Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Most amazing meal you've had?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Inspired by a post made on a thread yesterday - having Turbot in Venice.....whats the most amazing meal you've had - could be the food, company, location etc

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Michelin 3 star in the Dorchester (chefs kiss emoji)

over a year ago

Sat outside a restaurant on the side of the slopes at Val Thorens eating tartiflette on a bluebird day in spring after a morning shredding fresh pow

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I don't know if I could say what the most amazing meal I've ever had was but the most amazing meal I had last year was the mushroom risotto at the Grovesnor Pulford Hotel. I'm not even a huge risotto fan but it was the vegetarian option at a wedding and it was amazing!

over a year ago

Fine Italian dining at a Castle in the foothills of the Italian Dolomites.

A special experience.

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"Sat outside a restaurant on the side of the slopes at Val Thorens eating tartiflette on a bluebird day in spring after a morning shredding fresh pow "

Although breaking my shoulder on day one in Val Thorens did put a dampner on my day...

Back to the OP...

Best ever is hard...

Possibly my hen do, the meal was at a Michelin star place near me, we had a room to ourselves, the matched wine was lovely, the food delicious and I was surrounded by friends and family I love... perfect

By *angerous123Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Honestly my own 14hr low and slow barbecue brisket.

I want to try A5 wagyu though, I think when I eventually do that'll be the new king

over a year ago

Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons

over a year ago

"Honestly my own 14hr low and slow barbecue brisket.

I want to try A5 wagyu though, I think when I eventually do that'll be the new king "

My Mr has a smoker in our back garden just for doing this

over a year ago

Turbot in Venice was amazing but visiting Perth in Oz and enjoying seafood next to the water at a beautiful fine dining restaurant was also amazing!

Ooo and also boar risotto in Bologna was also awesome!

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Maybe not a meal, but my sausage rolls are quite amazing.

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"Honestly my own 14hr low and slow barbecue brisket.

I want to try A5 wagyu though, I think when I eventually do that'll be the new king "

Party at yours? That sounds amazing

over a year ago

There used to be an American restaurant here called Damon’s which did the most delicious ribs

over a year ago

"Maybe not a meal, but my sausage rolls are quite amazing. "

Love a sausage roll

Ive got two one was when delivering a boat, we went into Brest and the owner took us to a seafood restaurant and ordered the seafood platter for the crew. The freshest seafood from cockles to Lobster and a lovely crisp white - fabulous

The other is having jugged Hare in an old pub in the countryside in the Winter, sitting by the fire with real ale, horse brasses, dried hops and friends. Two very different experiences but still memorable many years later.

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

At a hotel on a clifftop with stunning views of the sea. Candlelit meal with the best company and delicious food. It was the first time I had tried mussels and I loved them.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"There used to be an American restaurant here called Damon’s which did the most delicious ribs "

It's so sad when a restaurant does an item you love but takes it off the menu or closes down!

over a year ago

In terms of meals I’ve made (I love cooking) my faves have been cassoulet (takes ages but has like 5 types of meat in it).

Ooooo and I make a fantastic duck confit!

over a year ago

Chateaubriand and dauphinois potatoes, with some fantastic wine on my 40th, at a beautiful hotel.

over a year ago

Elk stew when I was younger. Oh god, it was melt in your mouth amazing, almost tasted sweet like chocolate.

over a year ago

"There used to be an American restaurant here called Damon’s which did the most delicious ribs

It's so sad when a restaurant does an item you love but takes it off the menu or closes down! "

I think it closed during lockdown, its horrendously sad and now getting turned into a Wetherspoons

over a year ago

I had belly of piglet at the Pennyhill Park hotel. That was pretty amazing, quite different to your big standard belly pork

By *ich_ChesterMan
over a year ago

Chester

Steak cooked over an open fire whilst in the Canadian Rockies, local guide cooked it with all the trimmings, absolutely amazing

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Quite a few being a bit of a foodie but the simple meals in a lovely local restaurant when on holiday are the ones that stay most in my mind. A little Portuguese restaurant outside Cascais. Food was amazing but my favourite was the local baccalau dish. And a little gem of a restaurant in a village up the mountains in Crete. Unfortunately can't remember the name of it as was taken there by some locals we befriended. The food, the location and views and hoslitality of the people will stay with me for ever. I think the meal lasted like 6 hours or something

over a year ago

"In terms of meals I’ve made (I love cooking) my faves have been cassoulet (takes ages but has like 5 types of meat in it).

Ooooo and I make a fantastic duck confit! "

If you keeping talking like this I'll have to add you to the favourites list .....and on another note, Nigella may have to move over

By *ourNextAddictionMan
over a year ago

Somerset

I had a certain kind of fish & rice when scuba diving in Egypt. They’d freshly caught the fish and prepared it for me onboard whilst I was diving.

It honestly was the nicest thing I’ve ever eaten and I’ve had Michelin star food multiple times before.

over a year ago

I was going to have fruit and yogurt for lunch but ......

I feel ravenous after reading these

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Was at a superb Japanese restaurant in New York.

The personal chef not only was great at juggling razor sharp knives the food was stunning.

First Japanese meal I have had and the memory still evolves a smile.

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I was going to have fruit and yogurt for lunch but ......

I feel ravenous after reading these "

Ditto, and not even lunchtime yet. Might have to have a little snack till then

over a year ago

Next most amazing one is probably eating a fish I caught in Norway. Don't ask me what kind, but it was bigger than the one my husband caught

Fed 4 adults with another family meals worth left over.

over a year ago

Fogo Da Chao in Dallas, Texas.

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Next most amazing one is probably eating a fish I caught in Norway. Don't ask me what kind, but it was bigger than the one my husband caught

Fed 4 adults with another family meals worth left over. "

Gives a new meaning to 'plenty of fish in the sea'. On a more serious note, nothing more delicious than freshly caught fish, cooked sympathetically soon after (grilled, squeeze of lemon, drizzle of olive oil). Yummy

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Probably fish and chips on the beach some where not into fancy food! My ex used to take me to ponsy places that cost the earth for a little bit in middle of plate that looked fancy! But not for me! I'd sooner go to the harvester and enjoy it much more x

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons "

Stunning food, venue and grounds.

As a foodie, I have a list of places around the world that I remember purely for their delicious plates.

C

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

There’s loads of dishes I recall that have been outstanding from different meals.

My first medium rare steak that melted in my mouth in Florida.

We recently went on a cruise and sat at the chefs table and the desert was a chocolate bomb which when pouring the warm cream over the top melted into a peanut butter ice cream…it was heavenly.

Actually I recently made apple roses, with crumple and vanilla custard and I recall that getting good reviews too

K

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I used to do Italian on Saturday evenings for all my family , lots of different pizzas and pasta dishes, garlic bread , olives, salads, olive oil, red wine, we used to sit and eat and chat and play games for 3-4 hours , perfect

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm quite privileged and been able to eat some beautiful food in very expensive restaurants but the most memorable and delicious dishes have wonderful memories attached to them. Like in Barbados, an impromptu bbq, the smell of the sea intermingling with the food and watching the flying fish leap out of water. The pavlova my Grandma served as a graduation meal. Lemon posset in Positano and staying up far too late just so I could have some as a young girl. The first meal my fiancé ever cooked me (all the cheese on toast).

Clearly I like food and waffling in equal measures.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Nothing beats my grandparents cooking. I miss them and their cooking, a family meal was always made with love. And a shedload of butter!

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"I don't know if I could say what the most amazing meal I've ever had was but the most amazing meal I had last year was the mushroom risotto at the Grovesnor Pulford Hotel. I'm not even a huge risotto fan but it was the vegetarian option at a wedding and it was amazing! "

I make a terrific risotto. My signature dish.

Post new Message to Thread