Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cartoons

Jump to newest

By *ayjay218 OP   Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Whatever happened to the 5 minute cartoons that used to be shown after school around 5.30? The likes of Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck etc! I doubt that many people under 30 will know them very well if at all.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Whatever happened to the 5 minute cartoons that used to be shown after school around 5.30? The likes of Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck etc! I doubt that many people under 30 will know them very well if at all. "

Very few kids actually watch TV in the traditional way now, most are streaming from Netflix/Prime etc.., or watching youtube videos.

Cal

By *iss KissWoman
over a year ago

near Coventry

My children never ever watch TV. It's all tictock, you tube and discord

By *ayjay218 OP   Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"My children never ever watch TV. It's all tictock, you tube and discord"
they don’t know what they’re missing with the Road Runner and Wile E Coyote. Neap neap

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yeah mine don't watch TV at all really. It's all youtube..

By *ayjay218 OP   Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Yeah mine don't watch TV at all really. It's all youtube.."
or even British made puppet shows like trumpton! Pugh Pugh Barney Mcgrew Cuthbert Dibble and Grubb. We were obviously much easier to keep amused then

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Yeah mine don't watch TV at all really. It's all youtube.. or even British made puppet shows like trumpton! Pugh Pugh Barney Mcgrew Cuthbert Dibble and Grubb. We were obviously much easier to keep amused then "

They were the good old days. Bring back The Magic Roundabout.

By *innocentMan
over a year ago

Littlehampton

The 80s and 90s were a great time. Bit I think it's a nostalgia thing that makes us old folk cling to the fondness.

Back then ,you can't tell me if we had the chance to watch whatever we wanted with the click of the button ,we would have ignored it over Button Moon.

Cocomelon is pretty great for kids these days .

By *ayjay218 OP   Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"The 80s and 90s were a great time. Bit I think it's a nostalgia thing that makes us old folk cling to the fondness.

Back then ,you can't tell me if we had the chance to watch whatever we wanted with the click of the button ,we would have ignored it over Button Moon.

Cocomelon is pretty great for kids these days ."

without a doubt I would be remote crazy! If when I was a teenager and there was live football on the TV most days I would have been in heaven. Not got the same appeal now though and I avoid most of it unless my team is playing or a big game

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Nephews and nieces watch mostly youtube and netflix now.

By *atindollTV/TS
over a year ago

edinburgh

Up here in Scotland we were all into Glen Michael's Cavalcade,not cos it was a great show but because he had the best cartoons,also the banana splits were another route to good cartoons-not so much the flashing blade (though i only have to think of it and I hear the theme tune).

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't take this for granted but I'm sure that they were banned because they were considered too violent for kids to watch!!! Tom and Jerry hitting each other with a frying pan, attempts to keep blowing up or squashing road runner etc etc. I mean, how pathetic. The old classics were the best

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I miss those times of my childhood

Post new Message to Thread