Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Four lives

Jump to newest

By *jorkish OP   Man
over a year ago

Seaforth

Anyone one watch this show. Appalling homophobia or just downright inefficiency by the initial police team. 3 lives could have been saved if the police had done their job correctly.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

I watched it. I’ve seen stuff about it before but didn’t realise how bad the Met police were. The Met Police lied about evidence and didn’t seem to give a fuck about the victims or their families. None of them disciplined and 5 of them promoted since it happened?! Shocking and disgusting.

By *appytrailmanMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Just got last night's episode to go...awful how the police dealt with it all the fact they kept getting Anthony's name wrong is one of the worst parts for me.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The police most the time are useless at working things out, had a family member murdered and took them 20 years to make an arrest even though had questioned them at start but let them go as they didn't have a driving licence so couldn't have dumped the body 150 miles away!

By *jorkish OP   Man
over a year ago

Seaforth

"Just got last night's episode to go...awful how the police dealt with it all the fact they kept getting Anthony's name wrong is one of the worst parts for me. "

Getting the pronunciation of his name wrong could be forgiven the once, but the error was done over and over. Made me feel so angry

By *appytrailmanMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Just got last night's episode to go...awful how the police dealt with it all the fact they kept getting Anthony's name wrong is one of the worst parts for me.

Getting the pronunciation of his name wrong could be forgiven the once, but the error was done over and over. Made me feel so angry"

Exactly it's the very smallest thing they could have done!

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

"Just got last night's episode to go...awful how the police dealt with it all the fact they kept getting Anthony's name wrong is one of the worst parts for me.

Getting the pronunciation of his name wrong could be forgiven the once, but the error was done over and over. Made me feel so angry

Exactly it's the very smallest thing they could have done! "

That FLO was inept, uncaring and shouldn’t have been in that job at all. He didn’t even go to see Anthony’s family because it meant travelling to Hull. Wonder if the actual FLO watched the program?

By *jorkish OP   Man
over a year ago

Seaforth

Exactly it's the very smallest thing they could have done! "

By *jorkish OP   Man
over a year ago

Seaforth

That FLO was inept, uncaring and shouldn’t have been in that job at all. He didn’t even go to see Anthony’s family because it meant travelling to Hull. Wonder if the actual FLO watched the program? "

If he did I hope he felt thoroughly ashamed of himself. Hope his family are ashamed of him too

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

That FLO was inept, uncaring and shouldn’t have been in that job at all. He didn’t even go to see Anthony’s family because it meant travelling to Hull. Wonder if the actual FLO watched the program?

If he did I hope he felt thoroughly ashamed of himself. Hope his family are ashamed of him too"

Quite ironic that the actor who played him is actually from Hull.

By *jorkish OP   Man
over a year ago

Seaforth

If he did I hope he felt thoroughly ashamed of himself. Hope his family are ashamed of him too

Quite ironic that the actor who played him is actually from Hull.

"

Might be why he was chosen

By *appytrailmanMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Just watched the end truly horrific what those 4 men went through I'm still unsure as I was at the time of the story coming out as to how no connection of the first 3 could be made at all, I hope the woman who found the first 2 bodies is doing well as that must have been horrific for her also!

By *appytrailmanMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Just watched the end truly horrific what those 4 men went through I'm still unsure as I was at the time of the story coming out as to how no connection of the first 3 could be made at all, I hope the woman who found the first 2 bodies is doing well as that must have been horrific for her also! "

Sorry 2nd and 3rd bodies.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I admire the writer for focusing on the victims, families and friends for the majority of the story. Echo previous comments, about getting a victims name wrong that was just so frustrating to watch.

However I did admire the FLO who was professional and obviously cared about the family and victims at the end of the trial.

To answer your initial question I didn’t see any blatant homophobia, apart from expecting a gay man to obviously know about GHB. I just thought the Police Officers were ignorant and inept at their jobs.

I certainly found my eyes were wet at the end, as certainly a better investigation would’ve saved at least two of his victims if not three.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I admire the writer for focusing on the victims, families and friends for the majority of the story. Echo previous comments, about getting a victims name wrong that was just so frustrating to watch.

However I did admire the FLO who was professional and obviously cared about the family and victims at the end of the trial.

To answer your initial question I didn’t see any blatant homophobia, apart from expecting a gay man to obviously know about GHB. I just thought the Police Officers were ignorant and inept at their jobs.

I certainly found my eyes were wet at the end, as certainly a better investigation would’ve saved at least two of his victims if not three. "

Thought it was really well done. Less about the monster more about the guys and the damage he did. Think it’s a mixture of appalling police work, laziness and homophobia. A real sense that the police didn’t give a toss because the lives were ‘others’ and chalked up as not worth the resources. Great to see the BBC taking it to a wide audience and a great performance by Sheridan Smith

By *jorkish OP   Man
over a year ago

Seaforth

"I admire the writer for focusing on the victims, families and friends for the majority of the story. Echo previous comments, about getting a victims name wrong that was just so frustrating to watch.

I certainly found my eyes were wet at the end, as certainly a better investigation would’ve saved at least two of his victims if not three.

Thought it was really well done. Less about the monster more about the guys and the damage he did. Think it’s a mixture of appalling police work, laziness and homophobia. A real sense that the police didn’t give a toss because the lives were ‘others’ and chalked up as not worth the resources. Great to see the BBC taking it to a wide audience and a great performance by Sheridan Smith "

A very chilling performance by Stephen Marchent, the look at the end as he was being led down was awful

By *ollycouple71Couple
over a year ago

manchester

Some off that was filmed round where I live. X

By *appytrailmanMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Some off that was filmed round where I live. X"

I think the scene of Anthony's mum and Auntie shopping was filmed in Bury's millgate not 100% sure but looked very similar

By *ollycouple71Couple
over a year ago

manchester

"Some off that was filmed round where I live. X

I think the scene of Anthony's mum and Auntie shopping was filmed in Bury's millgate not 100% sure but looked very similar "

I thought that x

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Thought it was really well done. Less about the monster more about the guys and the damage he did. Think it’s a mixture of appalling police work, laziness and homophobia. A real sense that the police didn’t give a toss because the lives were ‘others’ and chalked up as not worth the resources. Great to see the BBC taking it to a wide audience and a great performance by Sheridan Smith

A very chilling performance by Stephen Marchent, the look at the end as he was being led down was awful"

Of all the performances it was Stephen’s that impressed me the most. That stare was absolutely chilling.

But the rest of the cast, we’re also stellar they should be proud as they certainly made me feel for the families and shared their frustrations.

By *appytrailmanMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Some off that was filmed round where I live. X

I think the scene of Anthony's mum and Auntie shopping was filmed in Bury's millgate not 100% sure but looked very similar I thought that x"

I remember now as well that I saw Sheridan Smith in Bury near the football ground a few months ago so that would make sense

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

Did anyone see the documentary that was on after it last night? I recorded it to watch tonight when I get chance.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

"Did anyone see the documentary that was on after it last night? I recorded it to watch tonight when I get chance. "

No, but glad you’ve told me there is one on. Will watch that later.

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

"Did anyone see the documentary that was on after it last night? I recorded it to watch tonight when I get chance.

No, but glad you’ve told me there is one on. Will watch that later. "

It’s called How Police Missed the Grindr Killer.

Post new Message to Thread