By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hey ladies.

Has anyone been diagnosed with vaginismus? Any tips? Ta "

No, but similar - tightness due to a health condition, maybe try some of the sets of probes that start off really small and work up to a size you’re comfortable with

over a year ago

"Hey ladies.

Has anyone been diagnosed with vaginismus? Any tips? Ta

No, but similar - tightness due to a health condition, maybe try some of the sets of probes that start off really small and work up to a size you’re comfortable with "

I’m trying that currently (without any luck so far) but I believe an amount of it is psychological? This may be different to your condition in that way? Have the dilators helped you?

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I'm not a woman, but I was sure a woman I was seeing had this. She wasn't diagnosed.

She still wanted to have sex but it wasn't much fun as I felt like I was hurting her.

Good luck.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I knew someone that was. She actually need help for PTSD as well

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Personally I always found sex very painful. Till I left the horrible ex.

So I agree OP it can be very much of the mind

over a year ago

I didn’t use any but for a few years I didn’t feel that I could get anything in, then I started on vagifem which is a suppository, with a very low amount of oestrogen, then started trying to put kegel balls in, it’s very much a confidence thing too and learning to relax again. Use plenty plenty lube, and only insert as much as you feel capable.

Mine is due to a condition called Lichen Sclerosis which can (and has) caused atrophy of the walls, also have a drying condition which makes it worse. The vagifem helps with the drying. But I have to turn down men who are VWE, for obvious reasons.

over a year ago

"Personally I always found sex very painful. Till I left the horrible ex.

So I agree OP it can be very much of the mind "

There doesn’t seem to be a cause though? I’m not menopausal, I’m happily single, no abusive ex’s, no sexual trauma. I don’t get it, neither does my dr. Which makes me think it isn’t vaginismus. I’ve had blood done, hormones checked, std checks, smears - the lot. Nothing wrong anywhere.

It’s baffling.

over a year ago

"I didn’t use any but for a few years I didn’t feel that I could get anything in, then I started on vagifem which is a suppository, with a very low amount of oestrogen, then started trying to put kegel balls in, it’s very much a confidence thing too and learning to relax again. Use plenty plenty lube, and only insert as much as you feel capable.

Mine is due to a condition called Lichen Sclerosis which can (and has) caused atrophy of the walls, also have a drying condition which makes it worse. The vagifem helps with the drying. But I have to turn down men who are VWE, for obvious reasons. "

My very good friend has LS, she really struggles. Bring a female sucks sometimes

over a year ago

If you managed a smear with no issue, maybe you're just off sex atm

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"There doesn’t seem to be a cause though? I’m not menopausal, I’m happily single, no abusive ex’s, no sexual trauma. I don’t get it, neither does my dr. Which makes me think it isn’t vaginismus. I’ve had blood done, hormones checked, std checks, smears - the lot. Nothing wrong anywhere.

It’s baffling. "

It is

over a year ago

There doesn’t seem to be a cause though? I’m not menopausal, I’m happily single, no abusive ex’s, no sexual trauma. I don’t get it, neither does my dr. Which makes me think it isn’t vaginismus. I’ve had blood done, hormones checked, std checks, smears - the lot. Nothing wrong anywhere.

It’s baffling. "

Might you be peri menopausal? It starts earlier than we realise?

over a year ago

"If you managed a smear with no issue, maybe you're just off sex atm "

The smear was painful and took ages! She had to use a tiny speculum but it needed to be done so it was a needs must situation.

The dr is convinced it’s muscle spasms but I don’t know why.

over a year ago

It’s baffling.

Might you be peri menopausal? It starts earlier than we realise? "

Dr says no. I’ve had all of my hormones checked. He doesn’t eee any problem there and my periods are regular.

over a year ago

"I didn’t use any but for a few years I didn’t feel that I could get anything in, then I started on vagifem which is a suppository, with a very low amount of oestrogen, then started trying to put kegel balls in, it’s very much a confidence thing too and learning to relax again. Use plenty plenty lube, and only insert as much as you feel capable.

Mine is due to a condition called Lichen Sclerosis which can (and has) caused atrophy of the walls, also have a drying condition which makes it worse. The vagifem helps with the drying. But I have to turn down men who are VWE, for obvious reasons.

My very good friend has LS, she really struggles. Bring a female sucks sometimes "

Yes it does, I had a flare up last summer of the LS, lasted 5 weeks…. 5 weeks of hell! The one before that lasted 18 months.

Have you thought about having a yoni massage?

Research it first, then if you want to have one find someone who can offer it, but not from here. Might help

over a year ago

My very good friend has LS, she really struggles. Bring a female sucks sometimes

Yes it does, I had a flare up last summer of the LS, lasted 5 weeks…. 5 weeks of hell! The one before that lasted 18 months.

Have you thought about having a yoni massage?

Research it first, then if you want to have one find someone who can offer it, but not from here. Might help "

The difficulty is, until it’s “fixed”, I don’t feel like I can have a stranger “down there” if you know what I mean. Because I know it will hurt and that makes me nervous, which hurts more (and so on)

over a year ago

Yes I know what you mean, but at some time you will need to allow it to happen, I don’t mean that in a bad sense. Wish I could help more. As it does affect us in every part of our lives weather there is a partner involved or not. Only other thing I can suggest is hyp notherapy?

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm not diagnosed with anything other than endometriosis but I've had issues with sex being painful. It just feels like the entrance to my vagina won't relax if that makes sense. Even on my own it's sometimes a case of easing it in and letting my body get used to it a bit at a time and eventually it kinda relaxes and lets it in .It's much better in recent years but still can be bad if I go weeks without sex. It's like I have to keep those muscles working or something.

over a year ago

"Yes I know what you mean, but at some time you will need to allow it to happen, I don’t mean that in a bad sense. Wish I could help more. As it does affect us in every part of our lives weather there is a partner involved or not. Only other thing I can suggest is hyp notherapy? "

I haven’t thought of that, that’s worth looking in to, thanks

over a year ago

"I'm not diagnosed with anything other than endometriosis but I've had issues with sex being painful. It just feels like the entrance to my vagina won't relax if that makes sense. Even on my own it's sometimes a case of easing it in and letting my body get used to it a bit at a time and eventually it kinda relaxes and lets it in .It's much better in recent years but still can be bad if I go weeks without sex. It's like I have to keep those muscles working or something. "

Exactly that!

I don’t feel in control of it though

Post new Message to Thread