Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tips...

Jump to newest

By *picknspan OP   Man
over a year ago

North West Leeds

Morning all

I am not a tipster or an expert but I do have fairly frequent small bets and do have a fairly decent success rate.

I am going to offer you some of my amateur advice and if you feel lucky then maybe you may wish to have a go.

It is (apart from synthetic flat racing tracks) National Hunt racing at this time of year. That is to say racing various distances and jumping either hurdles or fences.

Today the weather is very wet and so todays key is finding animals that like soft or heavy ground. Also, if a horse has run well over 3 miles and is running over 2 and a half in soft/heavy conditions then the extra stamina is invaluable. Equally if a horse has run well over 2 and a half miles in good conditions then the slower soft ground will probably sap its energy at 2 miles and will probably not get home. 

Saturdays are great days for racing as the better horses run in the better races generally run on a Saturday.  Can be competitive but also the odds can be of more value.

Value is the thing for me.

Unless you have reliable info then betting big on short prices over obstacles can be financially draining. 

So, I prefer to hunt for value, bigger odds. I like prices of around 6/1 to 12/1  largely. Bigger prices sometimes too.

Because the horses jump over obstacles then each way bets are my preference.  A stumble at a final fence or hurdle can be the difference between finishing first or second (or third) if this, as often happens when horses tire, does mean my choice is second (placed) I get some return. 

My preferred bet is a patent or similar. This is 7 bets (14 e/w) 3 x single bets, 3 x double bets and 1 x treble bet.

I normally bet like this;

3 x £2 e/w singles

3 x £1 e/w doubles

1 x £1 e/w treble

Total £20

So here are my 3 for today.

13.50 Sandown UP THE STRAIGHT  (6-1)

14.40 Wincanton EARTH BUSINESS (11-1)

15.00 Sandown GWENCILY BERBAS (8-1)

Cheers

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Do they do lucky dips?

By *ourPleasureOnlyMan
over a year ago

halewood

Um, all three of the horses didn't finish anywhere near, not much tip going on here

Post new Message to Thread