Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Banski Vandalism

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

According to the Yarmouth news someone has vandalised the work of a so called graffiti artist by spraying over it..

Oh the irony!

This new kid could be a genius

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Did they use a stencil?

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Happened to a banksy near me and they hired a 24/7 security guard and a plastic wall thingy to protect it

Weird as fuck. Shit job for that security guy too

over a year ago

So we can narrow him down to being Russian.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"So we can narrow him down to being Russian."

No. This happened in Great Yarmouth Jimbo..

Right under our noses..

over a year ago

"So we can narrow him down to being Russian.

Right under our noses.."

I'm pretty certain Russians are allowed in Great Yarmouth.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Right under our noses..

I'm pretty certain Russians are allowed in Great Yarmouth."

Not seen any Russians in Yarmouth.. it's quite cold there...

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

Right under our noses..

Not seen any Russians in Yarmouth.. it's quite cold there..."

Plenty in Boston(ia) - it's cold here too (though not as cold as Siberia)

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

"According to the Yarmouth news someone has vandalised the work of a so called graffiti artist by spraying over it..

Oh the irony!

This new kid could be a genius "

That's nothing.

Here in Nottingham, last year, a Banksy that was painted on the wall of a house, all the bricks were chopped out and sold by the owner of the wall

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"According to the Yarmouth news someone has vandalised the work of a so called graffiti artist by spraying over it..

Oh the irony!

That's nothing.

Here in Nottingham, last year, a Banksy that was painted on the wall of a house, all the bricks were chopped out and sold by the owner of the wall"

Surely that's illegal..

over a year ago

Oh the irony!

That's nothing.

Here in Nottingham, last year, a Banksy that was painted on the wall of a house, all the bricks were chopped out and sold by the owner of the wall

Surely that's illegal.. "

Never change, Tom

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Can nobody see the irony here...

The graffiti man being graffitied

Quality

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Can nobody see the irony here...

Quality "

The only irony I see that Banksy won't mind.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Banksy does my nut in

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I read that Banky has a website that gives provenance to his work and someone who ripped one down but it was worthless because Banky did not say it was his work. I do not know if it's true but I like the story

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Does spelling his name incorrectly also count as vandalism?

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I went to world of Banksy in dubai last month, 120 unauthorised copies, Banksy has been in and discreetly tagged a few

By *inky_CarpenterMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"Can nobody see the irony here...

Quality

The only irony I see that Banksy won't mind."

No, he will probably get a bit of kick out of the publicity..... More so if it was one of his political pieces!

However he occasionally does his Artworks as gifts to charitable causes, and if one of these was devalued, it would probably annoying him.

over a year ago

Banksy’s work is great. I love talent like that - and he’s far from alone. I’d rather see artistic graffiti than someone spraying ‘Sarah has a big fanny’ or ‘Jim is a twat’

over a year ago

Im a huge banksy fan inc his music... but after his recent support of that group i can safely say IMO hes a utter scumbag, i hope his work gets ruined.

By *ob08Man
over a year ago

Macclesfield

For the Union comrade, banski will protect mother Russia do not worry.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"Im a huge banksy fan inc his music... but after his recent support of that group i can safely say IMO hes a utter scumbag, i hope his work gets ruined. "

I've never been a fan, I just don't see it as "art", but what group does he support? I'm not really aware of what's going on x

By *jfrenchMan
over a year ago

Stockport

"Im a huge banksy fan inc his music... but after his recent support of that group i can safely say IMO hes a utter scumbag, i hope his work gets ruined. "

Eh??? Since when have aerosol stencils on a brick wall been musical???

over a year ago

"Im a huge banksy fan inc his music... but after his recent support of that group i can safely say IMO hes a utter scumbag, i hope his work gets ruined.

Eh??? Since when have aerosol stencils on a brick wall been musical??? "

Massive attack

over a year ago

I have never understood the whole banksy thing to be fair. Graffiti is just graffiti right? I have seen some very talented graffiti artists have their work covered up but banksy gets a free pass. What make his work so special?

By *jfrenchMan
over a year ago

Stockport

"Im a huge banksy fan inc his music... but after his recent support of that group i can safely say IMO hes a utter scumbag, i hope his work gets ruined.

Massive attack "

Sorry! I was a bit cheeky with my reply guessing you'd reply with Massive Attack.

I'm a sound engineer and have worked with the band and its numerous musicians a few times over the decades and its a cool conspiracy theory but Banksy isn't a member of MA. There are a couple of 'examples' of Banksy art appearing where MA has played but what they don't mention is they were days even weeks after. On the road we only stay put in one place hours, maybe a day at most.

Do I know who Banksy really is? No. I don't sorry.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Massive attack

Sorry! I was a bit cheeky with my reply guessing you'd reply with Massive Attack.

I'm a sound engineer and have worked with the band and its numerous musicians a few times over the decades and its a cool conspiracy theory but Banksy isn't a member of MA. There are a couple of 'examples' of Banksy art appearing where MA has played but what they don't mention is they were days even weeks after. On the road we only stay put in one place hours, maybe a day at most.

Do I know who Banksy really is? No. I don't sorry. "

Didnt he save that header from Pele in Mexico 1970?

By *jfrenchMan
over a year ago

Stockport

Massive attack

Didnt he save that header from Pele in Mexico 1970? "

I wasn't alive in 1970. Plus I'm assuming it might be football you are referring to? I've never seen a game ever so sorry can't help you there either.

over a year ago

Massive attack

I was a professional roadie for many years too and I can confirm Banksy isn't a member of the band Massive Attack. Although I think there is evidence that both the band and the artist (or artists?) are from the Bristol area.

By *jfrenchMan
over a year ago

Stockport

Massive attack

I was a professional roadie for many years too and I can confirm Banksy isn't a member of the band Massive Attack. Although I think there is evidence that both the band and the artist (or artists?) are from the Bristol area. "

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

I’m Banksi..

over a year ago

"Does spelling his name incorrectly also count as vandalism? "

Only if you're listening to Adamksy and Bronksy Beat at the time.

By *jfrenchMan
over a year ago

Stockport

"Does spelling his name incorrectly also count as vandalism?

Only if you're listening to Adamksy and Bronksy Beat at the time. "

over a year ago

Massive attack

Ahhhh well thats music to my ears literally, theres been alot of speculation over the years. Massive attack are my favourite group so was really not wanting to boycott them

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Right under our noses..

Not seen any Russians in Yarmouth.. it's quite cold there...

Plenty in Boston(ia) - it's cold here too (though not as cold as Siberia)"

And Poles too.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Massive attack

On quite a separate theme, our son would very much like to become a sound engineer but isn't sure how to get into the industry.....

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Massive attack

On quite a separate theme, our son would very much like to become a sound engineer but isn't sure how to get into the industry..... "

Tell him to keep his ear to the ground

By *jfrenchMan
over a year ago

Stockport

Massive attack

On quite a separate theme, our son would very much like to become a sound engineer but isn't sure how to get into the industry..... "

Well these days there are many courses and qualifications available from higher education colleges and even universities. So that is definitely one avenue for him to pursue.

However, the tried and tested way to get into it (and how I did it) is to simply work for your local venue(s). Be it live venues and/or recording studios. He has to be prepared to do anything and everything to do with putting a gig on or recording - even if its voluntary work or as proverbial 'tea boy' and sweeping up or whatever - and if he is keen to get on the avenues of opportunity WILL open. Someone will be short staffed for a tour or a session and your son will be asked to help out. And if he puts 110% in it and gets noticed he will get asked again... and again...

For what its worth I did just that. I hung around my Uni for a year after graduating working behind the student uni bar and putting gigs on. One night this band was on their UK tour and they needed someone to do the sound for the US leg and they asked me. A few days later I was in San Diego twiddling the knobs instead of good old blighty. I never looked back. I didn't even make it back to England for nigh on 18 months.

Hope that helps and wish your son every success in this often gruelling industry that is of course so much fun and so rewarding!

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Does it make you deaf tho?

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

I've never been a fan, I just don't see it as "art", but what group does he support? I'm not really aware of what's going on x"

I see no skill in what he does.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Massive attack

If he doesn’t have the initiative to find out and get his foot in the door, it is probably the wrong career choice. You need elbows to succeed in that sort of role

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Massive attack

On quite a separate theme, our son would very much like to become a sound engineer but isn't sure how to get into the industry.....

If he doesn’t have the initiative to find out and get his foot in the door, it is probably the wrong career choice. You need elbows to succeed in that sort of role "

Well it's a skill to get rich on a few stencil drawings

By *jfrenchMan
over a year ago

Stockport

"Does it make you deaf tho?"

Pardon???

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Does it make you deaf tho?