Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How long?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Two curious questions for the people of this community, from a new member:

- For how long do you chat with someone before meeting?(I know this may vary based on gender and the type of meet)

- How long was it before you had your first meet when you joined?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Well I've been on here for about 15 years, although I never really actively used the site for about the first 3 of them, but when I started looking, it took me about 9 months

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

He keeps the time ^

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Months!

I’m no quick shag!

You can hear Simon Bates rubbing his hands together and playing “our tune” when I get messaging.

On the plus side, 5 times out of ten the sex is awesome

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Well I've been on here for about 15 years, although I never really actively used the site for about the first 3 of them, but when I started looking, it took me about 9 months "

Wow, 15 years!!! Are you like the creator/owner of the site?

over a year ago

I’ve ranged from months to hours. Depends on the level of connection and sexual energy.

First meet…..a few weeks after joining.

over a year ago

On my first single account a few weeks.

On my prior couples account I have no idea because he ran it.

over a year ago

About 30 seconds.

Also about 30 seconds.

If you’re wondering…. Yeah, about 30 seconds.

By *olourpurpleMan
over a year ago

Waterford

I think it depends on how well you click with someone and how close they are. In theory you could meet after a few hours chatting but usually a few days.

My first meet was after a couple of months on fab.

By *izzibeth9Couple
over a year ago

Loughborough

So, being entirely honest we like to chat for a bit before arranging anything, and even then a social first.

If we get on with someone, we usually arrange a meet within a half dozen or so messages, sometimes a few more, but ironically the better we get on the more we'll probably chat.

We much prefer a social first because honestly, it's so hard to find people who can hold a conversation in the first place, and then even some of those turn out to be the wrong kind of weird.

But yeah, a solid 75%+ of our 'good' conversations ultimately die off. That's just the game I guess! We've had more decent unplanned meets in clubs than planned from Fab.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I chat a good while before meeting. I find it helps avoid my getting stood up, and by the time we meet it feels like I'm meeting someone I already know.

Bear in mind that timescales are very different on here for women and men. I had my first social around 4 weeks after I joined, first play meet around three weeks later.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

It all depends on location, how well we get on and availability to meet. I've met people after years, months and days.

I like to get to know people a bit but I'd never rule out meeting someone the same day I started talking to them if we both felt comfortable to do so but I'll never force anything and I leave the ball in their court.

over a year ago

I guess the OP didn’t like the answers?

over a year ago

More important is how long do you wait for answers to your question before you go UNLOS?

Anyway… here’s a secret, this profile is a year old (I think) and I’ve not yet been asked to meet. True story.

over a year ago

Usually after a couple of weeks. It’s important to move to a meet relatively swiftly, in order to establish if there’s any chemistry.

When I was online dating, I’d sometimes have a prolonged period of messaging a guy, then we’d eventually meet and I didn’t fancy him in real life. It all just felt like such a waste of time.

over a year ago

"Usually after a couple of weeks. It’s important to move to a meet relatively swiftly, in order to establish if there’s any chemistry….."

I can have someone in a friend zone within 3 messages apparently. After 4 they stop replying.

over a year ago

First meet 2 days, was terrible. The longest ive been chatting to someone is 4 years

over a year ago

"Usually after a couple of weeks. It’s important to move to a meet relatively swiftly, in order to establish if there’s any chemistry…..

I can have someone in a friend zone within 3 messages apparently. After 4 they stop replying. "

((((Woody))))

A hug, as opposed to a representation of the Doppler Effect

over a year ago

"Usually after a couple of weeks. It’s important to move to a meet relatively swiftly, in order to establish if there’s any chemistry.

When I was online dating, I’d sometimes have a prolonged period of messaging a guy, then we’d eventually meet and I didn’t fancy him in real life. It all just felt like such a waste of time."

First meet within 2 weeks or I will never meet them.

over a year ago

Same day or that's it. Any more than 7 messages and that's it done as well. If I wink and they don't wink back then I cast a spell on them.

over a year ago

"Usually after a couple of weeks. It’s important to move to a meet relatively swiftly, in order to establish if there’s any chemistry…..

I can have someone in a friend zone within 3 messages apparently. After 4 they stop replying.

((((Woody))))

A hug, as opposed to a representation of the Doppler Effect "

A Doppler effect?

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

I've been chatting with folks on here for a good few years and we've not met not sure if I will meet them but it's nice to be social and you never know...

over a year ago

"I've been chatting with folks on here for a good few years and we've not met not sure if I will meet them but it's nice to be social and you never know..."

If you enjoy the chats and have no expectations, that’s fine I guess. To me it would seem a bit pointless, but we’re all different

By *mily36CWoman
over a year ago

Bedford (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

Heck, unless you live around the corner it's going to take a little bit of diary juggling and/or location matching ...so it's not going to be in the same day that's for sure

over a year ago

With my old Dom a profile was set up to meet, so less than a week?

By *anae21Woman
over a year ago

Nearer than you think

It's ranged from a couple of hours (got to say, it's not been very successful when that's happened; a coffee then bye!) to a couple of years.

Average is 2-3 weeks

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

It depends on so many variables!

Now we're pretty much back to normal, I like to social in the first week or 2 after contact, then meet as soon as possible after that, depends on people's schedules.

Post new Message to Thread