Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What the hell did I just watch?

Jump to newest

By *he love cats OP   Couple
over a year ago

South Wales

Thought I would watch the more the merrier on netflix last night, really disappointed a film about swinging apparently, a few part's were ok, but wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Any film's you watched recently that you would or wouldn't recommend. X

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *anilla switchWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

There is a new film just released on Netflix called Dont look down.

The cast looked amazing... Leonardo DeCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande.....

Settled in for two and a half hours of what I thought was a certain ‘smash hit’ of a film.

Two astronomers go on a media tour to warn humankind of a planet-killing comet hurtling toward Earth. The response from a distracted world.

What a total waste of time the movie was, the story was so long-winded and unnecessary. The actors were great, especially Streep. Just found it so disappointing.

Would be interested to hear other views of it.

By *he love cats OP   Couple
over a year ago

South Wales

"There is a new film just released on Netflix called Dont look down.

The cast looked amazing... Leonardo DeCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande.....

Settled in for two and a half hours of what I thought was a certain ‘smash hit’ of a film.

Two astronomers go on a media tour to warn humankind of a planet-killing comet hurtling toward Earth. The response from a distracted world.

What a total waste of time the movie was, the story was so long-winded and unnecessary. The actors were great, especially Streep. Just found it so disappointing.

Would be interested to hear other views of it. "

I was going to watch it put it in our watch list, but I think I will give it a miss now. So glad you said as I will usually sit it out until the end just incase it gets better.

By *itzi999Woman
over a year ago

Slough

I watched it too. Yes all the star names were there, but the movie itself was boring.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I fell for it too. I was furious. I'm generally good at choosing what I like.

There were some very funny parts .... A wholly forgettable film tho ..

Do you think it was too art house for us and if we watch it in a decade we'll go ....... Oh yeah I just wasn't sophisticated enough back then ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Ariana went way up in my estimation. I'm not her audience , so to see her send herself up was good fun ..... and she can really sing.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don’t look up was an incredible film, I can’t fault it. In fact I found it a terrifying reflection on society and what we prioritise in the digital age even in the face of irrefutable evidence of impending disaster. Substitute the comet for climate change or Covid and you may actually start to understand the film

over a year ago

I'd have to agree with you. With such a great cast I was really looking forward to watching it, but it became a farce ...decided to stop watching after an hour!

By *ooliganMan
over a year ago

Preston

Brilliant film! If you didn't get it, you might be the type of person it's satirising

over a year ago

I fell for it too. I was furious. I'm generally good at choosing what I like.

There were some very funny parts .... A wholly forgettable film tho ..

Do you think it was too art house for us and if we watch it in a decade we'll go ....... Oh yeah I just wasn't sophisticated enough back then ?"

It had some v funny moments early on, but then it became excruciatingly tedious and long winded. Think it was made with good intentions to get the message about dangers re climate change but it failed to deliver on entertainment...I'd call it tortured irony

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

I thought Don’t look up was a genuinely great piece of satire reflecting modern times, it is a long film, but I think that’s because they wanted to demonstrate just how long it takes to get a meaningful decision made in this world and that ultimately powerful people lobby and pontificate on important decisions that benefit them but not society as a whole.

The mirror it holds up to todays global power dynamics is terrifying, my only issue with the film as a whole was that it was very American centric, but then again, this may be a deliberate decision to demonstrates Americans perceived importance in the world.

over a year ago

Anything with Liam neeson in it , post " I will find you , and I will kill you " .

He's so wooden he makes Danny dyer look like Tom hanks

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

The Gentlemen is a tough British crime thriller on netflix. It's excellent.

By *acquesCustardMan
over a year ago

Around and about

I'm with you on Don't Look Up, the premise is brilliant, the cast excellent but it should have been so much funnier, it was almost as if the script writer/s wanted to be that little bit too clever.

I found it actually quite hard work not to be distracted watching it.

over a year ago

"Thought I would watch the more the merrier on netflix last night, really disappointed a film about swinging apparently, a few part's were ok, but wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Any film's you watched recently that you would or wouldn't recommend. X"

watched last train to Christmas fook that 2 hrs of my life I'll never get back even rotten tomatoes wouldn't recommend it

By *illynillyCouple
over a year ago

Wiltshire

Yes we watched this over Christmas and like you very disappointed....constantly waiting for something to happen

over a year ago

"The Gentlemen is a tough British crime thriller on netflix. It's excellent."

Spot on

It was fabulous to watch at the cinema...

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. It was recommended to me and it was litery 2 hours if 2 guys tripping on acid with no coherent story

By *herry OnatopWoman
over a year ago

Just over there

I loved Don't look up! Brilliantly done!

Just watched The Guilty and another cleverly scripted and acted movie but do not watch if you're anything less than 100% happy! It's tough going on the mind and the heart!

over a year ago

The Lost Daughter I watched few days ago - think it might only appeal to women though.

Olivia Colman

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"Thought I would watch the more the merrier on netflix last night, really disappointed a film about swinging apparently, a few part's were ok, but wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Any film's you watched recently that you would or wouldn't recommend. X"

Tenet. Just don't bother....

Winston

over a year ago

"The Gentlemen is a tough British crime thriller on netflix. It's excellent."

Love love love this film, Hugh Grant in his best role ever I thought. Watched it several times now and still enjoying it.

By *ooliganMan
over a year ago

Preston

I watched a film on Netfli called "71" recently... Absolutely brilliant. Brutal but brilliant.

By *inkyeroticaCouple
over a year ago

Ampthill

The undercurrent of the film is about how governments, corporations and society in general ignore climate change. While there is not a comet hurtling towards us, we are at a similar point in being able to stop / reverse climate change… but not for much longer.

DiCaporio is committed vegan / environmentalist, and Streep described it it as one of the most important films she’s ever made.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

The undercurrent of the film is about how governments, corporations and society in general ignore climate change. While there is not a comet hurtling towards us, we are at a similar point in being able to stop / reverse climate change… but not for much longer.

DiCaporio is committed vegan / environmentalist, and Streep described it it as one of the most important films she’s ever made."

I enjoyed it and got the link but the oh didn't at all, thought it was very well done and in pretty much spot on..

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I watched a Japanese horror film last night called, ‘Bloody Muscle Body Builder In Hell.’

It was…..well actually, rather bloody good, demented fun! (with an emphasis on ‘bloody’)

over a year ago

Complete bag of shite lol stopped it, started again, got over half way turned it off. Such crap

By *iman2100Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Horizon Line" on Amazon

Don't watch it you will never get the time back!

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Funny Games the original or remake. It’s basically a Film Director slagging you off for watching violent films, whilst making his violent film. It tries to be clever or meta but it’s just dire.

However just watched ‘The Trip’ on Netflix, well worth a watch especially if you want to kill your partner.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

I watched it too. Yes all the star names were there, but the movie itself was boring. "

...an excellent parody of what's been happening over the past two years though and hilarious in parts.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

""Horizon Line" on Amazon

Don't watch it you will never get the time back! "

That's what I said about Breaking Bad. Along with other words like 'shite' and 'that's Malcolms dad in his pants...again'.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

I agree with The Gentleman. Worth watching.

A while back I watched The Harder They Fall also on Netflix and that was brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyed that. Great cast and filming.

Last night I was recommended one called Avengement which was bloody good fun lol. Totally should watch that.

over a year ago

Not recently watched but a film called “Tusk” weirdest thing I’ve ever watched. Apart from “Two” that was torturous.

over a year ago

It was almost as disappointing as Downsizing. Terrible waste of time and a shit ending.

Post new Message to Thread