Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

hair

Jump to newest

By *icecouple561 OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

My hair is frizzy if I let it dry naturally. Is there any product that effectively controls this? Frizzease etc doesn't.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

An oil? Like almond or coconut oil?

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"My hair is frizzy if I let it dry naturally. Is there any product that effectively controls this? Frizzease etc doesn't. "

Cock snot, maybe?

over a year ago

"My hair is frizzy if I let it dry naturally. Is there any product that effectively controls this? Frizzease etc doesn't. "

I quite like frizzy hair but if it's not your choice I'm aware there are many products that will solve your issue. x

over a year ago

My hair goes frizzy in winter weather too - I use oils etc on my fine hair and it works when you are at home but the weather trashes it.

There are treatments that do work on long hair at the hairdressers - Olaplex etc but very expensive (£60 at my hairdressers)

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"An oil? Like almond or coconut oil? "

I've tried it and sadly it doesn't help

over a year ago

Little bit of coconut oil works with mine after I've washed and dried it

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"My hair is frizzy if I let it dry naturally. Is there any product that effectively controls this? Frizzease etc doesn't.

Cock snot, maybe? "

Is that L'Oréal?

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"My hair is frizzy if I let it dry naturally. Is there any product that effectively controls this? Frizzease etc doesn't.

I quite like frizzy hair but if it's not your choice I'm aware there are many products that will solve your issue. x "

I've tried many and various products but they don't help.

over a year ago

"An oil? Like almond or coconut oil?

I've tried it and sadly it doesn't help"

Lard then? You might get a trail of dogs behind you when you walk down the street though

over a year ago

I think that menopause trashes your hair too - lack of hormones.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

My hair goes frizzy in winter weather too - I use oils etc on my fine hair and it works when you are at home but the weather trashes it.

There are treatments that do work on long hair at the hairdressers - Olaplex etc but very expensive (£60 at my hairdressers)"

I've heard of Olaplex. £60 I'd quite a lot isn't it.

over a year ago

I quite like frizzy hair but if it's not your choice I'm aware there are many products that will solve your issue. x

I've tried many and various products but they don't help. "

Have you asked a hair dresser? They might be able to advise.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Little bit of coconut oil works with mine after I've washed and dried it "

It doesn't help mine unfortunately

By *implynaughty1Couple
over a year ago

stockport

I have this problem with my hair try a hair mask for frizzy hair I just use my hair straighteners mrs m x

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"An oil? Like almond or coconut oil?

I've tried it and sadly it doesn't help

Lard then? You might get a trail of dogs behind you when you walk down the street though "

I might try that, at least I'd get some interest in the street

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I think that menopause trashes your hair too - lack of hormones."

Yep, that and colour on a regular basis.

over a year ago

Look in to products without silicone in them, apply to wet or damp hair rather than dry. Also look at how your are drying your hair, regularly towels are the worst for causing frizz. Try a cotton t-shirt. I have wavy/curly hair and a t-shirt has made a huge difference to the frizz.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Argan oil x

over a year ago

Sounds like you've tried it all and you're now at a split end.

A quick look on Google showed up Biotin. A vitamin thats good for your hair. Might be worth a shot?

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I've tried many and various products but they don't help.

Have you asked a hair dresser? They might be able to advise. "

I have they mostly suggest coconut oil

over a year ago

Do you brush your hair after its dried? Mine tends to go frizzy after ive washed it and i let it dry naturally too. But whenever i brush my hair a lot of the frizz goes.

Usually a hair brush will retain a lot of the natural oils in your hair when it isnt being washed on a daily basis. So when you do brush, your hair will pick up some of those oils and lose its frizz.

I was always being complimented for having extremely healthy hair by the girls in the hair and beauty dept. in college.

I washed my hair around 2 times a week, shampoo, then conditioner which i leave to sit for about 5-10 minutes before rinsing, then let it dry naturally. Then brushed it through to remove the frizz and reintroduce the natural oils back onto my hair

over a year ago

"Look in to products without silicone in them, apply to wet or damp hair rather than dry. Also look at how your are drying your hair, regularly towels are the worst for causing frizz. Try a cotton t-shirt. I have wavy/curly hair and a t-shirt has made a huge difference to the frizz. "

I'm washing mine tonight and I'm going to try these! Ta

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

ASOS sell various Olaplex treatments etc and it’s cheaper than £60 on there, might be worth a look?

If it works let me know as I’ve been dithering whether to try it. I can’t use oils as no matter how little I use, they leave my hair looking greasy.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I have this problem with my hair try a hair mask for frizzy hair I just use my hair straighteners mrs m x "

I use a treatment for frizzy hair every time I wash it. I'd like to use my straighteners less if possible. Just occasionally I'd like to wash it, run the hair dryer over it and not look like Crystal Tips.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Is your hair natural wavy or curly?

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Look in to products without silicone in them, apply to wet or damp hair rather than dry. Also look at how your are drying your hair, regularly towels are the worst for causing frizz. Try a cotton t-shirt. I have wavy/curly hair and a t-shirt has made a huge difference to the frizz. "

I have read this. It's worth a try

By *quaman87Man
over a year ago

ramsey

A decent oil…….almond oil I use. As I let mine dry naturally and always leaves it soft and shiny and smells good

over a year ago

I leave my hair to dry naturally and never blow-dry it. Thankfully it’s naturally wavy, so the bedhead look kinda suits it!

I also use something called Champo hair oil.

Good luck x

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Argan oil x"

I've tried it and Mythic Oil.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Sounds like you've tried it all and you're now at a split end.

A quick look on Google showed up Biotin. A vitamin thats good for your hair. Might be worth a shot? "

Thank you. I will look in to that

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Do you brush your hair after its dried? Mine tends to go frizzy after ive washed it and i let it dry naturally too. But whenever i brush my hair a lot of the frizz goes.

Usually a hair brush will retain a lot of the natural oils in your hair when it isnt being washed on a daily basis. So when you do brush, your hair will pick up some of those oils and lose its frizz.

I was always being complimented for having extremely healthy hair by the girls in the hair and beauty dept. in college.

I washed my hair around 2 times a week, shampoo, then conditioner which i leave to sit for about 5-10 minutes before rinsing, then let it dry naturally. Then brushed it through to remove the frizz and reintroduce the natural oils back onto my hair"

I do brush my hair after its dried. The end result is frizz

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"ASOS sell various Olaplex treatments etc and it’s cheaper than £60 on there, might be worth a look?

If it works let me know as I’ve been dithering whether to try it. I can’t use oils as no matter how little I use, they leave my hair looking greasy."

This is my problem with oil.it doesn't control the frizz but makes my hair greasy

By *quaman87Man
over a year ago

ramsey

How often do you wash your hair??

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Is your hair natural wavy or curly? "

Naturally curly. I used to be able to wash it, dry it and it fell into glossy natural curls. Now it doesn't

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I leave my hair to dry naturally and never blow-dry it. Thankfully it’s naturally wavy, so the bedhead look kinda suits it!

I also use something called Champo hair oil.

Good luck x"

Thank you I haven't heard of Champo.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"How often do you wash your hair??"

Two or three times a week

over a year ago

"Do you brush your hair after its dried? Mine tends to go frizzy after ive washed it and i let it dry naturally too. But whenever i brush my hair a lot of the frizz goes.

I washed my hair around 2 times a week, shampoo, then conditioner which i leave to sit for about 5-10 minutes before rinsing, then let it dry naturally. Then brushed it through to remove the frizz and reintroduce the natural oils back onto my hair

I do brush my hair after its dried. The end result is frizz "

How often do you wash your hair? Cos if you wash it daily then your hair hasnt had time to allow the natural oils to build up enough for it to transfer to your brush

Ideally you should be washing your hair 2-3 times a week, depending how quickly it starts to get greasy. But more than that and youre not allowing the oils to build up

over a year ago

Dreadlocks Mrs M!..be as frizzy as you as you like then.

over a year ago

I was going to suggest frizz ease too. Maybe try deep conditioning treatment every time you wash your hair and ask your hairdresser what else you can do x

over a year ago

Sometimes I wash mine once a week, but sometimes twice. Dirty hair, clean body is my life motto

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I do brush my hair after its dried. The end result is frizz

How often do you wash your hair? Cos if you wash it daily then your hair hasnt had time to allow the natural oils to build up enough for it to transfer to your brush

Ideally you should be washing your hair 2-3 times a week, depending how quickly it starts to get greasy. But more than that and youre not allowing the oils to build up"

Two to three times a week. It's quite greasy anyway.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"Is your hair natural wavy or curly?

Naturally curly. I used to be able to wash it, dry it and it fell into glossy natural curls. Now it doesn't "

Then I'd say no towels like sparkles said above. And maybe try some shampoo etc built for curly hair. I don't frizzease or anything oily either.

over a year ago

Is it dry? The drier your hair is the more likely it will be to frizz. And brushing it when its dry - nooooo. Is it possible you have wavy/curly hair?

over a year ago

The best thing I’ve found is also super cheap! Poundland does an argan oil that is so amazing it takes the frizz on my sons Afro hair! It’s amazing and only a £1

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Dreadlocks Mrs M!..be as frizzy as you as you like then."

I wouldn't even know where to start

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I found shampoo and conditioner for curly/afro hair really helped mine. And sometimes leave in conditioner aswell

Most recently I've used Palmer's coconut oil shampoo/conditioner/leave in and OGX coconut shampoo/conditioner.

By *quaman87Man
over a year ago

ramsey

I wash mine with products once at the beginning and again near the end of the week. Keeps all natural oils and only use tresemme.

Depending on products used also can take natural oils out and cause your hair to become dry hence it being frizzy.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I was going to suggest frizz ease too. Maybe try deep conditioning treatment every time you wash your hair and ask your hairdresser what else you can do x"

thank you

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Sometimes I wash mine once a week, but sometimes twice. Dirty hair, clean body is my life motto "

I left mine a week recently I looked ill . It was flat and the fringe was horrible

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Is your hair natural wavy or curly?

Naturally curly. I used to be able to wash it, dry it and it fell into glossy natural curls. Now it doesn't

Then I'd say no towels like sparkles said above. And maybe try some shampoo etc built for curly hair. I don't frizzease or anything oily either. "

Thank you

over a year ago

"ASOS sell various Olaplex treatments etc and it’s cheaper than £60 on there, might be worth a look?

If it works let me know as I’ve been dithering whether to try it. I can’t use oils as no matter how little I use, they leave my hair looking greasy."

I’ve tried every Olaplex product and will say it works amazingly well on frizz! Maybe just start with No 3 hair perfector! Amazon do it for about £20!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Is it dry? The drier your hair is the more likely it will be to frizz. And brushing it when its dry - nooooo. Is it possible you have wavy/curly hair?"

I have curly hair that's greasy at the roots. It's coloured and I've used heat to style it for years which along with being old is the problem I suspect

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I found shampoo and conditioner for curly/afro hair really helped mine. And sometimes leave in conditioner aswell

Most recently I've used Palmer's coconut oil shampoo/conditioner/leave in and OGX coconut shampoo/conditioner. "

Right. I've seen the Palmer's stuff and wondered about it

over a year ago

"Look in to products without silicone in them, apply to wet or damp hair rather than dry. Also look at how your are drying your hair, regularly towels are the worst for causing frizz. Try a cotton t-shirt. I have wavy/curly hair and a t-shirt has made a huge difference to the frizz.

I'm washing mine tonight and I'm going to try these! Ta "

I had it recommended to me a while back and it's been a game changer.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I wash mine with products once at the beginning and again near the end of the week. Keeps all natural oils and only use tresemme.

Depending on products used also can take natural oils out and cause your hair to become dry hence it being frizzy. "

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If it works let me know as I’ve been dithering whether to try it. I can’t use oils as no matter how little I use, they leave my hair looking greasy.

I’ve tried every Olaplex product and will say it works amazingly well on frizz! Maybe just start with No 3 hair perfector! Amazon do it for about £20! "

Noted

over a year ago

Do you use FB? there's some great groups on there for curly girls, they aren't all strictly CGM but the product advice can be fantastic.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I have a serum for wet hair from Aveda which does a good job. I'll share the name when I get home.

over a year ago

Bed Head Control freak. Around £7-10 on Amazon

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I have frizzy hair too, and the things that have made the biggest difference to mine are a silk pillowcase, silk hair ties, and a boar bristle brush. Don't get me wrong, the slightest bit of moisture in the air and it still frizzes, but it's a lot better than it was

over a year ago

There are treatments that do work on long hair at the hairdressers - Olaplex etc but very expensive (£60 at my hairdressers)

I've heard of Olaplex. £60 I'd quite a lot isn't it."

You can buy it on EBay- there are sets of them but they are still expensive and I think you need the hair drying by a professional too.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Do you use FB? there's some great groups on there for curly girls, they aren't all strictly CGM but the product advice can be fantastic. "

I do use Facebook I hadn't thought of looking at a group.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Try aargon oil

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

You can buy it on EBay- there are sets of them but they are still expensive and I think you need the hair drying by a professional too."

My hairdresser would probably do that for me if needs be. I could wash, apply and dash over there

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Thanks to everyone I haven't responded to individually

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Definitely get good pillow cases - silk or satin work well and there's always the option of using a silk scarf around your head as you sleep (a bonnet might be a step too far for you!). There's something called Loreal magic lengths which works wonders, if you're looking at Olapex - the bond hair mask and the no 3 (I think) hair perfector are brilliant.

Get some microfiber towels for your hair, far gentler than normal towels for drying.

You can do a test to see if your hair needs protein, has a protein overload or needs moisture. That's quite handy to do and then you'll know what products are good. It's called the protein stretch test if you search for it online.

Definitely avoid products containing parabens or sls, it might look good for a bit but the frizz is not worth it.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

You can buy it on EBay- there are sets of them but they are still expensive and I think you need the hair drying by a professional too."

Most hairdressers use olaplex in their salon. I’m sure if you ask they would let you have a little sample in a pot if you take one in. It’s brilliant shampoo and conditioner but it is expensive - although it does the job!

It’s to heavy for my hair unfortunately

over a year ago

I like a hair oil a friend makes me (she makes her own stuff) it has rosehip oil in it but you really only need the tiniest amount.

By *exy Ruby 100 300Couple
over a year ago

unknown

Believe it or not add a cap full of comfort to pint warm water n pour over washed hair old remedy from d 80s when I lived in oz R x

over a year ago

You can buy it on EBay- there are sets of them but they are still expensive and I think you need the hair drying by a professional too.

My hairdresser would probably do that for me if needs be. I could wash, apply and dash over there "

That’s a better idea! The problem with EBay is that it’s full of fake Olaplex!

over a year ago

Olaplex is amazing

over a year ago

I get olaplex from lookfantastic

Not as expensive as the hairdressers

over a year ago

I keep seeing satin pillowcases everywhere. They’re apparently good for skin and hair. Maybe something to look into anyway.

over a year ago

Olaplex is good. Try looking on look fantastic they often got some good deals or a little discount going on.

over a year ago

I use hair mousse. Leave it to try naturally then finish with the hairdryer. Water on my fingers to refresh the mousse on any frizzy bits brings it back to life.

Haven't used a hairbrush since I was about 10.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I keep seeing satin pillowcases everywhere. They’re apparently good for skin and hair. Maybe something to look into anyway."

I've got some silk knocking about somewhere I might make one. I think sat in might be a bit sweaty

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I use hair mousse. Leave it to try naturally then finish with the hairdryer. Water on my fingers to refresh the mousse on any frizzy bits brings it back to life.

Haven't used a hairbrush since I was about 10. "

Brushing does make it worse but not brushing it isn't good either. I'm doomed

Post new Message to Thread