FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Does anyone practice manifestation or affirmations?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Or both? What are your most successful techniques and do you have any online coaches that you rate?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The thing about affirmations, is that they have to be attainable.

You can say as many as you like, but if you don’t really believe them on a more sub conscious level, they aren’t going to work.

I just read a book recently that said something along the lines of:

Saying affirmations is like standing in a pile of shit and spraying perfume all around and not looking down.

Rather than covering it up, look down, and clean up that shit, or compost it into a lovely garden.

That really resonated with me, because affirmations really didn’t.

Get to the root of what’s causing the issue/work out your triggers.

It’s NOT easy, and it’s a very long process, but it’s worth it.

Not to say that affirmations don’t work for some, I’m sure they do.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I find that if I really just say what I want, often enough, and as embarrassing as it might be, loudly, eventually I’ll get it.

Works especially well at the McDonald’s drive through

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I use affirmations tailored specifically to me when meditating, the same ones every day which help me to lower my argh moment, focus and move on.

Visualisation wise I am a spider and my Web is my life which I constantly repair with positive energy when life's negativity tear my web a little

I've never had the need to try manifestation, I understand the technique behind though and can see it could be tricky to achieve if you are not fully committed to it

over a year ago

"I find that if I really just say what I want, often enough, and as embarrassing as it might be, loudly, eventually I’ll get it.

Works especially well at the McDonald’s drive through "

I was puffing my vape in the seating area outside in work on my break and I was thinking about a McChicken sandwich and minutes later a bit I worked with pulled into the car park and was like I got you a chicken sandwich! I didn’t ask him to and didn’t even know he was going there on his break

over a year ago

A boy. Ffs.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I have studied structural dynamics it’s a different approach to creating what you desire.

I put affirmations are in the same category as spells and mantras and meditations , if you really want something you have to make it happen, writing or saying it alone won’t do it but it can help keep your attention on it.

But in my opinion the best route is to change the underlying structures so the path of least resistance allows the results come about more easily. Either way, you want something you have to really really want it abs make it happen, it’s on you abs you can’t fake motivation, desire, passion , you either want the perfect body or the cake , your actions don’t lie

over a year ago

What is a manifestation? Sounds bad like Poltergeist.

over a year ago

"The thing about affirmations, is that they have to be attainable.

You can say as many as you like, but if you don’t really believe them on a more sub conscious level, they aren’t going to work.

Saying affirmations is like standing in a pile of shit and spraying perfume all around and not looking down.

Rather than covering it up, look down, and clean up that shit, or compost it into a lovely garden.

Not to say that affirmations don’t work for some, I’m sure they do. "

I like the feet in shit analogy/ thought.

over a year ago

They say that we are the creators of our own reality and if you can get it right and really able to get in the wish fulfilled mindset you can literally make anything happen.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

So my actual thoughts are 2 sided

I think there’s people that think if you just wish hard enough for something, some magical voodoo stuff will happen and you’ll get it, no work required

I think those people are morons

I think the other side is that if you think about something enough, and direct your energy at it, you’ll make decisions you wouldn’t have made before. You’ll see things you would have ignored. You’ll actively move towards what you want and away from the rest.

Much like how when someone close to you buys a new car, suddenly you see that car everywhere. Not because they are magically everywhere, but because your brain is subconsciously looking for that.

I think that works.

Lots of people this time of year are dieting

Don’t buy chocolate don’t buy crisps don’t buy sweets

Their mind focused on these things makes it harder to resist.

Instead, direct your energy towards what you want. Suddenly you’ll see ingredients for a healthy recipe you want to try. You’ll see healthy snack ideas you never thought of. New foods you wanted to try and never got around to.

I don’t think you can think your way into the changing the world, but I think you can think your way into a mindset that lets you strive towards goals and things you want.

I believe that’s true because I’ve been manifesting an 8 inch cock and an extra 3 inches in height for like 12 years and nothing yet

over a year ago

"They say that we are the creators of our own reality and if you can get it right and really able to get in the wish fulfilled mindset you can literally make anything happen. "

And they are wrong. The problem is that confirmation bias kicks in. Your Mcchicken sandwich is the perfect example. How much of your life have you spent wishing you had this that or the other and it never happens? Then once in all this long list of wishes one gets answered and suddenly it is the universe smiling on you rather than just a coincidence? It is proof that you can wish reality into existence rather than a lad you work with trying to get in your knickers?

There's people all around the world dying for a lack of food, water, medical care, there's people in this country dying of cancer and apparently of them are wishing hard enough for anything to change but a passing thought that you fancy a Mcchicken sandwich somehow influences reality so that one appears?

Mr

By *tarflyLouWoman
over a year ago

Preston

I tried cosmic ordering once and it happened It may have been coincidence, but it was a very strange one all the same!

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

If you deserve it the universe will serve it.

I believe you make your own luck and have had a fair few things happen after thinking about them. Be they physical, financial or even food.

I had an aunt who I thought about weirdly out of the blue a lot suddenly come back into my life after about a week.

over a year ago

"They say that we are the creators of our own reality and if you can get it right and really able to get in the wish fulfilled mindset you can literally make anything happen.

And they are wrong. The problem is that confirmation bias kicks in. Your Mcchicken sandwich is the perfect example. How much of your life have you spent wishing you had this that or the other and it never happens? Then once in all this long list of wishes one gets answered and suddenly it is the universe smiling on you rather than just a coincidence? It is proof that you can wish reality into existence rather than a lad you work with trying to get in your knickers?

There's people all around the world dying for a lack of food, water, medical care, there's people in this country dying of cancer and apparently of them are wishing hard enough for anything to change but a passing thought that you fancy a Mcchicken sandwich somehow influences reality so that one appears?

Mr"

I wasn’t wishing for a chicken sandwich I was thinking about one. If you wish or want something you’re indicating that you don’t have. I was thinking about it, thinking that I was gonna get one (cos I was about to jump in the car myself and drive there) but I was thinking about it and thinking about already having it when he pulled up with one.

over a year ago

Im a top manifestor!!! Manifested myself a car yesterday. Manifested sex with a work colleague , manifested clients for my graphic design work. Constant thoughts and dream vibrations out into the world.

By *tarflyLouWoman
over a year ago

Preston

"Im a top manifestor!!! Manifested myself a car yesterday. Manifested sex with a work colleague , manifested clients for my graphic design work. Constant thoughts and dream vibrations out into the world. "

Please could you manifest my assignment for me?

over a year ago

"Im a top manifestor!!! Manifested myself a car yesterday. Manifested sex with a work colleague , manifested clients for my graphic design work. Constant thoughts and dream vibrations out into the world.

Please could you manifest my assignment for me? "

Ask spirit or source or your higher self to help you. Say out loud spirit please help me complete my assignment.

Imagine looking at it completed, handing it in, feeling what it would be like when it’s done. Try and believe it’s already done. Don’t spend too much time thinking, just send out some quick thoughts and it’s done. Exactly like ordering something off Amazon.

over a year ago

I manifested myself a migraine

over a year ago

I think positive affirmations play an important role and are an effective method to counteract negative and limiting beliefs so many of us have and which undermine our self belief and happiness.

Scientific research has been done to show that neural pathways are increased when positive affirmations are used. Ie parts of your brain are lit up and stimulated in similar ways as having great food or great sex or other pleasurable experiences.

As has been said by others on this thread..to be effective they have to be used daily and there is also a method on creating effective affirmations, e.g. need to be written in the present. I'm happy to expand on this if you wish via dm.

Overall, though I believe they will help build a positive self image for you. And will also help build your resilience too.

As for great online coaches....I've learned a lot from reading and listening to various people including Tony Robbins, Robin Sharma .. happy to discuss this further too.

Anyway, hope this helps! It's an area I have spent a lot of time studying and analysing!

over a year ago

"The thing about affirmations, is that they have to be attainable.

Not to say that affirmations don’t work for some, I’m sure they do.

I like the feet in shit analogy/ thought. "

Me too. Made a lot of sense to me

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"They say that we are the creators of our own reality and if you can get it right and really able to get in the wish fulfilled mindset you can literally make anything happen.

Mr"

Science / Probability actually says things like the chicken will happen, they happen all the time, every day. It would be very very strange if coincidences like that never happen.

If you count the number of coincidences that didn’t happen, vs the number that did, the number is exactly as you’d expect, you just don’t remember when it doesn’t happen

Post new Message to Thread