Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Boris and His parties last year

Jump to newest

By *lder A Wiser Passion OP   Woman
over a year ago

morecambe

What you all of you make of it and what is the betting this time next week could be as many as 20 or so

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

This is with all these parties who was actually running the country?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The 2 parties before Prince Philip's funeral are the final straw. Absolute shite.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I’m split

It’s a cunty thing to do

But most of the country were sitting on their biscuit getting paid to do fuck all

I think it’s easy to judge. They were working through the entire thing, an extremely high pressure job where nothing they did was gonna be well received

I dunno. The same people I saw consistently breaking lockdown rules are all now slagging him off. The people that spent one of the best summers we’ve had in years drinking wine in their garden while getting paid are doing the same

I dunno where I stand

By *omerset1976Man
over a year ago

Burnham

"The 2 parties before Prince Philip's funeral are the final straw. Absolute shite."

I think the final straw arrived few weeks back!

Bring in the next clown!!!

By *uietlycheekyMan
over a year ago

aberdeen

What about all the people/politicians that were at the parties ? Haven’t heard much about them

over a year ago

"I’m split

It’s a cunty thing to do

But most of the country were sitting on their biscuit getting paid to do fuck all

***I think it’s easy to judge. They were working through the entire thing, an extremely high pressure job where nothing they did was gonna be well received ***

I dunno. The same people I saw consistently breaking lockdown rules are all now slagging him off. The people that spent one of the best summers we’ve had in years drinking wine in their garden while getting paid are doing the same

I dunno where I stand "

I agree with this. ***

Actually I agree with it all

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I’m split

It’s a cunty thing to do

I think it’s easy to judge. They were working through the entire thing, an extremely high pressure job where nothing they did was gonna be well received

I dunno where I stand "

I didn't, I worked 07:30 to sometimes gone 6pm 6 days a week, while getting regularly getting abuse over cancelled appointments, visitor restrictions and other covid rules. We didn't have any parties. We couldn't even have a Christmas party this Christmas, nevermind a party 2 months into the first lockdown while the rules were even stricter. I couldn't even hug my crying colleagues.

By *TK421-Man
over a year ago

Cheltenham

Leading by example.

That's what we need.

The people in power didn't.

They disgust me.

over a year ago

Worked all through it often driving 400 miles plus a day as the hotels were closed yet I still had to travel. Cost me a fortune in ppe yet there they are having Romanesque orgies at number 10

By *acDreamyMan
over a year ago

Wirral

It annoys me that they are so thick that they thought it was OK and that it would not come out.

By *axtenMan
over a year ago

Stokesley

"I’m split

It’s a cunty thing to do

I dunno where I stand

I didn't, I worked 07:30 to sometimes gone 6pm 6 days a week, while getting regularly getting abuse over cancelled appointments, visitor restrictions and other covid rules. We didn't have any parties. We couldn't even have a Christmas party this Christmas, nevermind a party 2 months into the first lockdown while the rules were even stricter. I couldn't even hug my crying colleagues. "

I'm not split

I know where I stand

A lot of us worked right through too, no parties, going out or seeing ageing parents or grand children.

How folk stand up for the Tories I'll never know ..they've always been selfish, im-alright-Jack cnuts.

And as for getting paid for doing nothing ..yes, paid by OUR taxes, paid gladly to help towards unfortunate times ..anyone think offshore tax avoidance schemes are clever now? ..Tories? ..FCUK OFF!

I'm not on the fence ..just a bit left of it

over a year ago

"It annoys me that they are so thick that they thought it was OK and that it would not come out.

"

I think they have an over inflated idea of how above the law they are. They think they can do as they please. Most of them were raised to believe it too. I think that's the point of Eton and similar places. Grooming the elite for power.

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I’m split

It’s a cunty thing to do

I dunno where I stand "

I’m a nurse, there’s a Calvert sun amount of pressure that goes with the job.

I didn’t party because I’d have been fined and then sacked.

He should resign!

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I’m split

It’s a cunty thing to do

I dunno where I stand

I’m a nurse, there’s a Calvert sun amount of pressure that goes with the job.

I didn’t party because I’d have been fined and then sacked.

He should resign!

"

That should say “certain amount of pressure.”

over a year ago

Rules, like taxes, only apply to the little people.

over a year ago

"I’m split

It’s a cunty thing to do

I dunno where I stand "

I can honestly say 'sitting on my biscuit' was the worse time ever! I was only furloughed for a couple of months and never suffered with mental health until then, anxiety, loneliness...not seeing my family hurt, cried constantly. Then going back to work I felt like a different person, confidence gone, still cried, I had a breakdown, took me a long time to get back to feeling semi normal....I had it easy though, none of my relatives died....and we all came through unscathed.

So no, I think Boris and his bunch of fuckwits need to resign and not soon enough....

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I don't know why so don't ask me why ......

I dont seem to be disturbed by it at all.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I worked through the whole thing and I lost about 6 months income because the self employment grants were fucked so I didn’t get anything even when I was completely out of work or working at a reduced rate

I’m still not massively bothered by a bit of wine and cheese at Christmas

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I worked through the whole thing and I lost about 6 months income because the self employment grants were fucked so I didn’t get anything even when I was completely out of work or working at a reduced rate

I’m still not massively bothered by a bit of wine and cheese at Christmas"

It wasn't just Christmas though. The first one was May 2020.

By *oonsterblue74Man
over a year ago

Tyne and Wear

It's about integrity. It not the parties, it's the misleading the public and continuous do as much say not as I do attitude. He is made of teflon and any other PM would already be gone by now. I don't think he can survive this time.

By *lder A Wiser Passion OP   Woman
over a year ago

morecambe

There were two before the queen husbands the day before

over a year ago

"It's about integrity. It not the parties, it's the misleading the public and continuous do as much say not as I do attitude. He is made of teflon and any other PM would already be gone by now. I don't think he can survive this time. "

Integrity. That’s exactly what all this is about. The man and the party he leads simply cannot be trusted to tell the truth.

By *irty CatsCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I’m split

It’s a cunty thing to do

***I think it’s easy to judge. They were working through the entire thing, an extremely high pressure job where nothing they did was gonna be well received ***

I dunno where I stand

I agree with this. ***

Actually I agree with it all"

I agree with this too

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

"What about all the people/politicians that were at the parties ? Haven’t heard much about them "

This.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I just keep thinking of the Queen hunched over, sat alone, grieving.

And I think they were out of order.

There are lots of ways to unwind, a party/piss up seems a bit over the top. What happened to scented candles and a bottle of wine to take home and enjoy in private!

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

There is one rule for the elite and one for us.

over a year ago

Fuck the Tories

over a year ago

"***I just keep thinking of the Queen hunched over, sat alone, grieving.***

And I think they were out of order.

There are lots of ways to unwind, a party/piss up seems a bit over the top. What happened to scented candles and a bottle of wine to take home and enjoy in private! "

I think it's just other level disrespectful.

over a year ago

They threw parties while everyone else was locked up at home and many couldn’t be with their family members as they died in hospital alone, I know women who had to give birth without their partners, scared and alone and other people had to attend funerals alone because most of the family couldn’t attend due to restricted numbers.

I have no words...It’s beyond disgusting!!

By *lairekTV/TS
over a year ago

Manchester

Widespread mockery, tis the only way to dig back.

Just order a Boris face mask. It's full facial size, so gives some COVID protection, plus it gives you a warm feeling as you walk about, talking shite about things you have barely researched.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

It shows a lack of integrity and he should go.

We need to start holding politicians to the standards they sign up to.

By *igersfan74Man
over a year ago

All over

I agree with this!!

over a year ago

I think they should introduce a specific party tax.

I’m happy to pay a few pence extra for our hard working and upstanding politicians to let their hair down a few times a year.

Keep up the Stirling work chaps.

Ahoy hoy!

By *mwirralMan
over a year ago

wirral

Not really unexpected when there is no real opposition party there are few consequences to their inappropriate actions.

Just cements the view politicians can't be trusted, they generally tell half truths for a living

over a year ago

"What you all of you make of it and what is the betting this time next week could be as many as 20 or so"

My thoughts on Boris Johnson are no different from before news of Covid rule breaking get togethers. He's mendacious and lacks morals. As does the entire government.

Is this the Politics forum?

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

If I heard it rightly, downing street held wine time fridays every week.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

December 11 2020 a £142 wine chiller was delivered to the Downing Street back door

Post new Message to Thread