Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fab honeymoon period

Jump to newest

By *wist my nipples OP   Couple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Gonna sound like on old bag here, but hey ho. Back in my day...

I remember when I first joined fab and it was so incredibly exciting - a community of like-minded liberated people who I could talk about anything with! I dived right in.

Fast forward three and a bit years and having seen every sexual topic under the sun discussed, it's fair to say the sense of excitement has waned.

Is this inevitable? What's your experience?

Mrs TMN x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I've noticed a big change on the site since joining many, many moons ago.

It certainly isn't what it used to be. I usually take breaks as its become so "samey"

Hoping when/if Covid calms down, it improves x

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

Very much so, it seems like the community spirit has very much faded.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

Yeah I think you're on to something there. There's definitely a boredom that goes along with the "regular" topics now but that initial excitement has been replaced with comfort in the people on the forum and being able to talk as friends

LvM

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't find it any different than when I originally joined.

My expectations have changed though and as a result, on the whole, I enjoy being here

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I think it has for me on a personal level. But that's because I don't post many threads any more. So it's possibly that it's down to me I find it repetitive.

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

I recently rejoined as, like you, it lost its sparkle a bit. I have noticed some big differencrs since I got back namely the number of guys on here either alone or 'saying" they are part of a couple.

I do really enjoy the forums as that is not something I got involved with before.

over a year ago

Nothing really shocks me anymore

Grown more wiser in my 10 years

When I first joined I was like a kid in a candy shop

Along the way I lost my dignity for a couple off years I tryed to reclaim it

Now I couldn’t care it’s totally out the window and I am good with it

I am have fun and that’s the main thing

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Covid changed the forums for me as the anger and instant gratification seekers overwhelmed me. I'm hoping now people can safely go back on hols and normality resumes that the more interesting topics will reappear and the balance will reappear it is tipped at more boring sexual topics atm

I know if I want it to change I should add to it but the meh feeling is hard to shake

By *illynillyCouple
over a year ago

Wiltshire

Our first profile was 12 ish years ago... a lot less remote control next to cock pictures as well as the good old can of lynx

Nilly

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I dunno. There's always been samey topics and topics that always come up. They've changed a bit from race to hairy bits! But still on repeat.

I think of it of talking to new people about the same topics. If I don't want to join a thread I don't.

If I wanted something more meaty, I'd start a meaty thread.

By *appypaul69Man
over a year ago

vale

Omg to change the subject your wife is absolutely fab, such pert boobs.

By the way I hate your cock as it looks fab ha ha
"Our first profile was 12 ish years ago... a lot less remote control next to cock pictures as well as the good old can of lynx

Nilly "

By *illynillyCouple
over a year ago

Wiltshire

"Omg to change the subject your wife is absolutely fab, such pert boobs.

By the way I hate your cock as it looks fab ha ha Our first profile was 12 ish years ago... a lot less remote control next to cock pictures as well as the good old can of lynx

Nilly "

Gee thanks

over a year ago

"Very much so, it seems like the community spirit has very much faded. "

Do you think so? Or do you think if you've been away (I think you have, if I remember rightly) it's a different bunch of faces so you have to essentially start again?

Mrs TMN x

over a year ago

"Yeah I think you're on to something there. There's definitely a boredom that goes along with the "regular" topics now but that initial excitement has been replaced with comfort in the people on the forum and being able to talk as friends

LvM"

This chimes with me. I think particularly as someone who's been in a monogamous relationship for a while, children etc, the initial excitement was huge for me.

over a year ago

"I think it has for me on a personal level. But that's because I don't post many threads any more. So it's possibly that it's down to me I find it repetitive. "

This sounds a bit like me too. I've not been around as much, I interact less, I know fewer people, the thrill of reading about sexy shenanigans has long since faded. Remind me why I'm here again?

over a year ago

"I recently rejoined as, like you, it lost its sparkle a bit. I have noticed some big differencrs since I got back namely the number of guys on here either alone or 'saying" they are part of a couple.

I do really enjoy the forums as that is not something I got involved with before. "

The forums are a whole different ballgame to the rest of fab! Welcome

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

"Very much so, it seems like the community spirit has very much faded.

Do you think so? Or do you think if you've been away (I think you have, if I remember rightly) it's a different bunch of faces so you have to essentially start again?

Mrs TMN x"

Possibly but people don’t seem to be as friendly anymore there’s a lot more unpleasant-ness nowadays

over a year ago

"Covid changed the forums for me as the anger and instant gratification seekers overwhelmed me. I'm hoping now people can safely go back on hols and normality resumes that the more interesting topics will reappear and the balance will reappear it is tipped at more boring sexual topics atm

I know if I want it to change I should add to it but the meh feeling is hard to shake"

Totally feeling the meh!

over a year ago

"I think it has for me on a personal level. But that's because I don't post many threads any more. So it's possibly that it's down to me I find it repetitive.

This sounds a bit like me too. I've not been around as much, I interact less, I know fewer people, the thrill of reading about sexy shenanigans has long since faded. Remind me why I'm here again? "

I have to be careful not to be put off sex forever if Im reading swingers chat now

over a year ago

Mrs TMN x

Possibly but people don’t seem to be as friendly anymore there’s a lot more unpleasant-ness nowadays "

I find it hard to separate if there is more of that or if it's my mood. Or, you know, the effects of a global fucking pandemic... X

over a year ago

"I think it has for me on a personal level. But that's because I don't post many threads any more. So it's possibly that it's down to me I find it repetitive.

This sounds a bit like me too. I've not been around as much, I interact less, I know fewer people, the thrill of reading about sexy shenanigans has long since faded. Remind me why I'm here again?

I have to be careful not to be put off sex forever if Im reading swingers chat now "

over a year ago

Only boring people get bored

Topics are the same but the people change. If I got bored with excitement I’d just give up now with everything.

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

Mrs TMN x

Possibly but people don’t seem to be as friendly anymore there’s a lot more unpleasant-ness nowadays

I find it hard to separate if there is more of that or if it's my mood. Or, you know, the effects of a global fucking pandemic... X"

I know the pandemic doesn’t help but in my opinion people don’t need to come on here and be unpleasant. Maybe I’m in the wrong or even the wrong place

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"Gonna sound like on old bag here, but hey ho. Back in my day...

I remember when I first joined fab and it was so incredibly exciting - a community of like-minded liberated people who I could talk about anything with! I dived right in.

Fast forward three and a bit years and having seen every sexual topic under the sun discussed, it's fair to say the sense of excitement has waned.

Mrs TMN x"

Fab is populated by people wanting to meet likeminded people. Covid has (mostly) ended that over the last almost 2 years now, so the army of key-bored (see what I did there?) warriors has inevitably grown, and hence, the Fab community appears to have waned. Things will come back round eventually

By *parrow77Man
over a year ago

cheshire

I find it a huge difference from when first joined like 8-10 yrs ago.

Back then people wanted meet socials and chats, yes people want that now but feel last few yrs seem more people on for pic views or not actually after stuff I.e ghosting or lots fake pages.

It was probably same back in the day but I was fit and young and now old and no one want me lol but it does feel more like social media that swinging these days

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Hello Mrs. T.M.N ....

I live in hope that as the world opens up that the lounge will once again be full of fun folk with a sense of humour and lack of social media anger......

True I'm no longer excited by most things I hear suggested but then .... I think my handle needs more crankin' than it used to

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I find it a huge difference from when first joined like 8-10 yrs ago.

Back then people wanted meet socials and chats, yes people want that now but feel last few yrs seem more people on for pic views or not actually after stuff I.e ghosting or lots fake pages.

It was probably same back in the day but I was fit and young and now old and no one want me lol but it does feel more like social media that swinging these days"

Jack you are only a baby.

over a year ago

"Only boring people get bored

Topics are the same but the people change. If I got bored with excitement I’d just give up now with everything.

"

I didn't say bored. I was more getting at how my reactions to fab have changed and why that is. X

over a year ago

Mrs TMN x

I find it hard to separate if there is more of that or if it's my mood. Or, you know, the effects of a global fucking pandemic... X

I know the pandemic doesn’t help but in my opinion people don’t need to come on here and be unpleasant. Maybe I’m in the wrong or even the wrong place "

Oh absolutely, some people are out of line, I'm with you there. X

over a year ago

"Gonna sound like on old bag here, but hey ho. Back in my day...

Mrs TMN x

Fab is populated by people wanting to meet likeminded people. Covid has (mostly) ended that over the last almost 2 years now, so the army of key-bored (see what I did there?) warriors has inevitably grown, and hence, the Fab community appears to have waned. Things will come back round eventually "

A positive outlook, I like it

over a year ago

"Hello Mrs. T.M.N ....

I live in hope that as the world opens up that the lounge will once again be full of fun folk with a sense of humour and lack of social media anger......

True I'm no longer excited by most things I hear suggested but then .... I think my handle needs more crankin' than it used to"

Yep, the handles on those tippy-uppy chairs do need a bit of crankin', that's for sure

By *parrow77Man
over a year ago

cheshire

"I find it a huge difference from when first joined like 8-10 yrs ago.

It was probably same back in the day but I was fit and young and now old and no one want me lol but it does feel more like social media that swinging these days

Jack you are only a baby."

Haha I know before fab I was on other sites been in scene since 20 but still feel a shift hopefully it’s just cos covid restrictions

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Hello Mrs. T.M.N ....

True I'm no longer excited by most things I hear suggested but then .... I think my handle needs more crankin' than it used to

Yep, the handles on those tippy-uppy chairs do need a bit of crankin', that's for sure "

You can mock. I eye them up like a fat kid eyes up cake.

(cue for the Fat Inquisition to arrive )

over a year ago

"Hello Mrs. T.M.N ....

Yep, the handles on those tippy-uppy chairs do need a bit of crankin', that's for sure

You can mock. I eye them up like a fat kid eyes up cake.

(cue for the Fat Inquisition to arrive )"

I'm just eyeing up new armchairs at the moment. Making sure I get ones with a nice firm back

Post new Message to Thread