Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bald/long hair , tall/short, fit/dad bod ...it's all preference, isn't it

Jump to newest

By *agicM53X OP   Man
over a year ago

Orpington

Sure for you ladies it is just preference, but for some of the guys reading threads like that, it's a constant reminder that they will never be good enough (for the vast majority), especially if the comments look more like "I would never date a bald guy/ guy that is under 6'" rather than " I prefer tall guys/ a guy with hair" (yes, there is a difference between the two comments).

Don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say... I'm not saying women should change their preferences, not even close. This thread is more directed to the guys that ask these questions in the forum...because I believe that the real question these men are trying to ask is " do you like my hair?" "Is my height good enough?" "Do you like my body?", rather than asking a generic question in the hopes that the majority of women would choose the option they can fit in... but asking a question so directly, like "hey do you like the way I look?" might be considered too desperate.

Not sure where I'm going with this ...I can see both sides, and I know there are women who ask similar questions...I guess I just wanted to get this off my chest .

I know I know "if you don't like a thread, stay away from it" ... that's a fair point though, can't argue with it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I know what you mean but sometimes people ask a direct question like do you like beards? I will comment no I don’t. But I think when people say no they’re gross then it can be offensive. Also “are tattoos sexy” no I don’t think they are, rather than no I can’t see why anyone would ruin their body like that. It’s how you say things. I’ve answered a few questions with a simple yes or no and people have demanded reasons, got offended etc just because it perhaps wasn’t what they wanted to hear. I kinda see where you’re coming from x

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Don't guys have preferences too though?

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Don't guys have preferences too though?

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc."

I was just thinking this too. Many a time I’ll

See a thread and someone will say I prefer a petite woman and I’ll think ah buggar I liked him . Then I’ll add a private note.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Fair point about them phrasing it that way to try and get positive replies. It must be soul destroying to get no replies to messages. Just one positive reply on a forum thread could make someone's day. (I'm not being sarcastic.)

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc."

Very true

By *izzibeth9Couple
over a year ago

Loughborough

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc."

Very true.

I have a feeling OP was referring to a thread I was just reading about ladies preferring bald men or men with hair and some of the comments were a little scathing...

It's fine to have a preference - everyone has them whether men or women..what I think (and I think OP is saying) is that it's not okay to be derogatory about the thing that isn't your preference, like saying that someone is 'gross' if they're bald.

Some of the comments on that thread by ladies are pretty mean and if it was a thread about ladies and men commented things like 'big boobs are gross' they'd be absolutely crucified.

So ...yes we have preferences but no we don't need to be mean about it!

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I think we can word things more positively, rather than pit one thing against the other. For example ask what is it you like about say big boobs, rather than do you like big boobs and have people say eww no or say something like real women nonsense.

By *izzibeth9Couple
over a year ago

Loughborough

"I think we can word things more positively, rather than pit one thing against the other. For example ask what is it you like about say big boobs, rather than do you like big boobs and have people say eww no or say something like real women nonsense. "

Oh I hate the 'real woman' thing. It's when people are trying to be complimentary to curvier women it gets me because I just think you're then insulting everyone else

By *oah VailMan
over a year ago

Dover

For every cup, there’s a saucer.

You’ve just got to keep looking.

over a year ago

There are a lot of threads that could be upsetting/confidence damaging at times, posted by all genders.

Today's example that stands out is why are all women fat and over 50. Posted by a man....

We are never going to be everyone's cup of tea, and not everyone is going to answer/post threads in a positive way unfortunately, but that is always great for showing who's an utter dick

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I think we can word things more positively, rather than pit one thing against the other. For example ask what is it you like about say big boobs, rather than do you like big boobs and have people say eww no or say something like real women nonsense.

Oh I hate the 'real woman' thing. It's when people are trying to be complimentary to curvier women it gets me because I just think you're then insulting everyone else "

Yep it's a massive bug bear of mine. Comparison is the theif of joy. I think threads can celebrate preferences without having to say A is better than B.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Well, I'm often viewed as nothing more than a free, disposable wet hole as are vast amounts of women so if you're being 'rejected' because someone doesn't find you to be their type, I say you have the upper hand.

over a year ago

Preference for breathing but will accept still warm at a push

over a year ago

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc.

See a thread and someone will say I prefer a petite woman and I’ll think ah buggar I liked him . Then I’ll add a private note. "

You must have more extensive files than a T1000!..

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc.

See a thread and someone will say I prefer a petite woman and I’ll think ah buggar I liked him . Then I’ll add a private note.

You must have more extensive files than a T1000!.. "

Oh I love private notes. Took me 5 years to find them mind . I sometimes read threads and make notes . I don’t even comment. It’s handy . I’d die of anyone could see them

over a year ago

"For every cup, there’s a saucer.

You’ve just got to keep looking. "

What if I only have a mug?..

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc.

Very true.

I have a feeling OP was referring to a thread I was just reading about ladies preferring bald men or men with hair and some of the comments were a little scathing...

It's fine to have a preference - everyone has them whether men or women..what I think (and I think OP is saying) is that it's not okay to be derogatory about the thing that isn't your preference, like saying that someone is 'gross' if they're bald.

Some of the comments on that thread by ladies are pretty mean and if it was a thread about ladies and men commented things like 'big boobs are gross' they'd be absolutely crucified.

So ...yes we have preferences but no we don't need to be mean about it! "

There are threads all over written by men being nasty about types of women just to praise the ones they like.

Look at all the fake or real threads, the curvy 'real women' threads, calling public hair disgusting and unhygienic and thread after thread reducing women to one, homogeneous group.

over a year ago

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc.

Oh I love private notes. Took me 5 years to find them mind . I sometimes read threads and make notes . I don’t even comment. It’s handy . I’d die of anyone could see them "

I bet the word twat appears a lot?

over a year ago

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc.

See a thread and someone will say I prefer a petite woman and I’ll think ah buggar I liked him . Then I’ll add a private note. "

Ok Bergerac

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

Bald guy/full head of hair

Tall guy or woman/short guy or petite

Slim/curvacious

Blue eyes/green eyes

Tattoos/no tattoos

Big boobs/small boobs

Well endowed/average

The list goes on but everyone is different. What trait or physical attribute appeals to you in one person may not attract you to another.

As the James Bond title said - Never say never(again).

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc.

Ok Bergerac "

. You should see the files I have on you!

over a year ago

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc.

Ok Bergerac

. You should see the files I have on you! "

I'm the

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

"There are a lot of threads that could be upsetting/confidence damaging at times, posted by all genders.

Today's example that stands out is why are all women fat and over 50. Posted by a man....

We are never going to be everyone's cup of tea, and not everyone is going to answer/post threads in a positive way unfortunately, but that is always great for showing who's an utter dick "

There’s an actual post about this??

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc.

Oh I love private notes. Took me 5 years to find them mind . I sometimes read threads and make notes . I don’t even comment. It’s handy . I’d die of anyone could see them "

Private notes and 'filter threads'; a marriage made in Fab Heaven

over a year ago

There’s a thread on here every bloody day asking men about their preferences I don’t read them, as I’m not comfortable with some of the objectification that happens on Fab (as someone with feminist tendencies, it can be a tricky place to be at times!). Probably an unpopular view on a swinging site, but hey ...

Anyway, I don’t have a fixed type and am generally happy to take people at face value.

over a year ago

My fucking fat fingers and the tiny wee emojis here. Scrap the angel, and make it the eye-roll one!

over a year ago

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc."

Exactly!!! X

The list goes on and on and on as well

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

"My fucking fat fingers and the tiny wee emojis here. Scrap the angel, and make it the eye-roll one!"

I think the Angel one suits you better anyway

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/01/22 20:41:09]

over a year ago

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc.

Exactly!!! X

The list goes on and on and on as well "

Pipe down Kylie.

over a year ago

Umm, thanks ... I think!?

over a year ago

North West

"There are a lot of threads that could be upsetting/confidence damaging at times, posted by all genders.

We are never going to be everyone's cup of tea, and not everyone is going to answer/post threads in a positive way unfortunately, but that is always great for showing who's an utter dick

There’s an actual post about this??"

There was earlier. It might have been pulled. I didn't deign to answer it.

over a year ago

Think everyone has a type and we do like curvy ladies but have met ladies we wouldn't have thought we would when we first started on here and have enjoyed every minute of their company both in and out of the bedroom.

We've found that finding someone attractive and wanting to jump into bed with them isn't all about looks or body type

over a year ago

Everyone is different and that’s the beauty of life. No one is you and that’s your power, You can’t be good enough for everyone and that’s okay.

Most do have a type and it’s not all about looks. All you can do is be yourself.

over a year ago

its mainly men who post these vr's post ?? i dont know why as it just cause's more problems with there self esteem ....nothing is a given when you join fab absolutly nothing yet so many think there is ....

then add the compitition of a zillion men per woman alot will get nothing just because of this fact alone no mater how much they try or preference or vr's

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I probably have more preferences on here, as I'm just looking for people to sleep with. So I want what I want.

If I was looking for a relationship, my preferences would be less strict.

over a year ago

"I probably have more preferences on here, as I'm just looking for people to sleep with. So I want what I want.

If I was looking for a relationship, my preferences would be less strict. "

Interesting. I’m the opposite and would be stricter in my relationship choices.

By *ancelot1633Man
over a year ago

folkstone

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc."

Yep, all of the above please

over a year ago

North West

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc.

Yep, all of the above please "

A picky chap then?!

over a year ago

over a year ago

Bald. ^

By *heHookyMonsterMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc."

Not for all of us by any means. For me it's about an open, fun and honest personality and just 'clicking' with that person. I can honestly say I've had relationships and fun with just about every physical description, BUT every one of them has been really attractive to me in her own way - call it the 'X factor' if you will.

By *heHookyMonsterMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

We are never going to be everyone's cup of tea, and not everyone is going to answer/post threads in a positive way unfortunately, but that is always great for showing who's an utter dick "

Incredibly well put. Any man who speaks in that manner has just shown himself to be crass, disrespectful and unworthy - not to mention possibly bitter.

On a positive note it must help filter out those types before you even get started.

By *heHookyMonsterMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"There’s a thread on here every bloody day asking men about their preferences I don’t read them, as I’m not comfortable with some of the objectification that happens on Fab (as someone with feminist tendencies, it can be a tricky place to be at times!). Probably an unpopular view on a swinging site, but hey ...

Anyway, I don’t have a fixed type and am generally happy to take people at face value."

Hallelujah! What a rare thing! This comment has genuinely restored my faith to some degree. Thank you!

By *ancelot1633Man
over a year ago

folkstone

Big boobs / small boobs

Big bum / small bum

Long hair / short hair

Blondes / brunette

Etc.

Picky yes but not based on any of the above. I like:

Kind

Sexy

Gentle

Eye contact

Passionate ……

Yep, all of the above please