Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ideal length

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Of a walk/hike? I'm content with 8-10 miles during the warmer months. Especially when I can whip my top off.

5 miles or so when it's cooler - I like to wrap up and be cosy, walking any further will result in uncomfortable sweating.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

When its cold, forever.

In the heat, my back garden is far enough.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I'm the opposite, shorter in the summer as I don't fare well in warm weather, and longer when it's cooler, just layered up so I can add/remove clothes with temperature changes.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

It depends upon the scenery for me; Beautiful vistas and rolling landscapes - I can walk forever.

Somewhere like Bradford however - a few paces to my car and I’m driving the hell outta there!

over a year ago

Can’t beat walking the summer topping the tan up. I was doing about 10 mile a day during the first lockdown

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

4/6 miles for me when I’m outside.

Have done 8.4 on the treadmill today though

over a year ago

I average 6-8 miles every time I go out, regardless of the weather. I prefer to stomp out in the cold and wet vs the heat of summer though. I find it easier to warm up than try and cool down.

over a year ago

I find it easier to cool down than warm up

By *orruptionandliesMan
over a year ago

leeds

When out with the dog no real limits, don't worry about it especially if there is a pub at the end of it

over a year ago

I've often enjoyed walking the dogs so much but then suddenly realise I have to walk the same distance back. Inevitably the last bit back is not as enjoyable as exhaustion sets in!

It's a bit like tucking into a tasty cake..First few mouthfuls are so delicious but all of a sudden you realise you're going to struggle to finish the cake!!

Moral of the story...don't bite off more than you can chew

By *ooBulMan
over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

A good walk around the area in North Yorkshire with a respite at the "Tan Hill Inn" Pub.

It's also a great place to get a lock in when it snows heavily!!!!

over a year ago

That’s a decent hike length tbf, depends on the terrain of course, up and down over boulders or mountains and that’s quite challenging, on gently undulating ground it’s about right. With a nice pub at the end or mid hike too!

And yeah, I’m going to say it, I’m gonna be that person, you’re always welcome to whip that top off and get sweaty with me

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"Of a walk/hike? I'm content with 8-10 miles during the warmer months. Especially when I can whip my top off.

5 miles or so when it's cooler - I like to wrap up and be cosy, walking any further will result in uncomfortable sweating. "

Is there a pub involved ?

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I prefer walking in Winter but power through with the same distance hot or cold. There's no bad weather, only bad preparation

over a year ago

Between 3 and 5 miles. If the scenery is nice it could be a lot longer.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I prefer walking in Winter but power through with the same distance hot or cold. There's no bad weather, only bad preparation "

Oh by the way, that distance is around 6 to 8 miles

over a year ago

"Of a walk/hike? I'm content with 8-10 miles during the warmer months. Especially when I can whip my top off.

5 miles or so when it's cooler - I like to wrap up and be cosy, walking any further will result in uncomfortable sweating.

Is there a pub involved ? "

Sometimes, not always.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Depends on the climb

I’ve gone in a casual hike and covered 15 miles

The 9 up and down snowdon is wrecked me

over a year ago

1km. Then i'm out.

over a year ago

If I just want a bit of exercise 3-5 miles is perfect, this can be a stroll from the house or a quick jaunt up Pen y Fan.

If it's a 'shall we do a nice walk at the weekend' type thing then a good 8-10 miles minimum.

If its a 'let's challenge ourself to x' then whatever distance x is.

Terrain and weather make a massive distance though. I remember going to the Lake District with my ex wife and setting out, she asked where were going and I pointed up at Langdale Pike up there, pointed at Harrison Stickle, behind that then pointed at Pavey Ark , back down that. She said, no, seriously, where are we going? I don't think she ever really believed that walk was only 3.5 miles ...

Mr

over a year ago

"I find it easier to cool down than warm up "

I suspect you'll get far more offers from people to warm you up though.

Mr

over a year ago

5 miles or so when it's cooler - I like to wrap up and be cosy, walking any further will result in uncomfortable sweating. "

You look good with your top off.

I think the same length. But if I get lost in thoughts amd the woods I’m just happy not going home

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

5-10 miles. We'd especially like to bump into you if you're liable to have your top off.

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple
over a year ago

Fucksville

God damn this thread makes me feel lazy

over a year ago

I'll walk for miles in any weather, give e some beautiful scenery and I'd walk all day

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Depends entirely on the temperature and how interesting the route is.

Furthest I've ever walked was 19 miles. Given enough stuff to look at and a cold day, I reckon I could go further and like it.

By *aturistguy1982Man
over a year ago

Maesteg

Anything from a couple of miles up to over 10, all done naked of course, and before anyone says anything it is not illegal

over a year ago

"I'll walk for miles in any weather, give e some beautiful scenery and I'd walk all day "

Let me just get my clothes on and I'll lead.

over a year ago

5-10 miles. We'd especially like to bump into you if you're liable to have your top off. "

I take no responsibility for light-headedness from blood rush.

over a year ago

I find about 10 meters after that my hand gets tired and I nearly spill my tea

By *ngelFire2020Couple
over a year ago

Darlington

depends how far away the car is

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Depends on how I feel, it's really random. Some days I'm fine and others I'm half dead after a few miles. Worst walk last year was on an exposed beach and feeling as though the sand was literally taking my face off lol. I was severely grumpy finishing that walk

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

8” with a bit of girth

over a year ago

"8” with a bit of girth "

I have a dildo that size, would you like me to bring my strap on down round the back of tescos?

over a year ago

"8” with a bit of girth

I have a dildo that size, would you like me to bring my strap on down round the back of tescos? "

Thought you prefered 10"

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

"8” with a bit of girth

I have a dildo that size, would you like me to bring my strap on down round the back of tescos? "

I only shop at Prestos

over a year ago

About 10 mins, im not much of a walker much prefer being on 2 wheels

over a year ago

Depends how long my thighs go without chafing

Also there's not much to look at around here so I quickly get bored. My avg walk is usually around 2 miles but that still gives me some sense of achievement. 5 miles would definitely be Sudocrem territory

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Depends how long my thighs go without chafing

Also there's not much to look at around here so I quickly get bored. My avg walk is usually around 2 miles but that still gives me some sense of achievement. 5 miles would definitely be Sudocrem territory "

. Oh what I’d do for a thigh gap!

By *melia DominaTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Feet dependant... usually 6-8km..

Damn you dodge soles

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Also there's not much to look at around here so I quickly get bored. My avg walk is usually around 2 miles but that still gives me some sense of achievement. 5 miles would definitely be Sudocrem territory "

Oh you need cycle shorts (I use cotton ones so more breathable) and or Asda liquid talc

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"I'm the opposite, shorter in the summer as I don't fare well in warm weather, and longer when it's cooler, just layered up so I can add/remove clothes with temperature changes. "

This for me too, and it depends if I have my kids with me and/or my dogs.

over a year ago

Also there's not much to look at around here so I quickly get bored. My avg walk is usually around 2 miles but that still gives me some sense of achievement. 5 miles would definitely be Sudocrem territory

. Oh what I’d do for a thigh gap! "

The struggle is real

over a year ago

I generally aim for 10 miles but it depends on the surface conditions more than anything.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

The struggle is real "

Like the cycling shorts idea though.

over a year ago

Oh you need cycle shorts (I use cotton ones so more breathable) and or Asda liquid talc "

Ah I do have those but I wear gym leggings for walks which would look bulgey with shorts underneath. Will look into liquid talc though, thank you!

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

The struggle is real

Like the cycling shorts idea though. "

You can get anti chaffing shorts, I've walked miles and miles in a summer dress no problems. They're thinner bit like knicker material so they don't show even with tighter skirts and dresses.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Oh you need cycle shorts (I use cotton ones so more breathable) and or Asda liquid talc

Ah I do have those but I wear gym leggings for walks which would look bulgey with shorts underneath. Will look into liquid talc though, thank you! "

Is it the seam causing the issues? I had to get seamless ones or ones with seams on the outside of the leg for mountain walking.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Ah I do have those but I wear gym leggings for walks which would look bulgey with shorts underneath. Will look into liquid talc though, thank you! "

If that's not enough lanacane is awesome too.

over a year ago

Good 10-12 miles is decent I reckon. Can't get enough of walking in the lakes though so sometimes don't want to stop!

over a year ago

Ah I do have those but I wear gym leggings for walks which would look bulgey with shorts underneath. Will look into liquid talc though, thank you!

Is it the seam causing the issues? I had to get seamless ones or ones with seams on the outside of the leg for mountain walking. "

I think it's just the fact my thighs are fat

Also no crotch area on any pair of bottoms ever actually wants to stick to my crotch, so there's always a little gap where it's just pure flesh on flesh action.

I did order some seamless leggings but the material was so thin and honestly I don't want to subject poor innocent members of the public to that sight

By *iss.ddWoman
over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

I time my walks more than look at distance.

I give myself 1hr as it's all I have to spare and I just see how far I get.

Further in winter and on smooth terrain, shorter when it's hot or rough.

Distance isn't as important to me

By *erfectman122Man
over a year ago

from somewhere nice

Six miles works for me

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

From the sofa to the front door and back.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I love a nice walk. Me and my mate can regularly walk for 3 hours, no idea how far that would be.

I have a dog now so if I'm not working can go out with him sometimes 3 times a day for much shorter walks, usually 40 mins. Can't wait till he's older

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

Walking 4/5 miles is good for me to get some headspace. Running 8/10

Beard

over a year ago

I walk a minimum of 4K a day with the dog, but often 5/6 k. I’m not very good in the heat, but you can walk in the woods where it’s cooler

over a year ago

22.5cm

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

From the bed to the sofa

LvM

over a year ago

"I love a nice walk. Me and my mate can regularly walk for 3 hours, no idea how far that would be.

I have a dog now so if I'm not working can go out with him sometimes 3 times a day for much shorter walks, usually 40 mins. Can't wait till he's older "

It will depend how fast you walk, but generally 15-20mins per mile

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"I love a nice walk. Me and my mate can regularly walk for 3 hours, no idea how far that would be.

I have a dog now so if I'm not working can go out with him sometimes 3 times a day for much shorter walks, usually 40 mins. Can't wait till he's older

It will depend how fast you walk, but generally 15-20mins per mile "

Handy to know, thanks

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"I'm the opposite, shorter in the summer as I don't fare well in warm weather, and longer when it's cooler, just layered up so I can add/remove clothes with temperature changes. "

Same. Just plonk me Infront of a fan on the summer. Cold walking is great.

over a year ago

It’s all about time not length for me, especially in the peaks in rocky or steep terrain and with a dog and time to take pics, brew up with the Kelly kettle etc. give me 3/4 hours and whatever is done in that time will have been worth it

Post new Message to Thread