of children ?

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS
over a year ago

hexham

"I have started to try and consciously replace effing this and effing that with words like “crumbs” and “fiddlesticks” and “blinkety flip” but sometimes the rage just gets the best of me!

I can’t do that. It would sound completely unconvincing "

Oh i am not always successful at finding a suitable substitute word and as for sounding convincing?

Well crumbs, I probably sound like a complete silly sausage but then look at me! Is it going to come as a great surprise to anyone that there is something not right about me?

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

It’s just down from where I live…

By *anilla-sinCouple
over a year ago

lancs

I have full on ADHD and I’m not using it as an excuse, but I swear an awful lot, thing is it’s left my mouth before my brain has engaged, fortunately, W and my work colleagues accept that this is part of who I am, I’m looking to try and find a new job at the moment and it does worry me that most people are not quite so accommodating, especially when they won’t know my character very well.

Most people are ok, but I have had the sharp intake of breath in meetings when I say something totally inappropriate

Mrs x

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I usually never swear in everyday conversation myself.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Nothing worse than the F word used in every day conversation.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's very rare for me to swear l, when not driving alone or with a best friend.

My behaviour is context dependent.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

It’s rare you will hear me use expletives but when I do it’s usually not good to stick around!

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I very seldom swear and if I do it is usually at myself.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Like a docker !

Post new Message to Thread