Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hard to find meets..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So me and my Mr Spend a lot of time on fab trying to find a meet and no one ever commits! It's all talk anyone else find it frustrating? And really hard work? X

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Times are difficult with the whole virus situation. Some folk are worried and don’t wish to indulge. January tends to be a quiet month for a lot, excesses of Christmas, etc.

And you’ve been verified in the past so clearly not everyone is all talk…

over a year ago

Yea I see what you mean.. But people say yes yes yes.. then go quiet and then nothing feel like it's a lot of effort for not much return if you know what I mean x

over a year ago

"Yea I see what you mean.. But people say yes yes yes.. then go quiet and then nothing feel like it's a lot of effort for not much return if you know what I mean x"

I know exactly what you mean X

over a year ago

I hear ya, it must be a real downer to feel ghosted like that. Keep at it, don’t let it get ya down.

By *all Guy 00Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

I'm not getting any meets either. Gets ya down

over a year ago

It doesn't get us down as such.. just we find couples that seem right up our street then they chicken out! How can you convince then that spontaneous is best haha

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I've had quite a few meats this week.

over a year ago

Too many people having an alter ego online

Nerves go when it's time to dance

over a year ago

"I've had quite a few meats this week. "

Haha rub it in why don't you!!! Lol

over a year ago

"It doesn't get us down as such.. just we find couples that seem right up our street then they chicken out! How can you convince then that spontaneous is best haha "

You can't convince anybody to do anything unfortunately. Most couples won't or can't do spontaneous and there will be very many reasons for that. I know that if we meet from our couples profile there will be nothing spontaneous about it except possibly a social only.

over a year ago

The virus is the easy excuse I think at this point. Many people on here like to live in a fantasy world and when it comes down to actually doing something they freak and run. Or they have their wank and get bored. Them people live for the chase and not for the actual meet. I hear this a lot on here and it is usually single guys that are being shamed for it. Guys like that give the genuine people a bad name.

I have also heard of people using fake pictures and stuff like that. When I comes down to meeting they'll never look like what you're expecting

over a year ago

"Too many people having an alter ego online

Nerves go when it's time to dance"

Very true! We're very forward and always stick to our word! If we say we're meeting we are..

over a year ago

"So me and my Mr Spend a lot of time on fab trying to find a meet and no one ever commits! It's all talk anyone else find it frustrating? And really hard work? X"

Yes . 100%

We have come to the conclusion ‘it is what it is’ and that’s the nature of this particular beast. That’s why we have focused predominantly on club meets. Far less hassle.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"I've had quite a few meats this week.

Haha rub it in why don't you!!! Lol"

Man cannot live on bread and water alone.

over a year ago

"It doesn't get us down as such.. just we find couples that seem right up our street then they chicken out! How can you convince then that spontaneous is best haha

You can't convince anybody to do anything unfortunately. Most couples won't or can't do spontaneous and there will be very many reasons for that. I know that if we meet from our couples profile there will be nothing spontaneous about it except possibly a social only. "

yea I know that's how most couples play and that's fine, but it's the ones that say they're in a taxi and you're still that there 2 weeks later haha

over a year ago

I think because so many missed out on Christmas and new year because of Covid, everyone is on a bit of a downer. Lots are still infected and still isolating.

I know I wouldn’t meet at the moment, I can’t afford to catch Covid so I daren’t take any unnecessary risks and I think lots are thinking the same.

over a year ago

"It doesn't get us down as such.. just we find couples that seem right up our street then they chicken out! How can you convince then that spontaneous is best haha

You can't convince anybody to do anything unfortunately. Most couples won't or can't do spontaneous and there will be very many reasons for that. I know that if we meet from our couples profile there will be nothing spontaneous about it except possibly a social only. yea I know that's how most couples play and that's fine, but it's the ones that say they're in a taxi and you're still that there 2 weeks later haha "

Oh I see.

over a year ago

Yes all the time

over a year ago

"The virus is the easy excuse I think at this point. Many people on here like to live in a fantasy world and when it comes down to actually doing something they freak and run. Or they have their wank and get bored. Them people live for the chase and not for the actual meet. I hear this a lot on here and it is usually single guys that are being shamed for it. Guys like that give the genuine people a bad name.

I have also heard of people using fake pictures and stuff like that. When I comes down to meeting they'll never look like what you're expecting"

We don't entertain chit chat usually, we know when they're just in ut for the in the moment wank.. lol its a shame because there's lots of fun to be had..

By *all Guy 00Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

I'd love a chance of a meet

over a year ago

"I think because so many missed out on Christmas and new year because of Covid, everyone is on a bit of a downer. Lots are still infected and still isolating.

I know I wouldn’t meet at the moment, I can’t afford to catch Covid so I daren’t take any unnecessary risks and I think lots are thinking the same. "

Again yes that completely reasonable, and the genuine ones will say that from the start. It's when they say 'get dressed' and then are a no show

over a year ago

"The virus is the easy excuse I think at this point. Many people on here like to live in a fantasy world and when it comes down to actually doing something they freak and run. Or they have their wank and get bored. Them people live for the chase and not for the actual meet. I hear this a lot on here and it is usually single guys that are being shamed for it. Guys like that give the genuine people a bad name.

I have also heard of people using fake pictures and stuff like that. When I comes down to meeting they'll never look like what you're expecting

We don't entertain chit chat usually, we know when they're just in ut for the in the moment wank.. lol its a shame because there's lots of fun to be had.. "

Some guys just generally don't know what they're doing when it comes to talking to women. As you know. Many men are clueless when it comes to dating. They beat themselves up and end up lashing out at the people that reject them. But in reality they're angry at themselves

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Dunno about others but I’ve found spontaneous meets tend to be those who've had a drink or something else. That'll put people off even if you personally haven't as they'll be wondering if it's gonna be filled with sober regret.

over a year ago

"Dunno about others but I’ve found spontaneous meets tend to be those who've had a drink or something else. That'll put people off even if you personally haven't as they'll be wondering if it's gonna be filled with sober regret."

Yea I guess that's a contender too but being on this site doesn't allow for regret does it? We live for the moment.. or is that me being narrow minded?

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"Dunno about others but I’ve found spontaneous meets tend to be those who've had a drink or something else. That'll put people off even if you personally haven't as they'll be wondering if it's gonna be filled with sober regret.

Yea I guess that's a contender too but being on this site doesn't allow for regret does it? We live for the moment.. or is that me being narrow minded? "

I wouldn't say narrow minded but I would say naive.

over a year ago

Many single guys come on here thinking that they're gonna get instant sex as swingers shag about. I know when I first joined the site at 22 I had this assumption. Took me a couple of weeks to figure out that it was about a lot more than just a big orgy. But some guys just don't seem to actually be aware of that reality and just see all the women on here as easy cause they're on a sex site

over a year ago

"Dunno about others but I’ve found spontaneous meets tend to be those who've had a drink or something else. That'll put people off even if you personally haven't as they'll be wondering if it's gonna be filled with sober regret.

Yea I guess that's a contender too but being on this site doesn't allow for regret does it? We live for the moment.. or is that me being narrow minded?

I wouldn't say narrow minded but I would say naive."

Naive.. can't say anyone has ever used that word for me.. (Mrs here btw)

over a year ago

To be honest I think you need to think about what your expectations are. You may well want to be spontaneous and just get down to it, But many others want more of a connection and may take time to build-up. To be honest it sounds you are more likely to find what you are looking for at a club.

over a year ago

"To be honest I think you need to think about what your expectations are. You may well want to be spontaneous and just get down to it, But many others want more of a connection and may take time to build-up. To be honest it sounds you are more likely to find what you are looking for at a club. "

It's hard because in our experience spontaneous has been far better than the build up of other meets, I guess that's why we're looking for like mined coies that like the same. Clubs are on our to do list ASAP.. xx

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

I wouldn’t say we are frustrated or anything gets us down as we can take it or leave it

Fabs is full of timewasters

Genuine ones pop up now again so just give it a while guys

Like someone mentioned ….all this covid stuff has made people a bit wary

Xx

over a year ago

"To be honest I think you need to think about what your expectations are. You may well want to be spontaneous and just get down to it, But many others want more of a connection and may take time to build-up. To be honest it sounds you are more likely to find what you are looking for at a club.

It's hard because in our experience spontaneous has been far better than the build up of other meets, I guess that's why we're looking for like mined coies that like the same. Clubs are on our to do list ASAP.. xx"

You will struggle with the spontaneous meets as most couples have kids and lives so need to plan around them. And the meet now vibe doesn't really seem to get people far on here from what I've seen.

I'm surprised you struggle with meets though. I'd think guys would be crawling all over your inbox

over a year ago

"To be honest I think you need to think about what your expectations are. You may well want to be spontaneous and just get down to it, But many others want more of a connection and may take time to build-up. To be honest it sounds you are more likely to find what you are looking for at a club.

It's hard because in our experience spontaneous has been far better than the build up of other meets, I guess that's why we're looking for like mined coies that like the same. Clubs are on our to do list ASAP.. xx

You will struggle with the spontaneous meets as most couples have kids and lives so need to plan around them. And the meet now vibe doesn't really seem to get people far on here from what I've seen.

I'm surprised you struggle with meets though. I'd think guys would be crawling all over your inbox "

Haha yea guys are! But we don't do single males. That wouldn't be problem! It's a sea of cocks out there haha

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

The other thing about spontaneous:

Lots of folk don't have 9-5 weekday jobs these days. In a lot of couples both need to work to put food on the table and barely get any time together coz of shift work.

Then there's kids and needing to sort babysitters

And as shit as it sounds, saving up. OK I know meeting shouldn't cost anything other than time but there's always gonna be travel expenses and a few other bits n bobs that could be the difference of a hot meal that night or not, especially in the current climate.

For me to get any time off work at the weekend I have to book it as holiday a minimum of a month in advance. There will be plenty like me out there.

By *ildmanYorksMan
over a year ago

Doncaster & Bembridge

"So me and my Mr Spend a lot of time on fab trying to find a meet and no one ever commits! It's all talk anyone else find it frustrating? And really hard work? X"

You're not looking for solo guys otherwise I'd certainly be interested. I'm limited to daytime meets at the moment though.

over a year ago

I'm surprised you struggle with meets though. I'd think guys would be crawling all over your inbox

Haha yea guys are! But we don't do single males. That wouldn't be problem! It's a sea of cocks out there haha "

Just looked at your profile and saw you're not in to single guys.

When it comes to sites like this they are going to be dominated with the any holes a goal kind of guy with the guys with standards in there somewhere.

But as I stated in a previous message. Couples have lives and most have responsibilities like kids. So they would have to arrange a baby sitter or something before they could meet. I'd suggest you not be screaming meet now and maybe have a few couples set up dates for you. I feel like you're being quiet naive like a previous message has stated. Not everyone can just hop out the door and run. Hell most guys probs wouldn't be able to do that

over a year ago

"I've had quite a few meats this week. "

Citation needed

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Citation needed "

(Blows raspberry).

over a year ago

I wouldn't say narrow minded but I would say naive."

Explain why the op is naive please.

People have different expectations and their reasons are just as valid as anyone else’s. Nobody should judge anyone else.

Judge not lest ye be judged

over a year ago

Citation needed

(Blows raspberry). "

Thumbs nose

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Citation needed

(Blows raspberry).

Thumbs nose"

Kinky sod.

over a year ago

Citation needed

(Blows raspberry).

Thumbs nose

Kinky sod. "

If only I got the chance. Unlike yourself I’m in the middle of a meet drought.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Citation needed

(Blows raspberry).

Thumbs nose

Kinky sod.

If only I got the chance. Unlike yourself I’m in the middle of a meet drought. "

Oh crikey - I could never go vegetarian.

over a year ago

Citation needed

(Blows raspberry).

Thumbs nose

Kinky sod.

Oh crikey - I could never go vegetarian. "

Apparently it’s good for the environment if you are into that sort of thing

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Citation needed

(Blows raspberry).

Thumbs nose

Kinky sod.

Apparently it’s good for the environment if you are into that sort of thing "

The more beef I eat - the less methane there is.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

People have different expectations and their reasons are just as valid as anyone else’s. Nobody should judge anyone else.

Judge not lest ye be judged "

It wasn't meant in a derogatory way in the slightest. In fact quite the opposite.

People can be proper cunts and all that glitters isn't gold.

Who is judging? You based on YOUR interpretation of what I wrote.

Naive in this scenario is something I'm glad for them that they are, as it means they haven't been confronted by the spouses of those who've snuck out on the sly, they've not been accused of bad things coz someone has woken full of regret after doing something they'd not have done if they were sober. They've not had d*unk people turn up and get violent.

So you see, naive right here on this subject is really something I wish I'd remained.

over a year ago

Citation needed

(Blows raspberry).

Thumbs nose

Kinky sod.

The more beef I eat - the less methane there is. "

Congratulations you have solved the impending global warming catastrophe we keep hearing about

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Citation needed

(Blows raspberry).

Thumbs nose

Kinky sod.

Congratulations you have solved the impending global warming catastrophe we keep hearing about "

Awww fanks.

Nobel prize for me then.

By *egvisir71Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"The other thing about spontaneous:

Lots of folk don't have 9-5 weekday jobs these days. In a lot of couples both need to work to put food on the table and barely get any time together coz of shift work.

And as shit as it sounds, saving up. OK I know meeting shouldn't cost anything other than time but there's always gonna be travel expenses and a few other bits n bobs that could be the difference of a hot meal that night or not, especially in the current climate.

For me to get any time off work at the weekend I have to book it as holiday a minimum of a month in advance. There will be plenty like me out there."

Whilst these are all valid reasons I think the point the op is making, please correct me if I’m wrong, is that people aren’t giving these reasons, or any other reason, for not meeting, they are just being ghosted or messed around.

Nobody minds if you’re given a reason for not meeting but the site is full of people who talk the talk but then just lead people on and then don’t show or ghost. It boils ma piss

over a year ago

It wasn't meant in a derogatory way in the slightest. In fact quite the opposite.

Naive in this scenario is something I'm glad for them that they are, as it means they haven't been confronted by the spouses of those who've snuck out on the sly, they've not been accused of bad things coz someone has woken full of regret after doing something they'd not have done if they were sober. They've not had d*unk people turn up and get violent.

So you see, naive right here on this subject is really something I wish I'd remained."

I’m sorry to hear that you had bad experiences.

Naive is defined as someone who has lack of experience, wisdom or judgment.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"The other thing about spontaneous:

For me to get any time off work at the weekend I have to book it as holiday a minimum of a month in advance. There will be plenty like me out there.

Whilst these are all valid reasons I think the point the op is making, please correct me if I’m wrong, is that people aren’t giving these reasons, or any other reason, for not meeting, they are just being ghosted or messed around.

Nobody minds if you’re given a reason for not meeting but the site is full of people who talk the talk but then just lead people on and then don’t show or ghost. It boils ma piss

"

You're correct, I'm just giving reasons why many people can't do spontaneous meets which is what they're after, which of course will narrow the "meet pool" massively and make them harder to find.

over a year ago

Citation needed

(Blows raspberry).

Thumbs nose

Kinky sod.

Congratulations you have solved the impending global warming catastrophe we keep hearing about

Awww fanks.

Nobel prize for me then. "

If it was up to me,I would award you that honour immediately

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

So you see, naive right here on this subject is really something I wish I'd remained.

Naive is defined as someone who has lack of experience, wisdom or judgment. "

Exactly, and lack of experience in situations like this is a good thing, and one that's far better for the soul than being on the opposite end.

over a year ago

Exactly, and lack of experience in situations like this is a good thing, and one that's far better for the soul than being on the opposite end."

How do you know that the op has a lack of anything?

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Exactly, and lack of experience in situations like this is a good thing, and one that's far better for the soul than being on the opposite end.

How do you know that the op has a lack of anything? "

Jesus wept man, are you looking for an argument for the sake of it?

There are things in this world that happen, which stop you in your tracks and you will do anything never to put yourself in that situation again.

I used to do spontaneous meets, and then shit happened which has put me off. You can only get burnt so many times before you change the way you do things.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"It doesn't get us down as such.. just we find couples that seem right up our street then they chicken out! How can you convince then that spontaneous is best haha "
this is why I don't like to arrange meets. As it feels to expected. Even when I was on as a couple I'd only ever commit to meeting for a social and see. Yet it always was made to feel like you were wasting time if you didn't commit to something.

This is why I just go to clubs... all all spontaneity, no pressure, no aggro

over a year ago

There are things in this world that happen, which stop you in your tracks and you will do anything never to put yourself in that situation again.

I used to do spontaneous meets, and then shit happened which has put me off. You can only get burnt so many times before you change the way you do things."

I apologise if I have offended you in any way.

But what has your experience’s got anything to do with the op’s?

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I used to do spontaneous meets, and then shit happened which has put me off. You can only get burnt so many times before you change the way you do things.

But what has your experience’s got anything to do with the op’s? "

Dude, if you don't get what I'm clearly saying, no matter how many more times I try to explain it ain't gonna hit the mark.

over a year ago

Dude, if you don't get what I'm clearly saying, no matter how many more times I try to explain it ain't gonna hit the mark."

“Naive in this scenario is something I'm glad for them that they are”

How do you know that?

I’ve never herded cattle , but I’m half decent at archery.

By *egvisir71Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire

Dude, if you don't get what I'm clearly saying, no matter how many more times I try to explain it ain't gonna hit the mark."

Nobody knows what experiences the ops have had as they haven’t said so I think naive is perhaps the wrong description for what you’re trying to say peach

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Dude, if you don't get what I'm clearly saying, no matter how many more times I try to explain it ain't gonna hit the mark.

“Naive in this scenario is something I'm glad for them that they are”

How do you know that?

I’ve never herded cattle , but I’m half decent at archery. "

OK fine. OP, have you ever had really fucking frightening experiences from all those spontaneous meets you haven't had yet?

They're literally saying they can't get spontaneous meets. How can they have experience without doing it?

I'm giving reasons some people don't do them, based on experiences I've had, things I've witnessed and times I've wondered if I'm about to die or end up banged up.

over a year ago

Nobody knows what experiences the ops have had as they haven’t said so I think naive is perhaps the wrong description for what you’re trying to say peach "

Thank you

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Nobody knows what experiences the ops have had as they haven’t said so I think naive is perhaps the wrong description for what you’re trying to say peach "

But they can still be naive to the experiences others have had, which makes other people not prepared to meet spontaneously.

over a year ago

Nobody knows what experiences the ops have had as they haven’t said so I think naive is perhaps the wrong description for what you’re trying to say peach

But they can still be naive to the experiences others have had, which makes other people not prepared to meet spontaneously. "

Are you saying that nobody should have spontaneous meet’s because of your experience’s?

Maybe as a couple it wouldn’t be as risky?

By *hunderace...Man
over a year ago

Dudley

[Removed by poster at 10/01/22 02:22:00]

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

But they can still be naive to the experiences others have had, which makes other people not prepared to meet spontaneously.

Are you saying that nobody should have spontaneous meet’s because of your experience’s?

Maybe as a couple it wouldn’t be as risky? "

Not in the slightest. I'm merely explaining the lack of interest in spontaneous meets and reasons others have

If I was suggesting they shouldn't do spontaneous meets coz of my own personal experience I'd be a bit of a prick don't ya think. I'd also say "yo people, don't do spontaneous meets coz I said so and I'm a fucking wanker"

Is it that difficult to understand that just as the OP will like to do things one way, others will like to do things a different way?

All I've done is given reasons.

I notice the reason I gave about work and kids hasn't been dissected to the enth degree. I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll be able to find a problem with it.

over a year ago

Not in the slightest. I'm merely explaining the lack of interest in spontaneous meets and reasons others have

If I was suggesting they shouldn't do spontaneous meets coz of my own personal experience I'd be a bit of a prick don't ya think. I'd also say "yo people, don't do spontaneous meets coz I said so and I'm a fucking wanker"

Is it that difficult to understand that just as the OP will like to do things one way, others will like to do things a different way?

I notice the reason I gave about work and kids hasn't been dissected to the enth degree. I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll be able to find a problem with it."

And all I’m saying is that maybe you chose the wrong word when describing the op, when you know nothing about them.

Anyway I’m off to wank furiously over babestation.

By *egvisir71Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire

I notice the reason I gave about work and kids hasn't been dissected to the enth degree. I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll be able to find a problem with it."

I totally get that you’re giving possible reasons for people not wanting to meet but that doesn’t make the op naive.

If it does then is everyone naive?

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I notice the reason I gave about work and kids hasn't been dissected to the enth degree. I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll be able to find a problem with it.

I totally get that you’re giving possible reasons for people not wanting to meet but that doesn’t make the op naive.

"

I'm naive to the experiences of others, coz I've not heard everyone else's experiences. I'd be foolish to think I knew it all or could gauge why everyone does things the way they do without living their life or listening to their story.

By *egvisir71Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire

I'm naive to the experiences of others, coz I've not heard everyone else's experiences. I'd be foolish to think I knew it all or could gauge why everyone does things the way they do without living their life or listening to their story."

I understand what you’re saying but naive has negative connotations and is generally used in the same context as ignorant, which isn’t what you mean I believe. If you were to say ‘unaware’ instead then that is a more appropriate description, as most people are unaware of others experiences unless they are told.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I'm naive to the experiences of others, coz I've not heard everyone else's experiences. I'd be foolish to think I knew it all or could gauge why everyone does things the way they do without living their life or listening to their story.

I understand what you’re saying but naive has negative connotations and is generally used in the same context as ignorant, which isn’t what you mean I believe. If you were to say ‘unaware’ instead then that is a more appropriate description, as most people are unaware of others experiences unless they are told. "

Naive is only negative if you're looking for it as a negative. I'm happy to use it towards myself and if people can't work out that I haven't once meant it negatively or in a derogatory way, then I'll allow them to think I'm a cunt and leave me the fuck alone. Naive and unaware are the same thing, neither is offensive or rude unless offence is being looked for.

By *egvisir71Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire

I understand what you’re saying but naive has negative connotations and is generally used in the same context as ignorant, which isn’t what you mean I believe. If you were to say ‘unaware’ instead then that is a more appropriate description, as most people are unaware of others experiences unless they are told.

Naive is only negative if you're looking for it as a negative. I'm happy to use it towards myself and if people can't work out that I haven't once meant it negatively or in a derogatory way, then I'll allow them to think I'm a cunt and leave me the fuck alone. Naive and unaware are the same thing, neither is offensive or rude unless offence is being looked for.

"

Ok night x

over a year ago

"

Naive doesn’t have negative connotations. It’s a way of describing someone.

I don’t think you are a cunt. It’s a public forum and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I suggested you used the word naive in the wrong context.

I’m the big scheme of things what does it matter.

over a year ago

Naive doesn’t have negative connotations. It’s a way of describing someone.

I don’t think you are a cunt. It’s a public forum and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I suggested you used the word naive in the wrong context.

I’m the big scheme of things what does it matter. "

Sorry if I've started a heated debate lol.. I think nieve in this world is a strong word to use as everyone had their likes and dislikes.. we've explored together and separately and we know what we like.. nieve we are not x

over a year ago

"Yea I see what you mean.. But people say yes yes yes.. then go quiet and then nothing feel like it's a lot of effort for not much return if you know what I mean x"

It depends on what return you want. Quantity and quality is mentioned a lot here (esp in profiles). I’d rather one absolute star I could call a friend as an outcome, so my energy spent is not an issue.

Hopefully it changes for you and you start to find good people here op that could change your mind. Or, take a break and maybe you’ll have people giving the effort we all like somewhere else maybe?

over a year ago

"Yea I see what you mean.. But people say yes yes yes.. then go quiet and then nothing feel like it's a lot of effort for not much return if you know what I mean x

It depends on what return you want. Quantity and quality is mentioned a lot here (esp in profiles). I’d rather one absolute star I could call a friend as an outcome, so my energy spent is not an issue.

Hopefully it changes for you and you start to find good people here op that could change your mind. Or, take a break and maybe you’ll have people giving the effort we all like somewhere else maybe? "

It reads patronising sometimes I know, but it’s not supposed to be, just trying to help you see how I put things in perspective.

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

Yes!

over a year ago

"So me and my Mr Spend a lot of time on fab trying to find a meet and no one ever commits! It's all talk anyone else find it frustrating? And really hard work? X

Yes!"

It’s not dial a shag you know!!!

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

"So me and my Mr Spend a lot of time on fab trying to find a meet and no one ever commits! It's all talk anyone else find it frustrating? And really hard work? X

Yes!

It’s not dial a shag you know!!! "

That's not how you sold it to me before

over a year ago

We've found the same.. That's why our profile has been, essentially, put on lockdown. No pics on display and we haven't renewed out membership. We didn't want to delete our profile as we still talk to some friends on here and we'd lose our verifications. Maybe it'll change in a few months...

over a year ago

Yes!

It’s not dial a shag you know!!!

That's not how you sold it to me before "

By *corpio 50Man
over a year ago

waterlooville

Very true lot of people message and chat but never i will meet

over a year ago

There are a lot of fantasists in here but we’ve devised some simple strategies to thin them out a bit.

Never respond to one line messages and bare minimum profiles.

Only meet people photo verified and verified by meeting.

We insist on a face picture on first or second message.

Move the convo quickly to WhatsApp or phone if they won’t then end it.

If second offer of social meet is declined for any reason then end it.

Harsh but saves time and disappointment ultimately.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Thats normal on here, out after 10 conversations with people I find attractive. 9 will do the 2 day fade and I'll get to meet 1 of them. If I'm looking for a meet now I'd rather use a club tbh

By *inja 636Man
over a year ago

Grays

You could try other places or sites

By *xxLandNxxxCouple
over a year ago

Nuneaton

This is the reasons we go to clubs, we have chatted with many people on here we’d love to meet but with shift patterns changing and a family it can be hard to get something sorted.

over a year ago

Pint

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

What were your expectations ?

You've been here a relatively short time, do you sell yourselves what makes you different to countless other couples profiles seeking a lady?

If things ain't working change something

over a year ago

Replace “meet” with “meat” and you’ll be much happier

over a year ago

We have found more often than not the male of the couple is very pushy. Start a dialogue but very quickly the male suddenly is pushing for a meet.

Very rarely do you ever get to chat to the female other than a confirmation phonecall etc.

So we back off "thank you no thanks" then you are branded time wasters.

By *ickedwillyCouple
over a year ago

Bangor

Meets happen naturally both couples equally wanting the meet.

over a year ago

Try being a single male then

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

I’ve given up on fab for very much the same reason. I leave fab to hubby now and only pop on if I want to catch up or have a quick peak on the forum. At least now I don’t get frustrated by people that drag out arranging to meet or who never get back to you once they realise your serious about meeting!

over a year ago

I know I’ve only been here 3 months, but I’ve chatted to a few people, met a couple for a beer but in all honesty I prefer it so much more in the real world.

There’s nothing better than locking eyes over a crowded room, then having your brains fked out 2 hours later…

over a year ago

"I know I’ve only been here 3 months, but I’ve chatted to a few people, met a couple for a beer but in all honesty I prefer it so much more in the real world.

There’s nothing better than locking eyes over a crowded room, then having your brains fked out 2 hours later… "

I think it is becoming the more norm, said this in other threads. We/I am here mainly to chat to friends. We have no expectation of meeting here, if it happens bonus.

Certainly over recent years most of the meets, if you can call them that, would say more encounters are off this site in the real world.

FAB has its place but it is no longer the goto place for meets, certainly not for us

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Same ... Let down twice over the weekend, both times my single men who I'd already met for a social. One within an hour of him supposed to be arriving. Really grinds my gears!

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"Same ... Let down twice over the weekend, both times my single men who I'd already met for a social. One within an hour of him supposed to be arriving. Really grinds my gears!"

If only I was younger, closer, better looking, thinner - I'd not let you down.

Post new Message to Thread