Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Coffee suppliers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I find myself in need of recommendations for freshly roasted and ground beans. My previous local supplier has decided to stop their operation indefinitely. So, coffee lovers, which online vendors do you source your brew from?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

George Clooney

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

bookmark

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I finally managed to find a place near me that does them. They're more of a wholesalers but coffee roasters are a pain the arse to come by locally

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I finally managed to find a place near me that does them. They're more of a wholesalers but coffee roasters are a pain the arse to come by locally "

I’ve found that problem here too. The guys I used before imported, roasted, ground, and sales. I may have to look at roasters, and do the grinding myself.

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

I had a couple of bags as a xmas gift from Bettys (Harrogate well known tea rooms) and they are great great. I usually like string coffee and get mine from a local place, they have a good range hut not sure if they do online. I also use ocassionally the supermarket ones, some are not bad.

By *sk me anythingMan
over a year ago

leeds

Blue mountain is my favourite they sell it at Betty’s

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't like Coffee

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Tried 'Perky Blenders' over Christmas and really good!

By *uckerfuckerMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"I find myself in need of recommendations for freshly roasted and ground beans. My previous local supplier has decided to stop their operation indefinitely. So, coffee lovers, which online vendors do you source your brew from? "

I just bought an electric grinder and ordered some beans from here: www.maxicoffee.com … good service

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I find myself in need of recommendations for freshly roasted and ground beans. My previous local supplier has decided to stop their operation indefinitely. So, coffee lovers, which online vendors do you source your brew from?

I just bought an electric grinder and ordered some beans from here: www.maxicoffee.com … good service "

I need to buy a grinder but putting it off for some reason. Probably because of the cleaning and also don't know what a good one is

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

I got an expensive one while back but was too fidly and got fed up with it. I recently got a cheap salter one and I like it as its so easy but best if you like to grind regularly.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I usually order tea from Cardews in Oxford.

They have quite a good range of coffee beans etc too

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

I like Lavazza. The bag isn't too big and when sealed properly, after it is ground, it lasts for a while before going off and loses its flavour.

I bought a couple of kilo bags online but by the time I got half way through them my coffee just didn't taste good.

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

"I find myself in need of recommendations for freshly roasted and ground beans. My previous local supplier has decided to stop their operation indefinitely. So, coffee lovers, which online vendors do you source your brew from?

I just bought an electric grinder and ordered some beans from here: www.maxicoffee.com … good service

I need to buy a grinder but putting it off for some reason. Probably because of the cleaning and also don't know what a good one is"

I have De'longhi, it's pretty good and not too big.

By *oah VailMan
over a year ago

Dover

"I like Lavazza. The bag isn't too big and when sealed properly, after it is ground, it lasts for a while before going off and loses its flavour.

I bought a couple of kilo bags online but by the time I got half way through them my coffee just didn't taste good.

"

Keep the opened bag in the freezer. Move the amount you want to grind to the fridge 24h before you want to use it.

Aldi’s single origin Sumatran arabica is very nice indeed for the cost.

By *uckerfuckerMan
over a year ago

Bexley

I need to buy a grinder but putting it off for some reason. Probably because of the cleaning and also don't know what a good one is"

https://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/kg79-electric-coffee-grinder/p/KG79 … I bought this grinder, it’s excellent

By *G LanaTV/TS
over a year ago

Gosport

I use Rave Coffee, I only buy green beans as I roast my own, but they supply fresh roasted ground coffee as well. The other company which is popular with my friends is Union Coffee.

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

"I like Lavazza. The bag isn't too big and when sealed properly, after it is ground, it lasts for a while before going off and loses its flavour.

Keep the opened bag in the freezer. Move the amount you want to grind to the fridge 24h before you want to use it.

Aldi’s single origin Sumatran arabica is very nice indeed for the cost. "

I am too lazy to do that. I tend to grind it in bulk so I don't have to think toouch in the morning.

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS
over a year ago

hexham

"I find myself in need of recommendations for freshly roasted and ground beans. My previous local supplier has decided to stop their operation indefinitely. So, coffee lovers, which online vendors do you source your brew from? "

I use Pumphreys coffee shop in the Grainger Market in Newcastle, they have a roasting house at the back end of Byker.

I have bought coffee from all over the place in the past and nowhere is as good as Pumphreys.

I think you can order it online… they have a big selection of roasts

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Have a look at Bean Smitten.

Post new Message to Thread