Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Work mental health issues

Jump to newest

By *ammerofgods OP   Man
over a year ago

Whitehaven

I know this is probably not what this is for but i need help. After battling with MH

Qnd getting myself right over the past few months i have relapsed into depression and i need help and advice..

I feel my main trigger seems to be work and feel deflated, worthless and unsure on what to do i come here to try and get away from them problems but its getting worse .

I want to move away from it however being in a management roll i get the freedom to cater mybhrs around myblife and commitment and i dont know if another job would be able to cater for my commitments

I know i sound pathetic and moaning but i just want some advice please x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

First off OP the lounge is for anything you wish to post.

Secondly well done for reaching out. It takes a lot to admit these things.

Thirdly come and talk to me. I do have some experience of this.

By *sk me anythingMan
over a year ago

leeds

I’ve been at the bottom of that deep dark hole Happy to jump back down in there with you and show you the way I found my way out.

Pm if you want to talk

By *rsPricklePantsWoman
over a year ago

Room 237 at The Overlook Hotel, Suffolk

Sorry to hear you're having problems with mental health acknowledging that there is a problem is always a good start, I find escapism helps, music and books work for me see if you can find something that works for you failing that try talking to someone whether they are friend family or health professional

By *ammerofgods OP   Man
over a year ago

Whitehaven

You know what i genuinely didnt expect anybody to reply to this and all 3 of you a awesome thank you so much x

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Depression is a dark, dank cloud that will one day give way to brighter days.

Being at work ill isn’t easy but then neither is being trapped at home. Explain to your management your difficulties. They should recommend time off or assistance.

At leat feel free to take time away from your desk to breathe and feel yourself.

If you really can’t hack it then it’s not the job for you. Happens to many. Nothing wrong with a career change.

over a year ago

"I know this is probably not what this is for but i need help. After battling with MH

Qnd getting myself right over the past few months i have relapsed into depression and i need help and advice..

I feel my main trigger seems to be work and feel deflated, worthless and unsure on what to do i come here to try and get away from them problems but its getting worse .

I want to move away from it however being in a management roll i get the freedom to cater mybhrs around myblife and commitment and i dont know if another job would be able to cater for my commitments

I know i sound pathetic and moaning but i just want some advice please x"

Never think yourself as pathetic for asking for help that's actually what makes us stronger.

While yes this site is primarily about sex it's also about building connections and if you've connected with people then who better to ask for help.

Doughnut

over a year ago

Is it your actual job or is it people at your work? Are you just down In the dumps generally and your thinkin its your job? I'd say alot of people hate goin to work doin the same grind day in and out. If it is then you need to do somethin about it. Only you can change your life and make the decisions. Nothin is impossible iv just changed my job. Good luck mate ??

By *ammerofgods OP   Man
over a year ago

Whitehaven

"Is it your actual job or is it people at your work? Are you just down In the dumps generally and your thinkin its your job? I'd say alot of people hate goin to work doin the same grind day in and out. If it is then you need to do somethin about it. Only you can change your life and make the decisions. Nothin is impossible iv just changed my job. Good luck mate ?? "

Both job. work with /for

I used to love what i do now i feel like i cant breathe every time I look / think about it its not healthy i know

By *ammerofgods OP   Man
over a year ago

Whitehaven

"Depression is a dark, dank cloud that will one day give way to brighter days.

Being at work ill isn’t easy but then neither is being trapped at home. Explain to your management your difficulties. They should recommend time off or assistance.

At leat feel free to take time away from your desk to breathe and feel yourself.

If you really can’t hack it then it’s not the job for you. Happens to many. Nothing wrong with a career change."

Unfortunately buddy ibdont get that luxury working in a kitchen.. im good at my job although ive suffered for it longer than ive enjoyed it..

Im just at the stage on wether im at the end with catering or just where im at

over a year ago

Doesn't sound pathetic OP, and great that you have identified triggers and notice your lapse, that can be good portion of the "battle" with MH issues.

Inbox is open if you fancy a chat about anything.

over a year ago

"Is it your actual job or is it people at your work? Are you just down In the dumps generally and your thinkin its your job? I'd say alot of people hate goin to work doin the same grind day in and out. If it is then you need to do somethin about it. Only you can change your life and make the decisions. Nothin is impossible iv just changed my job. Good luck mate ??

Both job. work with /for

I used to love what i do now i feel like i cant breathe every time I look / think about it its not healthy i know

"

What changed so you now hate it?

Hope you feel a bit better for talking about it.

over a year ago

I work in catering...so if you wanna chat message me

over a year ago

*hugs* I feel your pain OP, i'm sat here holding back tears because I know I need to leave the house again later to do a school run (how silly is that) depression and anxiety are super scary things aren't they. I used to suffer when I was working but since I quit my job i've been alot worse, i've got alot of time on my hands to sit pondering things on my own and getting really worked up whilst the kids are at school and Mr P is out.

Do you think its your job or the anxiety about leaving your safe space to go to work? Have you been to the doctors?

I'm not a expert at getting over these things but a few things I find help are.......

Background noise, white noise, quiet relaxing classical music, storm sounds, running water. It sounds odd but I feel it help blocks out some of those intrusive thoughts and helps me switch off.

Self refer to minds matter online it will take forever and a day for them to get back to you but you might aswell sign up for it, they will ring you and have a lovely chat to see what is the best way to help.

Start a new hobby maybe? Are you creative in any way? If you are i've got a million ideas for things you could try, i'll set you tasks and you can report back with pics

Get rid of some clutter in your house, it will help you declutter your brain too and you will feel better for it.

I hope my ramblings help in some way and honestly well done for reaching out, the forum lot are amazing xxxxxxxxxxx *hugs*

Mrs P

over a year ago

I think you have done the first thing already just by putting it out there.

I've got some experience of similar stuff dude. Happy to talk about it with you, although it sounds as if you have some support already. Which is wicked!

By *ammerofgods OP   Man
over a year ago

Whitehaven

Would just like to thank everyone on here again.. honestly without you i dont know what inwould have done... just an upate for you all since i spoke to a few of you privately about all this and took onboard alot of your advice i have had 4 pretty good days if felt refreshed and raring to battle ive applied elsewhere to start somthing new (if i get it great if not ill try something else) and i seem to have been more focused on the job in hand long way to go but i know its aa start... your all absaloutly amazing top draw people every single one of you.(MRS P )

I read your post just before writing this and honestly wanted to pm you personally too i reckon your wise tricks and thing would help ...

Finally again to all who reaached out pmd me messeged on here thanks your all awesome and maybe when i get all this sorted and im back to my happy witty self ill meet a few of you and buy you a brew just to say thanks

Much love

(Hammerofgods)

over a year ago

"Would just like to thank everyone on here again.. honestly without you i dont know what inwould have done... just an upate for you all since i spoke to a few of you privately about all this and took onboard alot of your advice i have had 4 pretty good days if felt refreshed and raring to battle ive applied elsewhere to start somthing new (if i get it great if not ill try something else) and i seem to have been more focused on the job in hand long way to go but i know its aa start... your all absaloutly amazing top draw people every single one of you.(MRS P )

I read your post just before writing this and honestly wanted to pm you personally too i reckon your wise tricks and thing would help ...

Finally again to all who reaached out pmd me messeged on here thanks your all awesome and maybe when i get all this sorted and im back to my happy witty self ill meet a few of you and buy you a brew just to say thanks

Much love

(Hammerofgods)"

I’m so glad you’re in a better place and that you reached out for help. Good luck with the job search. No job is worth the stress. I was in a similar position a few years back and changed jobs, helped so much!!!

over a year ago

"I know this is probably not what this is for but i need help. After battling with MH

I know i sound pathetic and moaning but i just want some advice please x"

Firstly, you don't sound pathetic and you aren't moaning.

The best advice I can give you is to speak to a counsellor about this, you will probably have to pay for this yourself if you want to speak to someone soon but its definitely worth the money.

You can contact thep mental health charities as well.

I know things seem really bad at times but they will get better.

By *parrow77Man
over a year ago

cheshire

Hey

It’s good you identified it and spoke it’s hard thing to do.

Work can cause lots problems depending on what type work you do with the covid situation has put strain on more.

If need speak pm

But try to find things you do like and d when outwork or if able bring into work. I loved running so when use be accountant if purposely go running at lunch to keep my brain straight.

over a year ago

Do you have a Mental Health First Aider at work? Or an anonymous employee help line you can call? Most workplaces are getting really good at helping their employees mentally, might be worth talking to them about it.

Hope you feel better soon OP.

over a year ago

Hi mate

It's very common to feel depressed because of work for various reasons, whether it's the feeling of being trapped in a dead end job

Or the work environment is toxic or not something you feel comfortable in anymore..

The last 2-3 years of my job were unbearable, when not in work I couldn't relax I couldn't enjoy myself because I'd have the lingering thought... I'll be back in work soon..

I couldn't sleep because I dreaded gettin up the next morning to go in..

My issue was I knew it was a dead end job and if I didn't leave I'd blink and before I know it 10 more years would pass...

I know I'm capable of many things and wasting away.. so one day, I decided fuck it.. if I have to sell my house, car or struggle so be it..

Now a year later after leaving it's been fucking amazing, like a massive weight lifted

It got so bad for me I couldn't bear talking to my work mates anymore I was so pissed off to be in there...

You need to do something now, take control and get your life back

over a year ago

"Would just like to thank everyone on here again.. honestly without you i dont know what inwould have done... just an upate for you all since i spoke to a few of you privately about all this and took onboard alot of your advice i have had 4 pretty good days if felt refreshed and raring to battle ive applied elsewhere to start somthing new (if i get it great if not ill try something else) and i seem to have been more focused on the job in hand long way to go but i know its aa start... your all absaloutly amazing top draw people every single one of you.(MRS P )

Much love

(Hammerofgods)"

Great news.

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

Much love

(Hammerofgods)"

The kitchen can be a lonely place with a tough crowd. Ridiculous hours and we've just came out of a tough period.

Have you spoken to anyone at work about how you feel? It's a hard industry to work in but sometimes the grass isn't greener on the others side. I hope you find happiness and peace whatever you decide

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

Where ever you talk about MH is a good thing.

Far to many of us have had MH problems in the past or will have in the future but will be reluctant to talk about them.

The perception of many is that if you talk about it you are moaning when in reality that is the last thing you are doing.

The media and public think it is okay to use the phrase "man up" when you are finding things difficult. In fact you are showing emotion and exposing your vulnerabilities to the world which I'd say makes you more of a man.

In the past men, especially here on the west coast of Scotland didn't express their feelings and that only led to a lot of domestic violence and those guys are definitely men, just cowards.

Post new Message to Thread