Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Body shaming/ Fat shaming is NOT ok!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So it’s January. The post christmas podge war has begun. I posted a status up yesterday about having been to the gym only to receive a vile message stating “you need more than a gym from your pics” what gives anyone the right to make comments like that? I am fuming! At least I’m trying to do something about my size.

To anyone who’s in a similar position I see you and you’re not alone.

To anyone who thinks body shaming or fat shaming is ok a massive F U!

We all have to start somewhere!

Now off for an angry cry before hitting the gym harder today!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *tarflyLouWoman
over a year ago

Preston

I’m sorry that somebody got to you with their cruel message. It says everything about them and absolutely nothing about you. Sending love x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Take it as a compliment. You had such an impression on them that they took the time to message you.

Their opinion doesn't matter. They are either jealous of your figure or pissed off because they have no chance with you.

over a year ago

"I’m sorry that somebody got to you with their cruel message. It says everything about them and absolutely nothing about you. Sending love x"

Thank you. I’ve blocked and reported him. I shouldn’t let it get to me but it took so much to get over my anxiety and get in the gym yesterday and then for someone to comment like that just hurts. He was probably just being a douche because I’d rejected him 4 weeks ago. Funny how I was good enough then!

xx

over a year ago

I do wonder about people sometimes, like would they say that to the person in the gym. It boils my blood if you haven't anything nice to say keep it to yourself.

Way I see it though at least we can do something to change our appearance once your a twat you can't change been a twat.

Fair play on getting back to the gym

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's totally wrong. There's too much lack of respect that exists in some people for others. Report and block.

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

You have a beautiful body

over a year ago

"Take it as a compliment. You had such an impression on them that they took the time to message you.

Their opinion doesn't matter. They are either jealous of your figure or pissed off because they have no chance with you. "

I’m gonna go with the latter. Thank you though. X

over a year ago

"I do wonder about people sometimes, like would they say that to the person in the gym. It boils my blood if you haven't anything nice to say keep it to yourself.

Way I see it though at least we can do something to change our appearance once your a twat you can't change been a twat.

Fair play on getting back to the gym "

Hahaha I love this comment so much. Thank

You x

over a year ago

"You have a beautiful body "

Thank you. I’m working on it. neglected it somewhat over the past 4 years. X

over a year ago

"I’m sorry that somebody got to you with their cruel message. It says everything about them and absolutely nothing about you. Sending love x

Thank you. I’ve blocked and reported him. I shouldn’t let it get to me but it took so much to get over my anxiety and get in the gym yesterday and then for someone to comment like that just hurts. He was probably just being a douche because I’d rejected him 4 weeks ago. Funny how I was good enough then!

xx"

Good for you blocking and reporting but I’d wanna name and shame the twat!

You look fab!xxx

over a year ago

"It's totally wrong. There's too much lack of respect that exists in some people for others. Report and block. "

I did.

I’m big enough and ugly enough to let it go but it’s comments like that which would make someone else give up or be really upset. Words are cheap but they have such a lasting impact. Breaks my heart. In a world where you can be anything be kind. X

over a year ago

Good on you for enjoying your journey getting fitter, just remember that sad, lonely tosser only had his hand for friends and never would get any attention from normal people. You look stunning btw!

over a year ago

"I’m sorry that somebody got to you with their cruel message. It says everything about them and absolutely nothing about you. Sending love x

xx

Good for you blocking and reporting but I’d wanna name and shame the twat!

You look fab!xxx"

Unfortunately it’s against fab rules to do that so I’m going to be good. I don’t want a ban lol

Thank you xx

over a year ago

"Take it as a compliment. You had such an impression on them that they took the time to message you.

Their opinion doesn't matter. They are either jealous of your figure or pissed off because they have no chance with you.

I’m gonna go with the latter. Thank you though. X"

I was right, you said you rejected him 4 weeks ago. It's a (twisted) compliment. x

over a year ago

By the way this wasn’t a poor me post. The compliments are lovely though thank you people. It’s more that I don’t want anyone else to feel how I feel right now.

Just be kind.

over a year ago

As starfly said, it says more about them than you. I guess they weren't taught the saying "if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all".

Love

over a year ago

xx"

Excuse the language but that's a complete cunt whoever said to that to you. I'd gladly fuck them up for you provided they are not big and mean.

Fuck them, bury it and move on. Not worth it letting the likes of that get to you.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Unfortunately this happens far too often here on fab. And yes it is upsetting and yes it does knock your confidence.

But don't let that one idiot distract you. I'm sure you had more positive messages than negative. Don't let that one message dictate how you feel. You look beautiful as you are and you are working towards a goal.

over a year ago

"As starfly said, it says more about them than you. I guess they weren't taught the saying "if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all".

Love "

So true. Thank you lovely (hug) xx

over a year ago

Bloody love you lot. Thank you. The old depressed me would’ve let this get to me as an excuse not to go again but the new me is like no fuck that I’m more determined. His words will echo in my head as I throw the weights around today in the gym lol. Xx

By *all Guy 00Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

I've had this done to me, been told too ignore them but it's not always easy to do that. Just because I'm big doesn't mean I don't have feelings that get effectd

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

That’s rude as fuck

You keep doing you.

Anyone worth it supports you

Anyone that doesn’t isn’t worth it

Fuck them

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"Bloody love you lot. Thank you. The old depressed me would’ve let this get to me as an excuse not to go again but the new me is like no fuck that I’m more determined. His words will echo in my head as I throw the weights around today in the gym lol. Xx"

Go it, you're better than him. Onwards and upwards

over a year ago

"So it’s January. The post christmas podge war has begun. I posted a status up yesterday about having been to the gym only to receive a vile message stating “you need more than a gym from your pics” what gives anyone the right to make comments like that? I am fuming! At least I’m trying to do something about my size.

Now off for an angry cry before hitting the gym harder today! "

NO NO NO NO!!!! Get the anger out yeah, but don't take it to the gym. I'd feel amazing if I was wrapped in your arms. You're awesome the way you are and if you want to change do it for you, work your ass off for you, not some horrible person saying shitty things.

over a year ago

"That’s rude as fuck

You keep doing you.

Anyone worth it supports you

Anyone that doesn’t isn’t worth it

Fuck them "

Amen! X

over a year ago

I'm all about banter and jokes blah blah blah....but that's just horrible to read OP. I hope you don't let it bother you, it's just another trivial message that you should delete and forget about!

By *igBobby82Man
over a year ago

Hartlepool

"Bloody love you lot. Thank you. The old depressed me would’ve let this get to me as an excuse not to go again but the new me is like no fuck that I’m more determined. His words will echo in my head as I throw the weights around today in the gym lol. Xx"

Just a perspective from a lifetime fat guy, it sucks hearing peoples insults. To be fair I haven't hD any on here, touch wood but I have had stuff shouted at me by kids and pissheads, many times. I'm used to it, but I shouldn't be. I hope you're OK. Thanks for bringing this to a forum. Try not to let it get to you.

over a year ago

"I've had this done to me, been told too ignore them but it's not always easy to do that. Just because I'm big doesn't mean I don't have feelings that get effectd "

Your pix look ace mate. In touch with your feelings too? I think you may have gotten even more appealing to the ladies. Don't let the fuckers get you down man!

over a year ago

"Bloody love you lot. Thank you. The old depressed me would’ve let this get to me as an excuse not to go again but the new me is like no fuck that I’m more determined. His words will echo in my head as I throw the weights around today in the gym lol. Xx

Just a perspective from a lifetime fat guy, it sucks hearing peoples insults. To be fair I haven't hD any on here, touch wood but I have had stuff shouted at me by kids and pissheads, many times. I'm used to it, but I shouldn't be. I hope you're OK. Thanks for bringing this to a forum. Try not to let it get to you. "

I am so sorry that this has happened to you! People are cruel. Overeating is as much an eating disorder as under eating yet they get viewed so different in society.

You keep being your awesome self my lovely. Xx

over a year ago

"I'm all about banter and jokes blah blah blah....but that's just horrible to read OP. I hope you don't let it bother you, it's just another trivial message that you should delete and forget about! "

Thank you. I’m calming down now. It was more to raise a point that body shaming is not ok. We come in all shapes and sizes. X

over a year ago

Guys like him shouldn’t be on here.

Few weeks ago I had someone start chatting I wasn’t interested in him but he kept on… eventually he got the message, his last message to me was a comment about my looks & weight, I was good enough for him before he was rejected & it took 3 rejections for him to get the message.

You’re not alone with twat-faced men, we all get them but it’s how we deal with them that matters, mine was blocked immediately

OP, there’s nothing wrong with your body, but if you want to go the gym for your own self esteem then you go for it

By *all Guy 00Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

"I've had this done to me, been told too ignore them but it's not always easy to do that. Just because I'm big doesn't mean I don't have feelings that get effectd

Your pix look ace mate. In touch with your feelings too? I think you may have gotten even more appealing to the ladies. Don't let the fuckers get you down man!"

Thanks mate, always in touch with my feelings mate. Let's hope so mate. Thanks I shouldn't let it but it does.

over a year ago

Some folk in life want to insult and bring people down rather than elevate themselves as it's easier.

Words have more power than we think.

By *tarflyLouWoman
over a year ago

Preston

"Bloody love you lot. Thank you. The old depressed me would’ve let this get to me as an excuse not to go again but the new me is like no fuck that I’m more determined. His words will echo in my head as I throw the weights around today in the gym lol. Xx

Just a perspective from a lifetime fat guy, it sucks hearing peoples insults. To be fair I haven't hD any on here, touch wood but I have had stuff shouted at me by kids and pissheads, many times. I'm used to it, but I shouldn't be. I hope you're OK. Thanks for bringing this to a forum. Try not to let it get to you. "

Yep, sadly people are only to happy to do it in person too. I used to get comments fairly regularly in pubs and clubs when I was younger, then people turn around now and ask why I’m so negative about myself. If people validate your own views enough then it’s hard not to believe them x

over a year ago

As a person who is overweight and is well aware of it, I do wonder when I get a message do they think I don't know that I need to lose weight, we are all well aware of our body and how it looks and feel.

And if anyone is like me I'm bloody hard enough on myself about my body, the hate and abuse I've given myself over it. The lack of self worth I have, thankfully I'm working on it and getting to love myself for as I an but fir anyone out there you says the nasty things on messages a person to tell them, cop the feck on you have no idea what a person is going through and there is no need for the nastiness whatsoever.

So to everyone we are all beautiful no matter what our size

over a year ago

"Guys like him shouldn’t be on here.

Few weeks ago I had someone start chatting I wasn’t interested in him but he kept on… eventually he got the message, his last message to me was a comment about my looks & weight, I was good enough for him before he was rejected & it took 3 rejections for him to get the message.

You’re not alone with twat-faced men, we all get them but it’s how we deal with them that matters, mine was blocked immediately

OP, there’s nothing wrong with your body, but if you want to go the gym for your own self esteem then you go for it "

What gives anyone the right to say these awful things though. That’s what gets to me. I get that rejection sucks but move on don’t need to get personal. I hate people sometimes. However I met a lovely girl in the gym yesterday who helped me with some leg stuff and she’s offered to help me do some weights today. So for every arsehole I’d like to think there’s a nice person x

over a year ago

"I've had this done to me, been told too ignore them but it's not always easy to do that. Just because I'm big doesn't mean I don't have feelings that get effectd

Your pix look ace mate. In touch with your feelings too? I think you may have gotten even more appealing to the ladies. Don't let the fuckers get you down man!

Thanks mate, always in touch with my feelings mate. Let's hope so mate. Thanks I shouldn't let it but it does."

Not as easy though is it, not letting it get to you. Keep on though!!

over a year ago

"As a person who is overweight and is well aware of it, I do wonder when I get a message do they think I don't know that I need to lose weight, we are all well aware of our body and how it looks and feel.

And if anyone is like me I'm bloody hard enough on myself about my body, the hate and abuse I've given myself over it. The lack of self worth I have, thankfully I'm working on it and getting to love myself for as I an but fir anyone out there you says the nasty things on messages a person to tell them, cop the feck on you have no idea what a person is going through and there is no need for the nastiness whatsoever.

So to everyone we are all beautiful no matter what our size"

x

over a year ago

"I've had this done to me, been told too ignore them but it's not always easy to do that. Just because I'm big doesn't mean I don't have feelings that get effectd "

You're a good looking bloke. Women sometimes get abusive messages from men and they lash out and take it out on someone else. Don't take it personally.

By *piderBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Back of Nowhere and Beyond

Turn the volume down on the negative comments when they replay in your head.

And turn the volume up on the positive ones.

(When you figure out how, please do let me know)

People aren't kind to one another in a lot of ways and have a lot of excuses for it. I wish that weren't true but it is. And they pick on the thing they think will hurt the most when they lash out.

Don't permit yourself to pin what he said to the notice board in your mind. It is junk mail. Chuck it in the bin.

(And again, when you figure out how, let me know please)

Posh

over a year ago

Time to drag my “fat” ass out of bed throw on some Lycra and go take it out on the machines at the gym via the doctors for a blood test fist what a day and it’s only 9.30am. X

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Unfortunately sad people will never stop doing this. It’s also unlikely these scumbags will even read this. If they do they’ll see that they have gotten to people which is probably what their aim is. Please don’t let strangers on line affect you x

over a year ago

"Time to drag my “fat” ass out of bed throw on some Lycra and go take it out on the machines at the gym via the doctors for a blood test fist what a day and it’s only 9.30am. X"

*first haha typo

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

What a shit bag of a person. That's not cool at all

(Virtual hugs) my favourite mythical horny creature

over a year ago

"Time to drag my “fat” ass out of bed throw on some Lycra and go take it out on the machines at the gym via the doctors for a blood test fist what a day and it’s only 9.30am. X"

Get your fave tunes on and enjoy it!!

(btw, the wrapped in your arms thing wasn't a come on!)

over a year ago

Awww hugs total unacceptable some people are just nasty hopefully you feel better

Body shameing in never ok

Also your beautiful x

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

Simply it's bang out order. Welcome to Internet, where people feel it's OK to spout off abuse behind the safety of their electronic communication device. To be fair I think it has nothing to do with size and everything to them being completely vile. If it Wwasn't weight it'd be your nose, your feet or something else. Unfortunately you need to grow a hard skin on the Internet and plant yourself in real world self confidence and self love.

By *igBobby82Man
over a year ago

Hartlepool

Just a perspective from a lifetime fat guy, it sucks hearing peoples insults. To be fair I haven't hD any on here, touch wood but I have had stuff shouted at me by kids and pissheads, many times. I'm used to it, but I shouldn't be. I hope you're OK. Thanks for bringing this to a forum. Try not to let it get to you.

I am so sorry that this has happened to you! People are cruel. Overeating is as much an eating disorder as under eating yet they get viewed so different in society.

You keep being your awesome self my lovely. Xx"

Thank you hun. Means a lot

over a year ago

Some people can be cunts.

The main thing is that your attitude has you rising above the comments. Enjoy your workout.

over a year ago

"So it’s January. The post christmas podge war has begun. I posted a status up yesterday about having been to the gym only to receive a vile message stating “you need more than a gym from your pics” what gives anyone the right to make comments like that? I am fuming! At least I’m trying to do something about my size.

They’re right though. You do need more than just the gym. Everyone needs more than just the gym. Whatever your goal is whether that’s bulking, shredding, toning, building strength. You need to have the diet and nutritional side covered as well. Perhaps that’s what they meant?

By *igBobby82Man
over a year ago

Hartlepool

Yep, sadly people are only to happy to do it in person too. I used to get comments fairly regularly in pubs and clubs when I was younger, then people turn around now and ask why I’m so negative about myself. If people validate your own views enough then it’s hard not to believe them x"

I'm sorry that happened to you. But unfortunately not surprised. People can be evil.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I once got a message saying "imagine how hot you could be if you ate right and went to the gym". I don't understand what people get out of sending messages like that. I'm also a bit of a gym addict but hey ho .

over a year ago

Now off for an angry cry before hitting the gym harder today!

They’re right though. You do need more than just the gym. Everyone needs more than just the gym. Whatever your goal is whether that’s bulking, shredding, toning, building strength. You need to have the diet and nutritional side covered as well. Perhaps that’s what they meant? "

I’m well aware of this thanks. I’ve got input from a dietician as I’m awaiting bariatric surgery. Regardless what gave him any rights to comment? He was just hurt because I didn’t reply to his 5 previous “hi, how’s you” messages so took it personal. Douche bag.

over a year ago

"I once got a message saying "imagine how hot you could be if you ate right and went to the gym". I don't understand what people get out of sending messages like that. I'm also a bit of a gym addict but hey ho ."

People make me sick x

By *uzie69xTV/TS
over a year ago

Maidstone

You go girl!

On social media it's so important to manage posts from the "Haters". It should be part of the school curriculum...

By *he_Wite_NiteMan
over a year ago

Usually Dundee and around

Unicorn Sparkles, looking at your gallery I see a lovely smile with a deliciously well defined cupids bow! In addition you have lovely curves!

You are right, no one has the right to shame any one on here (or elsewhere).

It amases me that someone has that much time or energy to invest in insulting another, probably also posts about not getting any messages or meets.

Forget the A-holes, and focus on the affirmation and positivity in this thread!

And I'll have a wee dream about those very kissable lips!

over a year ago

"Unicorn Sparkles, looking at your gallery I see a lovely smile with a deliciously well defined cupids bow! In addition you have lovely curves!

You are right, no one has the right to shame any one on here (or elsewhere).

It amases me that someone has that much time or energy to invest in insulting another, probably also posts about not getting any messages or meets.

Forget the A-holes, and focus on the affirmation and positivity in this thread!

And I'll have a wee dream about those very kissable lips!

"

thank you xx

over a year ago

WOW that's so rude, I'm sorry OP you had to experience a small minded person who obviously has no manners, I myself think it's great you went to the gym, it makes you feel better within yourself and at the end of the day that's all that matters

over a year ago

That is absolutely disgusting, I’m sorry to hear that Some people can just be really vile at times. There is no need x

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"like would they say that to the person in the gym. "

Yes, there are some people that would... I've had them say stuff to me

over a year ago

"I once got a message saying "imagine how hot you could be if you ate right and went to the gym". I don't understand what people get out of sending messages like that. I'm also a bit of a gym addict but hey ho .

People make me sick x"

Maybe I’m weird but that wouldn’t offend me. I’d be like I know, just can’t be arsed to do it at the moment.

With regards to what you’ve experienced, it’s classic retaliation from being rejected. Try not to take it to heart.

over a year ago

"WOW that's so rude, I'm sorry OP you had to experience a small minded person who obviously has no manners, I myself think it's great you went to the gym, it makes you feel better within yourself and at the end of the day that's all that matters "

Exactly. No one knows what anyone else is going through people don’t see the fact I worked in a gym for 2 years helping write programmes for people, I used to be a heavy weight lifter but then got meningitis which floored me left me with chronic fatigue and thyroid issues and depression and so the weight crept on fast forward 5 years I’m back starting with the basics again. So I’m doing what I can now to take back control and get back to how I was. Doing it for me and no one else. X

By *all Guy 00Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

Thanks mate, always in touch with my feelings mate. Let's hope so mate. Thanks I shouldn't let it but it does.

Not as easy though is it, not letting it get to you. Keep on though!!"

It's not mate, I will do mate thanks

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

I've just had a look at your pics and to be honest you look great. Dickheads like that are so insecure about themselves they need to try to belittle others, try to ignore them (I know it is not easy) only change if YOU want to or you need to for health reasons.

over a year ago

"That is absolutely disgusting, I’m sorry to hear that Some people can just be really vile at times. There is no need x "

Exactly if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all x

By *all Guy 00Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

Sorry you had to have that vile message. I have had them myself as its not nice at all. Makes me sick that these folk think it's funny to abuse people for there weight.

Hate these scum and that's what they are.

Keep going on what you're doing we mustn't let these idiots win

By *ikely ladMan
over a year ago

Hounslow

"So it’s January. The post christmas podge war has begun. I posted a status up yesterday about having been to the gym only to receive a vile message stating “you need more than a gym from your pics” what gives anyone the right to make comments like that? I am fuming! At least I’m trying to do something about my size. Some people are just vile! They need to deal with their own insecurities before digging people out about there's! Absolutely nothing wrong with you by the way!

over a year ago

"That is absolutely disgusting, I’m sorry to hear that Some people can just be really vile at times. There is no need x

Exactly if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all x"

It boils my blood body shaming, kink shaming people telling others how to live and what they should be doing it’s totally unnecessary x

By *arker secrets 321Man
over a year ago

West Bromwich

Ur answer lies in the fact u rejected this horrible person .dealing with health issues and trying 2 stay fit/in shape is hard .upmost respect 2 u 4 pushing through these issues 2 reach ur goals x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Op I'm sorry you feel bad and that this was said to you.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 07/01/22 10:02:15]

over a year ago

I get this from lot of lady’s you would think having covid not eating that well no taste or smell that being overweight as I was then losing nearly four stone in two years but don’t really care or bother with negative comments any more they don’t like it then f**k off and move on

By *angerous123Man
over a year ago

Leeds

That's horrible, what a rat.

Don't let it derail you, just keep your head down, do the graft and ignore the noise.

I've been from 18st of lard to standing on a bodybuilding stage and winning. I had detractors at all points of that journey. From too fat, to too lean. There's always pricks of either gender wanting to chime in with their shite opinions. Fuck em.

over a year ago

I know it’s easier said than done, as I’m more than guilty of letting it get to me, but please try to ignore them.

People who have negative things to say, like that type of comment, are not worth your time.

I once had an image shared on a friends page, which invited women to post images of their curves, I said to embrace your curves, someone commented “curves, don’t you mean fat?” He was a friend of the guy I was with at the time, had never met or spoke to me, but was simply being a twat!

People like that aren’t worth your time. They don’t have the courage to share anything publicly, as they know they’re in the wrong, hence private messages. Just last week someone messaged my insta to tell me I was a fat ugly cu*t and it wasn’t surprising he likes to fuck others. It was so vile and unprovoked, it made me feel sick- how dare they say I’m ugly!! Cowards!! Pathetic keyboard warriors who shouldn’t have been able to get to me, but I’ve been feeling vulnerable about my weight gain, so they did.

You’re being proactive, which should always be commended, and have way more going for you than anyone who sends you messages like that. You have an inner strength, a caring personality, courage, and you’re beautiful- just because you’re you!

To anyone who has been body shamed, for whatever reason the trolls use to justify their spite, ignore them! Anyone who feels good about themselves would never resort to trying to be negative about anyone else. They have no need to. Sending you all massive hugs x

Viv xx

By *hesblokeMan
over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Absolutely riles me.

Someone I know was laughing at a larger colleague cos he was trying to eat better and started the gym.

You laugh at him cos he's big and you laugh at him when he tries to do something about it?

I hope he gets fit and smacks the shit out of ya...

Anyway, rant over.

over a year ago

whoever it was is bloody idiot and a massive twat,ignor the sad act,for what its worth you look fucking stunning as most sensible guys will agree.

By *agertha73Couple
over a year ago

Cardiff

It's not acceptable now, it wasn't acceptable 10 years ago, it never has been acceptable.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Some really horrid people on here who I am sure take pleasure in being hurtful to others. Thankfully the good guys outnumber the badies.x

By *Booboo-Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

That's shocking.

We should be celebrating and encouraging the people who are making positive steps in their life whether that be weight, mental or any other aspect of life.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Now off for an angry cry before hitting the gym harder today! whoever it was is bloody idiot and a massive twat,ignor the sad act,for what its worth you look fucking stunning as most sensible guys will agree. "

Agreed. Amazing curves.

Can’t understand why anyone would send such a message , but some people genuinely get a kick out of causing offence.

Best of luck to OP at the gym. The hardest thing about fun work is day 1, and hurting afterwards. After that, it gets progressively easier and you start to see results as you work towards goals, whether those are strength, fitness, weight loss, whatever. There’s nothing like seeing those initial results to fuel the enthusiasm and determination for working towards further gains.

It’s never a smooth road though, there’s always bumps in the road, but keep getting back on the horse and results come.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"It's not acceptable now, it wasn't acceptable 10 years ago, it never has been acceptable."

.. but it is easier to do now, and do anonymously. Sad bastards

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"...what gives anyone the right to make comments like that?... "

Because 'they' are a bunch of kingshit motherfucking wankers to make such hurtful remarks.

[excuse my bad language]

By *merald Eyes XWoman
over a year ago

Can you find me….

That is awful for them to do that.

I was called a pig once and completely devastated me , I was a size 22 but it gave me the motivation to lose weight!! I’ve now lost 8 stone 12 lbs and a size 10, though I did it for me…. It helped me lose weight in a funny way. X

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

There are some vile people in this world. Just no need for some of the comments made on this site from keyboard warriors. Don't waste a single tear on the moron....Good luck on your journey OP xx

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Nobody has the right to body shame anyone. Too many superficial people about and most should take a look at themselves first, including how they behave and interact with others.

over a year ago

I’ve had to call this out more than once in the forum! It’s disgusting and wrong! Sorry you’ve had to deal with it.

over a year ago

Some very sad people on here. I'm overweight, got a belly, but couldn't care less. Its who I am. If people don't like me for that, then they aren't worth knowing. These saddos are just superficial. Look beyond the person and look at the person inside. Personally, I think you look fantastic.

over a year ago

I’ve a friend I talk to on here and she’s just been told she’s “too fat to be sexy” I just want to smack these guys around that body shame people.

By *Booboo-Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I’ve a friend I talk to on here and she’s just been told she’s “too fat to be sexy” I just want to smack these guys around that body shame people. "

The unfortunate thing is that it's against forum rules to name and shame these people.

Make sure she reports him to admin. That kind of thing shouldn't need to be tolerated.

By *ouise73Woman
over a year ago

Norwich

I'm a bbw too

And body shaming is a real issue on here. It happens to me quite often. I report and block them and few months later they come back as a different name.

I met what I thought was a genuine guy new months ago to find until he said that I was fat and I should diet wtf. I reported him and I believe his still on here

over a year ago

"I’ve a friend I talk to on here and she’s just been told she’s “too fat to be sexy” I just want to smack these guys around that body shame people.

The unfortunate thing is that it's against forum rules to name and shame these people.

Make sure she reports him to admin. That kind of thing shouldn't need to be tolerated."

I would have suggested it but she’s gone awol because of it, poor lass. She’s gorgeous too

By *Booboo-Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I’ve a friend I talk to on here and she’s just been told she’s “too fat to be sexy” I just want to smack these guys around that body shame people.

Make sure she reports him to admin. That kind of thing shouldn't need to be tolerated.

I would have suggested it but she’s gone awol because of it, poor lass. She’s gorgeous too "

That's such a shame

over a year ago

Fat shaming happens alot and its obviously shite.

Ive never been fat shamed by a guy only women off here.

over a year ago

This is why i don't have a profile picture, when i first joined i put one up and had a couple of fat shaming messages. No need for this sort of behaviour but it seems to be the world we live in and it definitely needs to stop x

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

What you have to remember is that anyone body-shaming you is doing so because they are deeply unhappy and they have a skewed perception of themselves, they don’t like you getting attention when they get none so seek to shut you down and transfer their unhappiness to you.

Hiding your pictures or responding to them is what they want, they win. Pity them, ignore (block) them but for the love of the gods, don’t let them influence what you do on this site, rob them of the oxygen of hatred and they soon suffocate on their own self-loathing

over a year ago

Hugs Sparkles there's far too much body shaming on here, it's disgusting and needs to stop. I don't know what people get out of it by putting others down. No one has a right to comment on anyone else's size, shape or appearance, it's no one else business if people go to the gym, diet, don't diet or anything else. People need to keep their vile comments to themselves.

over a year ago

I am fat and should be ashamed. Fat is not healthy and I will probably die of a heart attack because of my weight. I am not attractive to 99.9% of people. Being fat is a hindrance to my life. Calling me fat is not shaming. Pointing out a fact is just pointing out a fact. I am fat and most people will overlook me in anything. Just a fact.

By *all Guy 00Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

I've had it here, although shouldn't let it bother me but it does. I've been through a lot with my weight in my life and to be told too fat to be sexy,is very hurtful. It dents confidence and makes ya wonder if should just leave here and walk away

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

"I am fat and should be ashamed. Fat is not healthy and I will probably die of a heart attack because of my weight. I am not attractive to 99.9% of people. Being fat is a hindrance to my life. Calling me fat is not shaming. Pointing out a fact is just pointing out a fact. I am fat and most people will overlook me in anything. Just a fact."

You describe yourselves as “athletic” and “average” not “curvy” or “ample” so I’m not sure why you have described yourselves as fat

Regardless of how you feel about yourselves however that doesn’t give people a right to message you about it, it does give them a right to ignore your profile as unsuitable for their desires if they so choose.

over a year ago

over a year ago

Your photos are beautiful

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

OP it’s not ok for anyone to say that to you. It says far more about them than about you. Don’t let it upset your day, they’re not worth the time.

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr southend

"I've had it here, although shouldn't let it bother me but it does. I've been through a lot with my weight in my life and to be told too fat to be sexy,is very hurtful. It dents confidence and makes ya wonder if should just leave here and walk away "

Dont do it fella dont let them win, as a chunky chap myself I have had the odd comment on here but I wont even give them the time of day, it just proves that they are vile people and are probably only sulking because they arent getting the attention they want, which is probably down to thier ugly attitude towards other humans. We come in all shapes and sizes and there are many out there that are not bothered in the slightest by body type and even those that prefer us just the way we are (they know we give the best cuddles ) just remember we can lose weight if we choose to but thier ugly attitudes with be with them forever

over a year ago

What a toss pot.

You are absolutely beautiful and I wish you all the success with your gym journey! Braver than me

over a year ago

"I am fat and should be ashamed. Fat is not healthy and I will probably die of a heart attack because of my weight. I am not attractive to 99.9% of people. Being fat is a hindrance to my life. Calling me fat is not shaming. Pointing out a fact is just pointing out a fact. I am fat and most people will overlook me in anything. Just a fact.

You describe yourselves as “athletic” and “average” not “curvy” or “ample” so I’m not sure why you have described yourselves as fat

Regardless of how you feel about yourselves however that doesn’t give people a right to message you about it, it does give them a right to ignore your profile as unsuitable for their desires if they so choose. "

You are clearly only paying attention to the female one the profile.

Illustrating the point. Attractive people are noticed. Others are not.

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

"I am fat and should be ashamed. Fat is not healthy and I will probably die of a heart attack because of my weight. I am not attractive to 99.9% of people. Being fat is a hindrance to my life. Calling me fat is not shaming. Pointing out a fact is just pointing out a fact. I am fat and most people will overlook me in anything. Just a fact.

Regardless of how you feel about yourselves however that doesn’t give people a right to message you about it, it does give them a right to ignore your profile as unsuitable for their desires if they so choose.

You are clearly only paying attention to the female one the profile.

Illustrating the point. Attractive people are noticed. Others are not. "

No I made a point not to just focus on the female half of your profile. The male (you?) describes himself as average (see above where I outlined both of your descriptors).

My point still stands. No one has a right to insult you, unless that’s what you want and you have explicitly stated that they can

over a year ago

OP I think you have a beautiful body. Take no notice of the scum bag that commented on you. Be proud of your body and give a big FU to anyone that sends you hurtful messages. There are enough of us on here that think you have an amazing body x. Send love to you xx

By *all Guy 00Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

"I've had it here, although shouldn't let it bother me but it does. I've been through a lot with my weight in my life and to be told too fat to be sexy,is very hurtful. It dents confidence and makes ya wonder if should just leave here and walk away

Dont do it fella dont let them win, as a chunky chap myself I have had the odd comment on here but I wont even give them the time of day, it just proves that they are vile people and are probably only sulking because they arent getting the attention they want, which is probably down to thier ugly attitude towards other humans. We come in all shapes and sizes and there are many out there that are not bothered in the slightest by body type and even those that prefer us just the way we are (they know we give the best cuddles ) just remember we can lose weight if we choose to but thier ugly attitudes with be with them forever "

Thanks mate means a lot

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr southend

"I've had it here, although shouldn't let it bother me but it does. I've been through a lot with my weight in my life and to be told too fat to be sexy,is very hurtful. It dents confidence and makes ya wonder if should just leave here and walk away

Dont do it fella dont let them win, as a chunky chap myself I have had the odd comment on here but I wont even give them the time of day, it just proves that they are vile people and are probably only sulking because they arent getting the attention they want, which is probably down to thier ugly attitude towards other humans. We come in all shapes and sizes and there are many out there that are not bothered in the slightest by body type and even those that prefer us just the way we are (they know we give the best cuddles ) just remember we can lose weight if we choose to but thier ugly attitudes with be with them forever

Thanks mate means a lot "

Not a problem fella I gave up worrying about the haters years ago and just thing it's kind of sad now that they have to belittle others to make themselves feel better

By *ternal PunishmentCouple
over a year ago

The Abyss

xx"

Don't let this give you anxiety over the gym stick with it not just for health reason for your head and your anxiety it will help millions good luck girl you've got this x

By *all Guy 00Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

Thanks mate means a lot

Not a problem fella I gave up worrying about the haters years ago and just thing it's kind of sad now that they have to belittle others to make themselves feel better"

I normally would do, been been through a lot in last 5 years that has affected me more than I admit too

over a year ago

Fks sake what a tit that plinker was....

Keep going love, you've got to have plenty of guts to do the gym, right after Crimbo x

By *oudLoutishLoverWoman
over a year ago

Colchester

A man in the Fab chatroom said, ‘you’ve gained quite a bit since your last photo, haven’t you?’. I immediately left the room in shame.

I wish people knew how upsetting this sort of thing is. Any sort of negative personal comment can be terribly hurtful. We come in all shapes and sizes. I do wish that people, women and men, were accepted for what they are rather than written off as falling short of a media ideal.

I’ve spent my life feeling inferior and imperfect for not being slim. That’s three decades of hiding and apologising. It sucks balls.

I’ve been called fatty after rejections, on here. Ignore these arseclowns.

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

The anonymity of this site provides an opportunity for "schadenfreude" to be exhibited by certain nasty people.

It is an old German term: exhibiting delight at the misfortune of others!

over a year ago

"A man in the Fab chatroom said, ‘you’ve gained quite a bit since your last photo, haven’t you?’. I immediately left the room in shame.

I wish people knew how upsetting this sort of thing is. Any sort of negative personal comment can be terribly hurtful. We come in all shapes and sizes. I do wish that people, women and men, were accepted for what they are rather than written off as falling short of a media ideal.

I’ve spent my life feeling inferior and imperfect for not being slim. That’s three decades of hiding and apologising. It sucks balls.

I’ve been called fatty after rejections, on here. Ignore these arseclowns."

I've had it all my life and I'm very conscious of my body because of hurtful words.

Beautiful words from a beautiful womam. Thank you

By *all Guy 00Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

"A man in the Fab chatroom said, ‘you’ve gained quite a bit since your last photo, haven’t you?’. I immediately left the room in shame.

It's shocking to say the least. We are all the same inside just have different shells. How anyone can call you fat is beyond me.

over a year ago

I've often seen you named as one of the sexiest women on the site. Don't hide. Don't apologise. You're beautiful.

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr southend

Damn not only are they complete douch bags for making such comments but obviously need an eye test you are stunning, some people really dont like having their fragile little egos hurt do they. The same goes for you OP you are beautiful

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

I've had a look at your pics and you are in no way fat, you appear to be a nice healthy weight and sexy to go with it. Even if you were bigger there would be nothing wrong with it as long as you were comfortable with your body and healthy. Its just dickheads being dickheads they think if they put people down it will make them want to please them unfortunately its one of the most common forms of abuse.

over a year ago

Bloody love you lot. I did a 45 min session and then did some stretching and functional stuff. I felt super self conscious today more so than previous visits. Hoping my smaller regular gym refurb is done soon and I can get back to my safe space.

Massive thanks for the lovely comments and messages I’ve had you’re all adorable.

Xx

By *all Guy 00Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

"Bloody love you lot. I did a 45 min session and then did some stretching and functional stuff. I felt super self conscious today more so than previous visits. Hoping my smaller regular gym refurb is done soon and I can get back to my safe space.

Massive thanks for the lovely comments and messages I’ve had you’re all adorable.

Xx"

Well done you, you should be so proud of what you're doing. Keep going and you will get there.

I'll be doing my daily morning walks sop approx 6 miles xx

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr southend

"Bloody love you lot. I did a 45 min session and then did some stretching and functional stuff. I felt super self conscious today more so than previous visits. Hoping my smaller regular gym refurb is done soon and I can get back to my safe space.

Xx"

Well done a 45min gym session would probably damn near kill me, be damn proud of yourself and what you are doing

over a year ago

Don't suck HIS balls my love, they need kicking lol

You do know people say the weirdest of things, when they know they have no chance of meeting...

Your style of conversation and your attractive look could never be disappointing...

Lovely lady inside and out x

over a year ago

Xx"

...and on that note you've inspired to do mine at home right now.... X

over a year ago

Xx

...and on that note you've inspired to do mine at home right now.... X"

Awesome go you! I hope you feel good. It sure boosts the sertonin for sure, I actually feel a crash when I stop but I’ve got to rest. X

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I've had a woman I was chatting to, start pushing to meet after just a few messages. When I refused she went through my verifications and contacted one of my friends and told her to back off and stop holding me back.

Luckily that friend and I have a very good relationship but when I challenged the other woman about her actions she told me she was doing me a favour and resorted to body shaming which in turn got her blocked and reported.

There are many aspects to this subject and the majority of body shaming I have witnessed has been from women to other women and on a few occasions men towards other men. I can honestly say I have not witnessed very much cross gender shaming.

over a year ago

"Absolutely riles me.

Someone I know was laughing at a larger colleague cos he was trying to eat better and started the gym.

You laugh at him cos he's big and you laugh at him when he tries to do something about it?

**I hope he gets fit and smacks the shit out of ya...**

Anyway, rant over."

over a year ago

Unfortunately far shaming happens too often in real life as well as online. Don’t know why people think it’s ok to make disgusting remarks to strangers. I’m glad you did your thing at the gym despite his remarks. Daft twat he was x

over a year ago

"Unfortunately far shaming happens too often in real life as well as online. Don’t know why people think it’s ok to make disgusting remarks to strangers. I’m glad you did your thing at the gym despite his remarks. Daft twat he was x "

You have some fabulous lingerie by the way. Interested where you get it. I struggle to get the stuff online to fit me. Big boobs small waist and bum lol

over a year ago

The keyboard warriors and trolls are rife on here. What gives anyone the right to be so nasty to someone? Sending hugs and you look amazing! Boob envy right here!!!

over a year ago

"The keyboard warriors and trolls are rife on here. What gives anyone the right to be so nasty to someone? Sending hugs and you look amazing! Boob envy right here!!!"

Awwh thank you lovely. Xxx

over a year ago

"The keyboard warriors and trolls are rife on here. What gives anyone the right to be so nasty to someone? Sending hugs and you look amazing! Boob envy right here!!!"

You’ve got amazing legs xx

over a year ago

nobody should be body shamed that include slim to large its not just fat shaming but there are women and men on here who likes to slag us slim ladies off too its not on either way ...

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Vile person I'm sure he does great here.

By *he Original SpartanMan
over a year ago

Daventry

Nobody’s perfect, we all like and appreciate various body types. Some like stick thin, medium, larger etc both male and female! Yeah the other non male / female ones too!

It’s not down to anyone to comment in a negative way on others body appearance and says a lot more about them than it does those who are being attacked!

They have the issue and it’s a mirror reflecting their inner soul. All of which is ugly!

I looked at the OP’s profile abs thought her photos were very gorgeous.

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I always got brought up with, that if you don’t have nothing nice to say…don’t say anything at all. X

By *igBobby82Man
over a year ago

Hartlepool

"I always got brought up with, that if you don’t have nothing nice to say…don’t say anything at all. X"

Every decent person is taught this and sticks to it. It's the others that like to make big people feel low. I'm sure they are also taught this. But they clearly are not decent.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Obviously a dickhead. Try not to pay too much notice to the opinions of a dickhead.

over a year ago

Why can't people be decent and not horrid? X

over a year ago

Your actions are a reflection on you, you've made the change you feel you need, that's a positive and with time spent with your focus in the right place, you'll achieve the results you seek.

Well done and keep at it.

Their actions are a reflection upon them, using such a platform to put others down for no reason other than cruelty slows how ugly inside they are.

They have a lot of work to be rid of their toxicity and from the message you speak of, I wonder if they've even taken the first step.

Please don't allow the toxicity of others to burn you.

By *ovablerogue40Man
over a year ago

travelling

It seems that is the world we live now that people think they have the right to vile, rude about peoples looks. Everyone seems to obsessed about image, to point that it does not look right.

This site seems to have far too many people that are willing to give opinions that are not wanted, and this makes it more difficult for the genuine ones.

Beauty is in the eye of the behold and it is about how comfortable you feel about yourself, or the person feeling you

Don't let get you down

over a year ago

The body is one of the last things I consider in a meeting,for me if you don't have a personality, sense of humour,don't take yourself seriously,love banter,then I'm not interested,anyone who's just after a model type is shallow,that's just my opinion.

over a year ago

I honestly applaud you for trying to make yourself a healthier person…. Please haters will always hate, use the block button and rise above it, your so much better than this vile person, we both know that right

Think of it this way at least your worth talking about and picking on you is leaving someone else alone, so your taking one for them team…. Your beautiful inside and out, be positive x

Post new Message to Thread