Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Positivity

Jump to newest

By *rHotNotts OP   Man
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

The days are getting longer, astronomical twilight ended at 6:06 today and the sun began to get its shit together at 125 degrees east. Golden hour started at 7:47 and is ending now at 8:12, hello sun!

It’s a lovely sunrise today, a few clouds but good amount of light and a great time of day to look towards it, take a few deep breaths and appreciate a daily dose of Vitamin D. It takes just 30 seconds to get enough Vit D to stay healthy

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

That's a lovely and positive meteorological assessment. Thank you

By *herry OnatopWoman
over a year ago

Just over there

This makes me smile

By *r.MorningstarMan
over a year ago

Melton Mowbray

Love this post, what a fantastic informative and motivational post to start the day

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Yes there is also a feeling of expectation in the air! Birds are twitapating and getting busy for the new nesting season bulbs are pushing up through the earth! Soon spring will have sprung! X

By *ackandtheunicornCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

Love this. Weather is beautiful in liverpool

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

The day length is currently 8 hours and 10 minutes

Soon be summer

By *esthetic21Man
over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

I love the sun

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Also the sun is good for my hair! It gets a bit darker in winter! As come spring and summer I'm out on my bycicle in my garden or walking in the woods!every spare moment It helps bleach my hair! x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/01/22 08:58:03]

over a year ago

"Yes there is also a feeling of expectation in the air! Birds are twitapating and getting busy for the new nesting season bulbs are pushing up through the earth! Soon spring will have sprung! X"

I saw a murmuration yesterday. It was wonderful.

over a year ago

I love this post.. Be careful with your vit D tho.. The NHS website says:

Winter sunlight

In the UK, sunlight doesn't contain enough UVB radiation in winter (October to early March) for our skin to be able to make vitamin D.

During these months, we rely on getting our vitamin D from food sources (including fortified foods) and supplements.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Yes there is also a feeling of expectation in the air! Birds are twitapating and getting busy for the new nesting season bulbs are pushing up through the earth! Soon spring will have sprung! X

I saw a murmuration yesterday. It was wonderful. "

I see mainly sparrows magpies wood pigeon and robins and of course my favourite starlings! Love them all x

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

"The days are getting longer, astronomical twilight ended at 6:06 today and the sun began to get its shit together at 125 degrees east. Golden hour started at 7:47 and is ending now at 8:12, hello sun!

It’s a lovely sunrise today, a few clouds but good amount of light and a great time of day to look towards it, take a few deep breaths and appreciate a daily dose of Vitamin D. It takes just 30 seconds to get enough Vit D to stay healthy "

So the golden hour lasts for 25 minutes? Ummm….

By *ternal PunishmentCouple
over a year ago

The Abyss

"The days are getting longer, astronomical twilight ended at 6:06 today and the sun began to get its shit together at 125 degrees east. Golden hour started at 7:47 and is ending now at 8:12, hello sun!

It’s a lovely sunrise today, a few clouds but good amount of light and a great time of day to look towards it, take a few deep breaths and appreciate a daily dose of Vitamin D. It takes just 30 seconds to get enough Vit D to stay healthy "

love love love this post..

High tide was at pretty much 8am here so was pretty magical.. pink sky's and the water still like glass

over a year ago

"It takes just 30 seconds to get enough Vit D to stay healthy "

Only if you're perineum sunning

Everyone else will need a little longer

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

I took a gorgeous pic of the sky this morning

By *rHotNotts OP   Man
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

It’s a lovely sunrise today, a few clouds but good amount of light and a great time of day to look towards it, take a few deep breaths and appreciate a daily dose of Vitamin D. It takes just 30 seconds to get enough Vit D to stay healthy

So the golden hour lasts for 25 minutes? Ummm…."

Today yes just 25 mins!

Blue hour was 7:32 to 7:47

Golden hour 7:47 to 8:12

We get another much longer golden hour today at 15:12 to 16:38

By *rHotNotts OP   Man
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"It takes just 30 seconds to get enough Vit D to stay healthy

Only if you're perineum sunning

Everyone else will need a little longer "

Haha that’s an odd one isn’t it. I don't think there’s any evidence at all it works , more likely to risk sunburn and skin cancer!

My doctor advised 30-60 seconds is plenty , eyes closed facing the sun at sunrise or sunset , doing Dantien breathing, it also helps relax , energise and keep good circadian and diurnal rhythms so if you struggle with SAD or lack of sleep , motivation , energy etc it’s good for that too

over a year ago

"Only if you're perineum sunning

Everyone else will need a little longer

Haha that’s an odd one isn’t it. I don't think there’s any evidence at all it works , more likely to risk sunburn and skin cancer!

My doctor advised 30-60 seconds is plenty , eyes closed facing the sun at sunrise or sunset , doing Dantien breathing, it also helps relax , energise and keep good circadian and diurnal rhythms so if you struggle with SAD or lack of sleep , motivation , energy etc it’s good for that too "

I haven't tried it yet but I'll report back when I do (if I don't get arrested)

I love a good sunset walk.

Post new Message to Thread