Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The best of series - B&B

Jump to newest

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

I thought I start a 'The best of...' series of places people have stayed at, dinned in, visited etc and liked. This one is about nice B&Bs as I enjoy short breaks both in UK (and some European countries). If you know of one, just reply and add to the list below with the name and area please. I know everyone likes different things but could be a good starting point for anyone looking for one. Thanks.

Name________________________Area

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Still looking for some of these and also the rest of the Best of series of threads including hotels restaurants, little gem places to visit etc.

Anyone stayed in a lovely b&b, quaint, clean, great breakfast. I love short breaks and interested to know your experiences.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Looking for some tips.

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Looking for some tips. "

Me too but noone is forthcoming. I think they might not like to share all the good ones

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Looking for some tips.

Me too but noone is forthcoming. I think they might not like to share all the good ones "

I've only ever had bad experiences with B&Bs. Always use chain hotels now.

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Looking for some tips.

Me too but noone is forthcoming. I think they might not like to share all the good ones

I've only ever had bad experiences with B&Bs. Always use chain hotels now. "

I know what you mean. Some are nice especially if they have a swimming pool and spa facilities

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

If you like quirkiness try the Sanctuary Bookshop B&B in Lyme Regis. Run by the owners of the secondhand bookshop downstairs. The wife is Japanese so you can pay a bit extra and have a Japanese breakfast. The sitting room is also a store room for some of their stock. We sat around and looked at first editions and the adult books - it's where we discovered a book still much joked about called The Art of Fisting. Wish we'd bought it. Brilliant location, lovely owners. They let me stay for a rest after kicking out time as I had morning sickness when we stayed. Thoroughly recommend

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"If you like quirkiness try the Sanctuary Bookshop B&B in Lyme Regis. Run by the owners of the secondhand bookshop downstairs. The wife is Japanese so you can pay a bit extra and have a Japanese breakfast. The sitting room is also a store room for some of their stock. We sat around and looked at first editions and the adult books - it's where we discovered a book still much joked about called The Art of Fisting. Wish we'd bought it. Brilliant location, lovely owners. They let me stay for a rest after kicking out time as I had morning sickness when we stayed. Thoroughly recommend "

Sounds intriguing, and surrounded by proper books rather than scrolling up and down your amazon kindle it's so much more satisfying

Post new Message to Thread