Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Could you do vanilla ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I recently found that I find vanilla too boring now I’ve found my kink.

It may sound shallow to some but o get bored easily so now I know what I like I couldn’t go back to vanilla sex.

What’s everyone else’s opinion?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Both kink and vanilla have a time and place for me. Cant have one without the other imo.

over a year ago

"Both kink and vanilla have a time and place for me. Cant have one without the other imo. "

I kinda of worded that incorrectly judging by your answer. ( thank you for making me aware of it. What I meant is vanilla only without any kink at all

By *namoratomanMan
over a year ago

Herefordshire

Surely, it should be by mutual consent?

over a year ago

That depends entirely on what a person classes as vanilla. What if group sex was vanilla to someone?

over a year ago

Yes off corse everything starts off vanilla till trust is built to start moving in to kinks

To be honest most stay vanilla as they don’t tend to stick around long anuff for trust to be built

Ither it’s mostly one nighters or bit regular and as soon as you start talking kinks and stuff they off like a shot

over a year ago

"That depends entirely on what a person classes as vanilla. What if group sex was vanilla to someone?"

Fair point

over a year ago

"That depends entirely on what a person classes as vanilla. What if group sex was vanilla to someone?"

Now a days yes I would say 3 sums and swapping and gangbangs are “vanilla” these days

Most people these days have had 3sums or gangbanged or swapped or everyone I have at least talked to outside this world

Would say the only difference with “ vanilla” people and us would be the frequency off them

In the vanilla world it’s more or less a one time thing tryed it type thing

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

It depends who I'm with, on one hand kink is the most desired however you shouldn't deny a vanilla meet if the moment is right with that type of person.

over a year ago

"That depends entirely on what a person classes as vanilla. What if group sex was vanilla to someone?

Now a days yes I would say 3 sums and swapping and gangbangs are “vanilla” these days

Most people these days have had 3sums or gangbanged or swapped or everyone I have at least talked to outside this world

Would say the only difference with “ vanilla” people and us would be the frequency off them

In the vanilla world it’s more or less a one time thing tryed it type thing "

So basically it’s more of an opinion as what someone classes as vanilla then.

How I see vanilla is 1 position ( missionary) and not trying new things together like toys etc

over a year ago

"It depends who I'm with, on one hand kink is the most desired however you shouldn't deny a vanilla meet if the moment is right with that type of person."

That’s true.

I recently met someone but it went nowhere because we were both different with regards to being open minded sexually. I know it’s each to their own but I just prefer spicing things up in the bedroom from time to time to keep

The excitement alive

over a year ago

"That depends entirely on what a person classes as vanilla. What if group sex was vanilla to someone?

How I see vanilla is 1 position ( missionary) and not trying new things together like toys etc "

Pritty much

As what I class is Kink play would be

Blindfold handcuffs wax watersports light bdsm for me not in to the heavy bdsm

Gags rope play collors and leads

over a year ago

How I see vanilla is 1 position ( missionary) and not trying new things together like toys etc

Pritty much

Gags rope play collors and leads "

I see what you mean. I never realised it would be down to everyone having a different view on what’s vanilla and what’s not

You learn something new everyday lol

over a year ago

Pritty much

Gags rope play collors and leads

I see what you mean. I never realised it would be down to everyone having a different view on what’s vanilla and what’s not

You learn something new everyday lol "

Yes most definitely you do that on here

over a year ago

For me vanilla is anything that does not involve blindfold, handcuffs, hot wax, watersports, light bdsm, gags, rope play, collors and leads and toys.

But to some fluffy handcuffs are as kinky get , which is fine if that is were there boundaries lie, it just a bit to vanilla for me. Xx

over a year ago

Could YOU do vanilla?

Sounds like a good idea for a C4 or C5 show.

Gather together some random people who love their extreme kink and see if they could have a wee smooch and some missionary position sex instead.

Hosted by Alison Hammond and Joe Swash. Prize is £8.75 to those who complete the task. Anyone who doesn't finish the job is shot out of a cannon into the North Sea.

That bit would be hosted by Lee Ryan.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Strawberry for me

over a year ago

What does one person count as kink?

over a year ago

"Strawberry for me "

Can tell you've been to Iceland

over a year ago

"Could YOU do vanilla?

Sounds like a good idea for a C4 or C5 show.

Gather together some random people who love their extreme kink and see if they could have a wee smooch and some missionary position sex instead.

Hosted by Alison Hammond and Joe Swash. Prize is £8.75 to those who complete the task. Anyone who doesn't finish the job is shot out of a cannon into the North Sea.

That bit would be hosted by Lee Ryan."

It would probably be called Vanilla Pod. Definitely on Channel 5.

over a year ago

Well vanilla is just boring as. But kink is leather and torture and bondage….Right

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

I had for years said that vanilla held no interest for me, but as I perverted a vanilla, he softened me out and now I think its very much about my connection with someone

By *hambamNIMan
over a year ago

city centre

Don’t think I could do vanilla

over a year ago

"Don’t think I could do vanilla "

Boom! Right into the North Sea for you buddy.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

What one sees as kink another will see as vanilla and vice versa. I like sensual and I like dom/sub dynamic, morning cuddles and sleepy wake up sex and bend you over my knee and spank your arse evenings

By *uciferLingerieMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Could do vanilla if it was carte d'or served in a lacey bodystocking

over a year ago

"I recently found that I find vanilla too boring now I’ve found my kink.

It may sound shallow to some but o get bored easily so now I know what I like I couldn’t go back to vanilla sex.

What’s everyone else’s opinion? "

One man’s vanilla is another man’s kinky

over a year ago

My favourite position is missionary so I’d be happy as long as I could stick my tongue in his bum hole as well.

By *urious_Female89Woman
over a year ago

great yarmouth

I'm quite happy with just vanilla, aslong as theres loads of passion and chemistry then sex is exciting anyways for me

over a year ago

With the right person I’d be totally happy with vanilla. As long as the mental connection is there, vanilla can be just as good, if not better than kink. I’ve played with someone on here who is massively into kink but our vanilla sex was pure sexual chemistry and was just incredible.

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

I'm in a new relationship and was worried I might miss swinging and being kinky but it turns out he doesn't really do vanilla so I've hit the jackpot! I still get my hair pulled, arse spanked, throat squeezed and other thoroughly pleasurable things as he doms me but I also get the sweet snuggles and spooning. I'm not sure I could do vanilla after discovering so much fun through Fab

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Yes most of my meets are vanilla, the kinks are saved up for a special few

over a year ago

"Both kink and vanilla have a time and place for me. Cant have one without the other imo. "

What she said. ^

Yes kinky is exciting and thrilling. But a sensual sexual connection with somebody’s is the most amazing sex I have had and probably will still want that in my life. It’s certainly not boring.

over a year ago

I like vanilla ice cream

over a year ago

For me, it’s all about the person and the connection! I don’t find labels useful so won’t class myself as vanilla or otherwise. I’m sexually adventurous certainly!

over a year ago

"Both kink and vanilla have a time and place for me. Cant have one without the other imo.

What she said. ^

Yes kinky is exciting and thrilling. But a sensual sexual connection with somebody’s is the most amazing sex I have had and probably will still want that in my life. It’s certainly not boring. "

THIS

over a year ago

My FWB had only ever done vanilla and bad vanilla at that. So along I come and on our first encounter change her world - it was actually magical as I was just doing what I thought was extremely lame first meet kind of stuff, but to her I am some sort of sex god - it's great! I push her boundaries every time we're together and have great fun doing so. Even if I never seen her again she has been changed forever and would now quite rightly expect a bit more from a lover. Win win!!!!

over a year ago

How I see vanilla is 1 position ( missionary) and not trying new things together like toys etc "

What you are describing there is boring sex, not vanilla!!

I met a guy once and the sexual chemistry was out of this world. We didn't do anything "kinky" at all. It was one of the best experiences I've had. I'd give up 'kink' if sex could be like that all the time.

over a year ago

I dated a Lady 6 or 7 years ago, lovely girl, great sense of humour, and we got on really well. She admitted early in the short relationship that she didn’t have a ‘dirty mind’. The sex was routine and the same each time which was why we broke up (amicably I’ll add). So no, don’t think I could.

By *aiseiMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Vanilla is all I do, but I’d class vanilla as anything that isn’t (in my opinion) comfortably within the realms of BDSM/kink like D/s, impact play/pain, CNC, etc.

Threesomes/moresomes, clubs, etc. I’d consider as vanilla.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

" The sex was routine and the same each time "

Did you ever try to do something a bit different ?

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

Our sex isn't particularly kinky. I'd say we're fairly vanilla. It just involves other people sometimes. But maybe that no longer classes it a vanilla?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Kink ?

I don't think non monogamy is a kink ..... is there something wrong with me ?

Answers on a post card please.. ( it's an oblong thing you can put stamps on )

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

While im here .....

Vanilla people have kinks too ......

What is your Kink O.P ?

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

How can vanilla be boring? Who doesn'tike snuggle fucking and lazy Sunday morning sex? Or sat on the sofa watching a film and then you just have to have each other there and then?

Sex with someone you love is the most loveliest thing in the world.

over a year ago

" The sex was routine and the same each time

Did you ever try to do something a bit different ?"

Yes, we discussed a few things, and tried a few things, but she said she just wasn’t comfortable with anything. It was unfortunate but I admired her honesty.

over a year ago

"How can vanilla be boring? Who doesn'tike snuggle fucking and lazy Sunday morning sex? Or sat on the sofa watching a film and then you just have to have each other there and then?

Sex with someone you love is the most loveliest thing in the world. "

THIS

over a year ago

"Vanilla is all I do, but I’d class vanilla as anything that isn’t (in my opinion) comfortably within the realms of BDSM/kink like D/s, impact play/pain, CNC, etc.

Threesomes/moresomes, clubs, etc. I’d consider as vanilla.

"

That’s what I think too! In my mind so many people who say their non vanilla are actually vanilla

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

Vanilla has it's place, especially in a relationship. A mix of vanilla and kink I find is the best.

By *vmarisaTV/TS
over a year ago

Motherwell

"Vanilla has it's place, especially in a relationship. A mix of vanilla and kink I find is the best."

over a year ago

Variety is the spice of life, i enjoy a vanilla session

over a year ago

If you can’t have mind blowing sex with someone without the handcuffs, restraints (and anything more than your own bodies), then you’re not someone I’d want to meet.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"If you can’t have mind blowing sex with someone without the handcuffs, restraints (and anything more than your own bodies), then you’re not someone I’d want to meet. "

Totally agree with this and I love my kinks. But if you can't rock my world with vanilla you aren't because you added extras to it either.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yes

By *aiseiMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"If you can’t have mind blowing sex with someone without the handcuffs, restraints (and anything more than your own bodies), then you’re not someone I’d want to meet. "

Yep….I can’t get on with sex that feels like I need a Mechanical Engineering degree. Very quick turn-off.

over a year ago

At lot of the times I’ve experienced kinkier women I’ve always had this nagging feeling that it feels almost for show, look how kinky I am, check me out I’m outrageous etc. and at times that’s a fun way to do things and I’ve no problem with it. But the best sex I ever experienced has always been what most people on here would call vanilla, 1 partner, no props, no alter egos, no trying to impress, no tags, no labels. It’s beautiful what two bodies and minds can do together, and if you’re bored maybe it’s just the wrong partner. If I had to choose one, it would be the latter.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I couldn't go back to vanilla as I like group sex too much.

over a year ago

I just want someone I connect with and to take it from there.

By *ig bear 65Man
over a year ago

newcastle upon tyne

Like to mix both.

By *aiseiMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I couldn't go back to vanilla as I like group sex too much."

It’s interesting to see how people’s opinions differ on the boundary between vanilla and kink.

If that group sex was all vaginal/oral/anal, would you not class that as vanilla? Or would you class anything other than 1-on-1 as kink?

over a year ago

Perfectly put!

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Quite easily.

I don't need to be tied up and "dominated" by someone to enjoy sex.

I don't consider bdsm as sex either. If it's just me being bound and used as a prop for his enjoyment, that's not sex.

What a lot of people call vanilla is more arousing than a ball gag in my mouth and a huge dildo shoved up my butt.

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Fab is vanilla, 95% of the site is likely to be having what is termed vanilla sex,finding it or looking for it on the internet makes it no more kinkier than what “vanilla” friends are doing off the internet

S

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I couldn't go back to vanilla as I like group sex too much.

It’s interesting to see how people’s opinions differ on the boundary between vanilla and kink.

If that group sex was all vaginal/oral/anal, would you not class that as vanilla? Or would you class anything other than 1-on-1 as kink?"

See vanilla to me is one on one.

By *tagmeupMan
over a year ago

wirral

I keep ending up in vanilla but want the lifestyle. Would love to meet a suitable partner on here. Maybe il stay away from the vanilla dating sites for a bit

over a year ago

"How can vanilla be boring? Who doesn'tike snuggle fucking and lazy Sunday morning sex? Or sat on the sofa watching a film and then you just have to have each other there and then?

Sex with someone you love is the most loveliest thing in the world.

THIS "

DOUBLE THIS!

I love a bit of Vanilla, as in, nothing majorly kinky. Doesn’t mean it isn’t satisfying and still hot as fuck.

I can be real dirty, but I gotta say I love pretty standard sex most of the times x

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

"Yes most of my meets are vanilla, the kinks are saved up for a special few "

I agree

By *tagmeupMan
over a year ago

wirral

Vanilla and kink mixed up is the way forward

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

As you can see just by this thread. Vanilla is so subjective! Meh to labels. To me it depends on the person and the dynamic. Some people I’ll do pretty much anything with, some there’s no way I would. I don’t think these labels are even worth thinking about to be honest. I just do me.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

I think a big part of a good relationship is being with someone you can be totally yourself with, open with and with someone who shares or at least supports the pursuit of your sexual desires (even if they don't share them). It's pretty rubbish if your in a relationship where you can't be yourself or have hide aspects of you. Luckily I know how great it is to be in a relationship where I can just do me and Mrs Misfit supports me in this and shares my desires (as I do her's).

over a year ago

When the sexual chemistry is that powerful there's no need for anything else x

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Yep, I prefer vanilla. Kinky Sex all the time is a bit boring, I end feeling like it’s a chore and something that HAS to be performed in order for them to get their rocks off. Which then makes me a tiny smidge resentful.

Sex should be fun. Whether vanilla or kinky.

over a year ago

I value all the lovely vanilla moments, and connection is the number one thing. But I'm submissive and I need the kink.

over a year ago

I think sooner or later everything just becomes the "norm" so what starts out as a kink soon becomes run of the mill. The probem being, where do you go from there ? It is kind of what has happened to us.

over a year ago

I've noticed a pattern in this thread to view BDSM-related kink as performance to a certain extent. I guess for many people it is just a pair of fluffy cufffs or a gag or a flogger. Having fun and playing around. That's all good but there is a reason that BDSM is called a lifestyle. Because it's a mindset and for those who are firmly in that lifestyle - it's not a kink you turn off and on. It's part of your sexuality, it's part of you that you can't turn off. Even if it would be easier to.

over a year ago

"My FWB had only ever done vanilla and bad vanilla at that. So along I come and on our first encounter change her world - it was actually magical as I was just doing what I thought was extremely lame first meet kind of stuff, but to her I am some sort of sex god - it's great! I push her boundaries every time we're together and have great fun doing so. Even if I never seen her again she has been changed forever and would now quite rightly expect a bit more from a lover. Win win!!!!"

Aww

over a year ago

"Yep, I prefer vanilla. Kinky Sex all the time is a bit boring, I end feeling like it’s a chore and something that HAS to be performed in order for them to get their rocks off. Which then makes me a tiny smidge resentful.

Sex should be fun. Whether vanilla or kinky."

over a year ago

"I've noticed a pattern in this thread to view BDSM-related kink as performance to a certain extent. I guess for many people it is just a pair of fluffy cufffs or a gag or a flogger. Having fun and playing around. That's all good but there is a reason that BDSM is called a lifestyle. Because it's a mindset and for those who are firmly in that lifestyle - it's not a kink you turn off and on. It's part of your sexuality, it's part of you that you can't turn off. Even if it would be easier to. "

It certainly sounds that it would make it all the more difficult to find a compatible partner

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

Absolutely!

over a year ago

Someone's 'kink' could be someone else's vanilla and vice versa. Everything has such a wide range.

over a year ago

"I've noticed a pattern in this thread to view BDSM-related kink as performance to a certain extent. I guess for many people it is just a pair of fluffy cufffs or a gag or a flogger. Having fun and playing around. That's all good but there is a reason that BDSM is called a lifestyle. Because it's a mindset and for those who are firmly in that lifestyle - it's not a kink you turn off and on. It's part of your sexuality, it's part of you that you can't turn off. Even if it would be easier to.

It certainly sounds that it would make it all the more difficult to find a compatible partner "

Oh I don't know, a lot of dominant men around But it is what it is and I am what i am!

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I like both. Vanilla I usually let the guy lead, if it's kinky I'm Domme. So I enjoy the different dynamics.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Going back to vanilla to me, based on my previous relationships, is predictable, middle of the road 1on1 sex, where there's no openness to explore anything further and the idea of discussing fantasies or acting on anything remotely seen as straying from missionary, cowgirl or doggy, is strictly off limits. It was enjoyable at the time but it's not something I'd ever be open to having in a relationship again.

If there's not full openness to delve into the dark recesses of both our minds and fully explore our best sexual selves, then I know I'd feel short changed. Some would say it's kinky, others would say it's natural.

C

By *esparate danMan
over a year ago

glasgow

You say you're a generous lover but given your incompatibility with a vanilla partner would you agree that that description is perhaps overly generous?

over a year ago

I rarely do pure vanilla, I always need a small amount of kink in there somewhere. I couldn't cut kink out completely.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Vanilla is a stepping stone and a leap of faith is kink!

I couldn’t do vanilla as we all know vanilla. It’s just too….. VANILLA!

over a year ago

I prefer vanilla 99.9% of the time.

Admittedly for most of that time I'm fantasising about the 0.1%

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

At the risk of sounding uncool and dumb, what exactly is vanilla?

over a year ago

"At the risk of sounding uncool and dumb, what exactly is vanilla? "

A regular shag. Not the sort of sex that would make your friends spit their drink out

over a year ago

"At the risk of sounding uncool and dumb, what exactly is vanilla? "

It's what people who think their sex is better than other folks sex call sex

over a year ago

"At the risk of sounding uncool and dumb, what exactly is vanilla?

It's what people who think their sex is better than other folks sex call sex "

Not at all. It's just doesn't turn some of us on. We need a bit of added spice.

over a year ago

It's what people who think their sex is better than other folks sex call sex

Not at all. It's just doesn't turn some of us on. We need a bit of added spice. "

By *ensualMan
over a year ago

Sutton

I am not a believer in only one way or binary choices or that agreement can be reached on definitions which in the kink community rarely happens.

I think there are a number of generalisations that have arisen from the opening statement. These generalisations ignore that firstly, BDSM and kink form a broad church. Secondly,that humans are complex. Therefore being into BDSM and being into vanilla sex can sit comfortably together in a person. You can also have an overlap between BDSM sex and vanilla sex as depending on the definitions it is a spectrum that blends into each other.

Another generalisation is that BDSM means sex and usually penis penetration or pegging, which are standard porn plotlines. For a significant number of people the BDSM aspect is not sex based. Additionally, there are a number of people that identify as being asexual or similar spectrums that enjoy BDSM without sex.

That is without going into what is meant by BDSM sex.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

It's what people who think their sex is better than other folks sex call sex "

By *arvest 84Man
over a year ago

SCAWBY, NEAR , BRIGG.

i can do vanilla ,

but realy do like kink,

the kinkier the better .

over a year ago

Yes. It's good to mix it up. There's nothing boring about vanilla.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple
over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

Haha that has really made me laugh hun. Oh dear, how little some know of a very active, adventurous sex life. Come join us , we will show you things you can only imagine in your wettest dreams xxxx

over a year ago

Its great to have a good mix of everything in my opinion

over a year ago

I'd like a bit of both x

over a year ago

Could I do vanilla?

Contrary to my username the answer is a resounding yes.

Prefer to be spontaneous and just go with what happens without any pre-planning.

over a year ago

"I'd like a bit of both x"

Post new Message to Thread