Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don’t mind shareing shopping tips and such off shops and stuff

By *atie-friendlyTV/TS
over a year ago

Cheltenham

To be honest I think the best way is to experiment and find what works for you, don't be affraid to make mistakes, just wipe off and try again.

Trial and error you will get better at it.

I find less is more to getting it right.

Also ask for help at Boots, staff are always happy to help and advise on skin tone and get a good makeup brush set for foundation, blusher and bronzer. X

By *ani8408 OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Greenfield

"I don’t mind shareing shopping tips and such off shops and stuff "

Thanks it's more the make-up side how to get the right shades, the best brushes

By *ani8408 OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Greenfield

"To be honest I think the best way is to experiment and find what works for you, don't be affraid to make mistakes, just wipe off and try again.

Trial and error you will get better at it.

I find less is more to getting it right.

Also ask for help at Boots, staff are always happy to help and advise on skin tone and get a good makeup brush set for foundation, blusher and bronzer. X"

I went in to the boots in oldham to aske what shade foundation I should use and she looked at me in disgust and said any then walked off. I've not had the guts to ask anyone since I just go on amazon

over a year ago

I think that having a real woman who would help you would be better, if you can. I think that you have been unlucky in your experience at Boots as in my experience most (not all) women are more welcoming and relaxed about people like us than men, but it helps to be normally dressed in clothes that are feminine but to avoid the drag queen/fetish/kinky look - certainly not saying that is a problem for you, but it may be for some (I have a smart old fashioned middle aged woman look that many men won't go for if they like TV/TGs but women are probably happier with and helps me to pass relatively unnoticed in public!).

over a year ago

"I don’t mind shareing shopping tips and such off shops and stuff

Thanks it's more the make-up side how to get the right shades, the best brushes "

Your welcome

By *ani8408 OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Greenfield

"I think that having a real woman who would help you would be better, if you can. I think that you have been unlucky in your experience at Boots as in my experience most (not all) women are more welcoming and relaxed about people like us than men, but it helps to be normally dressed in clothes that are feminine but to avoid the drag queen/fetish/kinky look - certainly not saying that is a problem for you, but it may be for some (I have a smart old fashioned middle aged woman look that many men won't go for if they like TV/TGs but women are probably happier with and helps me to pass relatively unnoticed in public!)."

I went in boy mode. I've only been out in public once and that was far away from my house and at night. I certainly couldn't go to my local town centre during the day. I'm not confident enough for that

over a year ago

"I think that having a real woman who would help you would be better, if you can. I think that you have been unlucky in your experience at Boots

I went in boy mode. I've only been out in public once and that was far away from my house and at night. I certainly couldn't go to my local town centre during the day. I'm not confident enough for that"

Yes, I see what you mean; that may make it a lot harder. I am lucky to have a wife who likes me being dressed as a woman and several lovely real women friends, who I hope would tell me if I am getting things badly wrong!

By *lairekTV/TS
over a year ago

Manchester

You might have better luck in Manchester centre, at the MAC counter.

They didn't care that I was sat there in my suit one day.

By *ani8408 OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Greenfield

"You might have better luck in Manchester centre, at the MAC counter.

They didn't care that I was sat there in my suit one day.

"

Cool thanks hun I'll give it a try

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

"Why don't women /tgirls like helping new tgirls/cds with their makeup"

Seriously.. would you want me to help you with make up.

Post new Message to Thread