Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fake profiles/time wasters

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So what’s your advice on spotting fake profiles or how to catch one out?

It Aha happened to me before where I’ll get blocked last minute before a meet or they just won’t send a pic etc. So any advice and tips on how to uncover the fakes would be appreciated

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

Unfortunately some will have verified themselves and may use other people's pics so it's hard to say. Once you get used to the site you'll be able to spot them

By *jekimMan
over a year ago

Wigan

It's getting beyond a joke with fakes an people wanting money for shit

over a year ago

"Unfortunately some will have verified themselves and may use other people's pics so it's hard to say. Once you get used to the site you'll be able to spot them "

Can people fake the photo verification?

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

Cross references the verifications. Look at who has verified them, then look at who has verified those verifications, and so on. If there's a reasonably wide network there, they are probably genuine, unless they are running around twenty verified profiles of course, but that's unlikely.

over a year ago

"It's getting beyond a joke with fakes an people wanting money for shit "

It honestly is, everyday new ones pop up and I just wish it wasn’t like this. It really does ruin the site

over a year ago

"Cross references the verifications. Look at who has verified them, then look at who has verified those verifications, and so on. If there's a reasonably wide network there, they are probably genuine, unless they are running around twenty verified profiles of course, but that's unlikely. "

Yupp, this is something I try to do. But some people have hidden the verifications.

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

"Unfortunately some will have verified themselves and may use other people's pics so it's hard to say. Once you get used to the site you'll be able to spot them

Can people fake the photo verification? "

Apparently so

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

"Cross references the verifications. Look at who has verified them, then look at who has verified those verifications, and so on. If there's a reasonably wide network there, they are probably genuine, unless they are running around twenty verified profiles of course, but that's unlikely. "

Not everyone shows their verifications

over a year ago

"Unfortunately some will have verified themselves and may use other people's pics so it's hard to say. Once you get used to the site you'll be able to spot them

Apparently so"

Oh wow. We’ll just now I told someone if they can FaceTime/call to prove they are real but they said they don’t do FaceTimes which was a big red flag.

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"

Oh wow. We’ll just now I told someone if they can FaceTime/call to prove they are real but they said they don’t do FaceTimes which was a big red flag. "

Maybe they have Android...

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

Apparently so

Oh wow. We’ll just now I told someone if they can FaceTime/call to prove they are real but they said they don’t do FaceTimes which was a big red flag. "

I don't do facetime, give my number out or anything as stated on my profile. I mean imagine if I did to everyone who asked. I prefer to chat get to know someone. You can usually tell by the way people speak if they're full of shit or not

over a year ago

"

Oh wow. We’ll just now I told someone if they can FaceTime/call to prove they are real but they said they don’t do FaceTimes which was a big red flag.

Maybe they have Android..."

Wattsapp works on all devices haha

over a year ago

Apparently so

I don't do facetime, give my number out or anything as stated on my profile. I mean imagine if I did to everyone who asked. I prefer to chat get to know someone. You can usually tell by the way people speak if they're full of shit or not"

True but from text you never know someoen, that’s why if they can call/FaceTime it’ll show if there real and willing to go more personal

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"

Wattsapp works on all devices haha"

Almost all modern smartphones*

That is still giving your number to a potential loon. I prefer lil sub's approach of talking and getting to know them.

over a year ago

"

That is still giving your number to a potential loon. I prefer lil sub's approach of talking and getting to know them. "

True, I shall do that from now on. So much thinking just to see if someone’s real or not. Why can’t it be simple

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

"

That is still giving your number to a potential loon. I prefer lil sub's approach of talking and getting to know them.

True, I shall do that from now on. So much thinking just to see if someone’s real or not. Why can’t it be simple "

Oh the simple life we can only dream of

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

I am acutely aware that many hide their verifications, and I can never quite work out why because, you can select the verifications that you wish to show, therefore even just one or two dating back over the number of years a person has been on here, should be interpreted as a user with experience, who is not going to be a daydreamer, time waster or wannabe, with the verification summery revealing the big picture of a persons popularity. Hidden verifications send alarm bells out to me straight away, and the person doesn't even get as far as an invitation to meet.

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

"I am acutely aware that many hide their verifications, and I can never quite work out why because, you can select the verifications that you wish to show, therefore even just one or two dating back over the number of years a person has been on here, should be interpreted as a user with experience, who is not going to be a daydreamer, time waster or wannabe, with the verification summery revealing the big picture of a persons popularity. Hidden verifications send alarm bells out to me straight away, and the person doesn't even get as far as an invitation to meet. "

I hide mine because I don't want guys to think a meet with them may be the same, and they do. In example one may have said we did something so they'll immediately think I'm down to do that with them.

over a year ago

"I am acutely aware that many hide their verifications, and I can never quite work out why because, you can select the verifications that you wish to show, therefore even just one or two dating back over the number of years a person has been on here, should be interpreted as a user with experience, who is not going to be a daydreamer, time waster or wannabe, with the verification summery revealing the big picture of a persons popularity. Hidden verifications send alarm bells out to me straight away, and the person doesn't even get as far as an invitation to meet.

I hide mine because I don't want guys to think a meet with them may be the same, and they do. In example one may have said we did something so they'll immediately think I'm down to do that with them. "

Understandable

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Apparently so

Yes it's not difficult with the chat rooms here to just pop on and say hi! When I suggest this some will say whatsapp but that means giving number out which I dont do anymore I'm often in chat rooms flashing anyways x

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

Apparently so

Yes it's not difficult with the chat rooms here to just pop on and say hi! When I suggest this some will say whatsapp but that means giving number out which I dont do anymore I'm often in chat rooms flashing anyways x"

I have webcam verifications, however not everyone would be comfortable going on them as they're not private

over a year ago

Apparently so

Yes it's not difficult with the chat rooms here to just pop on and say hi! When I suggest this some will say whatsapp but that means giving number out which I dont do anymore I'm often in chat rooms flashing anyways x"

In chat rooms flashing away.. noted hahaha

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Apparently so

Yes it's not difficult with the chat rooms here to just pop on and say hi! When I suggest this some will say whatsapp but that means giving number out which I dont do anymore I'm often in chat rooms flashing anyways x

I have webcam verifications, however not everyone would be comfortable going on them as they're not private"

True! But if it's just to show face dont see a problem? X

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Lots of fakes about its annoy, and well the time wasters are just beyond hope they sort it soon

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

Apparently so

I have webcam verifications, however not everyone would be comfortable going on them as they're not private

True! But if it's just to show face dont see a problem? X"

I guess not everyone would be happy showing their face on here x

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Apparently so

In chat rooms flashing away.. noted hahaha "

Yes! One of my kinks love being a excorbishonist! Most of my verris are from chat rooms here x

over a year ago

"I am acutely aware that many hide their verifications, and I can never quite work out why because, you can select the verifications that you wish to show, therefore even just one or two dating back over the number of years a person has been on here, should be interpreted as a user with experience, who is not going to be a daydreamer, time waster or wannabe, with the verification summery revealing the big picture of a persons popularity. Hidden verifications send alarm bells out to me straight away, and the person doesn't even get as far as an invitation to meet. "

I haven’t shown mine on any account since people started to contact my veri’s,

one even trying to set up a threesome and told my veri not to tell me it would be a threesome. Luckily my veri is a decent man and showed me what was said. That was the last time I had veri’s visible. Would never have them up again.

over a year ago

"I am acutely aware that many hide their verifications, and I can never quite work out why because, you can select the verifications that you wish to show, therefore even just one or two dating back over the number of years a person has been on here, should be interpreted as a user with experience, who is not going to be a daydreamer, time waster or wannabe, with the verification summery revealing the big picture of a persons popularity. Hidden verifications send alarm bells out to me straight away, and the person doesn't even get as far as an invitation to meet.

one even trying to set up a threesome and told my veri not to tell me it would be a threesome. Luckily my veri is a decent man and showed me what was said. That was the last time I had veri’s visible. Would never have them up again.

"

Damn that’s kinda weird. Your pics look hella good btw

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

"

I had a weird stalker woman contact all my veri's once slating me that I'm a slag and not who I declare to be. Rather ironic

People be crazy!!

By *echnosonic_BrummieMan
over a year ago

Willenhall

"

I guess not everyone would be happy showing their face on here x"

No...they might show Grumpy, Dopey, Bashful, Sleepy, Sneezy or Doc instead...

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

"

I guess not everyone would be happy showing their face on here x

No...they might show Grumpy, Dopey, Bashful, Sleepy, Sneezy or Doc instead...

"

Usually all the faces I show

over a year ago

Too fucking true that x

over a year ago

I had a weird stalker woman contact all my veri's once slating me that I'm a slag and not who I declare to be. Rather ironic

People be crazy!! "

There are some real worrying types on here, like any other platform. Not sure why people wonder why some are so cautious.

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

People be crazy!!

There are some real worrying types on here, like any other platform. Not sure why people wonder why some are so cautious. "

Exactly x

over a year ago

Willenhall

"

Usually all the faces I show "

Doc...?

over a year ago

People be crazy!!

There are some real worrying types on here, like any other platform. Not sure why people wonder why some are so cautious. "

I stay very cautious and the usual fakes reply with “why so many questions”

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

"

Usually all the faces I show

Doc...?"

Only on Sundays

over a year ago

Willenhall

"

Doc...?

Only on Sundays "

Well, it's Sunday. Can you please have a look at this strange growth that's just appeared?

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

"

Doc...?

Only on Sundays

Well, it's Sunday. Can you please have a look at this strange growth that's just appeared?"

I'll see what I can do with it

over a year ago

Apparently so

I don't do facetime, give my number out or anything as stated on my profile. I mean imagine if I did to everyone who asked. I prefer to chat get to know someone. You can usually tell by the way people speak if they're full of shit or not

True but from text you never know someoen, that’s why if they can call/FaceTime it’ll show if there real and willing to go more personal "

I won’t give out my number, and I definitely won’t video call someone from here. If they can’t take time to get to know me, then I’m not interested.

over a year ago

They must be gutted.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/01/22 07:08:27]

over a year ago

I won't facetime, I won't give out my number and I have my verifications hidden.

Dam, I'm fake.

over a year ago

"So what’s your advice on spotting fake profiles or how to catch one out?

It Aha happened to me before where I’ll get blocked last minute before a meet or they just won’t send a pic etc. So any advice and tips on how to uncover the fakes would be appreciated"

Tighten your message filters....

It's usually the lack of that most get through

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

The subject of camming or facetiming usually pops up on these threads or when people ask for advice on getting verifications and it's suggested as a simple solution.

I've been here 5 years and I've yet to chat to any woman who would be comfortable going on cam. I've never asked because it's not something I'm interested in and prefer to put a little effort into getting to know people, but if the subject was ever discussed it was a hard no and I don't blame them.

Cam rooms are most people's go to solution but yet my experience in there is to be completely ignored and I'm not a newbie or rookie.

I've gone into various cam rooms on numerous occasions during my time on the site and I'm still waiting on someone to even acknowledge that I was there.

I've been in camrooms with people I engage with most days in the forums so they know who I am and yet when I've made a comment it's ignored.

It might be a solution for anyone who's prepared to play on cam but it definitely isn't for anyone who is wary of showing their face.

over a year ago

It Aha happened to me before where I’ll get blocked last minute before a meet or they just won’t send a pic etc. So any advice and tips on how to uncover the fakes would be appreciated"

Don't do sex chat or send pics before you've met them in person. Most likely 'she' is just a man wanking.

over a year ago

If they won't add me on Bebo then I know they're fake.

Instant block.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/01/22 08:19:06]

over a year ago

Apparently so

Not necessarily, we've never video called, but we and those we have met are genuine

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

It Aha happened to me before where I’ll get blocked last minute before a meet or they just won’t send a pic etc. So any advice and tips on how to uncover the fakes would be appreciated

Don't do sex chat or send pics before you've met them in person. Most likely 'she' is just a man wanking."

Realises I'm a man

over a year ago

I make everybody do a captcha request and select all boxes with traffic lights first before I engage

over a year ago

"I make everybody do a captcha request and select all boxes with traffic lights first before I engage "

Do you know how many times i've failed them

over a year ago

"I make everybody do a captcha request and select all boxes with traffic lights first before I engage

Do you know how many times i've failed them "

over a year ago

Don't do sex chat or send pics before you've met them in person. Most likely 'she' is just a man wanking.

Realises I'm a man "

over a year ago

Apparently so

I dont do face time - because I dont want to give out my number to strangers, I will meet in a public place! I Dont give out pics as Once they are out there I have no control of what happens to them x

over a year ago

Apparently so

I dont do face time - because I dont want to give out my number to strangers, I will meet in a public place! I Dont give out pics as Once they are out there I have no control of what happens to them x "

Understandable

over a year ago

Apparently so

why a red flag? I wouldnt face time because i dont have face book. So dose that make me fake

over a year ago

Apparently so

Oh wow. We’ll just now I told someone if they can FaceTime/call to prove they are real but they said they don’t do FaceTimes which was a big red flag. why a red flag? I wouldnt face time because i dont have face book. So dose that make me fake

"

Face time is Apple and phone number isn't it?

over a year ago

Apparently so

Oh wow. We’ll just now I told someone if they can FaceTime/call to prove they are real but they said they don’t do FaceTimes which was a big red flag. why a red flag? I wouldnt face time because i dont have face book. So dose that make me fake

"

Face time is Apple iProducts video call.

I'm assuming he meant video call, rather than this specific one.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Reverse image Search is always good for catfish.

Don't indulge in sex chat early on.

Ask for a social first.

But even then, people can still waste your time!

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Apparently so

I don't do face time/phone calls. Due to anxiety. I'd rather meet in person. So that doesn't mean much

By *elightfulharmonyWoman
over a year ago

Cheshire

"

Sorry to hear you experienced that, that’s fooked up

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple
over a year ago

Fucksville

Apparently so

We don't do facetime or similar. Our kids are usually around and they never sleep. I like to think our profile speaks for itself.

Also gut instinct is key. If you think somethings off it probably is so block and move on. Surely noone is that desperate for a shag to pursue it and waste your time???

Post new Message to Thread