Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I can't believe they ate that

Jump to newest

By *ickshawed OP   Couple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I went to the freezer a few days back to get out some homemade crumble mix to find the box was empty. Turns out my 6 year old had got hungry and decided frozen crumble mix was the snack of choice. Also when I went to make more I discovered she'd been eating the margarine as well

What examples have you got of people eating things that make you roll your eyes and shake your head? Or have you partaken in an odd diet at times?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I know someone who actually enjoys eating cold baked beans straight out of the can…..

(It isn’t me for the record)

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

It wasn't odd but I remember one time my mum spent the whole day looking forward to her leftover shepherd's pie in the fridge only to get home and find out my brother ate it for his lunch. She wasn't mad but I thought she was going to cry.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

When it comes to odd, I like raw mushrooms. I also like peanut butter, mayonnaise and pickled beetroot sandwiches.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"It wasn't odd but I remember one time my mum spent the whole day looking forward to her leftover shepherd's pie in the fridge only to get home and find out my brother ate it for his lunch. She wasn't mad but I thought she was going to cry. "

Oh your poor mum, I feel that

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"It wasn't odd but I remember one time my mum spent the whole day looking forward to her leftover shepherd's pie in the fridge only to get home and find out my brother ate it for his lunch. She wasn't mad but I thought she was going to cry. "

Ah ha! Just the lady: Shall we reveal our shared love of Peanut butter and salad cream sandwiches here or should we hide our shame?

over a year ago

We tried to raid the dessicated coconut as kids, until we realised it tasted nothing like bounty and is fairly hideous straight out the bag

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"It wasn't odd but I remember one time my mum spent the whole day looking forward to her leftover shepherd's pie in the fridge only to get home and find out my brother ate it for his lunch. She wasn't mad but I thought she was going to cry.

Ah ha! Just the lady: Shall we reveal our shared love of Peanut butter and salad cream sandwiches here or should we hide our shame? "

If we're going to hide can we take some sandwiches with us?

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"It wasn't odd but I remember one time my mum spent the whole day looking forward to her leftover shepherd's pie in the fridge only to get home and find out my brother ate it for his lunch. She wasn't mad but I thought she was going to cry.

Oh your poor mum, I feel that "

I was devastated on her behalf. My brother didn't know and felt bad too.

over a year ago

Mayo

over a year ago

I remember as a very young kid my mum catching my with a spoon in the bag of sugar just eating away

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Mayo "

I'd eat mayonnaise off a spoon it's so good. I love it smothered on steaming hot boiled new potatoes.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Ah ha! Just the lady: Shall we reveal our shared love of Peanut butter and salad cream sandwiches here or should we hide our shame?

If we're going to hide can we take some sandwiches with us? "

A judicious move! We might be persecuted for some time as a result of our unorthodox tastes

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I remember as a very young kid my mum catching my with a spoon in the bag of sugar just eating away "

Cute!

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

If we're going to hide can we take some sandwiches with us?

A judicious move! We might be persecuted for some time as a result of our unorthodox tastes "

Better pack plenty of peanut butter then

over a year ago

I once stole a load of trifle sponges and then

had a panicked thought “after I’ve eaten them what will I do with them!?”

over a year ago

"Mayo

I'd eat mayonnaise off a spoon it's so good. I love it smothered on steaming hot boiled new potatoes. "

Stoop!!! I'm going to throw up

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Mayo

I'd eat mayonnaise off a spoon it's so good. I love it smothered on steaming hot boiled new potatoes.

Stoop!!! I'm going to throw up "

You can get mayonnaise ice cream.

over a year ago

"I remember as a very young kid my mum catching my with a spoon in the bag of sugar just eating away

Cute!"

over a year ago

"When it comes to odd, I like raw mushrooms. I also like peanut butter, mayonnaise and pickled beetroot sandwiches. "

You need to try that peanut butter sandwich I sent you!

Do you like cashew butter?

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"When it comes to odd, I like raw mushrooms. I also like peanut butter, mayonnaise and pickled beetroot sandwiches.

Do you like cashew butter? "

The multi combination one?

I haven't tried cashew butter but I like other nut butters and I like cashews so I imagine I will.

over a year ago

I used to have a gripe water addiction.

Mum had given me some to help me poo as I’d gotten a bit blocked.

After that I was hooked, I’d find the bottle and have myself a cheeky spoonful whenever I could.

over a year ago

I like madeira cake with a slice of mild or medium cheddar on top

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I like madeira cake with a slice of mild or medium cheddar on top"

I like Christmas cake with a slice of cheese.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I used to eat raw pastry when my mum had been making pies, crumble must have been so much better!

By *aliceWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

I used to eat jelly straight from the packet and oxo cubes as a child.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"I used to have a gripe water addiction.

After that I was hooked, I’d find the bottle and have myself a cheeky spoonful whenever I could."

I used to like the liquid antibiotics as a child, that weird strawberry flavour.

over a year ago

My brother used to eat raw sausages at least now he cooks them

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"I used to have a gripe water addiction.

After that I was hooked, I’d find the bottle and have myself a cheeky spoonful whenever I could.

I used to like the liquid antibiotics as a child, that weird strawberry flavour."

Amoxicillin? I used to love the banana flavour

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

I once took a bite out of my sister's lip salve thinking it tasted like the "strawberry flavour" it professed to be! Er, no.

Needless to say it only happened once!

over a year ago

Wolverhampton

My husband likes to go to the cheese stand at the monthly farmers market. Good cheese, but expensive as you'd expect. The cheese man was telling us about his truffle cheese and how a woman had bought £50 worth off him. She'd taken it home and popped it in the fridge. Come back a bit later to find her son and his friends had eaten the lot in one sitting. She wasn't best pleased and had to buy more the next month

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I used to eat raw pastry when my mum had been making pies, crumble must have been so much better!"

Erm I may have eaten raw pastry last week when making a quiche

over a year ago

"When it comes to odd, I like raw mushrooms. I also like peanut butter, mayonnaise and pickled beetroot sandwiches.

Do you like cashew butter?

The multi combination one?

I haven't tried cashew butter but I like other nut butters and I like cashews so I imagine I will. "

Yeah it’s just on its own, you can get almond butter and get the one mixed!

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

Peoples tastes are weird … I know some don’t like peanut butter and even others who don’t like marmite peanut butter… can you believe it

over a year ago

Wolverhampton

So a disclaimer, this one's from my student days. Those who are easily queasy look away now.

At Uni in one year I lived above a flat that 4 guys shared. One of them was on my course and told me about the dares they did. They were a bit gross and didn't clean up much. So one guy got dared to eat what was in the grill pan - the one that had never been washed in 6 months of use - and he did

over a year ago

"When it comes to odd, I like raw mushrooms. I also like peanut butter, mayonnaise and pickled beetroot sandwiches. "

Raw mushrooms are lush.

Mr

over a year ago

"I like madeira cake with a slice of mild or medium cheddar on top

I like Christmas cake with a slice of cheese. "

I'll have some that cheese for me hot cross buns..cheers

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

We used to mix Coca-Cola with milk when we were younger. Haven't tried it in years but it wasn't half bad

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

My mum used to have to hide the butter and vinegar when I was a small kid as I used to help myself to it...she had the last laugh when she left out lard once and I took a mouthful of that instead

Tg x

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

"We used to mix Coca-Cola with milk when we were younger. Haven't tried it in years but it wasn't half bad"

Milk and squash was my go to I look back now and go

Tg x

over a year ago

"We used to mix Coca-Cola with milk when we were younger. Haven't tried it in years but it wasn't half bad"

Coke float?

over a year ago

Tell you wots rather good ..baby food I love a rusk and the rice pudding or chocolate & banana dessert ??

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"We used to mix Coca-Cola with milk when we were younger. Haven't tried it in years but it wasn't half bad

Tg x"

You used dilute the squash with milk? That sounds gross but I'm now morbidly curious

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"We used to mix Coca-Cola with milk when we were younger. Haven't tried it in years but it wasn't half bad

Coke float?"

I didn't know that was a thing! Guess milk isn't too far removed from ice cream!

By *rSuave88Man
over a year ago

Mirfield

I used to eat chalk as a child

over a year ago

Erm... Can I just ask.... Or am I being thick here (more than likely )

Are we talking in the same sarnie??? , or you just like

A mayo sarnie

A P/Butter sarnie

and a beetroot sarnie

over a year ago

My kids asked for some gherkins one day. I gave them one hoping they wouldn't like them because I loveeeee them. Turns out they absolutely love them too and subsequently ate all my gherkins. Gherkins are now purchased with every food shop. I was putting them away the other day and our 4 year old said. "Thank you so much mummy, you bought pickles, I love pickles so much"

over a year ago

"Tell you wots rather good ..baby food I love a rusk and the rice pudding or chocolate & banana dessert ??"

My adult kids love Rusk

over a year ago

"Tell you wots rather good ..baby food I love a rusk and the rice pudding or chocolate & banana dessert ??

My adult kids love Rusk "

Oh god, I love rusks! I would never ever give it to a baby or child but me... Yes, the whole packet please - mushed in boiled water.

over a year ago

"My kids asked for some gherkins one day. I gave them one hoping they wouldn't like them because I loveeeee them. Turns out they absolutely love them too and subsequently ate all my gherkins. Gherkins are now purchased with every food shop. I was putting them away the other day and our 4 year old said. "Thank you so much mummy, you bought pickles, I love pickles so much""

Oh that's so bless xx

over a year ago

"Tell you wots rather good ..baby food I love a rusk and the rice pudding or chocolate & banana dessert ??

My adult kids love Rusk

Oh god, I love rusks! I would never ever give it to a baby or child but me... Yes, the whole packet please - mushed in boiled water."

Hot milk in my house

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

Tg x

You used dilute the squash with milk? That sounds gross but I'm now morbidly curious "

Yup

Tg x

over a year ago

I did as a kid and I still do now - I love eating the skin off custard and slurping the skin from hot chocolate. Even to the extent of my sister giving me the skin from her custard when we were young.

over a year ago

"I know someone who actually enjoys eating cold baked beans straight out of the can…..

(It isn’t me for the record) "

Yum! Love cold baked beans

A favourite - actually some family tradition are

Heinz tomato soup with a small can of Heinz cold baked beans mixed in

Squashed Shredded Wheat, pour boiling water of the shredded wheat and squash between two plates, drain the water off, then spread butter and salt, or butter & jam, or any other choice of topping on top and enjoy.

Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

My friend used to put the bottle of San Izal disinfectant to her lips and taste it.

If it wouldn't have made her really ill I'm sure she would have drank glasses of it.

over a year ago

My adult kids love Rusk "

they have good taste

over a year ago

My adult kids love Rusk

Oh god, I love rusks! I would never ever give it to a baby or child but me... Yes, the whole packet please - mushed in boiled water."

no milk and even better oat milk these days ??

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Erm... Can I just ask.... Or am I being thick here (more than likely )

Are we talking in the same sarnie??? , or you just like

A mayo sarnie

A P/Butter sarnie

and a beetroot sarnie

"

Yeah all three in the same sandwich

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Raw mushrooms are lush.

Mr"

I discovered it when we made homemade pizzas as a kid and my mum put little bowls of all the toppings on the table and I started eating them

over a year ago

I absolutely love raw black pudding with a healthy layer of strawberry jam on top.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I used to know a guy who ate potatoes like you eat apples.

By *ategoodbyeMan
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

Frozen vegetarian supermarket pizza is perfectly edible if you let it fully defrost. In fact it’s not bad if you gnaw it still frozen.

over a year ago

When I was small I ate everything going. Worms, raw sausages and plants.

Nowadays I'm a little more civilised

over a year ago

"I did as a kid and I still do now - I love eating the skin off custard and slurping the skin from hot chocolate. Even to the extent of my sister giving me the skin from her custard when we were young."

Awww Jesus f**k this is my number one revulsion...

It's the reason why I drink my tea or coffee fairly quickly so it doesn't develope that film on top, same with custard..

.....tut..you dirty dirty boy

over a year ago

"When I was small I ate everything going. Worms, raw sausages and plants.

Nowadays I'm a little more civilised "

...tut..you dirty dirty girl

By *inky_CarpenterMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I hiked and travelled all over rural Southern and East Africa in my wayward youth.

You wouldn't believe some of the things I ate in those unexplored villages and Bush Camps.... Snakes, Rats, Locusts, grasshoppers, Grubs, Worms, Bats, Monkeys, Ants, Scorpions, Mayflies, Frogs, Tadpoles, Snails, Tiny birds, All kinds of wierd dried, fish, meats and selfish that I couldn't identify.

The worst I ever tasted was raw sea urchin though. OMG it tastes so disgusting! I can't believe that it's considered a delicacy

Post new Message to Thread