Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Reasons women don’t reply…

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ladies, let’s hear once again, why don’t you reply to messages…..

For me, crude, rude, objectifying messages are not replied to.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

I don't actually understand what the hell they are going on about, so just don't answer rather than reply, ehh??

Reply privately

By *olly SwallowsTV/TS
over a year ago

Sexville

Generally if they have made no attempt to approach me politely, with some thought about what might grab my attention or don’t meet my requirements x

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I dont reply because I'm lazy

I check the profile when I get a message. If I dont like the profile, I dont respond. Most of the time I dont even read the message.

I dont bother with polite "no thanks" because it opens a dialogue that I dont want to get into

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ladies, let’s hear once again, why don’t you reply to messages…..

For me, crude, rude, objectifying messages are not replied to."

But I was said you have nice boobs

Reply privately

By *ookie_and_NookieCouple
over a year ago

Kent

Because of the sheer volume of messages we get, I don’t reply to anyone who doesn’t fit our preferences. Aside from that, if your profile is full of dick pics, private profile, no photos at all, rubbish bio or you mention things we aren’t in to then we won’t reply. If you send a message with dick pics, a one liner, aim your message just at me (the wife) and ignore my husband, speak in a way we find disrespectful to either or both of us, if you jump the gun or make assumptions or come across rude then we will not reply.

We are super picky!

C x

Reply privately

over a year ago

I got a bit fed up of these messages, so blocked men from messaging.

Reply privately

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

Just here for research purposes.

Carry on as normal

Reply privately

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

No profile pic … poor profile … or profile pic that’s a dick pic

Reply privately

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

I probably reply more than most, usually a 'Thanks' then I'll ignore anything after that if I'm not interested in conversation

Reply privately

By *eachcplCouple
over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

Text speak means instant delete. One and two word messages get the same as do guys who clearly have not read any of the profile

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Because of the sheer volume of messages we get, I don’t reply to anyone who doesn’t fit our preferences. Aside from that, if your profile is full of dick pics, private profile, no photos at all, rubbish bio or you mention things we aren’t in to then we won’t reply. If you send a message with dick pics, a one liner, aim your message just at me (the wife) and ignore my husband, speak in a way we find disrespectful to either or both of us, if you jump the gun or make assumptions or come across rude then we will not reply.

We are super picky!

C x"

That isn’t picky at all, that’s expecting respect.

Reply privately

over a year ago

sometimes just can't be botherd to get into a conversation

if no photos on profile or practically blank profile

if dick pics are sent straight away

one word messages

iam sure there are other reasons but can't think this early in the morning

Reply privately

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

If the profile is not compatible with me I simply delete.

Too many take advantage of my polite no thank you reply to try and force a conversation so I stopped replying.

Reply privately

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Don’t forget presumptuous .. … they assume you will meet them

Reply privately

over a year ago

Another too lazy one... Or should I say I just don't have time to go through them all.

The profile pic or preview of the message do really have to grab my attention but I'll check out the profile before I open it and if its not what I'm looking for I just move on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

When rude obviously not read profile, have been polite previously but can open door to more rudeness

Reply privately

over a year ago

When they message with a long list of what they want to do to me. If you can't be fucked to clean your lavvie before a pic pal, I very much doubt you're going to show me the time of my life.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's rare i reply

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don’t forget presumptuous .. … they assume you will meet them "

Ohh yes!

Will also add, if someone double dares me to reply, I’m definitely not going to

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

When they message with a long list of what they want to do to me. If you can't be fucked to clean your lavvie before a pic pal, I very much doubt you're going to show me the time of my life. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

When they message with a long list of what they want to do to me. If you can't be fucked to clean your lavvie before a pic pal, I very much doubt you're going to show me the time of my life. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Come on ladies... this is so annoying...I've sent 100s msgs bearly any gets any reply...even msgs with a compliments bearly gets a thank you back... somethings gotta be changed as this can put us down

Reply privately

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Usually if the profile is blank I won't reply especially when no public pics cos they have cheated to get past my filters.

Otherwise just the usual not reading my profile or faf messages.

I don't get a lot of messages so I do tend to reply to most okay ones even if it's to say no thanks.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The messages which treat me as an object or a sex worker. (Or both).

Three men messaged to tell me I must have got spunk in my eyes because I have conjunctivitis. I've lost count of the ones who messaged to say "fab tits" this week. They're not opening messages I will bother to reply to.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Come on ladies... this is so annoying...I've sent 100s msgs bearly any gets any reply...even msgs with a compliments bearly gets a thank you back... somethings gotta be changed as this can put us down"

So if a woman gets fifty messages a day with a compliment she has to reply to each one with a lengthy message? The world doesn't owe you a shag.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The messages which treat me as an object or a sex worker. (Or both).

Three men messaged to tell me I must have got spunk in my eyes because I have conjunctivitis. I've lost count of the ones who messaged to say "fab tits" this week. They're not opening messages I will bother to reply to. "

Why not use your filters to stop men messaging you and do your own searching...once your eye infection clears up

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The messages which treat me as an object or a sex worker. (Or both).

Three men messaged to tell me I must have got spunk in my eyes because I have conjunctivitis. I've lost count of the ones who messaged to say "fab tits" this week. They're not opening messages I will bother to reply to.

Why not use your filters to stop men messaging you and do your own searching...once your eye infection clears up "

Because I don't want to. I do it periodically but I prefer to keep messages open. My choice. (And not searching or meeting anyway).

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Laziness or not having the spoons to maintain a conversation

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Come on ladies... this is so annoying...I've sent 100s msgs bearly any gets any reply...even msgs with a compliments bearly gets a thank you back... somethings gotta be changed as this can put us down"

100 messages over how long?

I had 183 messages in 18 hrs and replied to them all. Took over an hour to read then reply. More kept coming in.

So now I don't fuck men I just reply to messages. And they complain I don't fuck.

I do agree it can feel really shit to get no reply at all. I can see both sides.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

We have to change to cater to you?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Laziness or not having the spoons to maintain a conversation "

Love the spoons analogy!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Come on ladies... this is so annoying...I've sent 100s msgs bearly any gets any reply...even msgs with a compliments bearly gets a thank you back... somethings gotta be changed as this can put us down

I had 183 messages in 18 hrs and replied to them all. Took over an hour to read then reply. More kept coming in.

So now I don't fuck men I just reply to messages. And they complain I don't fuck.

I do agree it can feel really shit to get no reply at all. I can see both sides. "

I think most of us can see both sides, but honestly, you know the absolute shit some of us receive in our inbox

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Come on ladies... this is so annoying...I've sent 100s msgs bearly any gets any reply...even msgs with a compliments bearly gets a thank you back... somethings gotta be changed as this can put us down

So if a woman gets fifty messages a day with a compliment she has to reply to each one with a lengthy message? The world doesn't owe you a shag. "

Yes, yes they do. And send cake

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do agree it can feel really shit to get no reply at all. I can see both sides.

I think most of us can see both sides, but honestly, you know the absolute shit some of us receive in our inbox "

Yep

It actually pisses me off when some men say that the crappy men don't ruin it for the rest. Yes they do! Some women are saying they give up replying or even stop meeting due to the crappy men messages.

But the men keep mansplaining.....

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I think most of us can see both sides, but honestly, you know the absolute shit some of us receive in our inbox

Yep

It actually pisses me off when some men say that the crappy men don't ruin it for the rest. Yes they do! Some women are saying they give up replying or even stop meeting due to the crappy men messages.

But the men keep mansplaining..... "

Yesterday I had a straight man mansplain two women having sex to me, a bisexual woman .

Reply privately

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

On the very rare occasion I don’t reply to a message it’s because I can’t be arsed.

I’ve had a long day in work, I’ve come home and fed the dogs, fed the cat, made a cuppa for my mum, done the school pick up (x2) and then I log in to read the forums whilst I relax for 5.

Meanwhile, Big Dick Dave from Dagenham is insistently keen to show me that if I met him now I could be squirting all over the ceiling.

For the love of god Dave, I just want to drink my tea, look at cock pics and chat shit on the forums!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yep

But the men keep mansplaining..... "

100%! It’s pretty much put me off men.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yep

Yesterday I had a straight man mansplain two women having sex to me, a bisexual woman . "

What the fucking fuck?! I despair :'-(

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yep

Yesterday I had a straight man mansplain two women having sex to me, a bisexual woman . "

I hope you learned something.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"On the very rare occasion I don’t reply to a message it’s because I can’t be arsed.

I’ve had a long day in work, I’ve come home and fed the dogs, fed the cat, made a cuppa for my mum, done the school pick up (x2) and then I log in to read the forums whilst I relax for 5.

Meanwhile, Big Dick Dave from Dagenham is insistently keen to show me that if I met him now I could be squirting all over the ceiling.

For the love of god Dave, I just want to drink my tea, look at cock pics and chat shit on the forums!"

I shouldn’t laugh, I mean, I did, but also :'-(

Reply privately

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We have, what we like to think is, a detailed profile and an extensive collection of pics, none of which are graphic.

To then get a message complimenting us on our profile and pics and they’ve just attached dick pics or just have dick pics on their profile really makes us cringe

Straight in the bin with you

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Lots of reasons. Lack of headspace to engage properly so waiting for a better time, can't think of anything witty to say, they're not the person I want to be messaging... that being said, bar forum games I do tend to have some semblance of filters up. I don't really moan about the messages - I get why they would, young, big boobs. Can't blame them for listening to their little brain.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The funniest one, was the man who messaged telling me he enjoyed reading my bio.

My bio is literally ….

Reply privately

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

Rude, crude and solitary Hi and Hello , everything else gets a “no thank you”.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Yep

Yesterday I had a straight man mansplain two women having sex to me, a bisexual woman .

I hope you learned something. "

I'd been doing it all wrong

Reply privately

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

"The funniest one, was the man who messaged telling me he enjoyed reading my bio.

My bio is literally …."

Oh yes this

Literally this morning

There’s also the copy and pasted stating someone else’s name like “Hi Lorna” or “Hello to you both”.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm glad they don't reply to me

Don't think I would know what to do if they did

Reply privately

over a year ago

"On the very rare occasion I don’t reply to a message it’s because I can’t be arsed.

For the love of god Dave, I just want to drink my tea, look at cock pics and chat shit on the forums!"

All I can think is how much of a pain it would be cleaning the ceiling.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So if a woman gets fifty messages a day with a compliment she has to reply to each one with a lengthy message? The world doesn't owe you a shag.

Yes, yes they do. And send cake "

You can send ME the , cheers

Reply privately

By *sm01Man
over a year ago

wisbech

You woman only want lesbian friends you don't want has guys do you

Reply privately

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I receive quite a few messages from profiles that have a black silhouette, no public pictures and one line on their profile.

If they can't put any effort into their profile then why should I spend my time replying.

Reply privately

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

"You woman only want lesbian friends you don't want has guys do you"

. I do hope your comment was sarcasm, for your own benefit.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Because my profile is hidden so that I won't get messages. So when I do get messages I think .............hmmmmm a forum lurker ... and don't reply.

I do reply if I have seen them on the forum and it's about forum business but for chats/meets....... no reply.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I receive quite a few messages from profiles that have a black silhouette, no public pictures and one line on their profile.

If they can't put any effort into their profile then why should I spend my time replying."

Because it could turn out to be the best meet you ever had.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You woman only want lesbian friends you don't want has guys do you"

Yes, all the women on here are lesbians.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You woman only want lesbian friends you don't want has guys do you

Yes, all the women on here are lesbians. "

Fab has turned me

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fab has turned me "

Me too

Reply privately

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

Fab has turned me

Me too

"

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Reply privately

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

"I receive quite a few messages from profiles that have a black silhouette, no public pictures and one line on their profile.

If they can't put any effort into their profile then why should I spend my time replying.

Because it could turn out to be the best meet you ever had. "

Could be, but I would rather make an effort with people who make an effort for themselves. This process has worked for me for years so I'm sticking with it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fab has turned me

Me too

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

Its ok. I mean, you can probs watch?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because it could turn out to be the best meet you ever had. "

Seriously? We should consider and follow up every crappy message and profile? Lol.

Reply privately

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

Fab has turned me

Me too

Its ok. I mean, you can probs watch? "

Ok I’m back in

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Because it could turn out to be the best meet you ever had.

Could be, but I would rather make an effort with people who make an effort for themselves. This process has worked for me for years so I'm sticking with it."

Good. I admire resolve which is one reason I don't have a pic and insist on sticking to my tried n tested method.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fab has turned me

Me too

Ok I’m back in "

It’ll be hard, but you’ll cope

Reply privately

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

To all the ladies above ..

Faf Innit Bruv ?

Reply privately

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

"To all the ladies above ..

Faf Innit Bruv ? "

Ohhhh that's made me instantly wet!!

Reply privately

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"To all the ladies above ..

Faf Innit Bruv ?

Ohhhh that's made me instantly wet!!"

Reply privately

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

Fab has turned me

Me too

Ok I’m back in

It’ll be hard, but you’ll cope "

I see what you did there

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fab has turned me

Me too

Ok I’m back in

I see what you did there "

Me ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Crude first messages.

Story first messages of how it's going to go.

When they obviously haven't read my profile and are hairless or shorter than me.

I also always look at a person's profile before looking at the message . If its crap or has loads of pictures of him hanging out of loads of women bb then I won't even bother to read it.

Reply privately

By *agicM53XMan
over a year ago

Orpington

On the rare occasion I do send the first message, the reply comes weeks or sometimes months after...and it usually says " Sorry I get so many messages, I totally missed yours "...even though that's not a rejection, it still feels like one initially, and I don't want to feel rejected or unwanted anymore

I made a conscious decision not to send the first message...I just focus on me and my profile, and if I fit a woman’s criteria, they can message me ... it seems to be working

I wish more men on fab would take this approach...it would balance things out a bit

Reply privately

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

I don’t reply because I’m a fake and a time waster and not even that attractive anyway.

I mostly reply. I don’t if they say they enjoyed reading my profile and think they’re a good match.

My bio isn’t a bio.

Reply privately

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

Lack lustre profiles with bios that read ‘fill this in later’ or claims to be a heavy cummer, multiple pics of them hanging out of multiple woman or zero pics at all

Assumptive messages that think you just sit at home waiting for the next dick to arrive - messages like ‘I’ll just come over now’ ‘you free now’ etc etc

Or the ones that paint some sort of elaborate story about what they wish to do to you- pound you/punish you or words to that effect - my vagina just recoils at these!

X

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"On the rare occasion I do send the first message, the reply comes weeks or sometimes months after...and it usually says " Sorry I get so many messages, I totally missed yours "...even though that's not a rejection, it still feels like one initially, and I don't want to feel rejected or unwanted anymore

I made a conscious decision not to send the first message...I just focus on me and my profile, and if I fit a woman’s criteria, they can message me ... it seems to be working

I wish more men on fab would take this approach...it would balance things out a bit"

If they didn't have a hard on during the process they'd have great success at that ......

Reply privately

over a year ago

"On the rare occasion I do send the first message, the reply comes weeks or sometimes months after...and it usually says " Sorry I get so many messages, I totally missed yours "...even though that's not a rejection, it still feels like one initially, and I don't want to feel rejected or unwanted anymore

I wish more men on fab would take this approach...it would balance things out a bit"

Me too, would make for a much better experience.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don’t reply because I’m a fake and a time waster and not even that attractive anyway.

I mostly reply. I don’t if they say they enjoyed reading my profile and think they’re a good match.

My bio isn’t a bio. "

Made me laugh out loud though

Reply privately

over a year ago

I love the messages I get that start with, hi both, I always wonder if they’re referring to my breasts or my split personalities, or they’ve just used a cut n copy message that they’ve been sending to couples.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Why don’t more women just block single guys and message the ones they like the look of?

On a couples profile it took us about 3 days to figure out it’s the better way to do things

Woman complain about dick pics, bad messages, the volume of messages

Genuinely curious? It solves basically every problem you have on here

Reply privately

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

Fab has turned me

Me too

Ok I’m back in

I see what you did there

Me ?"

Yes you !

So as not to derail the thread you should message me but don’t start with any rude 1 liners ok

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why don’t more women just block single guys and message the ones they like the look of?

On a couples profile it took us about 3 days to figure out it’s the better way to do things

Genuinely curious? It solves basically every problem you have on here "

Because I’m looking for something, I’ve used my status recently to attract what I want and am receiving messages regarding it.

Also, I don’t mind receiving messages, I can’t reply to them all, but I don’t mind, it’s the type of message I object to.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why don’t more women just block single guys and message the ones they like the look of?

But then people wouldn’t be able to moan and everyone loves a moan I’ve hidden my profile because I don’t want messages, I don’t want anything from here so pointless dangling my carrot and having a profile which can be messaged.

Reply privately

By *herry OnatopWoman
over a year ago

Just over there

Ohh yes!

Will also add, if someone double dares me to reply, I’m definitely not going to "

I had a double dare one this week, bet its the same guy!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why don't men stop being dicks with their messages? That would also solve the problem...

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

But then people wouldn’t be able to moan and everyone loves a moan I’ve hidden my profile because I don’t want messages, I don’t want anything from here so pointless dangling my carrot and having a profile which can be messaged. "

Im sure I’ll get slaughtered for saying it but

They like the ego boost

They hand no idea of how to actually message first

The idea of rejection terrifies them

It’s very easy to sit back and get picked then moan about your messages

It takes effort to be proactive

Reply privately

By *acDreamyMan
over a year ago

Wirral

If it is read and no reply then I get the message but it is tricky if a message is not read.

Does that mean she is not interested or just unaware about what sparkling banter and fabulous sex we could have?

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Why don't men stop being dicks with their messages? That would also solve the problem..."

What about men that aren’t ducks but are just a little boring or are not your type?

It fixed that too so, why not?

Reply privately

over a year ago

But then people wouldn’t be able to moan and everyone loves a moan I’ve hidden my profile because I don’t want messages, I don’t want anything from here so pointless dangling my carrot and having a profile which can be messaged. "

This post isn’t about having a moan, it’s a public service broadcast

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ohh yes!

Will also add, if someone double dares me to reply, I’m definitely not going to

I had a double dare one this week, bet its the same guy! "

Probably

Reply privately

over a year ago

But then people wouldn’t be able to moan and everyone loves a moan I’ve hidden my profile because I don’t want messages, I don’t want anything from here so pointless dangling my carrot and having a profile which can be messaged.

They like the ego boost

It takes effort to be proactive "

Women are great at multi tasking - we can do BOTH. Receive and send messages.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They like the ego boost

I’ve said this to you before, why do you think it’s an ego boost? It really isn’t

Reply privately

By *piderBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Back of Nowhere and Beyond

Because I don't have the headspace or energy to converse one on one with anyone at that moment.

Or because I don't want to get into a discussion where the base implication is that "you're on fab, therefore you must want sex with anyone who offers it", and there is always a risk of that.

Or because I don't have the time right then to have a conversation that lasts more than one or two messages.

Or because the sky is the wrong shade of blue, or I need to fart, or I'm excited about the postman arriving, or ooh look there is something shiny and I forgot everything else.

Could be one or more of a bazillion reasons.

Posh

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

They like the ego boost

Women are great at multi tasking - we can do BOTH. Receive and send messages. "

Hmm… maybe as a guy my mind is wired differently. I’d prefer to just message who I like the look of vs sorting through 100s of messages a day, 99% of which aren’t of any use to me

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

They like the ego boost

I’ve said this to you before, why do you think it’s an ego boost? It really isn’t "

What about my original question? Why don’t you?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If it is read and no reply then I get the message but it is tricky if a message is not read.

Does that mean she is not interested or just unaware about what sparkling banter and fabulous sex we could have?"

Take it as a compliment. Maybe she thinks you are too hot and out of her league and you wouldn't actually meet her.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They like the ego boost

Agreed....You can't control what others do or the content men sens out but you can control your reactions to it....I just don't understand what complaining achieves, help yourself, protect yourself.

I know women can be just as guilty of bad message content but it just stands out more with men because of the higher ratio of men to women.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’ve always wondered why women never reply to me sending an autographed picture of myself

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I do. In fact I block every category and do my messaging myself.

It doesn't solve every problem though because when I am looking for single men, even once I put in my search criteria, I still get 10 pages of just the men who've been online in the past 10 minutes .

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

They like the ego boost

Agreed....You can't control what others do or the content men sens out but you can control your reactions to it....I just don't understand what complaining achieves, help yourself, protect yourself.

I know women can be just as guilty of bad message content but it just stands out more with men because of the higher ratio of men to women.

"

As a bi guy I fully agree, men send much much much worse messages than women. Like 100x worse

Just seems like an easy fix to me.

It would be like asking for post from every restaurant in the country then struggling to look through it all

Why not just ask for the restaurant you like?

Reply privately

By *all Guy 00Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

I think women don't reply to me much as feel I'm not good enough

Reply privately

over a year ago

If people think I’m having a moan, then that’s their perception.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk

Reply privately

over a year ago

They like the ego boost

Hmm… maybe as a guy my mind is wired differently. I’d prefer to just message who I like the look of vs sorting through 100s of messages a day, 99% of which aren’t of any use to me "

Well yes - I think men and women think differently. I like having my messages open because I get interesting ones from people via the forums. I don't want to close that door. If I got twice as many messages I might change my mind. But for now, I enjoy the conversations. And if there's someone I like I will wink or message.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do not get messages to reply to, and it is a waste of time writing to anyone from what I read here.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

They like the ego boost

Hmm… maybe as a guy my mind is wired differently. I’d prefer to just message who I like the look of vs sorting through 100s of messages a day, 99% of which aren’t of any use to me

Well yes - I think men and women think differently. I like having my messages open because I get interesting ones from people via the forums. I don't want to close that door. If I got twice as many messages I might change my mind. But for now, I enjoy the conversations. And if there's someone I like I will wink or message. "

That’s a fair answer, random messages from the forums are nice.

I wasn’t active in the forums when in a couple and as I said, it took us 3 days to figure out “fuck this” and just block single guys, then find ones we liked.

Granted though, maybe there’s a blank profile that wouldn’t catch your eye, but their 1st message with pics would blow your socks off?

Just a curiosity. I see most women get 200-500 messages a day. They probably only open like 5% of them. Seems like a perfect fix, but obviously not that perfect

Reply privately

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

"If people think I’m having a moan, then that’s their perception.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk "

You weren’t having a moan, you were having an opinion and asking what others thoughts were - that’s what the forum is here for, open discussions.

I for one won’t prevent single guys from messaging me as a single female I’d like to find some for fun and frolics, granted in that process it does leave my inbox open to receive messages which I may not like the content of but in some cases it’s lead me to meet some very interesting people or make friends here - swings and roundabouts!

Xx

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The lack of simple, common courtesy and respect, is a big part of it.

If that's not a red flag, then if they have the wrong expectations, there's little point too.

I look at the profile first always. I often run away fast, if it screams not compatible.

Reply privately

By *agicM53XMan
over a year ago

Orpington

Why don't men stop being dicks with their messages? That would also solve the problem..."

Yes, but if you do block messages, you are acting for yourself and taking charge of the situation, solving the issues without relying on the behaviour of men... I think he makes a valid point, rather than expecting anything from anyone (even if it is just human decency and respect), you just make your own choices and create the environment you want to be in.

Not that I am disagreeing with you...I wish men wouldn't message women at all

Reply privately

By *piderBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Back of Nowhere and Beyond

Why do people assume that women are complaining about how many messages they get whenever there is a post like this?

I hardly get any messages, because I'm not what a lot of men are looking for, my (single) profile is 6 miles long and I think it scares people off, but I'm still crap at replying to them. And the thread was asking why that is.

No complaint. Just a thing

Posh

Reply privately

over a year ago

When I was open to the idea of meeting guys from here I hardly ever found anyone I was attracted to when I searched myself within however many miles but I’d get messages from guys I was attracted to that were in a different areas to those I was searching. Still within decent travelling distances but they were men I wouldn’t have found myself on a search, so I can understand why women don’t want to block all men because it could stop a diamond getting through that perhaps they wouldn’t find on their own search.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Dick pics flooding their profile

Dick pic avatar

Dick pic first message

Graphic action shot avatar

Action shot in first message

Silhouette head

Status update red flags

Graphic first message

“Hi”

“How are you?”

“WUU2” or any other teenage slang

Too young/too old.

Too local.

To name but a few reasons I don’t reply……

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

They like the ego boost

Well yes - I think men and women think differently. I like having my messages open because I get interesting ones from people via the forums. I don't want to close that door. If I got twice as many messages I might change my mind. But for now, I enjoy the conversations. And if there's someone I like I will wink or message.

That’s a fair answer, random messages from the forums are nice.

I wasn’t active in the forums when in a couple and as I said, it took us 3 days to figure out “fuck this” and just block single guys, then find ones we liked.

Granted though, maybe there’s a blank profile that wouldn’t catch your eye, but their 1st message with pics would blow your socks off?

Just a curiosity. I see most women get 200-500 messages a day. They probably only open like 5% of them. Seems like a perfect fix, but obviously not that perfect "

To be honest, wadding through your messages is probably less profiles to look through than the search results.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Dick pics flooding their profile

Dick pic avatar

Dick pic first message

Silhouette head

Status update red flags

Graphic first message

“Hi”

“How are you?”

Too young/too old.

Too local.

To name but a few reasons I don’t reply……"

Wow. Love your two piece. You’re lush.

Reply privately

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"If it is read and no reply then I get the message but it is tricky if a message is not read.

Does that mean she is not interested or just unaware about what sparkling banter and fabulous sex we could have?"

I've found that I receive more unsavoury replies if I read and delete messages, rather than unread and delete

Reply privately

By *acDreamyMan
over a year ago

Wirral

Does that mean she is not interested or just unaware about what sparkling banter and fabulous sex we could have?

Take it as a compliment. Maybe she thinks you are too hot and out of her league and you wouldn't actually meet her. "

The frequency at which this happens makes me doubt that!

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"When I was open to the idea of meeting guys from here I hardly ever found anyone I was attracted to when I searched myself within however many miles but I’d get messages from guys I was attracted to that were in a different areas to those I was searching. Still within decent travelling distances but they were men I wouldn’t have found myself on a search, so I can understand why women don’t want to block all men because it could stop a diamond getting through that perhaps they wouldn’t find on their own search. "

Literally. I end up limiting the search to 10 miles otherwise I only get people who are currently online if I put in how far I was willing to travel. I still block single men because I can't be arsed with the inbox admin but there's just too many of them on here with virtually blank profiles to make the search option any use. It might help if there was more filters like a minimum word count on a profile or something.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why don't men stop being dicks with their messages? That would also solve the problem...

Yes, but if you do block messages, you are acting for yourself and taking charge of the situation, solving the issues without relying on the behaviour of men... I think he makes a valid point, rather than expecting anything from anyone (even if it is just human decency and respect), you just make your own choices and create the environment you want to be in.

Not that I am disagreeing with you...I wish men wouldn't message women at all "

Wouldn't it be interesting If men didn't message and women had to do the ground work, be interesting to see women's opening messages to guys. Especially after the first 100 haha

Reply privately

By *acDreamyMan
over a year ago

Wirral

I've found that I receive more unsavoury replies if I read and delete messages, rather than unread and delete"

Sorry to hear that. I think I find it easier to think someone read my message and considered that we were not a match rather than a mass delete losing the needle in the haystack.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If people think I’m having a moan, then that’s their perception.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk

You weren’t having a moan, you were having an opinion and asking what others thoughts were - that’s what the forum is here for, open discussions.

I for one won’t prevent single guys from messaging me as a single female I’d like to find some for fun and frolics, granted in that process it does leave my inbox open to receive messages which I may not like the content of but in some cases it’s lead me to meet some very interesting people or make friends here - swings and roundabouts!

Xx"

Well said totally agree

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some my best friends have come from clumbsy attempts at flirting on here, setting filters would ruined that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wouldn't it be interesting If men didn't message and women had to do the ground work, be interesting to see women's opening messages to guys. Especially after the first 100 haha "

Absolutely, let's see the quality of messages after every ignore or delete....It must be disheartening

It's easy to complain but the complaints are from one perspective, nobody ever asks why the message content is poor

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't respond to one line messages, or ones where the guys clearly haven't bothered to read my profile. I.e. copy and paste messages that they have sent to couples saying things like Hello "both" of you! I am a single females profile!

Reply privately

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wouldn't it be interesting If men didn't message and women had to do the ground work, be interesting to see women's opening messages to guys. Especially after the first 100 haha

Absolutely, let's see the quality of messages after every ignore or delete....It must be disheartening

It's easy to complain but the complaints are from one perspective, nobody ever asks why the message content is poor "

I'd send a few decent messages after reading their profile. No replies.

Then I'd send shorter copy and paste messages. No replies.

Then I'd just send "hi" to every profile within 200 miles to see if I was actually alive or maybe they weren't getting my messages. No replies.

Then the shit would hit the fan

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's easy to complain but the complaints are from one perspective, nobody ever asks why the message content is poor

Then I'd just send "hi" to every profile within 200 miles to see if I was actually alive or maybe they weren't getting my messages. No replies.

Then the shit would hit the fan "

Haha

Reply privately

over a year ago

Then the shit would hit the fan "

Would you send a dick pic though?

Reply privately

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

It's easy to complain but the complaints are from one perspective, nobody ever asks why the message content is poor "

Isn’t that what this thread is asking? It’s asking why we don’t reply and people are commenting on common reasons why they don’t - you may see it as complaining but I see it as an open discussion. The thread is asking woman why they don’t reply - so naturally woman respond it’s not one perspective intentionally it’s a question directed at woman x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Then the shit would hit the fan

Would you send a dick pic though? "

Wimmin loves da dick. Course I would bbe

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why do people assume that women are complaining about how many messages they get whenever there is a post like this?

I hardly get any messages, because I'm not what a lot of men are looking for, my (single) profile is 6 miles long and I think it scares people off, but I'm still crap at replying to them. And the thread was asking why that is.

No complaint. Just a thing

Posh "

Exactly

Reply privately

over a year ago

Isn’t that what this thread is asking? It’s asking why we don’t reply and people are commenting on common reasons why they don’t - you may see it as complaining but I see it as an open discussion. The thread is asking woman why they don’t reply - so naturally woman respond it’s not one perspective intentionally it’s a question directed at woman x"

Potato, potata.

And also posted on an open platform where people with lots of different opinions can post.

Reply privately

By *etterdays2021Man
over a year ago

PETERBOROUGH

Shallow and shallow and shallow

Reply privately

over a year ago

Isn’t that what this thread is asking? It’s asking why we don’t reply and people are commenting on common reasons why they don’t - you may see it as complaining but I see it as an open discussion. The thread is asking woman why they don’t reply - so naturally woman respond it’s not one perspective intentionally it’s a question directed at woman x"

Yes, that’s what I was hoping for, a discussion and learning experience

Reply privately

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

Isn’t that what this thread is asking? It’s asking why we don’t reply and people are commenting on common reasons why they don’t - you may see it as complaining but I see it as an open discussion. The thread is asking woman why they don’t reply - so naturally woman respond it’s not one perspective intentionally it’s a question directed at woman x

Potato, potata.

And also posted on an open platform where people with lots of different opinions can post. "

Precisely - yet there opinions are being seen as complaints, go figure!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Potato, potata.

And also posted on an open platform where people with lots of different opinions can post.

Precisely - yet there opinions are being seen as complaints, go figure! "

Yes but I am allowed to express my opinion as you are expressing yours. So I don't think it is I who needs to 'go figure'

I think there are bigger things here going on than a difference of opinion so I shall leave you all to your group chat dissection....make of that as you will

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Potato, potata.

Precisely - yet there opinions are being seen as complaints, go figure!

Yes but I am allowed to express my opinion as you are expressing yours. So I don't think it is I who needs to 'go figure'

I think there are bigger things here going on than a difference of opinion so I shall leave you all to your group chat dissection....make of that as you will "

Sometimes I swear there's a hidden fab language I don't understand because this conversation is so confusing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wouldn't it be interesting If men didn't message and women had to do the ground work, be interesting to see women's opening messages to guys. Especially after the first 100 haha "

I spent time on the Bumble dating app that is exactly this, you match via mutual swop, but then only the woman can message first. And let me tell you, a shit first message is a universal thing. “Hi!”

Reply privately

By *uitednbooted2Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

Someone today on a another thread made a great point. To all the women that find the rubbish, crass unsolicited messages from men so annoying and irritating, then surely just amend your filters to block men from messaging you. Then you can approach the guys you really like the look of. After all most men getting a direct message from a genuine verified woman are going to reply at the very least. Problem solved! Then we can stop these daily whinging man slating threads that tar us all with the same brush .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Someone today on a another thread made a great point. To all the women that find the rubbish, crass unsolicited messages from men so annoying and irritating, then surely just amend your filters to block men from messaging you. Then you can approach the guys you really like the look of. After all most men getting a direct message from a genuine verified woman are going to reply at the very least. Problem solved! Then we can stop these daily whinging man slating threads that tar us all with the same brush . "

Reply privately

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"Someone today on a another thread made a great point. To all the women that find the rubbish, crass unsolicited messages from men so annoying and irritating, then surely just amend your filters to block men from messaging you. Then you can approach the guys you really like the look of. After all most men getting a direct message from a genuine verified woman are going to reply at the very least. Problem solved! Then we can stop these daily whinging man slating threads that tar us all with the same brush . "

But it isn't a whinging or man slating thread and isn't tarring anyone with a brush?

Just asking why women don't reply.

I'm honestly baffled as to how that's man slating?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I for one would not like to be reduced to a shelf item waiting to be picked up. I like being able to message who I wish. If they don’t read it, or look at my profile and judge my book by it’s cover, read then quickly unread, delete I give precisely zero shits, we all have the agency and the right to attempt to make connections.

Reply privately

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I enjoy interaction from men through the forums though, so if I blocked all single men that wouldn't happen. I don't see why I should spoil my own fun.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Pretty sure I suggested the same thing and only 1 women even attempted to answer why they don’t do it

Reply privately

By *uitednbooted2Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

"Someone today on a another thread made a great point. To all the women that find the rubbish, crass unsolicited messages from men so annoying and irritating, then surely just amend your filters to block men from messaging you. Then you can approach the guys you really like the look of. After all most men getting a direct message from a genuine verified woman are going to reply at the very least. Problem solved! Then we can stop these daily whinging man slating threads that tar us all with the same brush .

But it isn't a whinging or man slating thread and isn't tarring anyone with a brush?

I'm honestly baffled as to how that's man slating? "

The OPs original post doesn’t slate men but you just know that’s what’s going to follow in the thread. Which it has. Forum is full of ‘questions’ like this which = the door is open ladies, slag away !

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I do block all single men. There's too many of them though mostly with virtually blank profiles to make the search function at all useable. 10 pages of nearly blank profiles of people who have been online in the past 10 minutes isn't much use to me. So I just don't really use this site for meeting anymore. Also men don't always reply just because you're verified.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Someone today on a another thread made a great point. To all the women that find the rubbish, crass unsolicited messages from men so annoying and irritating, then surely just amend your filters to block men from messaging you. Then you can approach the guys you really like the look of. After all most men getting a direct message from a genuine verified woman are going to reply at the very least. Problem solved! Then we can stop these daily whinging man slating threads that tar us all with the same brush .

The OPs original post doesn’t slate men but you just know that’s what’s going to follow in the thread. Which it has. Forum is full of ‘questions’ like this which = the door is open ladies, slag away ! "

Tonne fair I don’t think there’s been men slating

Just slating of poor message etiquette

Which they deserve

Take a look through a single woman’s profile for 5 minutes and you’ll understand

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

The OPs original post doesn’t slate men but you just know that’s what’s going to follow in the thread. Which it has. Forum is full of ‘questions’ like this which = the door is open ladies, slag away !

Which they deserve

Take a look through a single woman’s profile for 5 minutes and you’ll understand "

Single woman’s inbox ***

Reply privately

over a year ago

The OPs original post doesn’t slate men but you just know that’s what’s going to follow in the thread. Which it has. Forum is full of ‘questions’ like this which = the door is open ladies, slag away ! "

#Not all ladies

Reply privately

By *uitednbooted2Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

Which they deserve

Take a look through a single woman’s profile for 5 minutes and you’ll understand

Single woman’s inbox ***"

Oh I do understand that ! But is it going to stop by whining about it ? Power is in a woman’s hands as I have suggested

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Not that I am disagreeing with you...I wish men wouldn't message women at all "

Reply privately

over a year ago

This could be summed up with just one universal answer.

Why do women not reply to messages?

Because they’re not attracted to the sender.

Reply privately

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

I'm going to be honest and say I've not read the whole thread... but perhaps a part of that is perception. Sometimes what appears to be moaning or slagging off isn't actually that, it is just an answer to a question.

I don't know, as I'm not inside the heads to the people replying to the thread, but I would hope that would be the case.

I guess perception is one of the reasons I get baffled as well

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Dick pics flooding their profile

Dick pic avatar

Dick pic first message

Silhouette head

Status update red flags

Graphic first message

“Hi”

“How are you?”

Too young/too old.

Too local.

To name but a few reasons I don’t reply……

Wow. Love your two piece. You’re lush. "

Aww thank you, it’s from pretty little thing

Reply privately

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

"This could be summed up with just one universal answer.

Because they’re not attracted to the sender. "

That's not necessarily the case though. It is more complicated than that.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Because they’re not attracted to the sender. "

/thread

If Brad Pitt DMs you “hi” your gonna reply

If a 5’1 ugly guy sends you the perfect opening message your gonna delete it

Can a good looking guy ruin it with a shitty message? Yeah

Can an average looking guy win you over with his chat? Yeah

But it’s goes looks 1st, chat 2nd

Reply privately

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

Pretty sure I suggested the same thing and only 1 women even attempted to answer why they don’t do it "

I've answered with my reason.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's not necessarily the case though. It is more complicated than that."

It doesn’t have to be though. I did an experiment on my old profile where I messaged 10 super hot guys simply saying “Allright cunt?” 10 out of 10 replied positively.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Pretty sure I suggested the same thing and only 1 women even attempted to answer why they don’t do it

I've answered with my reason."

Me too

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I've answered with my reason."

Me too but if it doesn't fit the agenda it doesn't exist apparently .

Reply privately

By *Booboo-Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I can absolutely see it from both sides and neither is getting any better.

Women write a detailed description of what's acceptable in their profile and what they will not reply to and what's an instant delete. A small proportion of men respect this and don't send a message. The twats send one anyway.

A good guy reads all of the guidelines, is respectful and writes an individual detailed message that's had thought put in. The woman has 150 messages that day and is generally fatigued with the sheer volume so thinks stuff this and doesn't bother reading any.

Its a catch 22 situation and only occasionally some messages get through that everyone likes.

I called a guy out on the forum the other day because his response to not being in the criteria was "just send a message anyway, what have you got to lose". This kind of behaviour just adds to the problem.

I regularly rant about the dating apps only charging guys to message or respond but I'm starting to see why and it cuts down the crap messages just on the off chance.

Reply privately

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

/thread

But it’s goes looks 1st, chat 2nd "

Sweeping generalisation!

There are some guys who I'm wildly attracted to who have messaged me, and I've not replied. For the reasons I outlined above among others.

So it isn't always.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

/thread

Sweeping generalisation!

There are some guys who I'm wildly attracted to who have messaged me, and I've not replied. For the reasons I outlined above among others.

So it isn't always."

Don’t take a generalisation personally then

That’s why it’s generalisation

Well done if it doesn’t apply to you, but I believe it applies to a large majority

Reply privately

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

It doesn’t have to be though. I did an experiment on my old profile where I messaged 10 super hot guys simply saying “Allright cunt?” 10 out of 10 replied positively. "

Of course it is more complicated than that.

Your "experiement" is completely irrelevant. Because we aren't talking about why men do or don't reply to women.

Reply privately

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

/thread

Sweeping generalisation!

So it isn't always.

Don’t take a generalisation personally then

That’s why it’s generalisation

Well done if it doesn’t apply to you, but I believe it applies to a large majority "

I'm not taking it personally. And certainly no more than the people on the thread who see the thread as slating men are taking the comments that are pissing them off.

It's perception again.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It doesn’t have to be though. I did an experiment on my old profile where I messaged 10 super hot guys simply saying “Allright cunt?” 10 out of 10 replied positively.

Your "experiement" is completely irrelevant. Because we aren't talking about why men do or don't reply to women."

But if a guy I found attractive messaged me saying “Allright cunt” I’d laugh and engage. Someone I wasn’t attracted to sending me the same message I’d be like who you calling cunt!?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Again, that’s your perception. That was not my intention.

I’ve done this post before, and a lot of men read with interest and said they would take some of it onboard.

Your choice to take it as you have.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I’ve done this post before, and a lot of men read with interest and said they would take some of it onboard.

Your choice to take it as you have."

I love the idea of a thread saying “don’t call us bad names or tell us your gonna brutally fuck all our holes”

And a bunch of guys with note pads going “oh nice! I didnt think of that! Good advice”

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Because I don't want to.

Reply privately

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

Your "experiement" is completely irrelevant. Because we aren't talking about why men do or don't reply to women."

Precisely my earlier sentiment about this thread being one sided or being seen from one perspective - the question is directed at woman! It’s asking why we don’t respond, we explain why then we’re told just block all men like that’s the answer, surely it should be how we approach either sex and a case of common decency and respect to either. The reason I don’t block all men is because I believe there to be decent men out there ergo not tarring all with the same brush, we are merely giving examples based on the thread topic.

As for a comment above about bigger things going on here that’s what someone has chosen to take from my opinion, everything is perceptive and open to interpretation it’s not slating or complaining it’s responses based on messages we have actually received…fact!

Reply privately

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

Your "experiement" is completely irrelevant. Because we aren't talking about why men do or don't reply to women.

But if a guy I found attractive messaged me saying “Allright cunt” I’d laugh and engage. Someone I wasn’t attracted to sending me the same message I’d be like who you calling cunt!? "

But that's you personally. If someone messages me "Hi" I might answer if I'm in the mood to answer. Regardless of whether I'm attracted to them or not.

The point is that you've made a generalisation about women and why they don't or do reply, as opposed to saying it is why you do or dont reply, and implied that it is fact. When it isn't, because it is more complicated than that.

Reply privately

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I've answered with my reason.

Me too but if it doesn't fit the agenda it doesn't exist apparently . "

Too true

Reply privately

over a year ago

Honestly... If it's a complimentary message I instantly think it's a copy and paste, I can't take compliments, most are out of my league, I get intimidated, I worry about my replies and if I'm being boring.

My reasons are more than likely a me problem and has nothing to do with them.

I get less dirty talk messages now that I show my face to when I don't. (Not saying everyone should, just my experience).

Reply privately

over a year ago

I love the idea of a thread saying “don’t call us bad names or tell us your gonna brutally fuck all our holes”

And a bunch of guys with note pads going “oh nice! I didnt think of that! Good advice”"

I don’t know if you’re being serious, or mocking me, but small changes start bigger ones.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

And a bunch of guys with note pads going “oh nice! I didnt think of that! Good advice”

I don’t know if you’re being serious, or mocking me, but small changes start bigger ones. "

I’m mocking the idea that there are groups of men on here that don’t know stuff like that isn’t acceptable and don’t get you replies

Because it truly blows my mind that guys like that exist.

I know they do. I’ve seen them. But it still blows me mind to think guys send those kinda messages then wonder why they don’t get replies

It’s like the scene in the Simpsons where Marge and Homer have to go to parent school, and Homer is taking notes like “put trash in trash can, that’s good! I didn’t think of that” and Marge is just cringing

If anyone even remembers the old episodes

Reply privately

over a year ago

You could...not read the thread.

And also don't tell women how to run their accounts?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Also, the OP doesn't specify why women don't reply to men's messages but messages in general.

I've simply ignored messages from couples or women who either put no effort into the content, were crass or simply didn't look like my type. I've been called all sorts for doing so but frankly, don't care. I've had messages ignored and I've lived.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You could...not read the thread.

And also don't tell women how to run their accounts? "

Don’t be silly . We can’t possibly do that ourselves, we need the men to help us

Reply privately

over a year ago

There are a lot of lazy men on here. I had a person message me who only communicated by sending a one word message. those words were 2 or 3 letters which I could not understand at all. even when i asked them to use actual words they still replied in some kind of code!

otherwise its a short sentence or my favourite creepy one of "I am close by..."

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I try to reply to all first messages. I am recovering from Covid so I have a few extras to deal with.

I don't allow hundreds of messages in my inbox-by using my filters-so they don't become too much of a chore to get through.

I'm looking for a man to have sex with, not rummaging through a boot sale box.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And a bunch of guys with note pads going “oh nice! I didnt think of that! Good advice”"

But it's true! I've replied back to a few guys and told them WHY their messages are off putting. And they've genuinely not known. They hadn't thought about how it came across. Strange but true.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Good reasons everyone

Reply privately