Jump to newest

By *lder A Wiser Passion OP   Woman
over a year ago

morecambe

Is this the start of the end of the Royal Family

What you think

Will he at somepoint end up in jail

Do you think Chralie and William ever be king

Do you think this out come that he got to go to court anything to do with how Megan and Harry have both been treated by the royal family That the press over there and the powers at be have got it in for the the Royal family

Finanly do you think if the Queen keeps backing him that she end up at somepoint having to step down

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

The whole thing is just unbelievable. I feel incredibly sorry for the Queen, she must be at her wits end and she hasn't got her husband by her side for support. She must be a very upset and worried lady right now.

By *aliceWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

The Andrew formerly known as Prince

By *ithardscotMan
over a year ago

Kelty

I don't really care about any of them. Let's just become a republic.

By *aiseiMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I think they’ll survive by the skin of their teeth. William and Kate seem as normal as someone could be with the lives they have and for the most part, the Queen is held in high regard.

Andy’s pretty much screwed, though. Even if that chalet ends up being worth enough to cover the legal fees of getting him off the hook, life as he’s been used to is over.

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Let's be honest, nothing any of us say, do or think will effect them one iota. They don't give a shit what we think. It's just of the benefits of being royalty.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

It will never go to court because Andrew will stay out of America.

I think Charles will become king if he lives long enough. If he dies before his mother then William will.

I don't think the people who would make a decision on dismantling the royal family system are ready to do that yet. I don't see what the catalyst would be that would bring it to an end. I wouldn't particularly mind if it happened though. I know I don't pay any attention to them.

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

What would be the methodology by which they were "done away with"? It would make Brexit look like a walk in the park.

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Oliver Cromwell was right about them all.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"What would be the methodology by which they were "done away with"? It would make Brexit look like a walk in the park."

How would it make Brexit look like a walk in the park?

over a year ago

"I don't really care about any of them. Let's just become a republic."

The British Monarchy is nearly a thousand years old and whilst not without faults it has provided a balancing influence to a developing nation, to where we are today. Will it endure? Probably not, although I think Charles and William will serve as kings.

Or we could just have a republic like the US, who turned what should have been one of greatest nations the planet has ever seen into a divided crock in less than 250 years.

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"Is this the start of the end of the Royal Family

What you think

Do you think this out come that he got to go to court anything to do with how Megan and Harry have both been treated by the royal family That the press over there and the powers at be have got it in for the the Royal family

Finanly do you think if the Queen keeps backing him that she end up at somepoint having to step down"

The queen is not backing him, and no I don’t believe that we should get rid of the royal family.

By *ock69erMan
over a year ago

Middle o’ Fife

"It will never go to court because Andrew will stay out of America."

Andy doesn't have to go to America for the case to go ahead. He can Bury his head in the sand here in blighty and just ignore it and it'll still go ahead.

The only way it won't go ahead is for Virginia Whatshername to settle out of court for a suitcase full of cash.

I really hope she doesn't do that.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Is this the start of the end of the Royal Family

What you think

Finanly do you think if the Queen keeps backing him that she end up at somepoint having to step down"

No it isn't the start of the end of the royal family or the monarchy.

No idea if Andrew will go to prison that depends on too many variables not least of which is if he's found guilty of a crime.

Charles will become king followed by William if they both live.

I don't think the current situation with Andrew has anything to do with Meghan and Harry.

The reason the queen has agreed to him stepping out of public life and relinquishing his HRH title and others is partly because its a threat to the monarchy. It would take way more than her supporting her son to make her abdicate, its not simply a case of deciding to do it and going.

The royal family aren't important as individuals they're all expendable and will be cut off without a second thought to preserve the monarchy

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

What if the US court finds in his favour? Something of a dilemma for the Queen, no?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"What if the US court finds in his favour? Something of a dilemma for the Queen, no?"

I don't think so. Its been very clearly indicated that there's no way back for him so whatever the outcome her decision will stand.

By *musedforlifeMan
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It's a civil case not a criminal case. Someone after a big payday...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Hmm..

President Boris..

Nope, just something not right about that is there?

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"What if the US court finds in his favour? Something of a dilemma for the Queen, no?

I don't think so. Its been very clearly indicated that there's no way back for him so whatever the outcome her decision will stand. "

Indeed

Is any parent tarred with the same brush because of the actions of their children

She must be very disappointed in him.

There is a history of the second son in the Royal family being a black sheep

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"What would be the methodology by which they were "done away with"? It would make Brexit look like a walk in the park.

How would it make Brexit look like a walk in the park?"

Every piece of legislation ever written in this country makes reference to HM government. They are inexorably linked to so much of our legal system, police, military etc.

As for people assuming we need an elected head of state, can they explain why any country actually needs one, really? A chimp could do it.

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"What would be the methodology by which they were "done away with"? It would make Brexit look like a walk in the park.

Every piece of legislation ever written in this country makes reference to HM government. They are inexorably linked to so much of our legal system, police, military etc.

As for people assuming we need an elected head of state, can they explain why any country actually needs one, really? A chimp could do it."

Chimp it is then..

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

As for people assuming we need an elected head of state, can they explain why any country actually needs one, really? A chimp could do it.

Chimp it is then.."

I vote Cheetah... he's mates with Tarzan

By *yrman57Man
over a year ago

Ayr

The grand old Duke of York

He had ten thousand .....

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

I’m not a royalist, however they are a business that brings billions into the UK coffers.

Bit like Richard Branson.

The sexuality of the royals has been documented for centuries.

Which is more than members of fab’s sexuality.

The Magna Carta Libertatum was a wonderful document.

over a year ago

"I’m not a royalist, however they are a business that brings billions into the UK coffers."

I very much doubt breaking up the monarchy would cost this country billions. People will still come to view the palace. They could even take a look inside.

Post new Message to Thread