Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Mtb enduro or trials for me, too much lycra and legs shaving for me

over a year ago

"Anyone into road cycling ? "

Yes, but I’m too heavy for my bike at the moment.

over a year ago

"Them lycra wearing twats that take up the roads and have no consideration for cars. 1 on there own isn't too bad but when you get groups takin up all the road I feel like ploughing into them. Is it worth goin prison though ??. And why wear all that lycra shit I can understand in professional racing cos it shaves seconds off there times. Anyway each to there own but personally I think they are all assholes . Well not all just the groups of them "

A most assuring insight into the mind of a fellow human driving a ton of metal

over a year ago

"Them lycra wearing twats that take up the roads and have no consideration for cars. 1 on there own isn't too bad but when you get groups takin up all the road I feel like ploughing into them. Is it worth goin prison though ??. And why wear all that lycra shit I can understand in professional racing cos it shaves seconds off there times. Anyway each to there own but personally I think they are all assholes . Well not all just the groups of them "

Is it not easier to overtake a group of them (on the other side of the road) Rather than 300 yards of single file riding?..

By *unty33 OP   Man
over a year ago

hereford

Well it works both ways really as some car drivers are terrible and don’t have any consideration for cyclists . I enjoy going out on my own not in big groups but the roads can be a scary place at times to idiot drivers that think they own the road and have no patience..

over a year ago

"Is it not easier to overtake a group of them (on the other side of the road) Rather than 300 yards of single file riding?.."

Safer for everyone too, hence the recent changes to Highway Code

By *hebritukCouple
over a year ago

London

It’s rainy

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Do you really feel like ploughing into them? How do you get on at the supermarket checkout

over a year ago

Had two of the Lycra twats having a row with a tractor that took up road and was going slow, funny how the car drivers accept it round here but they needed to pass as apparently they can't put their feet down due to their pedals??

By *unty33 OP   Man
over a year ago

hereford

Why say Lycra twats ?? Yes can be awkward as use pedals that clip to your shoes .but cyclist and vehicles should just respect each other’s space

over a year ago

Wouldn't it be nice to read a cyclists tread where cyclists can talk about all things cycling.. instead of the bullshit towards them?

By *unty33 OP   Man
over a year ago

hereford

Agree with you

over a year ago

Me.. But the sun, moon and planets have to be aligned lately lol

I like cycling next to water - canals, rivers, around lakes /nature reserves.. Or on specific cycle paths or quieter roads

Cycling on the road where i live is not a pleasant experience

over a year ago

"Why say Lycra twats ?? Yes can be awkward as use pedals that clip to your shoes .but cyclist and vehicles should just respect each other’s space "

We get tons of cyclists round here especially in the summer with few issues is always the ones who think they are on tour de France that give people grief, the middle aged men in Lycra, even complaining in the local cafe that something should be done about the horse crap on the roads, solution plan your route so doesn't go past farms with stables!

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Yes allways cycling at mo only to and from work! But come spring shall b back to my long rides x

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

See the years at that expensive charm school weren’t a total waste of time & money!

Envy perhaps?

over a year ago

"Why say Lycra twats ?? Yes can be awkward as use pedals that clip to your shoes .but cyclist and vehicles should just respect each other’s space

We get tons of cyclists round here especially in the summer with few issues is always the ones who think they are on tour de France that give people grief, the middle aged men in Lycra, even complaining in the local cafe that something should be done about the horse crap on the roads, solution plan your route so doesn't go past farms with stables!"

You're very fortunate to have such considerate drivers and bikers locally. You'd never see any of those racing about I'm sure.

over a year ago

I cycle almost every day, it's great for my physical wellbeing, but more my mental wellbeing, I'm lucky enough to live a fantastic area for cycling. Judging by some of the comments above, i really do think some of the posters should seek professional help, especially if you feel like ploughing into a group of cyclists

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Why say Lycra twats ?? Yes can be awkward as use pedals that clip to your shoes .but cyclist and vehicles should just respect each other’s space

We get tons of cyclists round here especially in the summer with few issues is always the ones who think they are on tour de France that give people grief, the middle aged men in Lycra, even complaining in the local cafe that something should be done about the horse crap on the roads, solution plan your route so doesn't go past farms with stables!"

I have picked it up in past if I have a carrier bag and put it in one of my baskets bought it home rotted it down for my roses x

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I'm not sure you should be behind the wheel if I'm honest

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I Used to be, I should really try again this summer.

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

Haven't for a few months due to health issues but normally cycle to and from work every day. Had quite a few near misses with ignorant drivers that don't care if they kill someone.

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Well I think of myself as a considerate driver and have also done quite a bit of cycling previously. Safety for both should be of the utmost importance at all times. Nobody has the exclusive rights to the road. However, I understand that it can be annoying when there seem to be some cyclists that are deliberately blocking any cars behind overtaking them and I have certainly experienced that myself on many occasions. I am also just as annoyed when I see cars driving like maniacs trying to overtake cyclists, and sometines animals too, at all costs. Mind your ps and qs everyone please.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Haven't for a few months due to health issues but normally cycle to and from work every day. Had quite a few near misses with ignorant drivers that don't care if they kill someone."

Know that feeling! I vowed to not curse when they cut me up etc., was my new year resolution last 3 days lol! Mind u it's only on way home as on way in its 3 30 in morning not much traffic if any that time! I use cycle paths on way home where I can! happy cycling! X

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/01/22 13:20:28]

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

"Haven't for a few months due to health issues but normally cycle to and from work every day. Had quite a few near misses with ignorant drivers that don't care if they kill someone.

Know that feeling! I vowed to not curse when they cut me up etc., was my new year resolution last 3 days lol! Mind u it's only on way home as on way in its 3 30 in morning not much traffic if any that time! I use cycle paths on way home where I can! happy cycling! X"

I love the ride home on a late shift biking after midnight the roads are dead maybe 1 or 2 cars all the way.

over a year ago

Oh heavens yes , nothing better than getting out on the bike

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Me and my new-ish 2005 Spesh road comp shoes (summer) have just arrived. I'm over the moon. I have wide feet and nothing fits like these do. £28 Bargain! They even have Look Keo cleats on them, feels good. Only waited 6 years for them.

Good ol' Ebay.

Speaking of which, they've got a pictures of the Ebay rainbow which is almost identical to the UCI colours...minus the black of course.

over a year ago

There are some good changes /improvements to the Highway Code for 2022, with a new hierarchy of road users

"another change will be the responsibility of a car driver to be aware of cyclists, pedestrians or horse riders.

For example, when a car is turning into a road or exiting a road, they should stop to let pedestrians cross.

Drivers should also open car doors using the “Dutch reach” method – with the hand on the opposite side to the door they are opening. This makes drivers turn their heads to look over their shoulders and reduces the likelihood of hitting a passing cyclist with the door.

Drivers should also leave at least 1.5 metres when overtaking cyclists at speeds of up to 30mph, and give them more space when overtaking at higher speeds

Cyclists will also have greater responsibility to look out for people walking."

By *m6469Couple
over a year ago

Northwich

Cycle to and from work all year round both cyclist and car driver are to blame

over a year ago

"Well I think of myself as a considerate driver and have also done quite a bit of cycling previously. Safety for both should be of the utmost importance at all times. Nobody has the exclusive rights to the road. However, I understand that it can be annoying when there seem to be some cyclists that are deliberately blocking any cars behind overtaking them and I have certainly experienced that myself on many occasions. I am also just as annoyed when I see cars driving like maniacs trying to overtake cyclists, and sometines animals too, at all costs. Mind your ps and qs everyone please. "

It's not about blocking, it's for personal safety.

If I cycle too close to the kerb drivers inevitably try to squeeze past regardless.

If I move more toward the centre of the lane it forces drivers to wait until there's no oncoming traffic and can then safely overtake.

A couple of weeks ago I was nearly knocked off by a bus because I'd been staying to the edge of the road and it tried to squeeze past against oncoming traffic.

I'm happier delaying people's journey by a few seconds than spending time in hospital. Or worse.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

What about them twats on horses too. They think they can let their pets shit on the roads and pavements. The police won't fine them!

Then they expect the cars and vans to slow down a long time before you approach them.

These buggers don't even pay road tax.

I AM BEING SARCASTIC.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"There are some good changes /improvements to the Highway Code for 2022, with a new hierarchy of road users

"another change will be the responsibility of a car driver to be aware of cyclists, pedestrians or horse riders.

For example, when a car is turning into a road or exiting a road, they should stop to let pedestrians cross.

Drivers should also open car doors using the “Dutch reach” method – with the hand on the opposite side to the door they are opening. This makes drivers turn their heads to look over their shoulders and reduces the likelihood of hitting a passing cyclist with the door.

Drivers should also leave at least 1.5 metres when overtaking cyclists at speeds of up to 30mph, and give them more space when overtaking at higher speeds

Cyclists will also have greater responsibility to look out for people walking.""

Riding on pavements is dangerous to pedestrians too. E-scooters are a bane as well.

over a year ago

"

Riding on pavements is dangerous to pedestrians too. E-scooters are a bane as well."

I think they are still illegal apart from the trials in a few cities.. In my city the police fine and confiscate them

By *anilla-sinCouple
over a year ago

lancs

"I cycle almost every day, it's great for my physical wellbeing, but more my mental wellbeing, I'm lucky enough to live a fantastic area for cycling. Judging by some of the comments above, i really do think some of the posters should seek professional help, especially if you feel like ploughing into a group of cyclists "

agree..

By *ooliganMan
over a year ago

Preston

Committed roady here, former 2nd cat racer, occasional time-trialler, winding it down a bit now but still doing 150-200miles a week.

I particularly enjoy riding in large groups around Charnock Richard...

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Well I think of myself as a considerate driver and have also done quite a bit of cycling previously. Safety for both should be of the utmost importance at all times. Nobody has the exclusive rights to the road. However, I understand that it can be annoying when there seem to be some cyclists that are deliberately blocking any cars behind overtaking them and I have certainly experienced that myself on many occasions. I am also just as annoyed when I see cars driving like maniacs trying to overtake cyclists, and sometines animals too, at all costs. Mind your ps and qs everyone please.

It's not about blocking, it's for personal safety.

If I cycle too close to the kerb drivers inevitably try to squeeze past regardless.

If I move more toward the centre of the lane it forces drivers to wait until there's no oncoming traffic and can then safely overtake.

A couple of weeks ago I was nearly knocked off by a bus because I'd been staying to the edge of the road and it tried to squeeze past against oncoming traffic.

I'm happier delaying people's journey by a few seconds than spending time in hospital. Or worse."

I totally agree with you. Like I said I have been cycling for years too as well as driving. I was though talking about the few who yes unfortunately are deliberately blocking. It does happen just as its true that cars often try to overtake when they shouldn't.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Why say Lycra twats ?? Yes can be awkward as use pedals that clip to your shoes .but cyclist and vehicles should just respect each other’s space "

Wise words indeed.

Vehicles I've driven, Class 2 lorries, 7.5, transits, cars, mopeds and 100cc motor bikes. Road bikes/racers, mtb, bmx and choppers.

Think that gives me the right to say, I can see all road user's viewpoints.

History lesson. Horses and pedestrians, cyclists then the motor vehicles used the roads in that order.

Funny how the new kid on the block feels the most entitled...

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Committed roady here, former 2nd cat racer, occasional time-trialler, winding it down a bit now but still doing 150-200miles a week.

I particularly enjoy riding in large groups around Charnock Richard... "

Chapeau!

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"

Riding on pavements is dangerous to pedestrians too. E-scooters are a bane as well.

I think they are still illegal apart from the trials in a few cities.. In my city the police fine and confiscate them"

Peterborough and MK have them.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/01/22 13:53:24]

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Cycle to and from work when in the office - SW London not for the faint hearted, but route also takes in the Thames, Parliament and St James' Park so can't complain! Thankfully some of the new London cycle lanes have made it so much nicer (and safer), as any fellow Londoners who had to cycle through Vauxhall gyratory before the changes will know!

Keen to get into longer road rides this year...

over a year ago

Have been cycling regularly for almost 2 years. Yes, I'm a lycra wearing twat as has been articulated so elegantly earlier by our learned friend.

I love it, appreciate the beauty around me and great for my fitness. However, I think I must have met one of the poster's friends just before Xmas who ploughed into me causing severe concussion amongst other injuries. It won't deter me and for the poster's reference, the police intend to prosecute the driver.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

I liken my cycle rides in the countryside to sex! I cant decide which I love the most! Have been cycling my whole adult life as never learnt to drive x

over a year ago

To the keyboard warrior yes I have cycled for years, still ride my mountain bike plenty places, when in London my route took me via blackwall tunnel junction at Charlton and elephant and castle before they fixed it. I just have no time for those that think it's a race track, be they in Lycra or power ranger suits on bikes with engines

By *incs_TiggerMan
over a year ago

Ask me

Wow, that's a terrifying worldview. If you feel like that about other road users, and "feel like ploughing into them" then perhaps it's not them that shouldn't be on the road? Every one of those cyclists you're referring to is someone's whole world, whether their Dad, Mum, Husband, Wife, Son, Daughter, Friend, Girlfriend, Boyfriend, Colleague or something else.

What a nasty and unpleasant thing to write. People can be such dicks.

By *kyblue1878Couple
over a year ago

Southport

"Committed roady here, former 2nd cat racer, occasional time-trialler, winding it down a bit now but still doing 150-200miles a week.

Great reposte. We're both committed roadies given our love of triathlon but cycling is by far the best discipline. It beggars belief some of the opinions generally. Don't these people realise we're motorists too and ride a bike with experience of both cars (or larger vehicles) and cycles.

By *ooliganMan
over a year ago

Preston

"Great reposte. We're both committed roadies given our love of triathlon but cycling is by far the best discipline. It beggars belief some of the opinions generally. Don't these people realise we're motorists too and ride a bike with experience of both cars (or larger vehicles) and cycles. "

I spotted the Pinarello on your pics a while ago! I live on the edge of the Forest of Bowland so I'm lucky to have a lot of quiet roads to ride, but we still get plenty of dicks. I've pretty much given up riding early morning or early evening as people would much rather kill a cyclist than be late for work or delayed for 30 seconds on way home!

I had a big off in the Trough a few years back when I hit a pot hole at around 35mph - broken collarbone, sternam, several ribs, LOTS of gravel rash. A nurse at Lancaster hospital thought it might be a good idea to tell me that it was my fault that the roads were in disrepair "because you cyclists don't pay road tax"!

Let's just say she chose the wrong man on the wrong day and she got a full-on morphine-fuelled piece of my mind!

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

"Great reposte. We're both committed roadies given our love of triathlon but cycling is by far the best discipline. It beggars belief some of the opinions generally. Don't these people realise we're motorists too and ride a bike with experience of both cars (or larger vehicles) and cycles.

I spotted the Pinarello on your pics a while ago! I live on the edge of the Forest of Bowland so I'm lucky to have a lot of quiet roads to ride, but we still get plenty of dicks. I've pretty much given up riding early morning or early evening as people would much rather kill a cyclist than be late for work or delayed for 30 seconds on way home!

I had a big off in the Trough a few years back when I hit a pot hole at around 35mph - broken collarbone, sternam, several ribs, LOTS of gravel rash. A nurse at Lancaster hospital thought it might be a good idea to tell me that it was my fault that the roads were in disrepair "because you cyclists don't pay road tax"!

Let's just say she chose the wrong man on the wrong day and she got a full-on morphine-fuelled piece of my mind! "

I love when people use the road tax argument, they really don't like it when you explain to them that local roads get no funding at all from road tax it is all from council tax.

By *kyblue1878Couple
over a year ago

Southport

"Great reposte. We're both committed roadies given our love of triathlon but cycling is by far the best discipline. It beggars belief some of the opinions generally. Don't these people realise we're motorists too and ride a bike with experience of both cars (or larger vehicles) and cycles.

Let's just say she chose the wrong man on the wrong day and she got a full-on morphine-fuelled piece of my mind! "

Hahaha, the usual road tax reply. Cretinous ignorance at best. There's no such thing as road tax and the tax that is paid is based on emissions. Guess what, we produce zero emissions.

Good spot re the Dog

over a year ago

Dear oh dear

Firstly, most cyclists are also motorists. I have 10 pushbikes, 2 cars and a motorbike

B) 2 cyclists side by side take up no more road width than a car, and with larger groups of say 10, passing a group 5 long instead of 10 is safer for everyone

iii) that ‘Lycra shit’ is worn for comfort, it’s lightweight, warm, and wickes sweat away from you, what do you suggest we wear, jeans and a donkey jacket?

Lastly, it’s attitudes from people like you who are prepared to even joke about running into a group of cyclists (and for what, they delayed you by 40 seconds?) that are mote problematic for most sensible thinking people.

Oh and don’t even start the road tax rant…

But to the OPs post, thousands of miles a year and rarely, luckily, do I have a run in with knuckle draggers like this…

By *ooliganMan
over a year ago

Preston

"Good spot re the Dog"

I'm team Cervelo but do love a nice Pin Dog!

I think Dangermouse has just nailed it! Let's just say that nurse will never suggest a cyclist doesn't pay road tax ever again.

over a year ago

I'm back on my bike this week

Only home from work at the moment as finding it very difficult as I've not been riding since June last year due to health.

I've missed it! I can't wait to get onto longer rides but prefer off the road as they're too busy where I am.

By *kyblue1878Couple
over a year ago

Southport

"Good spot re the Dog

I'm team Cervelo but do love a nice Pin Dog!

I think Dangermouse has just nailed it! Let's just say that nurse will never suggest a cyclist doesn't pay road tax ever again."

Our thoughts too. Cervelo are great bikes too. Mrs Skyblue got a Trek Madone SLR9 Project One for her 50th last year. Loves the look and the speed on the flats but still prefers the F10 for handling.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Doe she ride horses, as they don't pay tax either!

over a year ago

I like to cycle but I’m not covered in Lycra as I’m not that into it. It can be a scary place when cars tonk past you quick.

I’m also a car driver and I do sometimes get annoyed when cyclists seem to think they have all the road rights in the world and the car driver has none.

I guess we all have our pet hates on the roads and I can see both sides with the whole cyclist vs motorist thing sometimes. They both have to respect each other more.

As for the Highway Code changes saying motorists should give way to pedestrians when turning into and out of roads… if that’s the case then it’s just bloody mental. There will surely be constant rear end smashes from the driver behind not realising. Unless I’ve taken something wrong there?

By *ustainableMan
over a year ago

alwnick

Pisses me right off that they have more right than fuel paying ,tax and insurance paying motorists then have the cheek to ride in groups two and 3 abreast owning the road ,as well as having them illegal flashing led lights ,if they rode single file not in middle of road and had non flashing lights most motorists like my good self would be less wingy

By *ustainableMan
over a year ago

alwnick

[Removed by poster at 08/01/22 14:34:34]

By *ooliganMan
over a year ago

Preston

"Mrs Skyblue got a Trek Madone SLR9 Project One for her 50th last year. Loves the look and the speed on the flats but still prefers the F10 for handling."

Very nice... I'm looking at a do-it-all ti frame with disks and all the braze-ons for my next bike (Laverack J.Ack) - I love my R5 for long fast rides and Majorca trips but the roads are just getting worse and worse... But I guess that's our fault for not paying road tax!!!

By *kyblue1878Couple
over a year ago

Southport

"Mrs Skyblue got a Trek Madone SLR9 Project One for her 50th last year. Loves the look and the speed on the flats but still prefers the F10 for handling.

Very nice... I'm looking at a do-it-all ti frame with disks and all the braze-ons for my next bike (Laverack J.Ack) - I love my R5 for long fast rides and Majorca trips but the roads are just getting worse and worse... But I guess that's our fault for not paying road tax!!! "

And for having the temerity to have a red flashing light in the hope of being seen!

over a year ago

evesham

"Pisses me right off that they have more right than fuel paying ,tax and insurance paying motorists then have the cheek to ride in groups two and 3 abreast owning the road ,as well as having them illegal flashing led lights ,if they rode single file not in middle of road and had non flashing lights most motorists like my good self would be less wingy"

Oh do fuck off with this tripe! You think for the majority their only mode of transport is a bike?! It's such a boring and predictable moan!

'they don't pay road tax ' neither do you.

'they cause me to be delayed ' by seconds.... Literally seconds. Big fucking whoop.

'they make themselves more visible by riding on groups '.... Good! So bozo drivers don't run them over.

'they don't have insurance ' a lot of them do actually.

'they don't pass a test to use the roads '..... Neither do pedestrians, your point?! In fact I see more pedestrians using roads dangerously than I do cyclists. I'm always telling at them in my hwac because they're using the wrong side of the road.

Cyclusrs exist, they can use the roads in accordance to the highway code. Deal with it.

over a year ago

evesham

"I like to cycle but I’m not covered in Lycra as I’m not that into it. It can be a scary place when cars tonk past you quick.

I’m also a car driver and I do sometimes get annoyed when cyclists seem to think they have all the road rights in the world and the car driver has none.

I guess we all have our pet hates on the roads and I can see both sides with the whole cyclist vs motorist thing sometimes. They both have to respect each other more.

As for the Highway Code changes saying motorists should give way to pedestrians when turning into and out of roads… if that’s the case then it’s just bloody mental. There will surely be constant rear end smashes from the driver behind not realising. Unless I’ve taken something wrong there? "

Surely that would be driving without due care and attention, not being aware of other road users etc.

over a year ago

"As for the Highway Code changes saying motorists should give way to pedestrians when turning into and out of roads… if that’s the case then it’s just bloody mental. There will surely be constant rear end smashes from the driver behind not realising. Unless I’ve taken something wrong there? "

Oh no! People might have to stop tailgating

over a year ago

"I like to cycle but I’m not covered in Lycra as I’m not that into it. It can be a scary place when cars tonk past you quick.

As for the Highway Code changes saying motorists should give way to pedestrians when turning into and out of roads… if that’s the case then it’s just bloody mental. There will surely be constant rear end smashes from the driver behind not realising. Unless I’ve taken something wrong there?

Surely that would be driving without due care and attention, not being aware of other road users etc. "

I expect it would be. It’s just it seems to be making things more difficult and having to hope and pray more and more that the car behind you is paying attention even more than we already do.

I suppose I won’t know how well or badly it goes until people are doing it. I just can’t imagine it will be a good idea.

I’ve been known to be wrong before though… it happened once in 1997 and it’s never happened since

!

over a year ago

"As for the Highway Code changes saying motorists should give way to pedestrians when turning into and out of roads… if that’s the case then it’s just bloody mental. There will surely be constant rear end smashes from the driver behind not realising. Unless I’ve taken something wrong there?

Oh no! People might have to stop tailgating "

CBA with comments like this. Things are so black and white aren’t they!

As I said above. I could be wrong!

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

Surely that would be driving without due care and attention, not being aware of other road users etc.

I expect it would be. It’s just it seems to be making things more difficult and having to hope and pray more and more that the car behind you is paying attention even more than we already do.

I suppose I won’t know how well or badly it goes until people are doing it. I just can’t imagine it will be a good idea.

I’ve been known to be wrong before though… it happened once in 1997 and it’s never happened since

! "

Surely if you are approaching a junction you should be expecting to stop anyway.

over a year ago

"As for the Highway Code changes saying motorists should give way to pedestrians when turning into and out of roads… if that’s the case then it’s just bloody mental. There will surely be constant rear end smashes from the driver behind not realising. Unless I’ve taken something wrong there?

As I said above. I could be wrong! "

If you CBA, don't respond.

It is pretty black and white. It's the basic shit people learn when they first learn to drive.

over a year ago

Padded crotch lycra tights.

Can anyone fart in them? I'm concerned that several pies and pints could lead to severe trapped wind.

over a year ago

As I said above. I could be wrong!

If you CBA, don't respond.

It is pretty black and white. It's the basic shit people learn when they first learn to drive."

OK pal

over a year ago

"Padded crotch lycra tights.

Can anyone fart in them? I'm concerned that several pies and pints could lead to severe trapped wind."

The crotch isn’t padded, you sit on your ass not your balls…

over a year ago

Ref the highway code changes .. I think they ran a 2 year consultation period for the various proposals and are now rolling out the ones that they took forward

You can easily find it by Google searching 'highway code changes 2022'

Police forces and newspapers have been promoting awareness of the changes in law for all road users

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

It's as if some drivers, all vehicles, did their driving theory on Grand Theft Auto...

By *ustainableMan
over a year ago

alwnick

And I wonder how many drink and cycle too I’m not against cyclists as long as equal rules for all people that use roads

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"And I wonder how many drink and cycle too I’m not against cyclists as long as equal rules for all people that use roads "

Good point, as your licence can't be affected.

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

"And I wonder how many drink and cycle too I’m not against cyclists as long as equal rules for all people that use roads "

It is equal rules it is illegal to ride a bike under the influence.

over a year ago

Really? Ok let’s take your statement at face value. Yea, it’s equal rules. You can have your license taken away even if you are riding something that’s DOES NOT NEED A LICENSE. So I’m in tact road rules are stricter for cyclists. So now we’ve established you’re not against cyclists … what’s your issue? It’s not that they are taking up your spot at the bar because we all see them riding en masse to the pub for scampi and a pint right and never having coffee and a cake in a nice cafe etc. what’s really up, did a bike once shit in your porridge?

over a year ago

"And I wonder how many drink and cycle too I’m not against cyclists as long as equal rules for all people that use roads

Good point, as your licence can't be affected."

Big flashing family fortune red X for you…

over a year ago

"Me.. But the sun, moon and planets have to be aligned lately lol

I like cycling next to water - canals, rivers, around lakes /nature reserves.. Or on specific cycle paths or quieter roads

Cycling on the road where i live is not a pleasant experience "

That's what I am lucky enough to do. My daily bike ride is @15 miles on urban cycle paths, canal towpath, a bit of road if I choose, but I could do @32 miles without touching a road..

As it's mostly trails and towpath I'm looking at going to a full suspension bike as my hardtail is destroying my crotch!

over a year ago

That's what I am lucky enough to do. My daily bike ride is @15 miles on urban cycle paths, canal towpath, a bit of road if I choose, but I could do @32 miles without touching a road..

As it's mostly trails and towpath I'm looking at going to a full suspension bike as my hardtail is destroying my crotch! "

Get a redshift suspension seatpost - game changer on my cyclocross/gravel no-sus bike…

over a year ago

!

Surely if you are approaching a junction you should be expecting to stop anyway."

Yep. But I’m not referring to that. I’m referring to the part that says if your turning off a main road and there are people waiting to cross at a junction into the side road you still have to stop. So you will be coming to a standstill on a main road which is where I’m thinking people may not be expecting you to stop. A car isn’t see through and not everyone behind you can see what you can.

But hey, don’t tailgate and it’ll never happen apparently and there’s no other reason at all why it should or could.

By *ustainableMan
over a year ago

alwnick

Funny how as I’m in my fifties and had to do a cycling profiency course which lead late to taking to tests to get full motorbike licence then a test to drive a car that I’m getting shit for stating facts wonder how many other people on here that ride bicycles actually signal to turn left or right as mebbe they know no different

over a year ago

!

Surely if you are approaching a junction you should be expecting to stop anyway.

Yep. But I’m not referring to that. I’m referring to the part that says if your turning off a main road and there are people waiting to cross at a junction into the side road you still have to stop. So you will be coming to a standstill on a main road which is where I’m thinking people may not be expecting you to stop. A car isn’t see through and not everyone behind you can see what you can.

But hey, don’t tailgate and it’ll never happen apparently and there’s no other reason at all why it should or could. "

No different to a road crossing, old lady called in the road, massive puddle etc. driving behind someone is fairly straightforward, leave enough space and you have time to react

over a year ago

As it's mostly trails and towpath I'm looking at going to a full suspension bike as my hardtail is destroying my crotch!

Get a redshift suspension seatpost - game changer on my cyclocross/gravel no-sus bike…"

Thanks. Not seen these before and they look good, but my whole bike only cost £350! Plus a full/dual suspension will be easier on the arms too. I don't compete, I just cycle for the exercise.

over a year ago

"Funny how as I’m in my fifties and had to do a cycling profiency course which lead late to taking to tests to get full motorbike licence then a test to drive a car that I’m getting shit for stating facts wonder how many other people on here that ride bicycles actually signal to turn left or right as mebbe they know no different "

Why are you just conjecturing out loud and referring obliquely to those that reply to you? What is this post actually meant to say other than a general desire to denigrate cyclists

over a year ago

"Yep. But I’m not referring to that. I’m referring to the part that says if your turning off a main road and there are people waiting to cross at a junction into the side road you still have to stop. So you will be coming to a standstill on a main road which is where I’m thinking people may not be expecting you to stop. A car isn’t see through and not everyone behind you can see what you can.

But hey, don’t tailgate and it’ll never happen apparently and there’s no other reason at all why it should or could. "

I don't get the point you're trying to make.

When I learned to drive one of the basics was that if a vehicle in front of you stops, it's best not to drive into it.

So far I've found that approach has worked pretty well

over a year ago

"Yep. But I’m not referring to that. I’m referring to the part that says if your turning off a main road and there are people waiting to cross at a junction into the side road you still have to stop. So you will be coming to a standstill on a main road which is where I’m thinking people may not be expecting you to stop. A car isn’t see through and not everyone behind you can see what you can.

But hey, don’t tailgate and it’ll never happen apparently and there’s no other reason at all why it should or could.

When I learned to drive one of the basics was that if a vehicle in front of you stops, it's best not to drive into it.

So far I've found that approach has worked pretty well "

Well obviously that’s the right approach. I’m not a fan of tailgating either. The problem I’m getting at is if your driving down a main road, you won’t ever expect the car in front to stop when it’s turning into what looks to you like a clear road.

I’m not saying this will necessarily be the case but I can just imagine that a lot of people will have, at the very least, a few close calls with this and I won’t be impressed if I get my car rear ended from following these new rules.

I don’t believe they’re active yet though?

over a year ago

So far I've found that approach has worked pretty well

Well obviously that’s the right approach. I’m not a fan of tailgating either. The problem I’m getting at is if your driving down a main road, you won’t ever expect the car in front to stop when it’s turning into what looks to you like a clear road.

I’m not saying this will necessarily be the case but I can just imagine that a lot of people will have, at the very least, a few close calls with this and I won’t be impressed if I get my car rear ended from following these new rules.

I don’t believe they’re active yet though? "

I kind of get your point. Where we live we have to turn off down a single track road and where most people slow down behind and wait until we've turned off, there are some that actually speed up and overtake like we're a big inconvenience to them.

I can see for that sort of driver they could end up rear ending a vehicle if it stops when turning in.

The issue there is still with the person driving like a dick though given that it's always been the case that when you turn a corner you may have to unexpectedly stop.

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

"Funny how as I’m in my fifties and had to do a cycling profiency course which lead late to taking to tests to get full motorbike licence then a test to drive a car that I’m getting shit for stating facts wonder how many other people on here that ride bicycles actually signal to turn left or right as mebbe they know no different "

Funny how the original post was "who likes road cycling?" Not lets slag of cyclists as a cyclist i follow the rules of the road, I move closer to the kerb if it is possible and safe to do so if there is a vehicle behind, I always make sure I am well lit, always wear high viz clothing, I use cycle paths if they are there and signal when turning can I ask the anti cyclist people what more I can do to keep you happy.

over a year ago

"Funny how as I’m in my fifties and had to do a cycling profiency course which lead late to taking to tests to get full motorbike licence then a test to drive a car that I’m getting shit for stating facts wonder how many other people on here that ride bicycles actually signal to turn left or right as mebbe they know no different

Funny how the original post was "who likes road cycling?" Not lets slag of cyclists as a cyclist i follow the rules of the road, I move closer to the kerb if it is possible and safe to do so if there is a vehicle behind, I always make sure I am well lit, always wear high viz clothing, I use cycle paths if they are there and signal when turning can I ask the anti cyclist people what more I can do to keep you happy."

The mere mention of cycling or cyclists seems to trigger irrational rage in some folk.

And, let’s face it. Rarely does a thread stay on topic. I’m surprised nobody’s mentions cake yet.

Snog!

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

We're a family of cyclists here and it's our main form of transport as we don't drive.

My husband's the more experienced and better cyclist so will go on roads more. But roads scare me. I'm just glad we live near a park and canals and can get around quite easily. But routes are planned to make sure the kids will be safe and can stay on pavements as much as possible.

I joke and say I wear a bright coat so if I get hit by a car I know they've seen me and meant it, but frankly there's some nutty drivers out there who scare me. I've been beeped at and had a car get very close when out in the evening where the roads were pretty empty and I had a high Viz jacket on. I must have slowed them down for at least 10 seconds but it properly shook me. The majority are considerate though

over a year ago

"Them lycra wearing twats that take up the roads and have no consideration for cars. 1 on there own isn't too bad but when you get groups takin up all the road I feel like ploughing into them. Is it worth goin prison though ??. And why wear all that lycra shit I can understand in professional racing cos it shaves seconds off there times. Anyway each to there own but personally I think they are all assholes . Well not all just the groups of them

Is it not easier to overtake a group of them (on the other side of the road) Rather than 300 yards of single file riding?.."

sometimes you can't can you if narrow roads and busy on other side or a country road with lots of corners so you can't risk it

over a year ago

"Is it not easier to overtake a group of them (on the other side of the road) Rather than 300 yards of single file riding?.. sometimes you can't can you if narrow roads and busy on other side or a country road with lots of corners so you can't risk it "

That's the bit where you wait. It's the same as passing pedestrians and horses. You wait in your nice comfy metal box.

over a year ago

"Them lycra wearing twats that take up the roads and have no consideration for cars. 1 on there own isn't too bad but when you get groups takin up all the road I feel like ploughing into them. Is it worth goin prison though ??. And why wear all that lycra shit I can understand in professional racing cos it shaves seconds off there times. Anyway each to there own but personally I think they are all assholes . Well not all just the groups of them

A most assuring insight into the mind of a fellow human driving a ton of metal "

well I pay for my tomne of metal to use the roads, cyclists dont so why can't they stay on path or go down parks or somewhere safe. Or even better go I single file or just be more considerate for drivers of vehicles

By *oveGiving44Man
over a year ago

Bristol

This right here is why I stopped cycling. I always followed the highway code and local police guidance but the attitude of many motorists is horrifying. It's just too dangerous to cycle on the roads.

over a year ago

A most assuring insight into the mind of a fellow human driving a ton of metal well I pay for my tomne of metal to use the roads, cyclists dont so why can't they stay on path or go down parks or somewhere safe. Or even better go I single file or just be more considerate for drivers of vehicles "

Cyclists don't pay for their bikes?

I'd rather they stayed on the road.

And you stayed off it

By *piping-hot.Man
over a year ago

Rutland - visiting Warminster

Road cyclist in NI here

over a year ago

evesham

Is it not easier to overtake a group of them (on the other side of the road) Rather than 300 yards of single file riding?.. sometimes you can't can you if narrow roads and busy on other side or a country road with lots of corners so you can't risk it "

then you shouldnt be overtaking anyway! you should only overtake if it is safe to do so.....

By *oveGiving44Man
over a year ago

Bristol

A most assuring insight into the mind of a fellow human driving a ton of metal well I pay for my tomne of metal to use the roads, cyclists dont so why can't they stay on path or go down parks or somewhere safe. Or even better go I single file or just be more considerate for drivers of vehicles "

According to the government's website electric vehicles, steam vehicles and vehicles built before 1981 are exempt too. So are vehicles used by disabled people. They'd better get off the road too eh?

over a year ago

evesham

seriously....surrender your license!!!

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

A most assuring insight into the mind of a fellow human driving a ton of metal well I pay for my tomne of metal to use the roads, cyclists dont so why can't they stay on path or go down parks or somewhere safe. Or even better go I single file or just be more considerate for drivers of vehicles

According to the government's website electric vehicles, steam vehicles and vehicles built before 1981 are exempt too. So are vehicles used by disabled people. They'd better get off the road too eh?"

Don't forget all vehicles that have come over from Ireland or mainland Europe, how much have they paid to drive on our roads?

By *angOnBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Ipswich

No, you pay excise duty on pollutants. Roads are paid for through general taxation and everyone has the right to use them. They are not built purely for cars.

People should have consideration for others, patience and respect.

By *atriciayoiditTV/TS
over a year ago

hatfield

best reply i have seen on any of these threads....well said...

By *atriciayoiditTV/TS
over a year ago

hatfield

"Is it not easier to overtake a group of them (on the other side of the road) Rather than 300 yards of single file riding?..

Safer for everyone too, hence the recent changes to Highway Code"

the changes are not to protect cyclist..they are there to create work for the legal wasters and keep them in work.i am sure that lots of cyclist have been knocked off their bikes and the justice lowlifes have seen this and have shifted the blame to motorists for income raising..

over a year ago

"Well it works both ways really as some car drivers are terrible and don’t have any consideration for cyclists . I enjoy going out on my own not in big groups but the roads can be a scary place at times to idiot drivers that think they own the road and have no patience.."
we do own the roads cos we pay road tax

By *utdooryoneMan
over a year ago

Over there

"we do own the roads cos we pay road tax "

Best ask for a refund - no one has paid Road Tax since the early 1960's.

You pay Vehicle Excise Duty, based on how polluting your mode of transport and chosen model is.

And VED is only a fraction of the road cost, most is paid for out of general taxation, including Council Tax.

Do you want a count down for the (also incorrect) 'cyclists are not insured' and 'cyclists are not licenced' statements?

By *utdooryoneMan
over a year ago

Over there

"Them lycra wearing twats that take up the roads and have no consideration for cars. 1 on there own isn't too bad but when you get groups takin up all the road I feel like ploughing into them. Is it worth goin prison though ??. And why wear all that lycra shit I can understand in professional racing cos it shaves seconds off there times. Anyway each to there own but personally I think they are all assholes . Well not all just the groups of them best reply i have seen on any of these threads....well said..."

Please go look someone's wife / husband / child / parent in the eye and threaten to run them over. Maybe imagine your family on the receiving end.

Scary people.

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

"Well it works both ways really as some car drivers are terrible and don’t have any consideration for cyclists . I enjoy going out on my own not in big groups but the roads can be a scary place at times to idiot drivers that think they own the road and have no patience..we do own the roads cos we pay road tax "

The only roads that get any funding from the road tax are major trunk roads and motorways that cyclist can't ride on anyway as the roads are mainly paid for though council tax I assume you never drive outside your local authority area

over a year ago

The mention of cycling quickly reveals the road ragers.

over a year ago

"I cycle almost every day, it's great for my physical wellbeing, but more my mental wellbeing, I'm lucky enough to live a fantastic area for cycling. Judging by some of the comments above, i really do think some of the posters should seek professional help, especially if you feel like ploughing into a group of cyclists "
professional help for wot ? Sayin I Feel like ploughing into a group of inconsiderate twats who take up all the road..didn't say I have done it just thats how they make me feel..why do people take everythin out of context

over a year ago

"I cycle almost every day, it's great for my physical wellbeing, but more my mental wellbeing, I'm lucky enough to live a fantastic area for cycling. Judging by some of the comments above, i really do think some of the posters should seek professional help, especially if you feel like ploughing into a group of cyclists professional help for wot ? Sayin I Feel like ploughing into a group of inconsiderate twats who take up all the road..didn't say I have done it just thats how they make me feel..why do people take everythin out of context "

Genuinely interested to know what ‘taking up the road’ means. Because I have a sneaky feeling it means stopping you speeding like a tear in your pimped up Astra. Now don’t take this out of context, for clarity I’m just calling you a cunt

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

"I cycle almost every day, it's great for my physical wellbeing, but more my mental wellbeing, I'm lucky enough to live a fantastic area for cycling. Judging by some of the comments above, i really do think some of the posters should seek professional help, especially if you feel like ploughing into a group of cyclists professional help for wot ? Sayin I Feel like ploughing into a group of inconsiderate twats who take up all the road..didn't say I have done it just thats how they make me feel..why do people take everythin out of context

Genuinely interested to know what ‘taking up the road’ means. Because I have a sneaky feeling it means stopping you speeding like a tear in your pimped up Astra. Now don’t take this out of context, for clarity I’m just calling you a cunt "

By *utdooryoneMan
over a year ago

Over there

"

Genuinely interested to know what ‘taking up the road’ means. Because I have a sneaky feeling it means stopping you speeding like a tear in your pimped up Astra. Now don’t take this out of context, for clarity I’m just calling you a cunt

"

That seems fair enough.

over a year ago

A most assuring insight into the mind of a fellow human driving a ton of metal well I pay for my tomne of metal to use the roads, cyclists dont so why can't they stay on path or go down parks or somewhere safe. Or even better go I single file or just be more considerate for drivers of vehicles

seriously....surrender your license!!!"

yes wot a good idea, I will hand my license in for having a thought

By *haron StonerTV/TS
over a year ago

Haywards Heath

"Them lycra wearing twats that take up the roads and have no consideration for cars. 1 on there own isn't too bad but when you get groups takin up all the road "

Well I've a big diesel truck which is no speed boat. I jus pull around in front then just idle away in front of them so they get some of that nice fresh country air.

over a year ago

"I cycle almost every day, it's great for my physical wellbeing, but more my mental wellbeing, I'm lucky enough to live a fantastic area for cycling. Judging by some of the comments above, i really do think some of the posters should seek professional help, especially if you feel like ploughing into a group of cyclists professional help for wot ? Sayin I Feel like ploughing into a group of inconsiderate twats who take up all the road..didn't say I have done it just thats how they make me feel..why do people take everythin out of context "

Would you feel like ploughing into 5 cars with single people inside, or is it just the little, vulnerable bicycles that bring out such feelings of aggression?

over a year ago

I will look forward to seeing you Knockin about

over a year ago

Can't help but wonder if some comments here may in the near future be used as evidence in a court of law

over a year ago

must of been scary for the nurse dealing with you

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Well it works both ways really as some car drivers are terrible and don’t have any consideration for cyclists . I enjoy going out on my own not in big groups but the roads can be a scary place at times to idiot drivers that think they own the road and have no patience..we do own the roads cos we pay road tax "

No u dont!

over a year ago

"Is it not easier to overtake a group of them (on the other side of the road) Rather than 300 yards of single file riding?.. sometimes you can't can you if narrow roads and busy on other side or a country road with lots of corners so you can't risk it

That's the bit where you wait. It's the same as passing pedestrians and horses. You wait in your nice comfy metal box."

I don't mind waiting for it to be sage to pass . Im talkin about those groups you get that know full well that they are takin up all the road side by side talkin and deliberately being a road cunt ...iv said not single riders on there own and not all groups..but those who do it on purpose and don't say they don't exist cos they do

over a year ago

"Mtb enduro or trials for me, too much lycra and legs shaving for me "

Very much this if theres no jumps and drop offs it does nothing for me

over a year ago

"Is it not easier to overtake a group of them (on the other side of the road) Rather than 300 yards of single file riding?.. sometimes you can't can you if narrow roads and busy on other side or a country road with lots of corners so you can't risk it

That's the bit where you wait. It's the same as passing pedestrians and horses. You wait in your nice comfy metal box.I don't mind waiting for it to be sage to pass . Im talkin about those groups you get that know full well that they are takin up all the road side by side talkin and deliberately being a road cunt ...iv said not single riders on there own and not all groups..but those who do it on purpose and don't say they don't exist cos they do"

They don’t exist

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

That's the bit where you wait. It's the same as passing pedestrians and horses. You wait in your nice comfy metal box.I don't mind waiting for it to be sage to pass . Im talkin about those groups you get that know full well that they are takin up all the road side by side talkin and deliberately being a road cunt ...iv said not single riders on there own and not all groups..but those who do it on purpose and don't say they don't exist cos they do

They don’t exist"

X

over a year ago

That's the bit where you wait. It's the same as passing pedestrians and horses. You wait in your nice comfy metal box.I don't mind waiting for it to be sage to pass . Im talkin about those groups you get that know full well that they are takin up all the road side by side talkin and deliberately being a road cunt ...iv said not single riders on there own and not all groups..but those who do it on purpose and don't say they don't exist cos they do"

Yeah well dicks will be dicks whatever they drive/ride/cycle/walk

I wouldn't pretend I've never been fed up stuck behind something. But if I was feeling like I desired to physically hurt them, I'd feel I needed to have a good hard think about what my problem is.

By *ob08Man
over a year ago

Macclesfield

I'd prefer to do something less hated, like being a traffic warden

By *ooliganMan
over a year ago

Preston

Yeah that’s right, we just do it piss off the dick from a Charnock Richard

over a year ago

Some folk need to calm down a tad when they’re driving. They’ll have a thrombo’.

Don’t like being held up by slower road user? Set off a few minutes earlier. It’s really simple.

over a year ago

"Is it not easier to overtake a group of them (on the other side of the road) Rather than 300 yards of single file riding?..

Safer for everyone too, hence the recent changes to Highway Codethe changes are not to protect cyclist..they are there to create work for the legal wasters and keep them in work.i am sure that lots of cyclist have been knocked off their bikes and the justice lowlifes have seen this and have shifted the blame to motorists for income raising.."

Whatever planet you're on .. please stay there

By *unty33 OP   Man
over a year ago

hereford

Just cos you pay tax doesn’t mean you own the road ..

over a year ago

"I cycle almost every day, it's great for my physical wellbeing, but more my mental wellbeing, I'm lucky enough to live a fantastic area for cycling. Judging by some of the comments above, i really do think some of the posters should seek professional help, especially if you feel like ploughing into a group of cyclists professional help for wot ? Sayin I Feel like ploughing into a group of inconsiderate twats who take up all the road..didn't say I have done it just thats how they make me feel..why do people take everythin out of context

Would you feel like ploughing into 5 cars with single people inside, or is it just the little, vulnerable bicycles that bring out such feelings of aggression?"

no alot of people get these feelings..people who don't indicate especially coppers, cyclists of course, taxi drivers that park in middle of the road waiting for customers. These are just those who are on the road. In general life there's lots of people that grind my gears does it make me a bad person ?? Someone's going to tel me so i should imagine...like everybody on this thread is a 100% law abiding citizen with pure thoughts ...que 4 the do gooders to have there say

over a year ago

Would you feel like ploughing into 5 cars with single people inside, or is it just the little, vulnerable bicycles that bring out such feelings of aggression?

Must be the roid rage. I know he won’t mind me stereotyping people who’s public profile is mostly pictures of him topless or punching things, as he’s clearly down with sweeping generalisations, I just hope his erectile disfunction kicks in before he comes to fuck me up, which no doubt he’ll sugggest next "

aww are you jealous cos I'm in better shape than you ??. That's wot people say as soon as they see someone with a bit of muscle its always down to steroid abuse . Nobody can be in good shape just through hard work can they lol. And I don't need to suggest fuckin you up cos we ain't in the school play ground are we. And im not a keyboard warrior unlike some

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

Would you feel like ploughing into 5 cars with single people inside, or is it just the little, vulnerable bicycles that bring out such feelings of aggression?no alot of people get these feelings..people who don't indicate especially coppers, cyclists of course, taxi drivers that park in middle of the road waiting for customers. These are just those who are on the road. In general life there's lots of people that grind my gears does it make me a bad person ?? Someone's going to tel me so i should imagine...like everybody on this thread is a 100% law abiding citizen with pure thoughts ...que 4 the do gooders to have there say "

There is a difference between getting passed off because someone has done something you don't like and saying you want to commit murder.

By *ob08Man
over a year ago

Macclesfield

"Just cos you pay tax doesn’t mean you own the road .."

No-one has payed road tax since 1937

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Last time I cycled on a road, I somersaulted over a car

over a year ago

Would you feel like ploughing into 5 cars with single people inside, or is it just the little, vulnerable bicycles that bring out such feelings of aggression?no alot of people get these feelings..people who don't indicate especially coppers, cyclists of course, taxi drivers that park in middle of the road waiting for customers. These are just those who are on the road. In general life there's lots of people that grind my gears does it make me a bad person ?? Someone's going to tel me so i should imagine...like everybody on this thread is a 100% law abiding citizen with pure thoughts ...que 4 the do gooders to have there say

There is a difference between getting passed off because someone has done something you don't like and saying you want to commit murder."

didn't say I want to commit murder though did I?? I said I FEEL like ploughing into them..doesn't mean I have done or will do

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

[Removed by poster at 08/01/22 20:44:39]

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

Would you feel like ploughing into 5 cars with single people inside, or is it just the little, vulnerable bicycles that bring out such feelings of aggression?no alot of people get these feelings..people who don't indicate especially coppers, cyclists of course, taxi drivers that park in middle of the road waiting for customers. These are just those who are on the road. In general life there's lots of people that grind my gears does it make me a bad person ?? Someone's going to tel me so i should imagine...like everybody on this thread is a 100% law abiding citizen with pure thoughts ...que 4 the do gooders to have there say

There is a difference between getting passed off because someone has done something you don't like and saying you want to commit murder.didn't say I want to commit murder though did I?? I said I FEEL like ploughing into them..doesn't mean I have done or will do "

It's exactly what you said no-one is suggesting you have done it or you will do it just you said you wanted to

over a year ago

Must be the roid rage. I know he won’t mind me stereotyping people who’s public profile is mostly pictures of him topless or punching things, as he’s clearly down with sweeping generalisations, I just hope his erectile disfunction kicks in before he comes to fuck me up, which no doubt he’ll sugggest next aww are you jealous cos I'm in better shape than you ??. That's wot people say as soon as they see someone with a bit of muscle its always down to steroid abuse . Nobody can be in good shape just through hard work can they lol. And I don't need to suggest fuckin you up cos we ain't in the school play ground are we. And im not a keyboard warrior unlike some "

Jeez, I’m not saying that about all punchbag twatting ricky fatton wannabes, don’t take it out of context. I’m just saying it about the ones who bust into the room of cyclists after dropping some roofs and protein and say they have feeling about killing everyone inside and don’t tell me they don’t exist because they do…

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Well it works both ways really, as some car drivers are terrible and don’t have any consideration for cyclists . I enjoy going out on my own not in big groups but the roads can be a scary place at times to idiot drivers that think they own the road and have no patience..we do own the roads cos we pay road tax

No u dont!"

Hypothecated is the jargon for ring fenced. The TV licence/tax is spent on the BBC and a few other cminor channels too. It dose not fund the BBC Worldwide arms.

Car, Lorry and Motorbike tax just goes into general taxation. If it was ring fenced and I think it should be, then I would feel a lot better for paying it.

Do you think that HGVs and buses deserve the most respect on the roads as they are spending an absolute fortune on their tax and fuel bills?

(More spending=more rights?)

Or is it because they can squash you in your little car? 40 tonnes vs 1-2 tonnes is a no brainer: a Scania will alway win against a Volvo in that scenario!

How many pedestrians in car parks are drivers and do they have the right to slow car drivers down, even if the speed limit is typically 10mph or lower in some places?

over a year ago

Must be the roid rage. I know he won’t mind me stereotyping people who’s public profile is mostly pictures of him topless or punching things, as he’s clearly down with sweeping generalisations, I just hope his erectile disfunction kicks in before he comes to fuck me up, which no doubt he’ll sugggest next aww are you jealous cos I'm in better shape than you ??. That's wot people say as soon as they see someone with a bit of muscle its always down to steroid abuse . Nobody can be in good shape just through hard work can they lol. And I don't need to suggest fuckin you up cos we ain't in the school play ground are we. And im not a keyboard warrior unlike some

Jeez, I’m not saying that about all punchbag twatting ricky fatton wannabes, don’t take it out of context. I’m just saying it about the ones who bust into the room of cyclists after dropping some roofs and protein and say they have feeling about killing everyone inside and don’t tell me they don’t exist because they do…"

someone's gettin angry , would think its you with roid rage but by looks of you it's deffo not that . And last time I looked I wasn't fat ..the exact opposite..your tryin to body shame me now ..seriously your not a nice guy neither are you..true colours are comin out are they ??

over a year ago

Must be the roid rage. I know he won’t mind me stereotyping people who’s public profile is mostly pictures of him topless or punching things, as he’s clearly down with sweeping generalisations, I just hope his erectile disfunction kicks in before he comes to fuck me up, which no doubt he’ll sugggest next aww are you jealous cos I'm in better shape than you ??. That's wot people say as soon as they see someone with a bit of muscle its always down to steroid abuse . Nobody can be in good shape just through hard work can they lol. And I don't need to suggest fuckin you up cos we ain't in the school play ground are we. And im not a keyboard warrior unlike some

Jeez, I’m not saying that about all punchbag twatting ricky fatton wannabes, don’t take it out of context. I’m just saying it about the ones who bust into the room of cyclists after dropping some roofs and protein and say they have feeling about killing everyone inside and don’t tell me they don’t exist because they do…"

and what are roofs ?

over a year ago

Jeez, I’m not saying that about all punchbag twatting ricky fatton wannabes, don’t take it out of context. I’m just saying it about the ones who bust into the room of cyclists after dropping some roofs and protein and say they have feeling about killing everyone inside and don’t tell me they don’t exist because they do…someone's gettin angry , would think its you with roid rage but by looks of you it's deffo not that . And last time I looked I wasn't fat ..the exact opposite..your tryin to body shame me now ..seriously your not a nice guy neither are you..true colours are comin out are they ??"

Let it out roid boy, I’m just making utterly obnoxious easy potshots at a cliché from a different tribe to mine, just like you xx

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

This was meant to be a topic about roadies pushing their pedals in anger, not roidies getting angry with non roidies getting generalistic.

Let's lighten up and get back on topic, before the mods shut this post down.

over a year ago

Jeez, I’m not saying that about all punchbag twatting ricky fatton wannabes, don’t take it out of context. I’m just saying it about the ones who bust into the room of cyclists after dropping some roofs and protein and say they have feeling about killing everyone inside and don’t tell me they don’t exist because they do…and what are roofs ? "

Typo for roids. Or roofies. Whichever you pop most

over a year ago

"This was meant to be a topic about roadies pushing their pedals in anger, not roidies getting angry with non roidies getting generalistic.

"

This post was ruined by post 3 and there’s barely any space left for you know, people who like bikes to chat about them. Suggest starting a new one tomorrow tbh.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"It looks dangerous. "

No more dangerous than horse riding, I've been therown off a horse. Mind you I did try jumping fences in the first couple of minutes. The height of some of those 17 handers, can be dangerous.

Horses kick, cycles don't. I'm not anti-horse, they have their own risks too: horse poo on roads is lethal to two wheeled vehicles, especially in traffic calming areas.

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman
over a year ago

lancashire

I would just like to say....As a Horse rider who is a sensible and safe rider...I have had some real scary incidents with vehicles because the driver hasn't shown any respect or used any common sense to slow down or when over taking just over take with plenty of space between your car and the Horse...One driver overtook so close to me and the Horse I was riding his wing mirror scraped against my foot...thank fully nothing happened regarding my Horse freaking out...it really did freak me out as any closer and he would have hit my Horse. So please all you drivers of cars, motor bikes, tractors, bin wagons, cyclists.....when approaching any Horses please slow down and overtake with plenty of space...if you see a Horse been a tad naughty on the road cos' it's been spooked by some thing...again Please slow down and allow for the Horse to calm down.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"This was meant to be a topic about roadies pushing their pedals in anger, not roidies getting angry with non roidies getting generalistic.

This post was ruined by post 3 and there’s barely any space left for you know, people who like bikes to chat about them. Suggest starting a new one tomorrow tbh. "

Post 4 killed it. I never knew Jeremy Clarkson incarnate was on here.

over a year ago

This post was ruined by post 3 and there’s barely any space left for you know, people who like bikes to chat about them. Suggest starting a new one tomorrow tbh.

Post 4 killed it. I never knew Jeremy Clarkson incarnate was on here."

Yeah I was going on memory, I meant that one, got respect for the downhill nutters

over a year ago

Told you that wearing the bellend shaped hat is no good for you . You can't even count now can you ??. Or maybe your anger is gettin the better of you and your loosing your head..angry little man arnt you ..your no better than me are you ..tut tut

Yeah I was going on memory, I meant that one, got respect for the downhill nutters"

over a year ago

Its time this post was closed

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Yeah I was going on memory, I meant that one, got respect for the downhill nutters"

Yeah, I know what you mean.

At least we can agree, that Alpe D'Huez is THE mountain that unites us, the 21 hairpins in summer, then the ski slopes in winter. I can hear those cowhorns now...dunk-a-lunka-lunk.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Cowbells, not horns.

over a year ago

Yeah I was going on memory, I meant that one, got respect for the downhill nutters

Yeah, I know what you mean.

At least we can agree, that Alpe D'Huez is THE mountain that unites us, the 21 hairpins in summer, then the ski slopes in winter. I can hear those cowhorns now...dunk-a-lunka-lunk. "

Agreed, bike up, snowboard down. Ok MTB in the summer if you must

I’ve actually never done it but I’ve done some Tour de France mountain stages

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"

I’ve actually never done it but I’ve done some Tour de France mountain stages "

Wow and Kudos. Which mountains?

I've ridden a section of the tour of Britain, Southport to Liverpool section, before the closed off roads were reopened to the public. That was my (and my mates) first taste of closed roads. We thought that 20mph+ was fast, but they had finished that 10 section and a few city laps before we even got there.

Felt good but knackered.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

DM you've got some great climbs near you. I do like the one opposite the Giant Shop in Sheffield, through the houses. Manchester road is calling me...one day.

By *otfoot377Man
over a year ago

Chingford

There is some nice cycling just on the outskirts of east London, Essex way, near Epping, Ongar, Navestock worth checking out.

By *appy nakedMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

I used to ride road a lot when younger, mostly around North Wales in the hills, switched to MTB as the roads got worse and driving standards dropped.

Thing I notice now is when I do go out on my road bike, country roads that rarely had cars on in the past now have a lot, most are considerate but some have no patience at all.

Still like the odd run out on the roads though

By *ustamanMan
over a year ago

weymouth

Ex competitive road and track, haven't really cycled in years as there's a disconnect between what my body says it can do as apposed to what my head says

By *etterryseeMan
over a year ago

near Swindon

Riding around 120 miles a week - looking forward to less layers in the summer!!

Post new Message to Thread