Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How to feel happy

Jump to newest

By *r. Mac OP   Man
over a year ago

Bexleyheath

Iv reached a point where iv noticed nothing is getting better iv put this stupid smile on now for so long does anyone have any advice

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm not sure how to answer your question but wanted to acknowledge it.

Is there anything in particular making you feel like you can't be happy?

over a year ago

Maybe talking to someone like a counsellor or therapist. Someone who knows how to help.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

have you talked to anybody, a doctor (I know that's difficult both from a personal and practical point of view) or a friend or family member? It can help to share your feelings

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Buy him a drink ... if he says no, there's another 6 to choose from ... although I hear one of them is a right Grumpy bugger.

But seriously, only you know what truly makes you happy .. be true to yourself and accept sometimes, it's ok not to be happy

Hope it comes to you

By *r. Mac OP   Man
over a year ago

Bexleyheath

I hate work my friends have shut me out because they all live in one house told me I can't live with them because they think I'm gonna be a pain I feel lonely all the time and I domt know how to show my emotions to people because I'm worried they will leave me I can't speak my mind to my sons mum because she tells me when I can see him and when we argue she doesn't let me see him as well as she's moving away so I won't see him alot either I just don't know what to do anymore

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Eat better.

Walk in the morning sun.

Slow down.

Enjoy a hobby for at least an hour a day.

Sun your balls.

Block all vegans.

over a year ago

Try doing things differently.

Sell everything and just fuck off somewhere.

If you’re not enjoying your current life choices then make new ones.

Your smile looks fine to me by the way.

over a year ago

You change your cock's name to happy using deepole then walk about holding him all day

over a year ago

"

Block all vegans."

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I hate work my friends have shut me out because they all live in one house told me I can't live with them because they think I'm gonna be a pain I feel lonely all the time and I domt know how to show my emotions to people because I'm worried they will leave me I can't speak my mind to my sons mum because she tells me when I can see him and when we argue she doesn't let me see him as well as she's moving away so I won't see him alot either I just don't know what to do anymore "

is there anybody you can speak to? there's a hopelessness to your words which to my unqualified eyes suggests depression. Speak to a professional

over a year ago

Practical things you could try :

1) join a club or look for activities you like and start making some new friends.

2) citizens advice can, I think, give advice regarding your sons mum moving away

3) a therapist can help you explore your emotions and with expressing yourself

By *heTotalPackageMan
over a year ago

nuneaton

Keep busy, that's the quickest easiest way to make yourself feel better.

Good luck dude

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"I hate work my friends have shut me out because they all live in one house told me I can't live with them because they think I'm gonna be a pain I feel lonely all the time and I domt know how to show my emotions to people because I'm worried they will leave me I can't speak my mind to my sons mum because she tells me when I can see him and when we argue she doesn't let me see him as well as she's moving away so I won't see him alot either I just don't know what to do anymore

is there anybody you can speak to? there's a hopelessness to your words which to my unqualified eyes suggests depression. Speak to a professional "

This

The first step is recognising you need / want some help, and asking for it

over a year ago

"I hate work my friends have shut me out because they all live in one house told me I can't live with them because they think I'm gonna be a pain I feel lonely all the time and I domt know how to show my emotions to people because I'm worried they will leave me I can't speak my mind to my sons mum because she tells me when I can see him and when we argue she doesn't let me see him as well as she's moving away so I won't see him alot either I just don't know what to do anymore "

So sorry you are feeling like this. Have your friends clarified what they mean by their statements? Have you been brutally honest about how you are feeling which sounds pretty

dejected and beaten.

I think first thing is clarity. What are your aims? How can you achieve that?

What support have you got around you? Do you have an outlet? Sport can be great and I know in my area there are walking groups aimed at Men to support mental health, maybe being around others feeling like you do would benefit

Just know you are not alone and you have taken a big step by reaching out here.

Small steps and moving forward, no matter how long it takes....make an appointment with your Dr to talk about your options.

If you are feeling in crisis then get help immediately through Samaritans or NHS who have dedicated helplines to deal with this. Shout is great and will offer text support (I can't post numbers or links because the last time I linked to mental health services I got time out) but Google is you is your friend.

Just don't suffer alone please

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

You should speak to a doctor if you can.

Find things you find rewarding/fulfilling, for yourself, others, or both. Focus on those if you can, while working to improve other things that aren't going so well.

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple
over a year ago

Fucksville

Everything here ^^^

over a year ago

OP... I've been extremely fortunate to work with a highly accredited forensic psychologist who worked at Broadmoor

The biggest revelation i learnt is that "happiness is a choice". It'll take you a longtime to wrap your head around that, if you are like me. Once you consider your choices - unhappiness or happiness... You'll then start to think differently.

Don't think it'll happen overnight tho, its a lifelong journey. Start to look for the positive in every statement /thought ... Do this by starting with a negative thought and turn it into a positive... Have a practice...

.. Omg the planking challenge is too hard, i feel like a failure and i can't do it.. Its been going on forever and its never going to finish, i might as well give up now

Vs

Omg I'm a third of the way through the plank challenge, and I've completed 30 planks already ... That's 30 more than i would have done without the challenge! Maybe i can do another week, taking it one day at a time!

Good luck - feel free to reach out to me if you want to chat further about the choice to be happy

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"

Block all vegans.

"

That wasn't even the funny part of the message either...

C

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

"OP... I've been extremely fortunate to work with a highly accredited forensic psychologist who worked at Broadmoor

The biggest revelation i learnt is that "happiness is a choice". It'll take you a longtime to wrap your head around that, if you are like me. Once you consider your choices - unhappiness or happiness... You'll then start to think differently.

Don't think it'll happen overnight tho, its a lifelong journey. Start to look for the positive in every statement /thought ... Do this by starting with a negative thought and turn it into a positive... Have a practice...

.. Omg the planking challenge is too hard, i feel like a failure and i can't do it.. Its been going on forever and its never going to finish, i might as well give up now

Vs

Omg I'm a third of the way through the plank challenge, and I've completed 30 planks already ... That's 30 more than i would have done without the challenge! Maybe i can do another week, taking it one day at a time!

Good luck - feel free to reach out to me if you want to chat further about the choice to be happy "

Very much agree with this ^^^^^

Life is about choices and we will never get them all right. No one will.

But make the choice today to say that I am going to live a life I want to live. Work out what that life will look like and start to work on it.

Beard

Post new Message to Thread