Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What has made you.....

Jump to newest

By *inky_couple2020 OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

.....feel chuffed/proud today?

I just trawled through the end of semester student survey (very tedious) and read some ridiculous comments. Just as I resigned myself to analysing nonsense, I leafed through the free text answers to "what is the best thing about your course?"

One of the answers? Mrs KC's* Biology lessons.

Makes all the stress and extra hours worth it

What about you, what's pleased you about your day today?

*Obviously, they'd used my real name

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've got through the day and not attempted to throttle anyone hormones lol

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Well done you

I heaved out a good set of one arm pull ups earlier. I felt rather awesome in fact

By *assing Fancies xCouple
over a year ago

Sherwood Forest

Ordered myself my holiday clothes the countdown is on mrs x

By *mallButMightyMan
over a year ago

mansfield

I've got the ball rolling for an elderly client of mine to have access/adaption work completed to enable level access showering facilities, potentially regaining some independence back, I'm pretty proud of that.

over a year ago

I fell over in the school grounds and didn't cry. Oh how fun it is to be an adult. Now, if parents could stop blocking the path so I didn't have to go cross country that would be fabulous. (my hips are bad enough as it is, I didn't need that ontop of my 3 month long cold and flu)

I've also got a few small jobs out the way this evening. They don't take long, they're just tedious; Wrap presents, get letters ready to post, pack for the weekend and treat myself to a DIY facial.

over a year ago

my baby girl she's one managed to do then heads, shoulders action to the nursery ryme with just me singing not doing actions myself

over a year ago

North West

Oh! And our daughter came home from school with a Headteachers award for good counting in Maths. It's been a pride-inducing evening.

(Bad Mrs KC for forgetting that in the OP )

over a year ago

Out with the carpet cleaner to day bed room and hall done just living room do that tomorrow as I been confident to the living room as the hall and bed room dry

So be confined to the bed room tomorrow

By *eviant KnightMan
over a year ago

Norton

I made good progress with my latest build project. It's starting to take shape and brought me joy from what I have created

By *adHatter_RestrainedAliceCouple
over a year ago

In The Hills

[Removed by poster at 06/01/22 22:17:43]

over a year ago

North West

Some excellent "wins" from today, fabulous Fabbers. Keep 'em coming

over a year ago

In The Hills

Our grandson turning 11 today. Oh and I did meal prep for tomorrow

Alice x

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

Getting through the day with minimal meltdowns from my son.

By *sm265Woman
over a year ago

Shangri-la

I got dressed in actual clothes (as opposed to pyjamas!) and went out into the world and had face to face conversations and interactions with real adult humans!

over a year ago

4yo came home from school today with a drawing for dad, he's been practising really hard lately and wrote "DAD" on the top of the paper for him

3yo insisted that she would not wee in her knickers, less than 5 minutes later I heard her say.. "Oopsy, I wee'd in my knickers, silly *name*". No complaining and she cleaned herself up on her own (she is a very very independent person)

over a year ago

In The Hills

"Getting through the day with minimal meltdowns from my son. "

From personal experience with my youngest, this is a massive win

Alice x

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

"Getting through the day with minimal meltdowns from my son.

Alice x"

They’re so frequent lately

I’m back at the start of a new referral to get him assessed as he’s showing autism traits in school now too. I’m beyond drained x

By *ocothumpaMan
over a year ago

quite close to you

Cleared my elderly mother’s email inbox (well over 7k spam emails) taught her how to use and connect Spotify to her car and bought her 42inch TV as she’d been watching TV on an old 16inch TV as the “friend” had dropped her old one when she moved…but hid my old school photo no one seeing that again!

over a year ago

North West

"4yo came home from school today with a drawing for dad, he's been practising really hard lately and wrote "DAD" on the top of the paper for him

3yo insisted that she would not wee in her knickers, less than 5 minutes later I heard her say.. "Oopsy, I wee'd in my knickers, silly *name*". No complaining and she cleaned herself up on her own (she is a very very independent person) "

You've had a lot of wins today (win)

PS: I know how the "get out of the way" thing feels at the school gates. I'm allowed to park in the school blue badge bays (cos I use a wheelchair and have a blue badge) but they're often taken by non blue badge holders

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Alright heather smalls.

Struggling here.

I'll go with didn't die.

By *appytrailmanMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I've only said oh what a day twice..

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Alice x

I’m back at the start of a new referral to get him assessed as he’s showing autism traits in school now too. I’m beyond drained x "

How old is he?

over a year ago

Alice x

I’m back at the start of a new referral to get him assessed as he’s showing autism traits in school now too. I’m beyond drained x "

Oh it is so exhausting. Everything is a battle. Hope the new referral gets you somewhere.

over a year ago

North West

"I've only said oh what a day twice.."

Oh, I threatened to hand in my resignation at least twice today! But the little WIN at the end makes me go all mushy and forget the sh1te

over a year ago

"Alright heather smalls.

Struggling here.

I'll go with didn't die. "

Waking up and realising I haven’t died is often cause for disappointment not pride

over a year ago

In The Hills

Alice x

Don't give up, not going to lie it is a long haul, mine was diagnosed very late and I ended up doing Multi Systematic Therapy to help him. Took about 18 months from him being at his worst to see any light at the end of the tunnel. He is now 21 and still has problems but on a whole he is winning.

Alice x

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"Alright heather smalls.

Struggling here.

I'll go with didn't die.

Waking up and realising I haven’t died is often cause for disappointment not pride "

That's very sad to hear. Stay strong. Always an ear if you need it.

over a year ago

North West

"Alright heather smalls.

Struggling here.

I'll go with didn't die.

Waking up and realising I haven’t died is often cause for disappointment not pride

That's very sad to hear. Stay strong. Always an ear if you need it. "

^^^What he said.

With proud moments of achievement, can come massive downers on the same day. Issues for our adult son with his mental health come in that category today too.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

Alice x

I’m back at the start of a new referral to get him assessed as he’s showing autism traits in school now too. I’m beyond drained x

How old is he?"

He’s 10

By *all Guy 00Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

Evening folks

Not broke down today

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

Alice x

Don't give up, not going to lie it is a long haul, mine was diagnosed very late and I ended up doing Multi Systematic Therapy to help him. Took about 18 months from him being at his worst to see any light at the end of the tunnel. He is now 21 and still has problems but on a whole he is winning.

Alice x"

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

Alice x

Oh it is so exhausting. Everything is a battle. Hope the new referral gets you somewhere. "

Thank you. I just fear with everything as it is at the moment in the nhs it’ll take even longer

over a year ago

"Alright heather smalls.

Struggling here.

I'll go with didn't die.

Waking up and realising I haven’t died is often cause for disappointment not pride "

Sad to hear you're feeling that way. Hope you can access some help as that's not a good way to feel (from experience).

over a year ago

Wee yin told me she's glad I'm her Mum. Lump in throat!

over a year ago

Alice x

Oh it is so exhausting. Everything is a battle. Hope the new referral gets you somewhere.

Thank you. I just fear with everything as it is at the moment in the nhs it’ll take even longer "

It is a long process unfortunately. I've had three kids diagnosed. What I wish I'd done was not wait for someone to confirm what I knew already and find other parents and support groups to get help for them (and me). Is there something near to you?

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr southend

I have actually been quite sociable today and have been posting on here and have quite enjoyed myself

over a year ago

North West

It's great to hear the good things we've experienced today and sorry to hear some of the challenges others have experienced

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Alice x

Thank you. I just fear with everything as it is at the moment in the nhs it’ll take even longer

It is a long process unfortunately. I've had three kids diagnosed. What I wish I'd done was not wait for someone to confirm what I knew already and find other parents and support groups to get help for them (and me). Is there something near to you? "

That's what I was going to say, don't wait for the confirmation but try to add in strategies and routines that might help now.

It's tough though because you don't want to be that parent that pushes a label onto a child without the diagnosis in case they aren't on the spectrum but you probably know yourself and if that is the case and you come across a strategy that helps then what's the harm in that.

over a year ago

Chuffed that I’ve managed to do a big hard disk archiving, backup, cleanse for the coming year. My desktop was a shambles and it was giving me anxiety.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

Alice x

It is a long process unfortunately. I've had three kids diagnosed. What I wish I'd done was not wait for someone to confirm what I knew already and find other parents and support groups to get help for them (and me). Is there something near to you?

That's what I was going to say, don't wait for the confirmation but try to add in strategies and routines that might help now.

It's tough though because you don't want to be that parent that pushes a label onto a child without the diagnosis in case they aren't on the spectrum but you probably know yourself and if that is the case and you come across a strategy that helps then what's the harm in that. "

Thank you both. I’m looking into everything I possibly can. I just want him to have the best start and support at secondary school this September

By *usie4uTV/TS
over a year ago

Havant

I'm dreading going for a bone scan tomorrow x

By *h_yes_please!Man
over a year ago

North Devon

".....feel chuffed/proud today?

I just trawled through the end of semester student survey (very tedious) and read some ridiculous comments. Just as I resigned myself to analysing nonsense, I leafed through the free text answers to "what is the best thing about your course?"

*Obviously, they'd used my real name "

For all the shit you you must get every day, how lovely! Sharing knowledge with people who want to learn is always a joy.

over a year ago

North West

".....feel chuffed/proud today?

*Obviously, they'd used my real name

For all the shit you you must get every day, how lovely! Sharing knowledge with people who want to learn is always a joy."

My little lot are not naughty, only eye rolling, frustrating and often needy. They're a decent bunch overall. My Biology group are especially wonderful but that comment did make me go My name was the only specific one mentioned in the free text feedback under "best things" (obviously I'll pay the student later )

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

I fought a 7ft beast and won the duct tape helped though

over a year ago

"I fought a 7ft beast and won the duct tape helped though "

I helped tape that beast up